Install Arc
Options

Zen Shop Pricing Feedback Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    samuraim0samuraim0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 87
    edited July 2013
    I think, the should decrease the prices of the zen items by at least 30% for perm and for temporarily items 40 a 50%
    This will give more people with less to spend too consider buying something instead of going "Nope to expensive" and not spend a dime on the game.
    It will be better for the game to have a larger source of income.

Seriously why is there no GM or something like that looking at this thread and using this feedback?
    This topic has allot of good arguments on how to improve the Zen market.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    More posts removed, restating:

Moderator Notice:

. . . . .
    The poster gave their opinion. There is no reason to go into philosophical and societal debates and discussions, or even conspiracy theories. If you think it is overpriced, give your opinion. If you think it is right on track, give your opinion. If you think it is under-priced, give your opinion. There is no need to pick apart people's opinions and create off topic discussions about philosophical and societal opinions. This is not a thread to complain about one's opinion of the state of the game either. Also, insults to the developers will not be tolerated just like they aren't towards users.

These such off topic/insulting posts
    have been moved to the Lower Depths. Stay on topic please and Read the Rules. Thanks!

Clarification:
    Please do feel free to give your opinions on whether you do feel the Zen Shop is Overpriced or Not, and/or What Changes you may like to see in Relation to the Zen Shop/Pricing, and/or other opinions that would Help the Game Grow and Get Better In Relation to the Zen Shop/Pricing.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The thing that puzzles me. I would have gladly paid 20.00 dollars if the companion had been account wide. The Hero of the North promotion currently allows any of my alts, no matter how many I create to have a starter kit complete with spider mount. Even with their most newest promotion. It says that you will have this on every toon.

So why not make this for any item bought on the Zen Store. If they didn't charge to respec talent points or for more bag space. I would have likely bought more from Zen Store. Yet, I believe people are more aware they are being charged when they spend 5.00 dollars to respec talent points. Then they would be, if that wasn't the case. It just feels like, we're being dimed and nickle. Many of us already paid a generous 200 into the game.

Solutions:

1. Anything bought on the Zen Store, make it account wide on all of your alts.
    2. Remove price to respec

They will always make more money, they could easily create a new zen store companion and we would pay for that one, and the next when it came out. Just my personal thought, when you start charging for something most people use for free or for little in game points. People will spend less. Maybe not in short term, but in long term growth of game might not be great.
  • Options
    oldbuggaoldbugga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fully agree that the cost of respec'ing is exhorbitant. The game has little guidance on character setup and, as such, respec'ing is a vital part of character development.

It should NOT cost the equivalent of $3-$5 in real currency to change your spec everytime....it is a form of "taxation" that actually penalises those who actually need the most encouragement to experiment with class builds.
    The older I get....the better I was
  • Options
    everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited July 2013
    I am sure the reason many things are not account wide. The big one is that you could exploit it buy creating some sham characters, unbind the purchased item and then sell them on the AH. Create another character, rinse and repeat. Of course you could make all these items character bound, but that would be a big change and is counter-productive to making money, as they want to make more money not less. They know many people will make at least 1 alt and that is another chance to sell you a different mount.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I am sure the reason many things are not account wide. The big one is that you could exploit it buy creating some sham characters, unbind the purchased item and then sell them on the AH. Create another character, rinse and repeat. Of course you could make all these items character bound, but that would be a big change and is counter-productive to making money, as they want to make more money not less. They know many people will make at least 1 alt and that is another chance to sell you a different mount.

I understand you're concern. However if what you said, was true. Hero of the North members would have made a ton of diamonds. Every time, I create a new toon. No matter if its level 1. I get the items in the mail(spider mount, adventure package etc) to my knowledge I can't sell the spider on the item.

Keep in mind its a very fast mount. I would make a ton of money. Already automatically things that are account wide are already bound to the account. You are suggesting that, you wouldn't be able to buy a certain item on the Zen store and sell it.

People majority of them, sell enchanted keys. Greater bags of holdings are selling for 500k on the AH. I am under the impression, many people would welcome the change to only sell enchanted keys. That's really only big item sold on the zen store.

It would be a chance to make things account bound expection for enchanted keys. However at the same time. If you create 5 alts, buy bags over and over for each of them. Is that really worth it, so you can buy bags and sell them for diamonds on the AH
  • Options
    hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not remotely true. I earned my seed money from skirmishes, dailies, Leadership, and selling some crafted items, but you can buy things and sell up without being max level (I still don't have a 60 either) or ever having set foot in an epic dungeon. Research, math, patience. Start small and work your way up. And it's not going to work if you're not willing to put some time into browsing to learn what sells at what prices.

Those two really big red words? I'm pretty sure I went to great lengths to explain (in the post you quoted from) that I absolutely hate and will not do those activities. But you did remind me of the other activity that does not require farming for me to generate AD. Leadership. Which is the only profession I've taken the time to advance, therefore ruling out selling crafted items.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hobokenboy wrote: »
    Those two really big red words? I'm pretty sure I went to great lengths to explain (in the post you quoted from) that I absolutely hate and will not do those activities. But you did remind me of the other activity that does not require farming for me to generate AD. Leadership. Which is the only profession I've taken the time to advance, therefore ruling out selling crafted items.

Seed money... not a long-term financial plan. Earn it how you will, but I started with a few hundred thousand ADs distributed across a few characters and it's now quite hard to judge what I've turned that into because it's largely invested in things like blue crafting dudes and bags of holding.

The point was, you don't need to be running epic dungeons or be level 60 to play around with the auction house. Incidentally, my gaming habits now are to do each skirmish once as it unlocks on the two characters where I've been trying to get all the achievements, and I stopped doing dailies because of overlevelling issues. I accept them and leave them in the journal to come back to someday... like I fulfilled the objectives for a number of old Foundry dailies while playing this past weekend, just because I happened to be playing Foundries that qualified. Anyway, these sources contribute very little to current game income, though I fully admit that they were a pretty big help in getting started.

Also, if you've got this list of all various options for ways built into the game you can earn ADs, and you rule all of them out because you don't like doing them (fair enough) or couldn't be bothered (also fair enough)... not sure how justified it is to complain about not earning ADs. It's not really the game's fault that you personally dislike most of the options.

Don't forget to invoke, unless you also hate that. You can earn some ADs that way every day, with diminishing returns but I think 3 times before you're cut off and will just get XP and a blessing (and sometimes a potion). Not 100% sure because I mostly don't invoke more than once per day again because of overlevelling issues.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Seed money... not a long-term financial plan. Earn it how you will, but I started with a few hundred thousand ADs distributed across a few characters and it's now quite hard to judge what I've turned that into because it's largely invested in things like blue crafting dudes and bags of holding.

The point was, you don't need to be running epic dungeons or be level 60 to play around with the auction house. Incidentally, my gaming habits now are to do each skirmish once as it unlocks on the two characters where I've been trying to get all the achievements, and I stopped doing dailies because of overlevelling issues. I accept them and leave them in the journal to come back to someday... like I fulfilled the objectives for a number of old Foundry dailies while playing this past weekend, just because I happened to be playing Foundries that qualified. Anyway, these sources contribute very little to current game income, though I fully admit that they were a pretty big help in getting started.

Also, if you've got this list of all various options for ways built into the game you can earn ADs, and you rule all of them out because you don't like doing them (fair enough) or couldn't be bothered (also fair enough)... not sure how justified it is to complain about not earning ADs. It's not really the game's fault that you personally dislike most of the options.

Don't forget to invoke, unless you also hate that. You can earn some ADs that way every day, with diminishing returns but I think 3 times before you're cut off and will just get XP and a blessing (and sometimes a potion). Not 100% sure because I mostly don't invoke more than once per day again because of overlevelling issues.

You dont know how the zenstore works or this games F2P or any F2P game system works
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As it stands now, there is a good selection of items at the upper end of the pricing structure. What is lacking is a good selection of items at the lower end of the spectrum. All we have are keys and a few dye kits/bottles.

Why not allow people to buy individual pieces of common clothes for like 100 Zen? How about being able to buy only 1 bottle of dye for like 25-50 Zen? How about a 100 Zen profession pack, or a 100 Zen 2-piece "Mystery Dye" set? How about some smaller bags - like a 6-slot bag for 150-200 Zen?

Heck, while we're at it, how about some account-wide bags or bank slots?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You dont know how the zenstore works or this games F2P or any F2P game system works

No, probably not. I know to buy low and sell high though.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    35 $ for a mount, 2 days of farm to buy full t2 set in AH. Nonsense :D
  • Options
    dracoviangoddracoviangod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree that the items being sold are way overpriced for the value you get from your dollar. In no way am I paying upwards to 30+ dollars for a mount or a vanity item . Especially if some of the items are single purchase only. I'm sure you have seen them.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Prices are mostly OK for account-wide items, or items that do not bind (mounts, or profession packs/keys).

What I do not like is the price on companions. It's not really about the price, but it's about companions being single-character, BoE items that can be easily wasted once you stop playing with a character (or delete it). They can become a perfect waste of money.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Closing for necro.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.