Install Arc
Options

A Question Thread.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    grom5674grom5674 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Ah.. thanks for the heads up on the token Sock! Why the heck didn't they just say that? Why call it a token.. getting ya looking all through your inventory and not finding anything? Why not just say, oh I don't know... "we turned on the Respec button on all accounts. It now gives one free respec."????? Like I say... little in the way of explainations.....

What's the preview server?? One more thing that you only know about if you were here for the Beta runs I guess. To tell ya the truth... It seems like this company wants me to work way too hard to just play and enjoy their game. I think I'll stick with the lower levels for now... that seems to be not only where the fun is, but also where things make sense.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nevermind, seems I responded before you found the respec button. Glad you at least got it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    No worries, Sockmunkey, you have sure been a bright light and very helpful and understanding member of these forums, for that I thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, I went and talked to Sgt. Knox today.... noticed something... His voice has changed! Not sure if he has a cold or what. LOL
    Also noticed that the convo for the How to Enchant quest is really the convo for going to see the PvP guy.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Just a few things I noticed with the new content. First off... Finally there is a auto fill to signing on to these forums! WooHoo!! Thanks tons for that!

Next, I'm at a loss as to what the heck I'm supposed to do with all these low level enchanment stones I've gathered over the months playing here... I've got 10 reagents and one has to be used every time I try to upgrade. What the heck?? I know there are a lot of other threads about the new system.. but so far none have mentioned a lack of choice on using the reagents.... Why can't I just leave off the reagent and take my chances on the upgrade??? Then I could save my reagents for higher level upgrades.

Lastly (at least for now) I got the quest to find the artifacts and sent my toughest guy in to see how it worked. It was as I feared... Another area where ya have to be a maxed out level and armor wise char or ya can't play... I'm getting bored with this game cartering only to the power-gamer. I went in there and ran into 3 monsters of a type I had just handled, maybe not easily, but was able to handle them. These three I couldn't even hurt! It was worse then the road block monster in that silly wolf's den place. I'd pound on them.. healing like mad.. get one to half damage and the flipping thing would heal full up. Plain silly... can't get past too many places in this game. The only fun places are the lower level areas... and it seems the makers don't want you playing there for more then a few hours... If ya don't max to 60 in your first week... you just are not wanted as a player.

Fine... I think I'll take the hint.. move all my good stuff to one char, trash the rest and start over with low levels, at least that part of the game can be played for fun.....
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Use the low rank stones for points to refine your highest rank ones. You don't need to do staged upgrades 1 to 2 to 3 to 4. You can dump all the 1s into a 4 for points, and use the right reagents to upgrade that 4 to a 5, and then dump all your little ones into that 5, and make it into a 6, etc. I suspect you're thinking you still need to upgrade everything to use it, but you don't.

As for the artifact quest, I did it with a level 29 rogue using a cleric companion last night. The encounters are pretty tough, and the locked platforms make it very difficult to kite effectively, but the lowbie rogue had an easier time than my level 59 wizard (pretty much highest scale of monsters but not able to wear epic gear).

One trick is that with some of the spawns you can skirt the platform edges and try to avoid aggroing everything at once. Kill the weaker enemies fast so they're not there to pick away at your health while you're focusing the tougher ones. The undead and devil encounters spawn more enemies midway, but the golem and fire elemental ones don't. Manage your dodges. If you can avoid an attack without using a dodge, save your dodge. Most big attacks are telegraphed, even if there is no red zone. If something is swinging its giant sword back to hit you, get out of the way. Those attack animations lock the enemy into place. Get behind it and attack, even if all you can do is hit it with an at-will once or twice, and keep moving.

Were you on the undead platform when you got stuck? The initial two skeletons are no big deal. The battle wight does a red circle attack that will suck your life and heal it, so if you see it starting to do that attack, MOVE. That platform will also pop two skeleton archers and a zombie hulk, also no big deal because the archers have low health and the hulk is slow. Again, it telegraphs when it's going to try to knock you down, so you need to not be standing there.

Learning what kind of attacks different monsters perform will help you... a lot.

If you answer the lich's question correctly - read the lore outside the barrow - you don't have to fight on the final platform.

If all else fails, try to find someone of similar level who would also like help finishing the quest and pair up. The difficulty does not scale for groups.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the advice Becky. I might take my Rogue in there and see what happens. I was stuck on the first platform, I was not even able to kill one Skeleton, I'm guessing that if your Wizard had a tough go of it at 59th level, none of my other chars will stand a chance.

Doesn't really matter though, I solo and since none of my chars can get past that Wolfs Den, I don't need upper level stuff. I'll just keep remaking guys and trying new builds.
  • Options
    armagawrdarmagawrd Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Okay, a quick question cause not being able to do this is totally completely doing my nut in. How do I type in a different channel? The looking for group channel for example..

edit; seriously I'm not even able to send a pm to anybody.. Whats the secret trick in this game? :s
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Wish I could help ya armagawrd, I've not figured that out as of yet either. There are a few channel's that say they are for folks that don't like cheating, I thought I'd try to join them once... Asked them how to talk to them to get more info and maybe join. Never got my question answered. **shurgs** I gave up trying to figure out how to do half the hidden stuff in this game... I just now play solo and stay in the lower ranks. My stress level has gone down, if nothing else! LOL
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I send tells by clicking the person's name. There's a chat command for it but I basically can't be bothered remembering them. Clicking the name has become annoying because the menu now loads "invite to group" above "send message", but I hope it will be changed back. You can reply to the last message sent by hitting backspace.

Looking for group is /lfg. You can also select a channel to type into by clicking beside your text box in the chat window. Doesn't require remembering any commands whatsoever.

How to talk to the legit community is... well, probably by joining their channel and talking to them, which the first post in their thread tells you how to do.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?517081-NW_Legit_Community-celebrates-over-400-members!
    It's a chat channel. It's for talking. And if you don't like it, you can turn it off.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks Becky, I'll pop out and see if I can get that to work.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    armagawrd wrote: »
    Okay, a quick question cause not being able to do this is totally completely doing my nut in. How do I type in a different channel? The looking for group channel for example..

edit; seriously I'm not even able to send a pm to anybody.. Whats the secret trick in this game? :s

You type /c channel_name.

I tend to create binds for the channels I chat into often, like:

/bind numpad7 "startchatwith /c NW_Legit_Community "
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    You type /c channel_name.

I tend to create binds for the channels I chat into often, like:

/bind numpad7 "startchatwith /c NW_Legit_Community "

If the channel doesn't have a space in the name you can actually use /channel_name instead of /c channel_name.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    If the channel doesn't have a space in the name you can actually use /channel_name instead of /c channel_name.

That's good to know. Thanks!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    nater1983nater1983 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Heylo,

I am 30 years old and a very very experienced gamer. MMO's and rpg's are my thing, I usually dominate most everything I play. I have ran with top guilds in games like Everquest I&II, WoW, Guild Wars, SW:TOR, etc. etc. downing end-game content like it was my job. But anyways enough of stroking my own ego. ;). I am wondering if this game is worth sinking my time into I recently got a code for a couple starter packs and I have 1 Million Astral diamonds and like 1k Zen unused from Blacklight. I figure maybe it would be worth my time until another MMO releases (ESO, E: Next, etc.). I would also be looking for a end-game raid guild that gets stuff done and has the achievements to prove so. I am available most all the time and you can email me at << email address removed >> to inquiry about joining your guild. Also could someone please let me know a few things about the game.

1. How is the end-game content? Is it challenging at all? fun? please be specific.

2. how is pvp? class balance ?

3. what makes this game stand out to you? and why?

4. anything else that you think i should know.

I really appreciate anyone and everuone that takes the time to help me out with this. I tend to put alot of thought into starting a new game because I usually go hard when i do play a MMO/ RPG.

Thanks,
    Nate
    rawr.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I'm a die hard supporter of the game. I personally think its fun, even if it can still use a little more polish.

That said, I don't honestly think you'll enjoy this game. Cryptic games tend to be more casual friendly. There isn't much here to satisfy hard core power gamers. This is not a game one dominates, its more a place one comes to, to relax and burn away a few hours.

There are no end game raids, only 5 person epic dungeons. I honestly don't expect there to ever be anything more then this. The dungeons can be difficult and challenging, but not a replacement for raiding.

PVP is either well balanced or horribly out of whack, depending on who you ask. I personally feel its fine. It was never designed for perfect balance, but for a rock, paper, scissors approach. You will not be able to beat every class as every class. This is team centric PVP not 1v1.

The one legit complaint about PVP is gear imbalance. The well geared will dominate the under geared. And getting well geared is either an insane grind or a massive ton of real cash. In PVE its not much of an issue, one can do well with moderate gear. But PVP is a different matter.

For me, the game stands out because of the addictive combat system. The feel and pace of the combat is wonderful. But Im also a fan of its casual nature. I can log on for an hour and still get stuff done. I can toy around with professions and crafting without even logging on. I can enjoy the game and do well without having to be one of the super elite.
  • Options
    tigerdraketigerdrake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are the servers divided up into EU and US servers? I'm on my account but my friends are all US players, we're all in dragon server, but i can never find them
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    There is only one set of servers, or shard. Everyone is on Dragon. If you cant find your friends, it is most likely because you are all in different instances.

You can see what instance you are in by clicking on the blue icon in the upper right of your mini map. You can also do this from the main map screen. The interface will show what instance you are in, the population of all the various instances, and what instances have friends or guild members in them. Any greyed out instances are full and are unable to accept new transfers.

The game will try to keep members of a party in the same zone. So the best thing you can do is to group up before you zone so you wont all get scattered.