test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sooo when is GF getting nerfed?

Comments

• blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    GFs cant 2hit without tenebs or rank 8s? BUFF PLEASE, UNDERPOWERED.

You're right though, conquerer path is op and gives them no reason to spec defensively when gwf out-tanks them easily.

Do you even play this game?
    or you are just trying to start some fights in the forums?
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    blindsyn1 wrote: »
    Thats your problem right here.... and im surprised noone said that earlier, but any class with Tenebrous is OP...
    so you want a class to be nerfed because of some enchants?

learn to play, learn to dodge the bullrush, learn to dodge the frontline surge.... you dont even know why they are doing so much damage to you....

here's a hint : if you have a laser beam pointing at you from the GF, run, dodge or go stealth, thats KC, an encounter that allows us do do double damage... or dodge and attack us because in that time we are taking double damage also... but i see that you are a bad player.
    i cant even tell you how many times a GOOD player have dodge my attacks, leaving me 15+ sec without nothing to do except auto attack....
    but from your posts i can see that you are like the ones that try to facetank other classes and then wonder why they died, ragequitting the team afterworks claiming that other classes are OP...

and by reading that you main a rogue, that post is more ridiculous that what i thought...

How on earth, I wonder, did you come to that conclusion? I'm truly astonished that you could guess from my texts that i'm a rogue who tries to facetank GFs. I really just can't do anything but laugh at comments like this.

And i do know what KC is (have a GF myself) and most builds don't even use knight's challange, because it's not that hard to avoid. (and if you can just CC rotate them dead in 2-3 attacks, why bother right?) You can actually see it coming (big *** red laser.) Frontline surge on the other hand, and the endless LS's on 6 sec cooldown, combined with bull charge and an at will gap closer are a bit tough to dodge in the long run though, all while they can just constantly have their shield raised without losing any block meter from it.
    edited August 2013
    blindsyn1 wrote: »
    Do you even play this game?
    or you are just trying to start some fights in the forums?

No? and I'm talking about pvp, not pve.
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited August 2013
    All of you QQing about GFs 2-shotting you are crying because of a single ability called Knights Challenge. This has nothing to do with the conqueror tree. Without this ability activated there is no way in hell that you are being 2-shotted. It's easy to see when you are marked with it and it also opens the GF to taking ridiculous damage back in return. I lol whenever a GF puts KC on my CW b/c I can pretty easily kite them until it's down or hit them with a CC chain should they try to catch up to me and melt them for double damage.

The Conqueror tree does nothing more than equalize a GFs otherwise low weapon damage to that of other classes. GFs will naturally have lower crit and crit severity so any burst that they do is either from a very lucky crit, silly tene enchants, or Knights Challenge.

There is absolutely nothing OP about GFs. If anything their other trees need to be revamped to be as desirable as the Conqueror path.
    edited August 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    All of you QQing about GFs 2-shotting you are crying because of a single ability called Knights Challenge. This has nothing to do with the conqueror tree. Without this ability activated there is no way in hell that you are being 2-shotted. It's easy to see when you are marked with it and it also opens the GF to taking ridiculous damage back in return. I lol whenever a GF puts KC on my CW b/c I can pretty easily kite them until it's down or hit them with a CC chain should they try to catch up to me and melt them for double damage.

The Conqueror tree does nothing more than equalize a GFs otherwise low weapon damage to that of other classes. GFs will naturally have lower crit and crit severity so any burst that they do is either from a very lucky crit, silly tene enchants, or Knights Challenge.

There is absolutely nothing OP about GFs. If anything their other trees need to be revamped to be as desirable as the Conqueror path.
    How on earth, I wonder, did you come to that conclusion? I'm truly astonished that you could guess from my texts that i'm a rogue who tries to facetank GFs. I really just can't do anything but laugh at comments like this.

And i do know what KC is (have a GF myself) and most builds don't even use knight's challange, because it's not that hard to avoid. (and if you can just CC rotate them dead in 2-3 attacks, why bother right?) You can actually see it coming (big *** red laser.) Frontline surge on the other hand, and the endless LS's on 6 sec cooldown, combined with bull charge and an at will gap closer are a bit tough to dodge in the long run though, all while they can just constantly have their shield raised without losing any block meter from it.
    /sigh .
  • elahra1rahelahra1rah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Obivous troll is obvious
    all while they can just constantly have their shield raised without losing any block meter from it.
    I help you : you have to click to attack with your at-wills and push keys on your keyboard to use your encounters.

We'll see later for dodge. ;)
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    GFs cant 2hit without tenebs or rank 8s? BUFF PLEASE, UNDERPOWERED.

You're right though, conquerer path is op and gives them no reason to spec defensively when gwf out-tanks them easily.

i tried conqueror with normal and glass cannon set up
    my highest crit with LS is 6k lets say my highest crit with bull rush is 9k can i 2 hit any of other classes with 15k damage?

again with the 2 hits KO its not possible if you dont have t2 gear + rank 8 enchants, KC, or tene

player skill too low buff please,underpowered :D

If i beat them im PRO
    if they beat me their class are OP and should be nerfed
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    trollgre wrote: »

If i beat them im PRO
    if they beat me their class are OP and should be nerfed

^ that basically sums up zalcs, and alike players, mentality. ;)

He is on a spree on forums asking devs to nerf every class he can't kill xD it is hilarious.
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited August 2013
    /sigh .

And those builds that don't use KC never 2-shot or even 3-shot people. Those other builds try to stun lock to achieve their kills. Learn the class and you will learn how to fight it. Any serious pvper should understand every class and their abilities.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You can't use high end gear as an excuse to not nerf classes. Guess what Cleric just got nerfed just coz of that reason. With high end gear they can mitigrate ALOT of dmg, while healing their group for ****loads.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    You can't use high end gear as an excuse to not nerf classes. Guess what Cleric just got nerfed just coz of that reason. With high end gear they can mitigrate ALOT of dmg, while healing their group for ****loads.

Uh yes you can. High end gear that maybe 1-2% of the player base has. If you nerf so they have a harder time, then you massively nerf all the players who don't have anywhere near the best gear to the point of frustration. Great way to get people to leave your game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    ^ that basically sums up zalcs, and alike players, mentality. ;)

He is on a spree on forums asking devs to nerf every class he can't kill xD it is hilarious.

This is the first thread I've made on the pvp forums about class balance. Guess it just goes to show how credible you are in your posts.
  • bkloesbkloes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really wish I knew what i was doing wrong because I hear people talking about GF having 1 hit ability....and I often feel like I hit like a little girl. I am conquer path, 12.8 GS using lizard sword and even have 20% ArP. If I get someone with my bull rush, shield knock down and lunge I might drop them to half health on average...but often it only takes off maybe a quarter. This means I basically blew my wad and didn't kill them....all encounters in cool down basically. Now look at TR....I can't stand toe to toe with them....cause they will drop my health instantly. If I block my shield breaks...I attack they are immune. Against GWF.....they knock me prone if not careful .....they have that sword lunge where they twist sword around....often seems like 1 round drops me to half health....and could leave me prone if they do it right. Seriously....what am I missing that makes GF so OP?
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yay! Let's PVP! Let me know if you're on Mindflayer. I love dueling GFs! Much fun!

yes i am in there 2 we can play a little :D maybe i have not found a powerfull enough CW in game

and i agree with other say about "Knights Challenge" i do not use it cause ti really feels cheap to go from behind and 2 shot people, i prefer my rotation of Lurking strike, bull charge, threating rush, frontline surge, threatening rush, and cleave or lurking if is op again, will lucky i am able to do 10k crits XD one or 2 but cannot one shot kill, soulforge always starts so i need to play a litlle till lurking is up again to have a shot.

so if they nerf Knights Challenge i agree with that change the increase should be 50% and not 100% in damage that is in fact 2 OP
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
    edited August 2013
    yes i am in there 2 we can play a little :D maybe i have not found a powerfull enough CW in game

and i agree with other say about "Knights Challenge" i do not use it cause ti really feels cheap to go from behind and 2 shot people, i prefer my rotation of Lurking strike, bull charge, threating rush, frontline surge, threatening rush, and cleave or lurking if is op again, will lucky i am able to do 10k crits XD one or 2 but cannot one shot kill, soulforge always starts so i need to play a litlle till lurking is up again to have a shot.

so if they nerf Knights Challenge i agree with that change the increase should be 50% and not 100% in damage that is in fact 2 OP

I honestly don't have much of a problems with GF's running KC, it's predictactable (and you can stall it out.) It's way more fun to play against than chain cc that does waaay too much damage for a tank class. (conqueror build)
  • baktanus666baktanus666 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The only thing that needs to be nerfed about GF is their ability to prone you successively. Increase the cooldown of that skill. Leave their damage and shield alone!
  • nightgameznightgamez Member Posts: 85
    edited September 2013
    The only thing that needs to be nerfed about GF is their ability to prone you successively. Increase the cooldown of that skill. Leave their damage and shield alone!

The only thing that needs to be nerfed is a TR's Impossible to catch. Having stealth + 1-2 shot encounters + impossible to catch is to much. You SHOULD DIE after coming out of stealth and killing someone in 1 or 2 shots, you should not be able to pop a you cant kill me button and get away and do this again and again. That is Op.
    This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bkloes wrote: »
    I really wish I knew what i was doing wrong because I hear people talking about GF having 1 hit ability....and I often feel like I hit like a little girl. I am conquer path, 12.8 GS using lizard sword and even have 20% ArP. If I get someone with my bull rush, shield knock down and lunge I might drop them to half health on average...but often it only takes off maybe a quarter. This means I basically blew my wad and didn't kill them....all encounters in cool down basically. Now look at TR....I can't stand toe to toe with them....cause they will drop my health instantly. If I block my shield breaks...I attack they are immune. Against GWF.....they knock me prone if not careful .....they have that sword lunge where they twist sword around....often seems like 1 round drops me to half health....and could leave me prone if they do it right. Seriously....what am I missing that makes GF so OP?

You really gotta read some of the play-guides. Check out scrotobaggins.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Such a negative, evil-toned thread. If anything should be against the forum rules is this.

I get your tears.

But I don't get your attitudes.

I mean lighten up and think positive for just ONCE in your life, you may like it.

EG: A positive solution to your tears:

Hey devs could you buff my class so i'm as powerful as X class?

Why is your solution destroying other classes to make you feel better?

Plus tons of blatantly false info here:
    - Guardians CANNOT block behind them. It functions only in about a 110 Degree arc in front of them.
    - Guardians fighting equal gear players CANNOT 2-3 shot them. This ONLY happens in completely unbalanced gear scenarios where no matter what the other players class is, he will lose. Gear has a massive impact in this game, so trying to call out one class because of that is nonsense.
    - Rogue-like dps? ... A high geared rogue can and does LITERALLY 1 shot low geared players. By the above claim of 3 shots, that puts rogues at triple the burst damage output. Realistically, they are around double in pvp, it's not even close.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

A cooldown increase even to infinity would not change that. The fact we can do that is because we have 2 different knockdowns, and a daily knockback. So if the dailies up, we can chain all 3.

They do already have long cooldowns, so it's not possible to chain past the first 3 currently.

A full CC spec'd CW can permanently control a player. So if you feel thats an issue, you really shouldn't' be complaining about GFs first. Most CWs simply don't though because it relies on advanced builds and gear, so you see it less then a guardian using knockdowns.
    All GFs use the knockdowns simply because our other encounter abilities are pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for pvp, while CWs have many good options.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited September 2013
    / off topic

Is Crush It still playing ?
    havent seen anyone ..
    edited September 2013
    You really gotta read some of the play-guides. Check out scrotobaggins.

I have read these posts.....I have built my GF basically using this guild I think. I know I am using the right skills so I am not sure what you are talking about regarding play guides.
    edited September 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Such a negative, evil-toned thread. If anything should be against the forum rules is this.

I get your tears.

But I don't get your attitudes.

I mean lighten up and think positive for just ONCE in your life, you may like it.

EG: A positive solution to your tears:

Hey devs could you buff my class so i'm as powerful as X class?

Why is your solution destroying other classes to make you feel better?

Plus tons of blatantly false info here:
    - Guardians CANNOT block behind them. It functions only in about a 110 Degree arc in front of them.
    - Guardians fighting equal gear players CANNOT 2-3 shot them. This ONLY happens in completely unbalanced gear scenarios where no matter what the other players class is, he will lose. Gear has a massive impact in this game, so trying to call out one class because of that is nonsense.
    - Rogue-like dps? ... A high geared rogue can and does LITERALLY 1 shot low geared players. By the above claim of 3 shots, that puts rogues at triple the burst damage output. Realistically, they are around double in pvp, it's not even close.

I think balance is getting better once cleric gets some buffs and gf conqueror is getting nerfed. Maybe the title was a little bit insensitive, but hey, gotta do what you gotta do! :cool: Sure, a well geared rogue with greater+ vorpal can one shot 8-11k gs cw/rogue (would have to use daily though for 10k+,) but i can assure you GF won't have the slightest problem with those either :p

Rogue is meant to be a dps class, but gf is called guardian for a reason. I get that you "guard" your team mates with CC, but when each of their encounters does 8-13k crits while knocking prone, something is wrong. Lashing blade has no stun/prone FYI.
    edited September 2013
    I sometimes wonder why I read this forum.....yes TR is a DPS class....so why do they have more survivability than a GWF or GF? I gotta go read a playability guild cause my GF is not as OP as everyone is complaining about.....I can't dodge...yes I have a shield but that just gives 5 people a target and once it breaks I run **** slow!:)
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I think balance is getting better once cleric gets some buffs and gf conqueror is getting nerfed. Maybe the title was a little bit insensitive, but hey, gotta do what you gotta do! :cool: Sure, a well geared rogue with greater+ vorpal can one shot 8-11k gs cw/rogue (would have to use daily though for 10k+,) but i can assure you GF won't have the slightest problem with those either :p

Rogue is meant to be a dps class, but gf is called guardian for a reason. I get that you "guard" your team mates with CC, but when each of their encounters does 8-13k crits while knocking prone, something is wrong. Lashing blade has no stun/prone FYI.

First: Each is false. 2 only have this ability. Second: TR has impact shot, which do on crits 7k+ aren't it? And it can prone you three times. Sometimes it's buggy and freeze me through guard.
  • joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Just gonna chime in. I'm one of the better GF on Beholder and really geared out to boot. First, in order to make that statement, it has cost me ohhh about 4-5 million AD. Full Timeless, Rank 6 and 7's, lesser Terror enchant, lesser soulforge. No tene. That is a VERY expensive investment for a toon.

Secondly, out of my 3 encounters, one is Knight's Challenge, with a 20+ second CD. It marks the target. Yes it does double damage to them, but only to them, with 1/2 dmg if I hit someone while they are marked. And guess what? The marked target does DOUBLE dmg to ME. It's a gamble. In order to be competitive in PVP we also almost have to stack as glass cannons in order to compete with the other classes. I am specced pure PVP, 7k Power, 2k crit. I can only 1 shot the very low geared classes, and have to fight my butt off against everything else.
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
    edited September 2013

TRs have multiple ways to get out of combat, have consistent high dps, and in many cases even more survivability. GFs have fairly long cool downs on their encounters which already don't hit exceptionally hard. Also it's not as if GFs crit all that often. You're looking at most GFs having less than 20% crit chance in pvp. Just avoid one of their encounters and you've got a good 10 seconds of being hit by wet noodle at-will attacks.

GFs have plenty of their own issues in pvp and plenty of ways to counter them. Just quit all the trolling and juvenile nerf posts Zalcs. You've been shot down repeatedly with sound logic and people that are kind enough to educate you on what you're doing wrong. Your personal campaign will lead to nothing but embarrassment to yourself.
    edited September 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    TRs have multiple ways to get out of combat, have consistent high dps, and in many cases even more survivability. GFs have fairly long cool downs on their encounters which already don't hit exceptionally hard. Also it's not as if GFs crit all that often. You're looking at most GFs having less than 20% crit chance in pvp. Just avoid one of their encounters and you've got a good 10 seconds of being hit by wet noodle at-will attacks.

GFs have plenty of their own issues in pvp and plenty of ways to counter them. Just quit all the trolling and juvenile nerf posts Zalcs. You've been shot down repeatedly with sound logic and people that are kind enough to educate you on what you're doing wrong. Your personal campaign will lead to nothing but embarrassment to yourself.

6 sec cd on a huge gap closer that crits for up to 9-10k on squishies is not long... Take into account the 2 other encounters that both prone (something you can't get out of) and you'll see why i'm complaining. Your inability to see how ridiculous the conqueror path is just shows who's embarrassing themselves. Calling someone a troll just because you disagree with them also shows how you lack real arguements...

You're making this about TRs, something i can't understand because i was talking about GFs. How long do you think a 12k cleric stacking regen/def/deflect will last against a GF conqueror, tenebs or not? Not very long.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    6 sec cd on a huge gap closer that crits for up to 9-10k on squishies is not long... Take into account the 2 other encounters that both prone (something you can't get out of) and you'll see why i'm complaining. Your inability to see how ridiculous the conqueror path is just shows who's embarrassing themselves. Calling someone a troll just because you disagree with them also shows how you lack real arguements...

You're making this about TRs, something i can't understand because i was talking about GFs. How long do you think a 12k cleric stacking regen/def/deflect will last against a GF conqueror, tenebs or not? Not very long.

Buffing everyone's PvP health pool by 5x would solve so many problems. In any case, all you need to beat down a GF in PvP is a CW running some cold spells too keep them permanently locked down.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    With that much more HP, a few classes like a GF or a GWF will cruelly become unstoppable especially if they got a nice regen going. Can you imagine how long it would take to take those two down?