test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sooo when is GF getting nerfed?

zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Getting kinda tired of getting 2-3 hit by them, almost 1 hit if they have tenebrous. (No knight's challange) Nothing to stop their cc chain, you just lay there while they can easily DPS rotate you. Also, they are the only class that can avoid shocking execution, just a FYI.

They have absolutely no counters (cw gets 1 hit ko'd.) Last patch they had zero nerfs. Zero. Only nerf was their op t1 set which wasn't supposed to work like that anyway... But yeah. Second tankiest class in the game for pvp (after gwf, which by the way is ridiculous with tenebrous too), and they have rogue-like dps and better single target cc than cw.

I really hope the new class can somehow snipe through their shield or something, but i have my doubts.
Post edited by zalcs on

Comments

• munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Win some lose some.

Gotta find a way to counter them.

Playing a TR mostly. I'd rather fight a BiS GF then a BiS CW anyday. GF's abilities are stupid easy to dodge.<---If they dont get the jump on you

Only complaint I have about GF is they can block with there shield...from the rear. Makes no sense at all =)
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    Last patch they had zero nerfs. Zero. Only nerf was their op t1 set

Ignore the troll. Most likely got killed in PvP and had to QQ on the forums.

Last Patch:

Knights Valor was nerfed pretty hard. Went from generating about 75-80% of Action Bar down to 15% or so.

Best Armor set in-game had the bonus reworked to a worthless mechanic. (Interesting since TR's QQ'ed about their Lurkers being reworked into a worthless mechanic and Cryptic reverse the change and makes it a nerf!)

There is no fixing GF in PvP due to Knights Challenge giving a 100% Damage increase. The class will always be very strong in PvP because it's a TANK class and designed to mitigate damage same goes with GWF.

So stop the QQ and go L2P.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Only complaint I have about GF is they can block with there shield...from the rear. Makes no sense at all =)

Actually we can't block from the rear only from the wide arc in front.

What you are seeing is latency between you and the other player. It's also why GF's get really frustrated because we hit you with a prone then 1 second later you dodge and avoid the prone that hit. Lag issues in PvP are really bad in NW.
  • ggyuggyu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Getting kinda tired of getting 2 hit by them, almost 1 hit if they have tenebrous. Nothing to stop their cc chain, you just lay there while they can easily DPS rotate you. Also, they are the only class that can avoid shocking execution, just a FYI.

They have absolutely no counters (cw gets 1 hit ko'd.) Last patch they had zero nerfs. Zero. Only nerf was their op t1 set which wasn't supposed to work like that anyway... But yeah. Second tankiest class in the game for pvp (after gwf, which by the way is ridiculous with tenebrous too), and they have rogue dps and better cc than cw.

I really hope the new class can somehow snipe through their armour or something, but i have my doubts.

Will I agree in that part ,that getting sick really
    I'm GWF and also couldn't do thing to GF at all,he just use shield and wow in second i been knock back,down and back again and use Unstoppable ,but no use Shield help him alot with high damage ,that no more fun at alll
    He just over over over power really
    KILLERDDDD
  • alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    TR can attack the back easily with stealth and disable block with dazing strike or smoke bomb, CW has CCs catch at GF even if he is to block.
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Ignore the troll. Most likely got killed in PvP and had to QQ on the forums.

Last Patch:

Knights Valor was nerfed pretty hard. Went from generating about 75-80% of Action Bar down to 15% or so.

Best Armor set in-game had the bonus reworked to a worthless mechanic. (Interesting since TR's QQ'ed about their Lurkers being reworked into a worthless mechanic and Cryptic reverse the change and makes it a nerf!)

There is no fixing GF in PvP due to Knights Challenge giving a 100% Damage increase. The class will always be very strong in PvP because it's a TANK class and designed to mitigate damage same goes with GWF.

So stop the QQ and go L2P.

Knight's valor isn't used in pvp, I'm sure you know that. Instead of complaining about minor PVE nerfs, you should stop defending a clearly op "tank" class that can 2-3 hit people with ease, and block any attack/cc with block. (except for cw's freeze at-will, but.. really?)
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As a CW I looooove fighting GF! Here's my usual rotation:

1) Ray of Frost. Shield blocks damage but freeze affect remains.
    2) If they Lunging Strike, dodge once or twice and you won't get hit by Bull Rush.
    3) Continue RoF until frozen, Entangling Force + Repel.
    4) Icy Rays (3 chill stacks) + Chill strike (3 chill stacks for me, Oppressor spec) + RoF (1 chill stack) = frozen.

Rinse and repeat. Can't do two much if you get 2-3 manned, really.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    GFs are easy to beat.
    Their attacks are predictable and easy to dodge.

If you're on the beholder server I can show you a few tricks to easily dodging all the classes heavy damaging moves.
    It just takes practice.

If you're not on the beholder server. I can explain it to you via PMs.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Well whoever is attacking a GF with encounters, while he is raising his shield, clearly is having severe mental issues. :)
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sooo when is GF getting nerfed?

Any day now. Why? Because I finally hit 60. And that's how my luck goes with these kinds of games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cry about your class getting nerfed; demand other classes get nerfed. You gotta love gamer logic.
    10PM CST

edited August 2013
    GFs are easy to beat.
    Their attacks are predictable and easy to dodge.

If you're on the beholder server I can show you a few tricks to easily dodging all the classes heavy damaging moves.
    It just takes practice.

If you're not on the beholder server. I can explain it to you via PMs.

I know how to dodge them, but every class dosen't have 3 dodges unfortunately:| a good GF wont mindlessly spam his encounters anyway, and will wait for dodges, it's pretty easy for them to predict when somebody isn't gonna dodge
  • clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I know how to dodge them, but every class dosen't have 3 dodges unfortunately:| a good GF wont mindlessly spam his encounters anyway, and will wait for dodges, it's pretty easy for them to predict when somebody isn't gonna dodge

Eventually they'll have to use an encounter or they wont kill you.
    Just be patient with your dodges and you'll be fine.
    edited August 2013
    Eventually they'll have to use an encounter or they wont kill you.
    Just be patient with your dodges and you'll be fine.

Frontline surge is too instantaneous, and then the cc chain starts..
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Getting kinda tired of getting 2 hit by them, almost 1 hit if they have tenebrous. Nothing to stop their cc chain, you just lay there while they can easily DPS rotate you. Also, they are the only class that can avoid shocking execution, just a FYI.

Umm not true, as DC if I slide at just the right time and can get the immune when a shocking execution or ice knife etc comes down onto me. As a CW I can get the immune by teleporting at the right time and as a TR I can get the dodge by doing the same thing. GF can block it, and GWF can maybe go unstoppable but have to eat the damage unless they use the feature that gives them short immunity after using a daily. Maybe they can run away, I see them do that to avoid such things.
    They have absolutely no counters (cw gets 1 hit ko'd.) Last patch they had zero nerfs. Zero. Only nerf was their op t1 set which wasn't supposed to work like that anyway... But yeah. Second tankiest class in the game for pvp (after gwf, which by the way is ridiculous with tenebrous too), and they have rogue dps and better cc than cw.

I really hope the new class can somehow snipe through their armour or something, but i have my doubts.

GF are not really all that OP in PvP, they only have 3 prones and one is a daily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm a CW as well.

The only thing that I would like to see nerfed is the prone time (Just enough for you to be able to stand up before getting knocked down again, and dodge the second knock down)

I don't like to play GF much, but I would like to see some buffs for the protector tree actually. I would really like to see them make the threat mechanic work much better with them as well. Basically I want tanks who can tank.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
    edited August 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    I'm a CW as well.

The only thing that I would like to see nerfed is the prone time (Just enough for you to be able to stand up before getting knocked down again, and dodge the second knock down)

I don't like to play GF much, but I would like to see some buffs for the protector tree actually. I would really like to see them make the threat mechanic work much better with them as well. Basically I want tanks who can tank.

GWF already took that job :p
    Umm not true, as DC if I slide at just the right time and can get the immune when a shocking execution or ice knife etc comes down onto me. As a CW I can get the immune by teleporting at the right time and as a TR I can get the dodge by doing the same thing. GF can block it, and GWF can maybe go unstoppable but have to eat the damage unless they use the feature that gives them short immunity after using a daily. Maybe they can run away, I see them do that to avoid such things.

TR and CW dosen't work, i dunno about dc though, but i've never missed on one, even while they were dodging lol
    edited August 2013
    Frontline surge is too instantaneous, and then the cc chain starts..

What class/es do you play?
  • drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Le sigh. 'Nerf the stuns, nerf the shield!' Why don't we just remove the class entirely? They're not gonna' be much good to a group if these changes are implemented.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
    edited August 2013
    What class/es do you play?

tr, impossible to catch wont last for ever, and if you're smart you'll use it to get away, cause there's no way you're winning that fight lol

edit: used to play cleric, but its free points for anyone if not playing with a premade
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GWF already took that job :p

Not for long with the nerfs to the GWF.

Why are you even complaining about the class? GF are near the bottom of my list on "Classes that need to be nerfed"

All Cryptic has to do is cut down on the prone time SLIGHTLY and everyone is happy.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
    edited August 2013
    drakesigar wrote: »
    Le sigh. 'Nerf the stuns, nerf the shield!' Why don't we just remove the class entirely? They're not gonna' be much good to a group if these changes are implemented.

It's their ability to do insane damage i'm complaining about... if they couldn't 2 hit people i'd gladly give them all the block they want.
    edited August 2013
    Not for long with the nerfs to the GWF.

Why are you even complaining about the class? GF are near the bottom of my list on "Classes that need to be nerfed"

All Cryptic has to do is cut down on the prone time SLIGHTLY and everyone is happy.

Maybe, i'll have to see it for myself though. Gwf still tanks 4 people though, so i dont really see the point of qqing about their unstoppable nerf. Patch was actually a benefit for them, because now max ARP trs using their daily+lashing can't do any significant burst to them (sentinel build)
    edited August 2013
    tr, impossible to catch wont last for ever, and if you're smart you'll use it to get away, cause there's no way you're winning that fight lol

edit: used to play cleric, but its free points for anyone if not playing with a premade

You must not be well geared then. My tr has a lesser vorpal and master assassin's with rank 5's only and I have no problem with GFs.

Also, if that's what you think about clerics, you should check out my thread.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?472321-How-to-play-the-DC-(in-pvp)-with-current-patches
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The main issue isn't GF stuns, it's the conqueror path. It has to be nerfed at some point, because the bonuses it gives are really too good (pve and pvp). Unfortunately, i'm sure the devs know it but didn't dare nerfing that yet, because when you nerf something OP there are rivers of tears on the forums.

I have tested other parangon paths on my own GF and even with the stun spells it's not "BOOM ONE SHOT" on a BiS DC, CW or TR character with 2k def or more if you ever get caught. With conqueror, it is.
    edited August 2013
    You must not be well geared then. My tr has a lesser vorpal and master assassin's with rank 5's only and I have no problem with GFs.

Also, if that's what you think about clerics, you should check out my thread.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?472321-How-to-play-the-DC-(in-pvp)-with-current-patches

10.8k with lesser vorpal, still crit 8k with lashing from stealth max dps executioner build and 2400+ arp, then getting bull charged 10k back lol.. can't see your build for cleric btw, have to log into the website to see it :eek:
    edited August 2013
    10.8k with lesser vorpal, still crit 8k with lashing from stealth max dps executioner build and 2400+ arp, then getting bull charged 10k back lol.. can't see your build for cleric btw, have to log into the website to see it :eek:

Then the GFs you are fighting must be geared to the teeth.
    Any class is unfair and deadly when maxed out.

As for my build, you can just make a guildportal account and then it will let you view all of those.
    edited August 2013
    Then the GFs you are fighting must be geared to the teeth.
    Any class is unfair and deadly when maxed out.

As for my build, you can just make a guildportal account and then it will let you view all of those.

A lot of GF's lately are geared to the teeth. >.>

oookay, i'll check it out
    edited August 2013
    A lot of GF's lately are geared to the teeth. >.>

oookay, i'll check it out

Well then there's the problem.
    You'd have the same issue if a CW with a perfect vorpal choked you then one shotted you with their ice knife.
    edited August 2013
    Well then there's the problem.
    You'd have the same issue if a CW with a perfect vorpal choked you then one shotted you with their ice knife.

ice knife is easily dodged though ;p plus you can actually pop impossible to catch during most if not all of cw's cc's, that is not the case for gf sadly :/