test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update Regarding Nightmare Lockbox

Comments

• Options
    jefferjeffersonjefferjefferson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Inb4 mods merge this with the sticky so they don't have to hear anymore player feedback on the issue.
    Curse of the Sorceress: NW-DL35CQ9ET Eligible for Daily Foundry! (Approx. 50 min adventure to defeat the evil Sorceress)

Dodgeball: NW-DR9U49EM6 (Approx. 15 min dodgeball tournament against ranged enemies)

Farming Fiesta: NW-DJL23IH7G (Approx. 30-45 min map for farming items and experience)
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also I noticed there are still people with MULTIPLE 99x enchants on the AH.
    That's ONE person with 5-6 x99 enchants auctions up.
    Pathetic.
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    drnmager wrote: »
    Thank you for making yourself look like a complete idiot lol. Probably one of the duds who dipped into mommy's purse to make a ton of ad. As for it being a "bug". They knew about it on the test servers for a very long time and did nothing to fix it. It was absolutely intended and they ruined an absolute gold mine they had their hands on

Looooool have fun being mad over what amounts to a skin for your horse. Just remember to wild each it lol that meets their naked when you do.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    diazotgdiazotg Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's not the mount issue. It is the clearly greedy and cavalier approach PW/Cryptic is taking overall.

I don't begrudge them making money but when you do it through unethical means I won't spend my money to make them rich. Every person makes that choice for themselves. It's a free market. I am not asking anyone else to close their wallets. All I am saying is they won't be getting anymore of my money. They need to understand why. I get the feeling though I am not the only one who won't spend anymore on this product. I am not saying I won't play, I'll just play it for free.
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, it was promptly fixed AFTER they made money and AFTER nightmare mounts are everywhere you turn in the enclave making the NEW mounts in the new boxes the rare ones, thus hopefully ensuring they make more sales with them. Why else, other than pure greed, was it not fixed promptly BEFORE it went live when they had ample time to do so with plenty of warning from testers.

I checked the AH on dragon and they're 500,000 now.
  • Options
    drnmagerdrnmager Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looooool have fun being mad over what amounts to a skin for your horse. Just remember to wild each it lol that meets their naked when you do

did that actually make sense to you when you were typing it? some crazy **** if it did. LEARN TO ENGLISH
  • Options
    danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Inb4 mods merge this with the sticky so they don't have to hear anymore player feedback on the issue.

They just made the poll sticky...
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    The price is not changing as the exploiters are in no rush selling their items, since Cryptics just reassured them "enjoy it"... not because there aren't a lot of mounts out there...

I don't believe that for a second. I could imagine people holding back in case of rollbacks, but not now they have been given the all clear.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    I don't believe that for a second. I could imagine people holding back in case of rollbacks, but not now they have been given the all clear.

Lol dude, if you have 10 Nightmare mounts, will you put them all on the market so that each of them will sell at 2/3 of the price? Use your brain, dude...
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lol dude, if you have 10 Nightmare mounts, will you put them all on the market so that each of them will sell at 2/3 of the price? Use your brain, dude...

This is correct. They just got loads of nearly free epic mounts. If everyone rushed to sell, the price would drop like a rock. They want to milk it for all this epic fail is worth, of course.
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmm, all this is telling me is that I should start reading the bug reports forum regularly to 'win' more often... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    This is correct. They just got loads of nearly free epic mounts. If everyone rushed to sell, the price would drop like a rock. They want to milk it for all this epic fail is worth, of course.

A lot of people are very irrational and will dump. But the smarter ones (no, not me, was at work at the time and don't do this kind of thing anyway) will hold them and slip one into the market every week or so for max profit.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    A lot of people are very irrational and will dump. But the smarter ones (no, not me, was at work at the time and don't do this kind of thing anyway) will hold them and slip one into the market every week or so for max profit.

yeah, the only reason to dump is to avoid being tracked down by the devs... now that they are safe... everyone's milking...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I would hope that people would just not buy the ill gotten mounts, but we all know that won't happen.
  • Options
    drnmagerdrnmager Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey, I am just telling you guys what Charles Barkley told me. Nothin more, nothin less

amen brother
  • Options
    axahazanaxahazan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How is this an exploit? It appears to have been a bug that no one could have anticipated. Im sure people out there abused it but to demand a banhammer for something that is too 'up in the air' like this is stupid.

Plus, who cares about the horse let them have a stupid horse... there may be many better reasons to dislike the game...
    Edit: I believe this was anticipated as it appeared on test server? Anyway, point still stands.
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    NB4pollremo-******!
  • Options
    shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    So my wife and I both played this game.. have about 100 coins saved up to give an idea.

Between our accounts we have spent over 500 dollars on this game.. we were big spenders.
    We spent a lot on keys to get ourselves nightmare mounts.. This was something special and felt cool because they were so hard to get.

Now seeing the handling of things today. People opening 20 or 30 or more boxes and getting mountains of AD for using an exploit. This makes me upset because I had to put in a lot of work, time, and money to get just 2 of these things. This cheapens my experience completely.

So myself, my wife, and my guild are moving on to another game today.. Downloading the new client in the background right now :)

You may think "Who cares.. cryptic already has your money lol!" but thats not how it works.... We were consistent big spenders. Any future income from me is now lost. You lost the worst customer you could with me cryptic.. You lost a big spender. Not just me but also the 20 something people in my guild who all were disgusted with your choice to support exploiters.
    And my last quip: there is nothing i want in your new content that isnt absurdly costed anyway...weapon skin for 1000 tarmalune(lolz what a joke@players) and companion upgrade for 750k ad(another joke@ players).
    So the jokes on you cryptic...way to alienate your paying customers.

And please stop lying about your user base. There are not 2mill active users.. id be surprised if there were 10 thousand. I was starting to memorize all the players names even lol.
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    axahazan wrote: »
    How is this an exploit? It appears to have been a bug that no one could have anticipated. Im sure people out there abused it but to demand a banhammer for something that is too 'up in the air' like this is stupid.

Plus, who cares about the horse let them have a stupid horse... there may be many better reasons to dislike the game...
    Edit: I believe this was anticipated as it appeared on test server? Anyway, point still stands.

This bug had been reported already it was not out of the blue.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    axahazan wrote: »

It was a known issue reported in the test server forums. Exploiters were aware and saved up keys to exploit it on launch.
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Yeah right. People said the same thing about the Cats that were apparently stashed away till it was safe. Haven't see those either :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    to sink the ship, before leaving the game, try to spread the word on facebook/twitter, coz a lot of ppl still aren't aware of this.

On the first day of its long waited module 1, Cryptics' Neverwinter Online witnessed a huge wave of exploit which allows a precious epic item to be obtained at 1/20 of its original market cost, a bug that has been reported on its own test server 6 days prior to the launch, but received no attention from the devs. After the incident, Cryptics did not perform any rollbacks and expressed no intention of taking any sort of measures against the exploiters, neither are they willing to track down the exploited epic items.

Let's post it guys...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So my wife and I both played this game.. have about 100 coins saved up to give an idea.

Between our accounts we have spent over 500 dollars on this game.. we were big spenders.
    We spent a lot on keys to get ourselves nightmare mounts.. This was something special and felt cool because they were so hard to get.

Now seeing the handling of things today. People opening 20 or 30 or more boxes and getting mountains of AD for using an exploit. This makes me upset because I had to put in a lot of work, time, and money to get just 2 of these things. This cheapens my experience completely.

So myself, my wife, and my guild are moving on to another game today.. Downloading the new client in the background right now :)

You may think "Who cares.. cryptic already has your money lol!" but thats not how it works.... We were consistent big spenders. Any future income from me is now lost. You lost the worst customer you could with me cryptic.. You lost a big spender. Not just me but also the 20 something people in my guild who all were disgusted with your choice to support exploiters.
    And my last quip: there is nothing i want in your new content that isnt absurdly costed anyway...weapon skin for 1000 tarmalune(lolz what a joke@players) and companion upgrade for 750k ad(another joke@ players).

And please stop lying about your user base. There are not 2mill active users.. id be surprised if there were 10 thousand. I was starting to memorize all the players names even lol.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    Yeah right. People said the same thing about the Cats that were apparently stashed away till it was safe. Haven't see those either :rolleyes:
    They're smart enough not to flood the market all at once.
  • Options
    s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I nice big Go **** yourselves to the people that paid for things illegitimately and got no return. This says only one thing to people that have spent money in trust the PWE respect's there player base and there own ToS.
    Hi all,

During a brief period of time after Fury of the Feywild was live, the success rate for getting the elusive Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount was higher than expected and we were glad to see some lucky players be rewarded. From this point on, we do not plan on performing any rollbacks and we've made the necessary adjustments going forward. If you received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount during this time, enjoy it!

Sincerely,
    Pin

10. User Conduct

You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.
    Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

• (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    • (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,

I'm posting this everywhere
    to sink the ship, before leaving the game, try to spread the word on facebook/twitter, coz a lot of ppl still aren't aware of this.

On the first day of its long waited module 1, Cryptics' Neverwinter Online witnessed a huge wave of exploit which allows a precious epic item to be obtained at 1/20 of its original market cost, a bug that has been reported on its own test server 6 days prior to the launch, but received no attention from the devs. After the incident, Cryptics did not perform any rollbacks and expressed no intention of taking any sort of measures against the exploiters, neither are they willing to track down the exploited epic items.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    korgullte wrote: »
    This bug had been reported already it was not out of the blue.

^ this was the impression I was under as well.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    dray42dray42 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »

Hopefully they'll learn but I highly doubt it.

I've only been playing for a month or so, but I'd already spent over $100 on this game. I really don't mind dropping that kind of money on games that aren't "play to win", and this one really isn't. League of Legends has also seen a good chunk of money from me, and repeatedly see it, the same way Cryptic could have.

Instead, I'll move on to a sub game and save myself some cash.

Bye Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dray42 wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll learn but I highly doubt it.

I've only been playing for a month or so, but I'd already spent over $100 on this game. I really don't mind dropping that kind of money on games that aren't "play to win", and this one really isn't. League of Legends has also seen a good chunk of money from me, and repeatedly see it, the same way Cryptic could have.

Instead, I'll move on to a sub game and save myself some cash.

Bye Cryptic.

amen brother... LOL gets my money regularly... cryptic will get nothing but sour remarks from me now. if I can do anything about it none of my friends including my mountain of facebook friends will never touch this dung heap of a game. the devs gave is a big middle finger today.
  • Options
    aznp33nrocketaznp33nrocket Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOL! It's a good thing they just announced that they have a dedicated team for exploits, bugs, etc.. Those of us who have given them tons of money get screwed, while exploiters get rewarded. That's fine, FFXIV comes out in a few days. Countless people have been lingering on Neverwinter waiting for the next MMO. Just a matter of time before we all get tired of their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and move on. I know I have.. If FFXIV doesn't impress me or whatnot, theres plenty of other MMO's coming out that I'll give a try, but Neverwinter is seriously lacking when it comes to fixing its exploits. They only focus on getting you to buy Zen by releasing new mounts, dyes, costumes, and crappy companions every couple of weeks. I've spent hundreds of dollars on this Free to Play game and I'm ashamed of myself. Waste of money.
  • Options
    flitser87flitser87 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOL! It's a good thing they just announced that they have a dedicated team for exploits, bugs, etc.. Those of us who have given them tons of money get screwed, while exploiters get rewarded. That's fine, FFXIV comes out in a few days. Countless people have been lingering on Neverwinter waiting for the next MMO. Just a matter of time before we all get tired of their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and move on. I know I have.. If FFXIV doesn't impress me or whatnot, theres plenty of other MMO's coming out that I'll give a try, but Neverwinter is seriously lacking when it comes to fixing its exploits. They only focus on getting you to buy Zen by releasing new mounts, dyes, costumes, and crappy companions every couple of weeks. I've spent hundreds of dollars on this Free to Play game and I'm ashamed of myself. Waste of money.

me to, purchased hero of the north pack and some micro transactions. I regret it big time.
    They won't receive another cent from me.
This discussion has been closed.