Install Arc
Options

Fastest MMO death in history

1235»

Comments

• Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wish I would be this active when I'm dead.

This is the liveliest corpse I've ever seen.
  • Options
    kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    going to chime in and say game is really gonna suffer...maybe die if they dont fix the exploiters in epic dungeons. It should be impossible to skip mobs for gods sake.

Joined one group and saw first hand what is going on. Needless to say its hard to find a group that does not exploit...people calling for "experienced" players are just looking for fellow exploiters....what is the fun in exploiting for gear?
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jerilyn wrote: »
    Any idea when this patch will go live? Has it already?

I have been avoiding dungeons because:

1. No groups want to do them without exploits.
    2. Since I don't know the dungeons, I might get dragged through with a group doing exploits without even realizing I am exploiting.

As a result, I am already level 27 and afraid I am going to miss all the dungeons if they don't hurry up and fix this :)

Don't worry about it, the 1-59 levels are actually the good ones - it's at 60 where the exploiting starts because they all want their epic loot ASAP.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    azahron wrote: »
    Don't worry about it, the 1-59 levels are actually the good ones - it's at 60 where the exploiting starts because they all want their epic loot ASAP.

This is what I am talking about I was shocked when I hit 60..I was so psyched for some challenging level 60 dungeons....and when I got in no one talked they ran to a wall jumped up it,...one ran ahead of the rest and I was just left wondering follow them or not? So I try to follow they are running past all the mobs..looting something

I don't even know what they were doing I got killed since I was a "****" who didn't know the cool exploits....whats the point of playing this game if you are going to do that? There is nothing to earn or achieve.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    Well I think they share the same engine. But ground combat in Neverwinter is slightly better then CO and a lot better then STO. Some common features in STO are not present in Neverwinter though.

They do share the same engine. The combat thing is subjective, I like COs combat best. :)

I do like NW and don't think it is going to die anytime soon. Like I've said before, mmos are pretty hard to kill these days.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They do share the same engine. The combat thing is subjective, I like COs combat best. :)

I do like NW and don't think it is going to die anytime soon. Like I've said before, mmos are pretty hard to kill these days.

unless it is APB which they supply their own bullets ;)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    talnorantalnoran Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    F2P business models make more income than subscription based.

artoah wrote: »
    I'm not a fanboy, and I definitely bailed on that sinking ship before the second month BUT.

The production costs were INSTANTANEOUSLY regained from the sale of the game itself. The monthly subscription gave them a nice profit, and now I don't know what they do but it didn't end up a financial failure.

Though I think the consumers wouldn't fall for that trick again ;-) (oh wait lol, neverwinter :D)
  • Options
    eshlaeshla Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    what they need to do is start adding they classic classes people want to play. I recall them saying "we have 20 or so classes we can put in the game" Start adding classes people want to play very soon cause this game is on life support, with other games people want to play coming out soon. After 6 months or what ever it has been the ranger, warlock, Paladin, and warlord just to name a few should already be in the game. They are basic classes and could not see a pen and paper D&D players handbook not having these classes at release so why is it ok for their mmo not to have these classes?
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i highly doubt the new classes will be free for all player only the ones who pay for it with zen just look at what they do with the paid races. if and when they do come out with new classes prepare to shell out some zen to unlock them
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm afraid that thread necroscopy is something we cannot have around here, we don't want lots of little vampire threads running around, so I'll just close this one quietly before it gets itself into trouble. Feel free to create new threads, just please, don't resurrect the dead.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
This discussion has been closed.