What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fastest MMO death in history

Comments

• Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game is broken because devs are to lazy to fix it.

Correction, there are bugs because the devs are either incompetent or they don't have enough devs assigned to the team to do the work in a timely fashion. I'd probably guess the latter, that there are not enough. ;)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wrong. There are tons of people who are exploiting or leveling their chars to exploit.

Game is broken because devs are to lazy to fix it. State of the game is good only if playing a game for you means jumping through walls.

Wrong there are tons of people whining and *****ing on the forums!

Game is normal, and devs are not lazy probably working long hours with little to no pay honestly. Have you ever seen what game developers do for us? Now I'm not trying to defend this game but at least give them some time, they are human just like you.
  • Options
    dahiorusdahiorus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This game its just for non skilled players , just noobs and kids .
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I don't get is why they haven't focused on fixing their buggy instances rather than releasing new buggy instances. Now you have buggy *** t2 dungeons AND buggy Guat that has been taken down due to being so buggy. Wish they would just focus on fixing the game. It is so annoying having people drop the group because the group won't exploit/take shortcuts. Very frustrating being one of the few people actually wanting to play the game like it was intended to be played.. Soon all that will be left is the players who want to run x instance, skip all content but the last boss etc. I love this game but have become more than frustrated with the group set up/group finder etc..
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dahiorus wrote: »
    This game its just for non skilled players , just noobs and kids .

Insulting people is not the way to prove your point. Are you trying to push kids and new players away from games and D&D?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    Insulting people is not the way to prove your point. Are you trying to push kids and new players away from games and D&D?

Ignore him dude this is just another bridge dweller thread from the usual suspects. These guys hated the game going in over some imagined offense Cryptic did.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My original guild of over 500 people died around 3 weeks ago. My new guild of about 200 is slowly but surely also dying. This game just doesn't have enough content, nor does it have a developer that is able to fix all of the problems in the game. All PWE and Cryptic cares about is money, not the players nor the quality of their game.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I paid for founders pack and 4000 zen.
    Did you learn anything? No, of course you didn't.
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Game is normal
    If normal end-game PvE for you is jumping through walls, typing /killme and exploiting every possible dungeon for weeks then yes, game is perfectly normal. Lol.
    and devs are not lazy probably working long hours with little to no pay honestly. Have you ever seen what game developers do for us? Now I'm not trying to defend this game but at least give them some time, they are human just like you.
    I am not gonna pretend that everything is alright because it isn't. Not fixing game breaking exploits like those in CN for WEEKS deserves every possible ugly word that exist.
  • Options
    shadowcraft101shadowcraft101 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How do you have a game that is based on a city whose most influential hero is a Ranger, and yet did not have the Ranger available at launch?

This is one of the MANY failings of this once promising game and now, like so many others before, will crawl away to die alone in obscurity. I'm sure by now, your developers have been reassigned to develop the next game that you will undoubtedly screw up. I for one (and thousands like me) have already given up on you and your company to produce quality products.

Enjoy the mediocrity you have created while it lasts.
  • Options
    velonox2000velonox2000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How do you have a game that is based on a city whose most influential hero is a Ranger, and yet did not have the Ranger available at launch?

This is one of the MANY failings of this once promising game and now, like so many others before, will crawl away to die alone in obscurity. I'm sure by now, your developers have been reassigned to develop the next game that you will undoubtedly screw up. I for one (and thousands like me) have already given up on you and your company to produce quality products.

Enjoy the mediocrity you have created while it lasts.

this /10char
  • Options
    strainzedstrainzed Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013

Yep, and when they do release Ranger it's a good bet the class will only be able to shoot a bow and do nothing else. I'm sure that's in 4E rules just like a Fighter can only use a great sword and nothing else.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    strainzed wrote: »
    Yep, and when they do release Ranger it's a good bet the class will only be able to shoot a bow and do nothing else. I'm sure that's in 4E rules just like a Fighter can only use a great sword and nothing else.

And they will charge you 1 million AD for it (thanks to marketplace inflation). ;)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    artoah wrote: »
    I'm not a fanboy, and I definitely bailed on that sinking ship before the second month BUT.

The production costs were INSTANTANEOUSLY regained from the sale of the game itself. The monthly subscription gave them a nice profit, and now I don't know what they do but it didn't end up a financial failure.

Though I think the consumers wouldn't fall for that trick again ;-) (oh wait lol, neverwinter :D)

Half the people at bioware lost their jobs.

But i still think warhammer is the biggest financial failure.
    Mythic was declared bankrupt.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mavalon wrote: »
    Half the people at bioware lost their jobs.

But i still think warhammer is the biggest financial failure.
    Mythic was declared bankrupt.

Yeah, WAR's downward spiral kept going - SWTOR's at least recovered a while ago.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    vladimirwtfvladimirwtf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you learn anything? No, of course you didn't.

Off course I learned something - never pay a cent for this game if and until it's fixed. I was hooked up on AD&D, but...

Unfortunarely, there are too many MMO's around and none of them are good enoough to be played in a long run, in a fashion people played WOW for example. Developers around the world adopt business model of publishing unfinished games and for most of them it turns out to be a disaster - games die before people can feel how they are meant to be in the end.

Someone mentioned Warhammer - now that game had potential, but bugs and feeling of unfinished game killed it.

I wish that developers learn from this.
    Vlasterx / NWN founder
  • Options
    eazydzzzeazydzzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited June 2013
    My original guild of over 500 people died around 3 weeks ago. My new guild of about 200 is slowly but surely also dying. This game just doesn't have enough content, nor does it have a developer that is able to fix all of the problems in the game. All PWE and Cryptic cares about is money, not the players nor the quality of their game.

Over 500 members huh? That's pretty amazing considering there is a 500 member cap on guilds.

I'm sure Cryptic cares very much about their players and the quality of their game.

Every single one of your posts consists of you bashing cryptic, and/or bashing Neverwinter. You call the game "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" and "garbage", and you call the developer's lazy, incompetent, and stupid.

What have ever worked hard to create that is so perfect and wonderful? My guess would be nothing.

Go away.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    eazydzzz wrote: »
    Over 500 members huh? That's pretty amazing considering there is a 500 member cap on guilds.

I'm sure Cryptic cares very much about their players and the quality of their game.

Every single one of your posts consists of you bashing cryptic, and/or bashing Neverwinter. You call the game "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" and "garbage", and you call the developer's lazy, incompetent, and stupid.

What have ever worked hard to create that is so perfect and wonderful? My guess would be nothing.

Go away.

"<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" and "garbage"
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Ha Ha. Am not sure if serious or just heavily ironic.

What have ever worked hard to create that is so perfect and wonderful?

Ha ha ha ha.

Okay now I know you were just being ironic. Well, either that or Cryptic's biggest fanboyz.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tabula Rasa.........
  • Options
    bigbradfordbigbradford Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shadedkin wrote: »
    Wrong. There are tons of people who are still playing. The "Fastest MMO death in history" and also one of the most expensive to make MMO was Star Wars: The Old Republic. It costed an estimated 150-200 million dollars and went free to play after a few months.
    more like 11 months... revenue has doubled since f2p was introduced and they added 2 million more players.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    Heh. We'll see. A lot of MMO forums always post "doom and gloom" but so far the "fastest death" is Matrix Online (4 years)

SWTOR was live for 8 months then went F2P. It is still going last I check.

pretty sure Tabula Rasa didn't even last a year. for shame, it was a pretty good game.
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    more like 11 months... revenue has doubled since f2p was introduced and they added 2 million more players.

Yes but.....

They doubled their revenue since they went f2p....but when are they measuring it from? My guess is right before they went f2p when the revenue was extremely low....

...and they said they added 2 million new accounts ( http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130321 ). Let's not forget that anyone who stops subscribing instantly becomes a "new" preferred account.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yep, they are doing quite well again - I hope they actually keep it up.
    I've hit one of my boredom periods with it again, but I fully intend to go back and check it out when any new stuff makes it into game - I haven't raided since our original guild fell apart, so the latest update with the Nightmare mode of... some raid doesn't really interest me.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    Yes but.....

They doubled their revenue since they went f2p....but when are they measuring it from? My guess is right before they went f2p when the revenue was extremely low....

...and they said they added 2 million new accounts ( http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130321 ). Let's not forget that anyone who stops subscribing instantly becomes a "new" preferred account.

Pretty sure they've measured it from November, when they went F2P, so yeah you'd be right - but EA seems to be happy about it judging by what they've said, so I imagine it's not a completely bad number.
    As for the accounts, I'm pretty sure that even includes completely free accounts that have never spent a dime on the game.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    vladimirwtfvladimirwtf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bot problem?

cak1UPX.png

Is it that hard for GM's to check AH once in a while for suspicious accounts and offers?

You know what's next? They will buy ZEN for this AD and resell it over the internet like in any other bot-infested game. We will have insane number of bots in just a month and then - game is dead.

Someone asks for patience and loyalty and other nonsense in that manner, but the truth is - this is not the first game that goes down like this and I don't want to have patience and understanding for poor game planing and bad project management! They were so greedy to launch game asap that they didn't introduce any security and anti-cheat system whatsoever!

Making a program to buy and resell on AH over the gateway? No problem.

Worst part is - devs don't even recognise that these bot farmers and AH scripts will take away all profit from them. Why should anyone buy regular zen when they can buy it much cheaper on some other place... from these bots for example. Once they start to dictate AH - bye bye fair trade and welcome pay2win.

!!!
    Vlasterx / NWN founder
  • Options
    uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited June 2013
    the problem with this game is pay to win mentality , is too similar to koreans/asian games, and i hate asian games, I hope that devs will change direction
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • Options
    pwskballpwskball Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It isnt even pay to win , pay to win comes second when compared with exploit to win
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bot problem?

cak1UPX.png

Is it that hard for GM's to check AH once in a while for suspicious accounts and offers?

You know what's next? They will buy ZEN for this AD and resell it over the internet like in any other bot-infested game. We will have insane number of bots in just a month and then - game is dead.

Someone asks for patience and loyalty and other nonsense in that manner, but the truth is - this is not the first game that goes down like this and I don't want to have patience and understanding for poor game planing and bad project management! They were so greedy to launch game asap that they didn't introduce any security and anti-cheat system whatsoever!

Making a program to buy and resell on AH over the gateway? No problem.

Worst part is - devs don't even recognise that these bot farmers and AH scripts will take away all profit from them. Why should anyone buy regular zen when they can buy it much cheaper on some other place... from these bots for example. Once they start to dictate AH - bye bye fair trade and welcome pay2win.

!!!

QFT, quoted for emphasis, and quoted to be noticed as much as possible, especially the screencap.

Cryptic/PWE needs to get REAL work done to prevent gold selling and eventual game economy collapse. Even a dimwit could see that an account with random characters for the name and selling stacks of things few others, if no one, sells is a gold farmer/exploiter.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    3.) That's nothing compared to the drop off SWTOR had.

God yes, though DCUO was even more of a tumbleweed zone before the Big Giant Sony Shutdown Of Doom and the server merge and f2p change.
This discussion has been closed.