test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

gold seller spamming

bijikbijik Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The game is dramatic losing my interest if i have to look at those in chat.

i know i can ignore them, but their is a new shorth after, so what is the point then, i can use half my game time ignoring bots, not fun.

And now we talk spamming, people in general begin more and more spam same line 4 times in row so its harder to actual use the chat window for anything for all other.

My point of interest for chat window is to watch for a good trade etc. since i interest alot for the crafting.

You need fix spamming.

maybe make it so if you write 2 line to fast you get a lockout time before you can chat in /zone again.

maybe make it so you need register a credit card to account, and ban the credit card and account, if its a gold seller.

maybe you has to be level 40 or something that takes many hour before you can talk in /zone.

i dont know but something is needed or you lose it.
Post edited by bijik on

Comments

• Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    A separate channel for all the trades you like to look out for would be a start.
  • Options
    fefeenahfefeenah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    A separate channel for all the trades you like to look out for would be a start.
    Yup. You can't avoid this in any game, it's kind of the nature of the beast. I use my social tab and turn off zone chat.
  • Options
    bijikbijik Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You could in lineage 1, you hat to be level 40 or somthing before you could talk public and that took like a month or more to be.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Very few people ever move to the trade channel in my experience. Gold Sellers will continue to flood zone and even if people all move to trade, they will go there as well.

Like fefeenah, I just turn off zone on all my chars.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unfortunately, in a game of bots, exploiters and gold-sellers, your average player is considered second-best.

They could fix this if they wanted to.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's a gold-selling bot puking all over the Moonstone Mask subforum right now.

I already used the forum report feature, so it'll get banned when someone is online to notice... but you're not even safe here. dun dun dun
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    They could fix this if they wanted to.

Is that even possible in NW? :rolleyes:
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Gold Sellers in this game is getting ridiculous they keep spamming chat i have never reported so many in the last 24 hours and the dumbest part about these people is that they use There web site name for there char name and its not hard to find them.

WTSG***.com is the worst one out of them all.Any body that you guys see selling gold report them this is ridiculous you would figure that cryptic would implant the same system as they do in sto.

Cryptic needs to start banning these people It disrupts the chat box.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes I keep reporting them too. But given how many issues have been reported for ages and never fixed it is clear that Cryptic has no-one dedicated to looking at these things.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This particular gold seller OP had named is always a stripped female dancing near somewhere concentrated, like the main entrance from anywhere to Protector's Enclave.

At least guys and lesbians will have some eye candy.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    timmbeer wrote: »
    This particular gold seller OP had named is always a stripped female dancing near somewhere concentrated, like the main entrance from anywhere to Protector's Enclave.

At least guys and lesbians will have some eye candy.

I guess if Virtual pixels are your kinda thing.
  • Options
    vakos7vakos7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The truth is that if no one would buy it from them, they will dissapear in the same way they came ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I guess if Virtual pixels are your kinda thing.

What is your problem!
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What is your problem!

There is a lot of things wrong with me, but it would be off topic for this thread and this forum.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    There is a lot of things wrong with me, but it would be off topic for this thread and this forum.

Clearly. Being unable to properly construct even a simple sentence would seem to be one of them... ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Clearly. Being unable to properly construct even a simple sentence would seem to be one of them... ;)

Ahhh you got me, I kept reading it over and over and knew something was wrong. Oh well +1 internets for you.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ahhh you got me, I kept reading it over and over and knew something was wrong. Oh well +1 internets for you.

Actually you are the one who gets a +1 for being such a good sport...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Actually you are the one who gets a +1 for being such a good sport...

How about we both get a +1 and we can actually agree on something for once.

Anyways I think gold sellers are one of the hardest things to combat, I mean look at WoW it has been out for years now and still has a massive gold seller problem.
  • Options
    gentoo1972gentoo1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vakos7 wrote: »
    The truth is that if no one would buy it from them, they will dissapear in the same way they came ;)

What he said..
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gentoo1972 wrote: »
    What he said..

People always want more for their money. Despite the obvious risks(mostly hacking or being scammed) they are clearly a) making ****tones of money and b) utterly unconcerned about bans.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    gentoo1972gentoo1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    People always want more for their money. Despite the obvious risks(mostly hacking or being scammed) they are clearly a) making ****tones of money and b) utterly unconcerned about bans.

Indeed, i remember the Gold seller spam during Beta they advertised about 10 bucks for a million AD. Now it's around 25 i think was the last one i seen.. People are buying, demand goes up the price goes up.

The users create and keep the gold sellers in business then come to the forums to complain about the spam.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have never went to a gold seller never i make my own way it is not that hard to make energy credits or Gold or AD in these games you just have to look is all.In STO i built a ship that cost me 200million EC and it is still not complete i mainly did a bunch of selling and trading same thing here.

I have all ways reported Gold sellers all the time 90% of my ignore list is nothing but gold sellers.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Good to know that a lot of things IS wrong with you, fb.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    xcom43 wrote: »
    I have never went to a gold seller never i make my own way it is not that hard to make energy credits or Gold or AD in these games you just have to look is all.In STO i built a ship that cost me 200million EC and it is still not complete i mainly did a bunch of selling and trading same thing here.

I have all ways reported Gold sellers all the time 90% of my ignore list is nothing but gold sellers.

Frankly speaking, there is nothing any disgruntled gamer, me, you, anyone, can do anything to these gold sellers in-game, save a report. Other gamers will support them, and only the game companies can try to tackle these gold sellers.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    bren1226bren1226 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wow...there's not even a tenth of the spam now as there was a month and a half ago....
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bren1226 wrote: »
    wow...there's not even a tenth of the spam now as there was a month and a half ago....

not even a tenth of the spam of gold sellers?
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    bren1226bren1226 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    not even a tenth of the spam of gold sellers?

dunno, but i remember them constantly spamming the chat, nonstop. don't see it much anymore. maybe it's just me...
  • Options
    mikex79xmikex79x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    stripped female???, wth???
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bren1226 wrote: »
    dunno, but i remember them constantly spamming the chat, nonstop. don't see it much anymore. maybe it's just me...

They are probably intelligent now, plus they can name their characters with websites like www(dot)***gold(dot)comand stand in somewhere prominent for everyone to see. So even if they are muted, everyone can still see the character's name.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mikex79x wrote: »
    stripped female???, wth???

Yes. Just zone in from anywhere to Protector's Enclave. You may be greeted by one called www(dot)***gold(dot)com dancing just for you. No kidding.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
This discussion has been closed.