test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's time to stop selling founders packs

Comments

• johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ^ Again, reason. Fresh air. Thank you.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They can keep selling these packs for all I care, Im still not buying one.
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    ^ Again, reason. Fresh air. Thank you.

I thought you were leaving this discussion, per your last post? Liar!
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    And sorry to not stroke your ego, but Im leaving this discussion (with you) as it doesn't seem to be very constructive or rewarding for either of us, but mostly a pissing contest that just resort to petty insults. Or you can prove my point by continuing with this behavior of trying to bait me. Your call :)

Seems like I have to repeat myself one last time here. Sorry about that.
    "I'm leaving this discussion (with you)..."
  • snorgelhopsnorgelhop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bought the $200 founder pack, although I don't use the titles. If I knew that I could purchase the other goodies later I would have waited until later to see if my friends continued playing (they didn't). I think it's dishonest to pull out the "limited time offer" song and dance when really, the only thing that was limited was a silly founder tag in game and forum.

Yeah.. I got hosed. In total I've handed over $300, but I'm trying to be positive about it and think about a lesson I learned. The lesson being that it's their world, their rules, and unfortunately their interpretation of ethics. I guess it could've been worse.
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    Pretty sleazy if you ask me. Why not change some pixels and offer a different package?

Heck if they did that they might even get founders to drop another $200 for it. Who knows.

At least, that way they could still make money AND be honest.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow more angst and teeth gnashing over nothing....you know right now you can't access any of the packs by going to the main page you have to physically type in the URL. I heard that a new set of packs were incoming anyway they will probably change them out then.

Now return to your doomcrying. :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow more angst and teeth gnashing over nothing....you know right now you can't access any of the packs by going to the main page you have to physically type in the URL. I heard that a new set of packs were incoming anyway they will probably change them out then.

Now return to your doomcrying. :rolleyes:
    where did you "hear" of this mighty space wizard
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The OP is confused...
    zzhylaw wrote: »
    ...we were helping to fund NW...

If that TRULY was one of your motives, then you wouldn't care what they do with the packs or if they rename them or not. If you truly cared about funding Neverwinter, then you'd want them to continue making more money. It's obvious you care more about the exclusivity reasons behind why you purchased it and are now not quite as exclusive anymore. Tough. That's marketing for you. I hope you learn your lesson next time: "exclusive" is a marketing term often abused. It doesn't matter how many times companies actually stick to that term and use it correctly. It has been abused in the past with MMOs and will be abused in the future. Nothing you can say on these forums will change that.

That said, I agree with what you want done, just not for the same reasons.
    chai23 wrote: »
    The fact that other companies engage in that type of behavior doesnt make it correct. In fact, some customers of this company likely had bad experiences with the same exact behavior with another company, which is why they do not like seeing that behavior here. It is likely that this behavior added into the reason why some customers no longer play those other games in the first place.

True. It's not ethically correct. But that also doesn't magically stop them from abusing it. It does give us some incentive to complain about it though, that's fine.

As for those who've been in the MMO scene for a while who are also falling for the marketing in F2P MMOs, I beg the question "haven't you learned your lesson yet"?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
    edited June 2013
    where did you "hear" of this mighty space wizard

Please no need to be so formal... you can call me Wiz Module one is coming out, and there has been talk about new packs in a few of the google hangouts I have been in, some of the participants had worked on Forsaken world for a bit...nothing concrete but it makes sense when you think about it...hey then you can cry about how Cryptic is ripping us off over that!
  • backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bought a hero of the north pack mostly because I thought the spider art looked awesome. I was under the impression it would go away/be unavailable after launch along with the panther.

For some reason I assumed the drow, being a race, would eventually be available to all.

Kind of annoyed t hy is not the case, im a sucker for specialty item :) and they are no longer that. No ill will going forwatd though, they got my money and it will go towards the game, thats all good. However, I will absolutely not be buying anymore "specialty" items as I now know they will not be limited. Just a my money, my preference type thing though.
    Saved!
  • sgtmoody85sgtmoody85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I am not surprised they they are still selling them it does seem a little annoying that all they did was remove the "founder" from the name and removed the founder title. What they should have done was change the rewards some. for example change the mount so that all the Founders have unique mounts to distinguish ourselves.
    edited June 2013
    Oh and just a FYI my daughter just told me she tried to buy a HoN pack last night and the buy now button is greyed out so it seems you can't still buy them.
    edited June 2013
    sgtmoody85 wrote: »
    While I am not surprised they they are still selling them it does seem a little annoying that all they did was remove the "founder" from the name and removed the founder title. What they should have done was change the rewards some. for example change the mount so that all the Founders have unique mounts to distinguish ourselves.

Ultimately what they should have done was release a new, but similar pack for $200 and $60 without the founder pack items. Comparable stuff, but different, such as no spider mount or drow exiles, but other cool things. But nope, they didn't. Now the rage on the forums is there because of it.
    Oh and just a FYI my daughter just told me she tried to buy a HoN pack last night and the buy now button is greyed out so it seems you can't still buy them.

Incorrect. You can still buy them: http://nw.perfectworld.com/neverwinterpack. The process works for me right now, even though I didn't do the final click to buy.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited June 2013
    Ultimately what they should have done was release a new, but similar pack for $200 and $60 without the founder pack items. Comparable stuff, but different, such as no spider mount or drow exiles, but other cool things. But nope, they didn't. Now the rage on the forums is there because of it.

Incorrect. You can still buy them: http://nw.perfectworld.com/neverwinterpack. The process works for me right now, even though I didn't do the final click to buy.

That's odd on IE explorer it won't let you click on Chrome and Firefox I can....weird. Still if they were really pushing them you would think you could access the packs from the main page. I still say they haven't got around to changing them over besides the game has been live..what a week now? I have seen CE's stay available for at least a month on other MMO's.
    edited June 2013
    That's odd on IE explorer it won't let you click on Chrome and Firefox I can....weird. Still if they were really pushing them you would think you could access the packs from the main page. I still say they haven't got around to changing them over besides the game has been live..what a week now? I have seen CE's stay available for at least a month on other MMO's.

Ah, that might be why. Yeah, I use Firefox by default. I have Chrome installed too (do web development). Looks like they all work for me...
    • Firefox 20.0.1 works.
    • Chrome 27 works.
    • IE 9 works.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited June 2013
    Ah, that might be why. Yeah, I use Firefox by default. I have Chrome installed too (do web development). Looks like they all work for me...
    • Firefox 20.0.1 works.
    • Chrome 27 works.
    • IE 9 works.

Figging bizarre...I need to recheck my browsers maybe clear the cache...good news is my daughter is now picking up her HoN pack..glad I checked.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If an account that has already purchased a pack is logged in on a particular browser, the option to buy again is not available.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    PWE claimed the Founder's Pack contained exclusive items that were available only for a limited time, called the Founder's Program, that would end (that date kept changing), and after said date these Founder Packs would no longer be available for sale.

Simply removing the title 'Founder' is not sufficient to satisfy the earlier claims of exclusive and limited availability of in-game items. The title 'Founder' is not an in-game item. PWE used deceptive marketing.

No one would have paid $200 or $60 for the title 'Founder'. People were not supposed to be able to purchase the in-game items, such as Spider mounts, or Dire Wolves, or the special Drow race, ever again once the Founder program ended. If PWE had said, "These packs will always be available, but if you get them before Live Launch Day you will get a 'Founder' title" that statement would have been 100% honest, and I would not have bought my $60 Founder pack.

I would have played the game more, seen that it was not worth spending $60 on, and never purchased a pack. When I bought my pack on May 6th, 2013, this very website had a banner text ad on top of every page which read, "Founder's Program ends May 9th". That date was the 100% reason I bought the pack with the Dire Wolf on May 6th. If it had said, "Buy a pack now to get the Founder title; Dire Wolf will always be available for purchase" I would not have bought one.

That same week the date was changed to May 30th. Later in May the date was changed to 'soon'. Then any reference to the Founder Program ever ending was removed entirely. Now the Founder Packs and all the in-game items they contain are available in perpetuity. Therefore, PWE advertising and selling these in-game item packs as exclusive and limited availability was false advertising.

PWE is a company of liars and crooks.

Quoted for truth.
    edited June 2013
    Figging bizarre...I need to recheck my browsers maybe clear the cache...good news is my daughter is now picking up her HoN pack..glad I checked.

Yup, something is getting messed up. Oh well, grats on finally getting it. :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They could have, for instance, offered new packs that required almost no work on the developers' part. For instance, let's say they offered a $100 pack that gave you a recolor of the spider and something like a blue-quality white wolf pet, plus, say 500K ADs and some other tidbits thrown in.

They could then offer a $50 pack that contained a R2 recolor of the armored horse, a green quality cleric companion, like 100K ADs + some other odds and ends.

To include the same spider or horse mounts that founders got is not right IMO.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    They could have, for instance, offered new packs that required almost no work on the developers' part. For instance, let's say they offered a $100 pack that gave you a recolor of the spider and something like a blue-quality white wolf pet, plus, say 500K ADs and some other tidbits thrown in.

They could then offer a $50 pack that contained a R2 recolor of the armored horse, a green quality cleric companion, like 100K ADs + some other odds and ends.

To include the same spider or horse mounts that founders got is not right IMO.

Why? How does it adversely effect you?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why? How does it adversely effect you?

Do you live in a little bubble where your only concern is things that personally affect you? Things like unethical behavior or going back on one's promises don't bother you at all?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Do you live in a little bubble where your only concern is things that personally affect you? Things like unethical behavior or going back on one's promises don't bother you at all?

When it doesnt effect me at all in any part of my life then no it doesnt bother me. Why should I get my jimmies all rustled over something I wont be able to change?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys, keep the name calling out of the posts. Calling people "Cryptic fanbois" or "doomsayers" is never constructive and leads to flaming.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How does one buy a 'pack'? I would like to get one for a gift

There is no way to purchase the packs as gifts. I looked into that when they were still "exclusive" and thought that I had a limited amount of time before it was no longer available.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When it doesnt effect me at all in any part of my life then no it doesnt bother me. Why should I get my jimmies all rustled over something I wont be able to change?

because That tends to be exactly why unethical business practices or unethical government practices get going. Nobody bothers to get off their *** and oppose them, so they becomne the new norm.
    edited June 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    because That tends to be exactly why unethical business practices or unethical government practices get going. Nobody bothers to get off their *** and oppose them, so they becomne the new norm.

Do you really think a company is going to be like " Oh people are complaining that the things we are selling are too similar, lets stop selling them" No. It has been this way for years. A gaming forum isnt going to change that.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This thread is simple..

Its wrong on the founders who purchased these packs
    &
    Right for those who didnt get one but want one now..

As some people have stated it wouldve been hella easy to jostle those packs into something else and sell those and everybody wouldve been happy.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do you really think a company is going to be like " Oh people are complaining that the things we are selling are too similar, lets stop selling them" No. It has been this way for years. A gaming forum isnt going to change that.

No, but people not opening their wallet to every single new offer that uses the word "free" or "exclusive" will change that. These habits of not opening ones wallet for such things come at the expense of having done so before and having the buzzword in the agreement not adhered to. Fool me once and all that fun stuff...

Also take into account your "companies have been doing this for years" statement - you see, many people are here hoping this new game doesnt start utilizing the bad habbits from other games that they stopped playing, in part because those other games "have been doing this for years".

People are not saying that they are selling things that are too similar, they are saying that they sold "limited time only" exclusive items that are no longer exclusive or limited time only.
This discussion has been closed.