test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's time to stop selling founders packs

zzhylawzzhylaw Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The game has now launched, its time to remove the founders packs. Your not "founding" anything at this point. It's rather insulting to people who purchased them already with the understanding that these were time sensitive purchases and we were helping to fund NW as well as getting stuff.
Post edited by zzhylaw on

Comments

• kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well I think they did... If I am not mistaken, Neverwinter packs are different than founder packs.
  • zzhylawzzhylaw Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I think they did... If I am not mistaken, Neverwinter packs are different than founder packs.

..uhh yeah I just checked they are still selling them. Swapping the word "founder" with "pack" doesn't magically make it different. The prices are the same and the goods are the same, drow, panther, spider, 2million AD, am I missing something?
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zzhylaw wrote: »
    ..uhh yeah I just checked they are still selling them. Swapping the word "founder" with "pack" doesn't magically make it different. The prices are the same and the goods are the same, drow, panther, spider, 2million AD, am I missing something?

Yea I don't think they get the founder tag.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    (It doesn't have the in-game Founder title anymore.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game has now launched, its time to remove the founders packs. Your not "founding" anything at this point. It's rather insulting to people who purchased them already with the understanding that these were time sensitive purchases and we were helping to fund NW as well as getting stuff.

This isn't your choice to make.
  • elilusoeliluso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    (It doesn't have the in-game Founder title anymore.)

Yes, but i cant buy it because i have already the Founder.
    So when it is different why cant i buy it ??
    edited June 2013
    eliluso wrote: »
    Yes, but i cant buy it because i have already the Founder.
    So when it is different why cant i buy it ??

I suspect you can't because you already have everything that is in it, and more.
  • misgolasmisgolas Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013

PXwb5jv.gif

maybe ill get one in 3 weeks... i'll just put a tiny tiny amount away each week!
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013

bring a lot of money to their pocket, why stop? :D
  • toolac1toolac1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From a business stand point and lets face that what this is, it makes perfect sense to continue selling these items in some form. They took time and money to create and if demand remains than why not continue to sell? Those who bought the packs based on a prescribed exclusivity have already purchased, by removing the founders title they have honored their original statement in word at least if not in spirit.
    "There is no cow level"
  • konidragoskonidragos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see them offer a staggered payment for the top pack - I know of a few people who cannot afford a lump payment, but would be happy to pay over a few months. No problems with more people getting the rewards if they are paid for - if these exclusive rewards were given away for nothing I might have an issue :)
  • jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    I agree that it is wrong to still sell the packs - people bought them partly based on promises that sales would be stopping so that items like the mounts and pets would become more and more distinct and unusual over time.

They should be changing things around to sell packages with comparable but not identical items if they need to sell essentially the same packages forever and can't come up with different ideas.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They should continue to sell the packs for another 4-6 weeks, then remove those packs and come out with new ones. As long as the new packs offer a different selection of items/bonuses it is a reasonable way for the game to make money. But I agree that they should not continue to sell the current packs for too much longer, keeping some things "rare" will serve the game well in the long run.
  • hellfireaxishellfireaxis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think that would be very fair just to give people enough time to save up that last bit of money so that they are able to buy the pack and after that if you didn't get it that's your own fault.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?373371-Founders-pack-are-now-Neverwinter-Packs/page11
    11 page thread, people have asked on Twitter and FB and only gotten a brush off.

They marketed these Founder Packs as exclusive and said, numerous times, that they were time sensitive, even urging us to "Buy while you can!" with talk of all the exclusive items, regarding Founders.
    They revoke that, lied, and started re-selling them, without a little title and name change, to clear their backs of legal issues (false advertisement etc.)

People as customers have a right to be upset when lied to and tricked, the fans that helped fund this project got slapped in the face (whether some didn't think it painful or not).

No way to spin this to make Cryptic/PW look fair, but greedy and untrustworthy.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's ok to sell the founders packs , more money for the company better game more crying on the forums D:
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    It's ok to sell the founders packs , more money for the company better game more crying on the forums D:

Please, never breed.
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?373371-Founders-pack-are-now-Neverwinter-Packs/page11
    11 page thread, people have asked on Twitter and FB and only gotten a brush off.

They marketed these Founder Packs as exclusive and said, numerous times, that they were time sensitive, even urging us to "Buy while you can!" with talk of all the exclusive items, regarding Founders.
    They revoke that, lied, and started re-selling them, without a little title and name change, to clear their backs of legal issues (false advertisement etc.)

People as customers have a right to be upset when lied to and tricked, the fans that helped fund this project got slapped in the face (whether some didn't think it painful or not).

No way to spin this to make Cryptic/PW look fair, but greedy and untrustworthy.

People exercise their right to be upset, endlessly, over the tiniest things these days. The Founders packs were exclusive and time sensitive. Now they simply have a similar new offer, that will change once Drow are available to all. Those upset over PW finding a way to continue offering players a way to contribute substantially to the game with a single purchase will have to find a new way to feel especially special if they don't feel especially special enough anymore.
  • arcadianqueenarcadianqueen Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How does one buy a 'pack'? I would like to get one for a gift
  • toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the jimmies are rustled

but honestly, theyre a company and they first and foremost goal is to make money

why would they remove an item that made them a substantial amount?
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    People exercise their right to be upset, endlessly, over the tiniest things these days. The Founders packs were exclusive and time sensitive. Now they simply have a similar new offer, that will change once Drow are available to all. Those upset over PW finding a way to continue offering players a way to contribute substantially to the game with a single purchase will have to find a new way to feel especially special if they don't feel especially special enough anymore.

I'm surprised that anyone truly expected the packs to be exclusive to such an extent. For one, it can be expected that at least some, if not all features of the pack would eventually be available in some other form (whether by free expansion or by individual purchase).

Item shop marketing in MMOs isn't that different from RL marketing in some ways. "Limited edition" items usually offer extras you can get elsewhere or are simply cosmetically different from the standard editions; urgent call-to-action sales are often relaunched the following season or even the following week, but with a different item focus; and once in a while, the promotion truly is unique (or at the very least very rare).

Will they release Drow? Surely. Will we be able to purchase the armored spider mount separately at some point? Wouldn't rule it out, but can't say. Will players ever get to purchase the Hero of the North title again? Probably not. Will they continue to release high-ticket bundled promos? Absolutely :)
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »

And you clearly exercise your right to judge what is "tiny" and to whom. (Holding back a "your girlfriend"-joke here, out of courtesy.)

The thing that is wrong.... is selling you something, claiming its contents to be exclusive, and the purchase of said content only being available for a limited time...... (still with me, slugger?) ... even urging us to "Buy before it's too late!"....... then..... completely revoking this deal...... by starting new sales of the very nearly exact same thing, apart from the name of the pack, and a title.

If you don't see anything shady or wrong with that... I really can't help you.
    edited June 2013
    the jimmies are rustled

but honestly, theyre a company and they first and foremost goal is to make money

why would they remove an item that made them a substantial amount?

Because they promised exclusivity to the trusting customers and funders?
    They could easily make a NEW pack tho, with other contents, and this would not be an issue.
    Obvious.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Going out of business sale.

Heard of them?

Nothing like seeing the same company going out of business every other week. Marketing, it's all in the marketing.
    edited June 2013
    Because they promised exclusivity to the trusting customers and funders?
    They could easily make a NEW pack tho, with other contents, and this would not be an issue.
    Obvious.

yeah it would be an issue, because they dont have any content at hand to make exclusive

if they wanted to make another pack, they'd have to make all the new stuff that goes into it. They have a cash cow already in the form of this pack, and all theyre doing is milking it. standard procedure
    edited June 2013
    yeah it would be an issue, because they dont have any content at hand to make exclusive

if they wanted to make another pack, they'd have to make all the new stuff that goes into it. They have a cash cow already in the form of this pack, and all theyre doing is milking it. standard procedure

Not the issue I was referring to, obviously. If they dont have anything new to make exclusive, they shouldnt re-use an "old" pack that was labled as exclusive previously.
    Thats the issue. Not whether they have extra side content laying about or not.
    edited June 2013
    Not the issue I was referring to, obviously. If they dont have anything new to make exclusive, they shouldnt re-use an "old" pack that was labled as exclusive previously.
    Thats the issue. Not whether they have extra side content laying about or not.

its not the issue you were referring to but its an issue that would come up if they take your suggestion lol

why waste resources or other "exclusive items" when they already have a pack bringing money in
    edited June 2013
    its not the issue you were referring to but its an issue that would come up if they take your suggestion lol

why waste resources or other "exclusive items" when they already have a pack bringing money in

Irrelevant to the point I was making. What they did was wrong. Period. Nothing else exists that takes away from their guilt in this subject. Nothing should. Ethics.

But defend them, and this type of buisiness practice all you like, if that's what you're trying to do.
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Irrelevant to the point I was making. What they did was wrong. Period. Nothing else exists that takes away from their guilt in this subject. Nothing should. Ethics.

But defend them, and this type of buisiness practice all you like, if that's what you're trying to do.

They don't need to defend them at all. You just don't understand that what they are doing is out of desperation as the game is losing people day by day. Also, I've never seen such a high price tag for something so absurd in a game before and people buying that stuff. Once the game dies, you aren't special anymore anyways. ROFL
    edited June 2013
    They don't need to defend them at all. You just don't understand that what they are doing is out of desperation as the game is losing people day by day. Also, I've never seen such a high price tag for something so absurd in a game before and people buying that stuff. Once the game dies, you aren't special anymore anyways. ROFL

I understand the idea of desperation just fine, thank you. Do you understand simple debating technique? What an argument, or point, is?
    Desperation is not a valid reason for every behavior or action. Claiming "I was desperate, so it's ok!" doesn't really fly in court if you swindled someone. Are you following so far? If not, just reread our posts here a few more times before you come back, as this is just wasting time.

Lastly; I'm not special at all, since I never bought a Founder's Pack, but I applaud your effort, with the nice "ROFL" and all.
This discussion has been closed.