test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's time to stop selling founders packs

1235»

Comments

• kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    You recall when Bioware had that bad ending to Mass Effect 3. A player complained to FTC (Federal Trade Commission) over it. They also collecting hundreds of signature, a facebook page all devoted to getting them to expand the ending. After months of this, it finally worked.

I wouldn't under estimate gamers who have a ton of time on their hands and who are passionate about what they play. On a secondary note. I wish I screen shoted when it said it would end this day, then end this day. We assumed they were being truthful.

While in the short term, they may gain extra cash from this. Its going hurt them in long time, the next time they say limited time on anything, are we supposed to trust them.

Well Im in then if that is what it takes. Its just wrong to behave this way. And I agree it's so short sighted to waste your company's reputation for a comparatively small amount of extra money. They might regret this decision when they want to sell something else to a public that no longer trusts them.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    No news yet on this, from the Devs or PW? 13 pages here - a bigger thread exist aswell, but they dont come "down here" to talk for... weeks and weeks...?
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am not going to read 13 pages of people crying over virtual exclusivity. What I would suggest to cryptic, to make this easier to swallow for the people who feel slighted is to change up more than taking away the founder title.

for example

The mount should be changed to a choice from the 5 gold mounts skins, but with 110% speed. that way the spider stays exclusive to founders.
    The title should be dropped as it is now. Founder should be treated as an honor.
    The forum title should be changed if it is not already. From hero of the north to something else. The forum tag should be an honor for those who bought early.

Just a few things to differentiate. I am not opposed to exclusivity for founders, but asking a company to stop a successful monetization vehicle will never go anywhere.
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    No news yet on this, from the Devs or PW? 13 pages here - a bigger thread exist aswell, but they dont come "down here" to talk for... weeks and weeks...?

I hope you are being paid well to keep this thread from dying (as it should have weeks ago).
    edited July 2013
    ratrail wrote: »
    I hope you are being paid well to keep this thread from dying (as it should have weeks ago).

Aw, cute, you try to troll in both threads without contributing anything of any value whatsoever to this thread. I could of course switch around and change some words in that little sentence of yours to make it quite fitting to a choice your mother, working in some sort of profession, should have made years ago, but I'm behaving today. <3
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Aw, cute, you try to troll in both threads without contributing anything of any value whatsoever to this thread. I could of course switch around and change some words in that little sentence of yours to make it quite fitting to a choice your mother, working in some sort of profession, should have made years ago, but I'm behaving today. <3

It's not trolling to point out that you're pathetic for working way too hard to keep threads alive that no one cares about (as shown by the fact that no one posted on this thread for almost two weeks before you brought it back to life).
    edited July 2013
    It's not trolling to point out that you're pathetic for working way too hard to keep threads alive that no one cares about (as shown by the fact that no one posted on this thread for almost two weeks before you brought it back to life).

I suppose the comedy in you actually keeping the thread alive yourself, while calling me names for doing this, is completely lost on you? And you find writing a few sentences is "way too hard work"? God, school must've been brutal for you....
    Run along now, and dont forget your knee- and elbow pads and the nice helmet we got you.
    edited July 2013
    I suppose the comedy in you actually keeping the thread alive yourself, while calling me names for doing this, is completely lost on you? And you find writing a few sentences is "way too hard work"? God, school must've been brutal for you....
    Run along now, and dont forget your knee- and elbow pads and the nice helmet we got you.

Facts don't seem to stop you from your mission to stir up drama over non-issues. (As I said before, I hope you are at least being paid with as hard as you are working to keep both of these threads alive.)
  • ruprect1ruprect1 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    Facts don't seem to stop you from your mission to stir up drama over non-issues. (As I said before, I hope you are at least being paid with as hard as you are working to keep both of these threads alive.)

I dont blame him for keeping it alive. I have never seen such a blatant money grab in a game lol. They know this game is terrible and are trying to salvage as much as they can before it fails. I would be pissed too if I spent $200 on this game for nothing.
    edited July 2013

A non-issue to you, you mean. For some it is an issue. Still posts in the other founder pack thread, and this one - right above mine here - so it's still an issue, even more so with the Feywild packs. And it's not hard work, I usually just respond to people talking to me, like you do, or add thoughts occasionally to what someone else wrote. I do believe this is common practice on forums.

So, while writing a few sentences is hard word for you, and you keep engaging me about bumping a thread or two, wich is exactly what you're doing, with me deflecting, you claim Im the one who stirs up drama.
    If you dont see the comedy in that... I give up. But feel free to PM me if you want to continue this silliness - that way you actually engage me in a discussion, without creating drama or bumping a thread you want dead because it doesn't concern you? That would be the reasonable and intelligent, not to mention mature, thing to do, no? Unless you have something to prove openly, maybe show off, or show up, or maybe have a deep rooted need to e-flex?

I leave the response, and final proof, to you. :)
    edited July 2013
    A non-issue to you, you mean. For some it is an issue. Still posts in the other founder pack thread, and this one - right above mine here - so it's still an issue, even more so with the Feywild packs.

I leave the response, and final proof, to you. :)

If people (other than you) actually care, then why did you have to necro a thread that hadn't been posted on in over a week? There's all the "proof" you need that this is a non-issue.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It is an issue. An issue of trust.

They say one thing then do another.

How long before they lose all credibility?
    edited July 2013
    "
    So, while writing a few sentences is hard word for you, and you keep engaging me about bumping a thread or two, wich is exactly what you're doing, with me deflecting, you claim Im the one who stirs up drama.
    If you dont see the comedy in that... I give up. But feel free to PM me if you want to continue this silliness - that way you actually engage me in a discussion, without creating drama or bumping a thread you want dead because it doesn't concern you? That would be the reasonable and intelligent, not to mention mature, thing to do, no? Unless you have something to prove openly, maybe show off, or show up, or maybe have a deep rooted need to e-flex?
    I leave the response, and final proof, to you."
    If people (other than you) actually care, then why did you have to necro a thread that hadn't been posted on in over a week? There's all the "proof" you need that this is a non-issue.

Not that necroing means "over a week" but more like "in a month or more", but.... Thank you for proving my point. You truly are a... yeah. (actually hard to stop laughing here :P )
    edited July 2013
    Not that necroing means "over a week" but more like "in a month or more", but.... Thank you for proving my point. You truly are a... yeah. (actually hard to stop laughing here :P )

Can't debate the fact that you're the only one who cared to keep this thread alive after it was dead for over a week so you result to insults....Nice!
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    It is an issue. An issue of trust.

They say one thing then do another.

How long before they lose all credibility?

Exactly, wich is something -alot- of people here have rallied for, agreeing with. 26 pages in another thread. Posts on Neverwinter FB and Twitter brushed off. No official response -still-. Yet they continue to market new packs, like the Feywild one. The more people who know about this, less people get ripped off or tricked, and the longer Cryptic/PWE continues this the more of a negative effect on the game some people like, or love, wich concerns alot of people, directly or indirectly.

ratrail claims I should get paid for writing in these threads, but to me he looks more and more like a mole by the Devs :P
  • ruprect1ruprect1 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    Exactly, wich is something -alot- of people here have rallied for, agreeing with. 26 pages in another thread. Posts on Neverwinter FB and Twitter brushed off. No official response -still-. Yet they continue to market new packs, like the Feywild one. The more people who know about this, less people get ripped off or tricked, and the longer Cryptic/PWE continues this the more of a negative effect on the game some people like, or love, wich concerns alot of people, directly or indirectly.

ratrail claims I should get paid for writing in these threads, but to me he looks more and more like a mole by the Devs :P

I didnt even buy one of those packs but have bought similar things in other games, or were given stuff for buying in early that was not available to others after the launch. I would be irate about what they did if I had spent that much money on a pack like that and it was available to everyone long after it was supposed to be.
    edited July 2013
    Can't debate the fact that you're the only one who cared to keep this thread alive after it was dead for over a week so you result to insults....Nice!

I have debated why I care, and argued against you, while you have failed, and stumbled and fallen time and time again. Scroll back if you want to. :P
    You see, when someone out of the blue calls me pathetic for voicing a concern alot of people have cared about, and people still care about (as evident in the threads or ingame chats).... and then accuse me for being the one to "result to insults"... I find myself abit amused, I can't help it. Especially in the light of our semi-chat up to this point, wich has only proved my points over and over, and me actually trying to move it to PMs where no drama will be caused and you wont bump the thread that according to you was "dead" after... a week.... and I "necroed" it... wich generally means a month or more.
    So since you just had to continue to run into the same wall, Im gonna repeat myself, with an added bonus;
    If you want to continue this silliness, feel free to PM (private message) me, because Im getting tired of feeding you, troll.
    I wish you all the best <3

EDIT; Feel free to note the other people who've contributed since you wrote, agreeing with the thread's argument. Or keep flailing away. Up to you. /hugsies
    edited July 2013
    I have debated why I care, and argued against you, while you have failed, and stumbled and fallen time and time again. Scroll back if you want to. :P
    You see, when someone out of the blue calls me pathetic for voicing a concern alot of people have cared about, and people still care about (as evident in the threads or ingame chats).... and then accuse me for being the one to "result to insults"... I find myself abit amused, I can't help it. Especially in the light of our semi-chat up to this point, wich has only proved my points over and over, and me actually trying to move it to PMs where no drama will be caused and you wont bump the thread that according to you was "dead" after... a week.... and I "necroed" it... wich generally means a month or more.
    So since you just had to continue to run into the same wall, Im gonna repeat myself, with an added bonus;
    If you want to continue this silliness, feel free to PM (private message) me, because Im getting tired of feeding you, troll.
    I wish you all the best <3

And, when you can't defend the fact that you're the only one who cared to discuss this topic on these forums for over a week (which means that very few people actually care, contrary to what you say), then you must resort to bringing up a bunch of other stuff that doesn't address what I'm talking about.

How about we keep this on topic and you explain to me how these two things are compatible: 1) A significant amount of people are upset over the continued selling of "packs" and 2) two threads on this issue went over a week without anyone posting in them? I'm guessing your reply won't answer this questions, so there is no logical way to explain this.
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wouldn't say that I don't care...but, considering the "please discuss this in the forums" response I got from CS and the fact that there really hasn't been any legitimate response to this issue from Cryptic/PWE, it's plain to see what went on here and what will probably continue to go on here.

I get the feeling that those of us who cared about this issue stopped either caring about it, stopped caring about the game altogether enough to post more about this specific issue (overall apathy), or stopped caring about the game altogether whether this issue happened or not and just moved on like my friends and their guilds have. Heck, even I just log in for profs & prayers then log out.

If Johnfell wants to continue carrying the torch, then fine by me. This board is already rife with pedantry in almost every section so a little more in the hopes that some positive change will happen doesn't phase me one bit.
    edited July 2013
    And, when you can't defend the fact that you're the only one who cared to discuss this topic on these forums for over a week (which means that very few people actually care, contrary to what you say), then you must resort to bringing up a bunch of other stuff that doesn't address what I'm talking about.

How about we keep this on topic and you explain to me how these two things are compatible: 1) A significant amount of people are upset over the continued selling of "packs" and 2) two threads on this issue went over a week without anyone posting in them? I'm guessing your reply won't answer this questions, so there is no logical way to explain this.

God, I'm so weak, but I cannot let a troll run free when Im bored.... so fine, I'll bite.

Now, disregarding everything Ive said to counter what you've said so far, I'll, once again, for your benefit, start anew, and for a final time. Alright? Final time. That means the last time. No more. If you want to make a fool of yourself and derail the thread anymore, do it with someone else - I'd rather you PM me, eventho you basically admitted you were a glutton for punishment and need the e-peen flexing of open forum trolling.

I defend the first accusation by first reminding you that just because a thread is unbumped for a week means little, especially on a forum so full of fresh, new or duplicated, often whine, threads each day, wich in turn pushes a whole bunch of threads back a page or two in short time, wich naturally leads to them not being seen by people logging into the General Forum, unless they browse pages. This has happened to countless threads, that have been added to (in your words necroed) after a week or two, when someone either found the thread again, or was looking to see if it was updated since last they checked, or someone actively looking for info regarding the subject. Again, a week is not "dead", and to "necro" a thread is generally when a thread has been dead for months, and/or no longer relevant, epecially if newer and active threads exist. (See RoC)
    Secondly this thread, and the other of it's kind, are not new, but have been added to continously, even if days go by without a post, people have still cared, just like they have with other threads. One could say it is in the nature of a thread discussing a problem that has been present for some time, and/or hasn't yet been solved.
    Thirdly people have added to the threaded several times this day alone, besides you and me, and they have expressed arguments opposing yours; they appearently find this thread meaningful, and the concern valid, eventhough you don't. Hence, the thread is still relevant.
    Lastly; I wrote in this thread because I care about this, and the game, and because the subject in question is yet again relevant since the Devs are once more selling Packs of similar kind, wich directly links to the threads purpose, making it valid - even if it was made anew or "necroed", it matters little. What matters is the relevance of the thread, wich stands undisputed, as it promotes the possibility of change and spreading information to the playerbase and customers.

I asked you repeatedly to keep it on topic and not resort to trolling or derailing, instead of simply PM'ing me, yet you now demand this of me, despite the fact that I've tried to debate this with you? Alright. In case you didn't comprehend what I wrote above, I'll answer your last question.

1 and 2 are compatible because of the reasons listed above, but to repeat them, in short;
    These 2 threads were started when the scam/trickery of the Founders Packs became appearent, alot of people contributed to these two threads, with valid concerns and arguments, but after awhile they were pushed some pages back from the front of the Forum, so fewer saw them, maybe some forgot to check every thread they posted in, wich is very very very common with almost any thread, no matter how important (wich is why people Sticky guides and News etc). A thread being pushed back by influx of new daily threads does not diminish it's value, obviously. And there are other reasons of simple neglect; maybe some lost faith in change, maybe some had already said their piece, maybe some quit playing for awhile, maybe people didnt see it anymore, new forumgoers missing it, endless list of reasons.
    I happened to have them on saved tabs (out of like 100 of various nature) on firefox, so I checked in and added since the same subject (Packs for IRL cash) were once again being sold by the Devs, and it became even more relevant once again - wich is proven by the simple fact that people has since written (against you) here, and commented on it in other threads, all over the forum - but this thread is made for this discussion.

I don't have to defend that I care about something; this forum is made to discuss things people care about. I cared, so I wrote. Others have shown they care (including the thread founders), and now people, wich just as much right to write as you, shown they still do - contrary to what YOU say. The evidence is right in front of you.

I don't know your definition of logic, or how exactly how you feel debates or arguments work, but I've tried to be nice and patient with you now, and hopefully you understand my, and maybe others, point of view a little bit better.
    If you still don't, well, there's really no need for you to continue to derail this thread, is there? If all you want to contribute is arguing with me on why I wrote in two threads, then we have done this, and you can PM me if you're still confused by something.

Have a nice day.

EDIT;

To synfoola; Im not so much carrying the torch, Im afraid, was mostly checking in, planned to say my piece and see what others thought, until a certain someone just wouldnt let go. But I do hope people wise up regarding this, and that atleast some change comes from all of this, be it in the game or in the players knowledge.
    edited July 2013
    God, I'm so weak, but I cannot let a troll run free when Im bored.... so fine, I'll bite.

Now, disregarding everything Ive said to counter what you've said so far, I'll, once again, for your benefit, start anew, and for a final time. Alright? Final time. That means the last time. No more. If you want to make a fool of yourself and derail the thread anymore, do it with someone else - I'd rather you PM me, eventho you basically admitted you were a glutton for punishment and need the e-peen flexing of open forum trolling.

I defend the first accusation by first reminding you that just because a thread is unbumped for a week means little, especially on a forum so full of fresh, new or duplicated, often whine, threads each day, wich in turn pushes a whole bunch of threads back a page or two in short time, wich naturally leads to them not being seen by people logging into the General Forum, unless they browse pages. This has happened to countless threads, that have been added to (in your words necroed) after a week or two, when someone either found the thread again, or was looking to see if it was updated since last they checked, or someone actively looking for info regarding the subject. Again, a week is not "dead", and to "necro" a thread is generally when a thread has been dead for months, and/or no longer relevant, epecially if newer and active threads exist. (See RoC)
    Secondly this thread, and the other of it's kind, are not new, but have been added to continously, even if days go by without a post, people have still cared, just like they have with other threads. One could say it is in the nature of a thread discussing a problem that has been present for some time, and/or hasn't yet been solved.
    Thirdly people have added to the threaded several times this day alone, besides you and me, and they have expressed arguments opposing yours; they appearently find this thread meaningful, and the concern valid, eventhough you don't. Hence, the thread is still relevant.
    Lastly; I wrote in this thread because I care about this, and the game, and because the subject in question is yet again relevant since the Devs are once more selling Packs of similar kind, wich directly links to the threads purpose, making it valid - even if it was made anew or "necroed", it matters little. What matters is the relevance of the thread, wich stands undisputed, as it promotes the possibility of change and spreading information to the playerbase and customers.

I asked you repeatedly to keep it on topic and not resort to trolling or derailing, instead of simply PM'ing me, yet you now demand this of me, despite the fact that I've tried to debate this with you? Alright. In case you didn't comprehend what I wrote above, I'll answer your last question.

1 and 2 are compatible because of the reasons listed above, but to repeat them, in short;
    These 2 threads were started when the scam/trickery of the Founders Packs became appearent, alot of people contributed to these two threads, with valid concerns and arguments, but after awhile they were pushed some pages back from the front of the Forum, so fewer saw them, maybe some forgot to check every thread they posted in, wich is very very very common with almost any thread, no matter how important (wich is why people Sticky guides and News etc). A thread being pushed back by influx of new daily threads does not diminish it's value, obviously. And there are other reasons of simple neglect; maybe some lost faith in change, maybe some had already said their peace, maybe people didnt see it anymore, new forumgoers missing it, endless list of reasons.
    I happened to have them on saved tabs (out of like 100) on firefox, so I checked in and added since the same subject (packs for irl cash) were once again being sold by the Devs, and it became even more relevant once again - wich is proven by the simple fact that people has since written (against you) here.

I don't have to defend that I care about something; this forum is made to discuss things people care about. I cared, so I wrote. Others have shown they care (including the thread founders), and now people, wich just as much right to write as you, shown they still do - contrary to what YOU say. The evidence is right in front of you.

I don't know your definition of logic, or how exactly how you feel debates or arguments work, but I've tried to be nice and patient with you now, and hopefully you understand my, and maybe others, point of view a little bit better.
    If you still don't, well, there's really no need for you to continue to derail this thread, is there? If all you want to contribute is arguing with me on why I wrote in two threads, then we have done this, and you can PM me if you're still confused by something.

Have a nice day.

Wow, that's a lot of text. You getting paid by the word now? I hope so because you just made a good bit of money if you are.
    edited July 2013
    Wow, that's a lot of text. You getting paid by the word now. I hope so because you just made a good bit of money if you are.

Or I was bored, you amused me, or I was trying to rise above. Regardless you just showed that you are a simple troll, openly and without a doubt, wich makes your posts utterly irrelevant. Thank you. Bye bye.
    edited July 2013
    Or I was bored, you amused me, or I was trying to rise above. Regardless you just showed that you are a simple troll, openly and without a doubt, wich makes your posts utterly irrelevant. Thank you. Bye bye.

Take it easy dude. I'll talk to you in a week or two once you bring this thread back to life (once it dies again).
This discussion has been closed.