test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community] Review Request Thread (Forms/Spreadsheets)

ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Hey there, Ashally here.

I'm browsing this board for like one month and found out that amount of threads stating "my quest needs reviews til it's eligible, will trade" or "need feedback, pliaz halp" is too darn high. So, why not one sticky (or forever bumped) with permanent flow of quests needing review?

For some time there was lack of action within this thread, so I'd like to redirect you to some initiative that I highly approve and seems to work: Scribe's enclave. Before I make changes to the current system feel free to use Scribe's enclave.
I might not return here (I hope otherwise though), but wanted at least give newcomers a slight knowledge.
Of course, you can still provide feedback to people here on the list but my updating schedule of review me list might be slightly longer than usual.
If you'd still like to use this thread follow those rules:
- Use first link to apply
- Use second link to obtain quests that you can playthrough.
Other links should be helpful too.
Here are the links:

FORM - I need reviews/plays!
SPREADSHEET - Play me!
FORM - Give feedback on quest
SPREADSHEET - Feedbacks
STATISTICS - How long til my quest is gone?

Rules:
  1. Use the first form to apply
  2. Once you've applied, review quest from the "Play me" list
  3. Posting feedback is obligatory
  4. After you review and post feedback in 2nd form I'll put your quest into the "Play me" list.
  5. You have 3 days to review again if you want to keep your quest on the list
  6. If you review a couple of quests in the row, your quests existence in "Play me" will be extended by another 2 days additively. Eg. you reviewed 4 quests, your quest will stay here for 8 days.

FAQ:
Q: Do I have to post full feedback of the quest?
A: No! If everything was said in quest review, simply fill in the number of stars you've put to the quest. I need to know it so that I can keep track on how long should I keep your quest in tab.

Q: I added feedback, where did it go?
A: It's here. It will go there immediately or after a while, depending on google servers

Q: I want to have 2 of my quests to be reviewed. What should I do?
A: I want to keep this thread fair. I can't double your gains because you put two quests. Time limit would apply to only one quest. There are 3 possible solutions:
1) Use two slightly different nicks for your quests. That way you'll accumulate uptime for either of quests
2) Put one quest at a time. After the time has elapsed insert second quest and I'll "restart" timer.
3) Again, put one quest at a time. After some time ask me to change the quest to another one (with provided short code etc.)

Q: My quests time has elapsed, but I want it back! What do I do?
A: Fill in the form again (your quest info has landed here) and review a couple of quests.

Q: What if someone sends anonymous flame?
A: I delete it, no worries.

Q: When using spreadsheet I was asked to login to my gmail account. Do I have to do that?
A: No, just reload the page. Logging in to your gmail and leaving "allways be logged in" is more convenient, since it won't ask anymore.

Q: I added my feedback, but it doesn't want to show in the spreadsheet? What is happening?
A: It's unfortunate way how google forms work. Data is stored first in their summaries, then it's sent to spreadsheets. However if I want to check if you've added any quest, I can simply lookup for your nick in the summaries section.

Q: Why can't we check ourselves the summary section?
A: I don't want you to browse between pile of useless data. However if you wish to see it, here is the link.

Q: Someone has written feedback about my quest but didn't actually play it.
A: Report it to me, I'll remove him immediately.

Q: Why are we using google forms?
A: It's the quickest and one of the easiest tools aviable for free.

Q: Can you make "review me" and "feedbacks" in the same spreadsheet document?
A: It is done now. Check out the links above.

Q: I'd like to change some informations regarding my quest, eg. comment, quest name, short code. What should I do?
A: There are 2 ways: contact me via PM or on this forum with informations regarding what would you like to change OR you can apply again. I update informations in the spreadsheet according to the informations you have posted in "I need reviews" form.

Q: Why are you not maintaining this thread?
A: Studies, lack of intrest. If you want, you can help, just ask me via email (not pm) to share the rights to edit spreadsheet files.

PS. Waiting for Admins to share API for foundry, so that we can get access to reviews of users and their quests.

Rules for sorting:
  1. Once you've applied, your quests lies on bottom of the list for 1 day.
  2. After that one day our quest (reviewed)/day ratio is counted, eg. If you've reviewed 5 quests and 48 hours have elapsed since your first review, you will be at 2.5 ration
  3. Quests are sorted by this ratio descending.
  4. List is updated every evening.

What can you read from it:
1) 1 (one) review is not enough for your quest to recieve reviews
2) If you keep steady rate of quests per day, you'll keep your position on list
3) You are rewarded by reviewing a lot of quests when you barely applied
And by barely I mean first few days

Who does it punish:
1) Those that want reviews on the first day of their reviewing trip (therefore gaining ludicrous ratio for simply reviewing 1 quest)
2) Those that want to review a couple of quests and go away (you'll drop down quickly)

Who gains:
1) Those that regularly review
2) Those that review a lot
3) Freshmen that review more than they recieve (they get higher places easier)
Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
I'm a streamer and I know it!
Post edited by ash4ll on

Comments

• ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just a message from a fellow reviewer! Didn't ask for permission, but I guess it's best for it to not get lost on 22nd page.
    mezrella wrote: »
    Ok so now that I have figured out how my system and internet will handle video reviews I am offering them to you guys. I rather keep them just attached to this forum as I know the hard work Ashally has put in to making this happen. I also, at this time, don’t want to get bombarded with the general public. If they want a review then they can attach themselves to this forum, it gives me something to do and it helps Ashally keep a steady flow coming in. If your quest is NOT attached to this forum I will be unable to review it at this time.

The hope is once my adventure is finished on this board I will have my next one ready for review. So I will be able to keep a steady steam going through this format alone.

Why do I want to do this? I like helping people, that is the bottom line. I know how difficult it is to make something feel unique, I know how many hours go in to this stuff, and I know sometimes you get so wrapped up in your own environments that little things may fall through the cracks.

The Disclaimer: (so I don’t have to say it every video every time) …

**If you are offended by foul language, this is not for you. I do have a tendency to speak in a manner not befitting of a lady, because well I am NOT a lady. It is very possible that you will hear many words which many people may find taboo. (Sometimes strings of them together) For this reason all videos should be considered rated R.**

**Nothing I say, in any way, is meant to be offensive, so please do not take it that way. I sometimes can be very blunt and come across as a B@#CH. I have no internal filter. Please be aware of this and know that I am doing this with the up most respect for my fellow authors. By this I mean I will in no way belittle you, purposefully; however I may say something that you may see as harsh. (If you are soft)**
    While going through your quest I will not be reading text out loud. You are the author you know what it says, so for story heavy quests there may be a lot of down time. However you will get honest reaction to your dialogue this way. So if you crack a joke and I don’t laugh you know I didn’t find it funny. This will also give you a since of how long reading your dialogue takes a normal player.

There are three things I will be looking at :

StoryHow well it flows, your dialogue, and since of direction. I am not the best person to find grammar and spelling errors but if I do notice them I will point them out. I also touch everything, if it has something to read on it, I will read it. Also I will talk about quest objectives and puzzles.

Build
    This to me is the heart of the adventure. Many find the story the heart I find the build the heart. I think it is possible to tell more with the atmosphere than words. I also have a BFA in animation and visual effects with an emphasis in game design, so I went to Uni for 5 years to be able to build and design games for the rest of my life. However I moved to Australia and the game industry here is dead. Because of this back ground, I notice little things. Here I will help you with placement, lighting, atmosphere, glitches, detailing and anything else I can find.

Combat All adventures will be soloed on a 9500 gear score, level 60 TR. You will see the combat from my perspective. I will point out things as I notice them.

SO! If you would like me to do your review as a video review please let me know, either in these forums or in a PM. If I have already done a review for you and you would like me to go back over it in a video, I am more than happy to do so, just know that yours may get pushed back in favor of ones I have not already reviewed.

All video links will be PM’d to the author via Private message through the forums. Once you, the author have reviewed the information I have provided, you are welcome to do whatever you wish with the video, if you like I can also remove it after wards.

One last note – due to my internet being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in Australia it may take longer than normal for me to upload. There for it could be a few days before your video is ready. There is nothing I can do about this. :(

PS. I do also have a twitch account, where I can do a live stream review. This would be the easiest and fast way to get a detailed review. However due to my time zone we would need to discuss a time that would be suitable for us both. In this format we could discuss things on the fly as well. If you would like this done please PM me and we will discuss a time to do it.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I could add mine there, not sure if you're into Story or Hack n' slash. Since I got both lol
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • mllebeanmllebean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    There are some advantages to having separate forum strings for individual quest review trades. This provides an easy to find spot for reviewers to leave detailed comments or feedback on the quest. It's also a good way of ensuring that review trades are actually being reciprocated. (I want to be sure that I've returned the favour to anyone who took the time to play my quest, especially in the earliest stages!) Grouping all these strings together in the forum would make sense, but I don't think you will convince people to dispense with them altogether. I found that the system works fine - my quest broke the 20 mark within a few days of trading reviews.
  • brunomaltabrunomalta Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also would like to trade reviews.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Gems of Destiny

Author:@brunomaltasisko

Q1: The Mysterious Mage (NW-DH25ZWZ9T)
    Q2: The Gem of Time (NW-DIV5JX7J3)
    More to Come
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Should have Solo/Duo/Party or Mix. (Since my quests support them all.) :P
    I like turtles.

edited June 2013
    EDITED: Informations in this post are outdated and therefore no longer true. Please read the first post for further info.
    edited June 2013
    Submited. Found the form very nice and easy to use. I will make sure to play all quests listed on the sheet latter today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Gems of Destiny

More to Come
    edited June 2013
    ash4ll wrote: »
    ok, will change the form :)

Edit: Btw, this thread is meant for people that doesn't care about having separate thread for comments. If you want to comment on quest, just type a mail to that person (that's why handle is recorded). Once quest reaches 20 plays I'll remove it so it doesn't stay in here for too long.

If you encounter a quest that already reached this number of plays, remind me here, I might be busy doing stuff so I'll remove it.

Remove mine then lol
    I like turtles.

edited June 2013
    Even so, i will give it a go on your quest. Saw the thread about it and the pictures and found it interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Gems of Destiny

More to Come
    edited June 2013
    I think I might give an exception to this rule tho if someone wants suggestions to their quest, I'll keep in mind to not remove those until author doesn't say so in this thread.
    edited June 2013
    The night bump rises!

Just wanted to say, that I added feedback form in case someone wanted to point something more than in review. I'm editing feedback spreadsheet, so that it includes sorting (for easier finding feedback for your own quest).

EDIT: Apparently you're not allowed to use scripts that are written by author in google drive unless you are an author. I guess it is because of some sort of safety issues. I'll be sorting it daily then. Luckily I have a button just for it.
    edited June 2013
    Anyone played mine yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Gems of Destiny

More to Come
    edited June 2013
    brunomalta wrote: »
    Anyone played mine yet?
    Yep, I played through yours. I posted feedback https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlyfTc5Eyk6FdEVPSlVwbWRlMVhaSDBZT1FDZzhoNFE#gid=0 here, cause review window wasn't long enough. What about you? It's a thread for trading!
    edited June 2013
    Bump for intrests.
  • waldo79waldo79 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like it if you guys could try mine out and I will try yours as well.

Silver Reflection
    NW-DO5EJM9EI

It's my first foundry so be gentle.
  • j54219j54219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok I've done @anrix2, @Rathenau15, and @ash4ll.
    I'll see if I can get another 3-4 after dinner. :)
    Nice work all !
    Save My Sister! NW-DEX09DZDQ
    Harbinger's Run with Jewels NW-DNRGMZGI3
    @j54219
    edited June 2013
    The night bump!

Keep up the good work. Although a word to those who didn't review yet - if you want to keep getting reviews, please exchange the review. Otherwise I'll have to remove your quests. I think I'll add it as a rule.
    edited June 2013
    brunomalta wrote: »
    Anyone played mine yet?

I'll give your quests a play, since the publishing is permastuck again for two hours now :P
    I like turtles.

edited June 2013
    Ok I've ran all nine that completed the form.

Thank you Anrix and especially Ash for running mine! I've already updated the correction you've mentioned (who knows when they will get published. lol)

I'm going to take a break until I get a few more runs on mine. Running 9 and only getting 2 reviews has put me down a bit.
    But hey, that 2more than I had yesterday. lol
    @j54219
  • jordetherjordether Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where does the review form post to? Maybe I missed that...

----

The reason I ask is...

Everyone who has ever traded reviews on the forums has probably run into this situation once in a great while:

-Person #1 has less than 5 reviews and asks to trade.

-Person #2 plays their quest. It's something that's been thrown together in a few hours (has no story, decor, balanced combat, etc.) and needs a LOT of work to get above the 1 to 3 star range.

-Person #2 is tempted to be less-than-honest in their review for whatever reason. (Let's face it - sometimes reviewers just look at the rating the other person doled out and do the same... you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.)

-Person #1 gets neutral info on typos and bugs but ALSO gets artificially high ratings and "I liked your quest" comments from reviewers who actually didn't have much fun at all. The enjoyment factor doesn't get addressed because Person #1 has no idea it's an issue... and the cycle of mediocrity continues.

Keeping in mind that "fun" is subjective, it's still the name of the game and it would be nice to have an anonymous way to provide truly honest feedback without fearing retaliation. Although such a system could be abused, I think on the whole it would end up being a great tool for authors who are earnestly looking for any conceivable way to improve upon their work.

So what I'm really asking is: is the feedback form anonymous? If not - can it be?
    edited June 2013
    jordether wrote: »
    Where does the feedback form post to? Maybe I missed that...
    These feedback are all internal.
    Meaning they are just on the link that Ash created for you own knowledge.
    Usually I copy/paste the positive part of it into the review ingame. I try not to be too harsh on the ingame review for obvious reasons
    @j54219
  • jordetherjordether Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    j54219 wrote: »
    These feedback are all internal.
    Meaning they are just on the link that Ash created for you own knowledge.
    Usually I copy/paste the positive part of it into the review ingame. I try not to be too harsh on the ingame review for obvious reasons

Just to make sure I understand:

1. When you submit a quest you receive a special link to your personal feedback.

2. The person who gave you that feedback does not have to enter their forum or character name in the "Nickname" field and can name themselves BillyBobJoe one day and SallyJaneSue the next day to avoid retaliation.

3. Ash can still tell who the review is really from, so the number of reviews that person does can still be tracked correctly.

Is that correct?
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Will re-work the whole thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Gems of Destiny

More to Come
    edited June 2013
    Let me be clear: I have no access to any secret data behind sending data to google drive. If I were police, I could track him of course.

1) There is no personal sheet currently, since that would require more work from me (it's a google drive form! :) ), every feedback is public and everyone can read it and it's the 4th link in the 1st post.
    2) I'll erase comments with any kind of anonymous nick, so it's pointless to do that
    3) If someone doesn't post feedback I treat as greeder that wants to take and doesn't give and will be removed shortly.

And yeah, I'm one of the biased people that tend to review quests with higher rating than quest deserves, but mostly because I believe that person will change their quest into edible state. I simply don't want to leave someone with 1 or 2 star because quest was awfull on the beggining but blossomed into beautiful flower.
    edited June 2013
    Latter today i will have a run at ash4ll and j54219 quests. Sorry for the delay.

Update: Just finished ash4ll quest and posted the feedback on the form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Gems of Destiny

More to Come
    edited June 2013
    @draconusxx, @visigoth18, @waldo79 - Please review others quests.

@Rathenau15, @oerek - I saw your reviews under others quests, but please post feedback via form, so others know you're not loitering.

Other than that, my quest reached eligibility so I removed it from the list. Have fun trading reviews, I'll keep this thread running of course, so feel free to post some more requests.
    edited June 2013
    american night bump

(it's 11:30 AM here in Poland ^^)
    edited June 2013
    ... aaaaaand an american morning bump!
    edited June 2013
    South America evening bump!

Time to test some more Foundry Quests

Update: Posted my review of the "Save my Sister!" and "Ch: 1.) Beginnings".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Gems of Destiny

More to Come
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what format is the review me sheet in and why is it wanting me to log into my email?
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
This discussion has been closed.