What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Celebration of Lliira Event in Neverwinter

Comments

• Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are we able to use other fireworks and party poppers or just the ones from this event?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    taartantaartan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another fail event made to distract people from the real problems this game has. How about a fix for all the botting,spamming,hacking and other exploits in this game.
  • Options
    derangedheroderangedhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    So you guys ripped a mask from Champions Online, brought the model to Neverwinter Online, and called it new.

I don't really mind seeing things from other Cryptic games appear in Neverwinter. :)
    In fact, I would be super happy if we had more things ported over, like hairstyles, sit emotes, appropriately magic/fantasy styled costumes...

And if we get new-new stuff on top of that, with content releases like Gauntlgrym or the upcoming Fury of the Feywild, that'll be awesome! ;)
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I don't really mind seeing things from other Cryptic games appear in Neverwinter. :)
    In fact, I would be super happy if we had more things ported over, like hairstyles, sit emotes, appropriately magic/fantasy styled costumes...

And if we get new-new stuff on top of that, with content releases like Gauntlgrym or the upcoming Fury of the Feywild, that'll be awesome! ;)

They've already used a ton. We wouldn't mind it if they brought more fashion items in from CO, but bringing something into a game like this from CO and then calling it 'New' is fishy business.
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    They've already used a ton. We wouldn't mind it if they brought more fashion items in from CO, but bringing something into a game like this from CO and then calling it 'New' is fishy business.

I am pretty sure in order to use an asset in nw they would need to add a new entry to the database and then enter a bunch of data... unless of course the data was already left over from them reusing CO code. I guess Cryptic should not call Neverwinter a new game because it re-uses code from CO and STO?
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Kewl! I'll have to log in to find out what's up :)
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    I am pretty sure in order to use an asset in nw they would need to add a new entry to the database and then enter a bunch of data... unless of course the data was already left over from them reusing CO code. I guess Cryptic should not call Neverwinter a new game because it re-uses code from CO and STO?

Partially yes, partially no. We've never played STO but we have played Champions Online and this game is quite a lot like CO in many aspects. That said, it also does a few things differently and the setting is obviously fairly vastly different (even though they're both based on tabletop P&P games)

The issue we have here is their constant use of 'short-cuts' to avoid giving us anything actually new. It's very lazy and reeks of poor business practices. Not that it's really a surprise coming from Cryptic or PWE.

And before you say we're just one of those people who are too hard on them, we used to until very recently, vehemently defend them. However seeing their business ethic from Champions Online carry over to Neverwinter has more or less ruined all faith we had in them as a company. Whereas we thought it was a situation of circumstance now, it seems to be more a rule for the company in general.

Poor work ethic, half a@#ing everything, and taking nearly a month to answer a single ticket just to say 'we're not going to help'.

Seems pretty appalling for any corporation as big as this.
  • Options
    tenderheartownsutenderheartownsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can you earn double the diamonds, from the gateway, or do you have to collect the reward from the task, in game?
  • Options
    dannyrijks05dannyrijks05 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so it's going to come back up at 10 a.m?
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited July 2013
    The event begins in just 12 minutes from this post. Log in soon and enjoy the Celebration of Lliira Event in Neverwinter!
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What HORRIBLE colours for the dye pack.. ewwww
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    addict2kaddict2k Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well event but you did kill the server to much lagg server not responding it much much worst than before
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    What HORRIBLE colours for the dye pack.. ewwww

Aaand now you know why they're free. Never expect them to give you something actually decent or non-buggy/glitch ridden for free.
  • Options
    addict2kaddict2k Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    what about the lagg and server not responding cant do annything in game fix it or better close the game to fix errors take your time close it and fix it
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    taartan wrote: »
    Another fail event made to distract people from the real problems this game has. How about a fix for all the botting,spamming,hacking and other exploits in this game.
    They're working on fixes.
    Nice little event. And we get easy access to free dyes.
    I wasn't expecting any kind of event, so, it's great to receive some fun items for no effort.
    Good job, devs!!

Closing the game isn't going to help them fix those errors.
    So, might as well leave it open for players who wish to muddle through.
  • Options
    gnominiongnominion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    I think a lot of the Masks look cool and unique but unless you want a wedding dress, stripper clothes or a potato sack the mask just clashes. You have a eye patch but you cant sport it with your current armor. There should be an option to show Fashion Helm inplace of current Armor Helm

It would be nice to show a mask with armor so long as the face is not covered by a helm
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well look on the bright side , at least if late 70s era Elton John ever hosts a concert in Protectors enclave we not only have the incredibly camp mask but we can also dye our clothes drab late 70s colors too , yay for us!
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    i like the dye
  • Options
    souldmsouldm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sounds pretty cool can't wait thx :D:cool:
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Whats with the people getting this small pony riding guy pic in their avatar now?

Also dye is the only ok thing... that mask would look <removed derogative word use> on a thiefling.
    Too bad you cant chosoe which color goes where -_-
    The main color blue... on a already blue mage armor booo.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    Whats with the people getting this small pony riding guy pic in their avatar now?

people use my pony as avatar?
    where?
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    that mask would look <removed derogative word use> on a thiefling.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that. :-p
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Awesome. This is just the type of events I hoped to see in Neverwinter, ones based off of Forgotten Realms lore. Looking forward to seeing more like this for the other Realms' festivals and celebrations.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And i hope "events" like this are saved for real special occasions. The ones that happen like once a year.
    *shoots fireworks*
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    zorboczorboc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im in the protectors enclave but cant find the even....I AM BLIND, please help.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I think the Disciple of Lliira is over near the prayer area.
    Same place as the Mako's Assistant for the last event.
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm sorry but i do not seem intreseted in this, But i would if something like this happens again, But not right a way as it's a new game.
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm sorry but i do not seem intreseted in this, But i would if something like this happens again, But not right a way as it's a new game.

Wait , so your saying that because it's a fairly recently released game that it shouldn't have in game events? O_o why exactly is that? I can't seem to think of a reason myself . Every MMO I have ever played has had in game events to celebrate real world holidays such as Christmas , valentines day , mothers day , independence day etc etc , events make MMO's much more fun.
  • Options
    jishinkaminarijishinkaminari Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can anyone post something dyed with these colours, please?
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I personally like it but this is the only thing i've dyed so far

newdye.png
    21.jpg
This discussion has been closed.