test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback] Alchemy - post your feedback here!

Comments

• Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My feedback:
    2. Requires TOO many different mats (potions) that CANNOT be stored in the tradeskill inventory but instead are stored in the main inventory (3 space taken) clogging up our already precious inventory space.

This is the easiest fix of all, and could be a fix for Runes and Enchantments too... (Which take up way too much of your inventory)

Have a Vault, for storage of crafted items and materials, in the Enclave.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    This is the easiest fix of all, and could be a fix for Runes and Enchantments too... (Which take up way too much of your inventory)

Have a Vault, for storage of crafted items and materials, in the Enclave.

I agree.. a seperate inventory/storage for runes and enchantment would be a godsend.
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree.. a seperate inventory/storage for runes and enchantment would be a godsend.

I would be happy with a central location (Ref: Bank Vault), you would have travel to, to store and withdraw materials as needed.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    philmanpw wrote: »
    I know it doesn't go into my normal inventory. I have been sitting at 1 Basic Alchemical Knowledge in my Trade skill inventory for a while now, and that is even after completing 2 rank 2 experimentations that have shown the basic alchemical knowledge listed in the final result. that is why I am saying there is a major bug in alchemy. it is not rewarding the basic alchemical knowledge when it says it will.

Hmmm that's odd... Well I don't have any problem at all since I am currently at Rank 4 Alchemy (yes it sucks getting there) there seems to be a huge brick wall at lvl 4 going forward. Maybe it's a random occurance. Everyone in my guild is talking about alchemy and how it sucks...
  • Options
    bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Too monotonous for me. In general, the professions system in Neverwinter remind me too much of the reputation system in STO. And I wore out a mouse just getting to max tier in that game.

If there were more ways of earning Alchemy XP I'd probably go back to level it. But as it stands right now, it's too time consuming with too little reward in the end.
  • Options
    philmanpwphilmanpw Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's what I don't understand. Sometimes when you look at the rank 2 experimentation for example, in the final result section it will only show a minor unstable potion. Then sometimes it will show unstable potion, alchemical knowledge and some other recipe, but then you still only get the unstable potion. It is just a bad coding job and it should say that all the time but the alchemical knowledge is still a random chance even though it says it is part of the final result. Or is it the other way around. Hopefully some one at Cryptic is looking at this stuff.
  • Options
    advengerkosadvengerkos Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am so disappointed in alchemy. I got my alchemy to 20 yesterday and having waited for over 15 rare craft changes I can say alchemy is rubbish. You can make 25% AP pots and 2 buff pots which is meh.....the pots go when you die. I was hoping you can make dragon eggs or some kind of GOOD epic craft. The other proffs have good epic items but alchemy literally has nothing!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am so disappointed in alchemy. I got my alchemy to 20 yesterday and having waited for over 15 rare craft changes I can say alchemy is rubbish. You can make 25% AP pots and 2 buff pots which is meh.....the pots go when you die. I was hoping you can make dragon eggs or some kind of GOOD epic craft. The other proffs have good epic items but alchemy literally has nothing!

Wow how did you get it to rank 20 so fast. Well atm it's so much fail I pretty much stop working on Alchemy till they fix this.
  • Options
    kitandkaboodlekitandkaboodle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So far, not enjoying the leveling. Having a "chance" of getting the results I need out of a task, with no indications of what tasks I need to be doing to have that chance makes it very frustrating to progress.
    If the tasks I have available would at least show me what chance I have of getting the items I need to progress and level, it wouldn't be as frustrating, but right now it seems like you just keep gathering mats, making intermediate materials from them, toss the results together and hope you get what you need to progress. Some say its "Research" I'd say it's random chance rolls until you get lucky. I prefer to know that the time and effort I put into leveling a craft will pay off by actually leveling the craft.
  • Options
    advengerkosadvengerkos Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    cerykceryk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the fact that it works differently than other professions. I don't like the fact that it takes 15+ minutes to make a single potion... Kind of wish they were batches that took just as long, but required more ingredients. Then just make the rare recipes have even larger batches or something... I don't know. However I do greatly appreciate the fact that we are actually able to make a superior health potion than what's on the vendors.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

How do you make dragon eggs? Dumbazz, you get two dragons to F

This isn't some Dr. Moreau island game...Seriously....
  • Options
    sirfalconsirfalcon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How do you get past level 2?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sirfalcon wrote: »

Some of the tasks are "experiments" - those have a chance of yielding an item. Different levels then have a task that take the items from the previous step, which yield the necessary XP to level up.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sirfalcon wrote: »

By leveling...not sure what the question is:confused:. If you follow the tasks, you level.

I am enjoying it so far. I would like to see more items at higher levels but am having fun with it so far:D.
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I enjoyed the novelty at first but now I'm at Lv7 and it's getting a bit tedious.

Everything requires too many ingredients, each of which need to be made with another bunch of ingredients. And at the end you get potions you can't really sell or use other than as ingredients for other potions.

At least leadership threw you a few AD and the others gave you shirts and pants to sell. This one seems to give you nothing on the way up.

Also, why are there no rare tasks between level 7 and 20? Anyone seen a rare level 12 or 14 task? I haven't.

In summary, too many ingredients to faff about with, not enough reward and the 10 minute jobs are very time consuming. Oh and the dye packs all seem to be very dull colours.

Yet to be really enthused by anything offered by alchemy, although I'm still quite low level.
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    I love it and love the different mechanic used for it. Very nicely done in my opinion.

The reason I like the randomness of it all, is that alchemy in the day and age we aer playing in was not an exact science, so it is really cool and love the playing around with different things involved.
  • Options
    urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    @shunterino
    about the rare tasks:
    there are always the 5-6 rare tasks in alc just like other prof's....BUT......the only rares that are visable are the dye batches, and the consummable batches of consumables you can actually make.

i.e.
    if you cant make "minor fortification potion" then you cant see the rare for "batch of minor fortification potions"
    when dye batches come up on the rare list, they will always be shown

this is why it seems like there aren't many rares for alc when you check it
  • Options
    charracharra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alchemy is bugged for me. Made it to almost level 5. Crafting a potion of Minor Fortitude. Click to collect result--congrats! Click OK.

Nada.

Potion is still in crafting window waiting to be collected. Bugged hard. Craft another one in a different slot. Same result.

Can't abandon job because it is done, can't collect it because it is buggered.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Never mind. Inventory was full. Once I deleted stuff, pots came out. Still, there should be some kind of error message possibly, IMHO.
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    urlag wrote: »
    @shunterino
    about the rare tasks:
    there are always the 5-6 rare tasks in alc just like other prof's....BUT......the only rares that are visable are the dye batches, and the consummable batches of consumables you can actually make.

i.e.
    if you cant make "minor fortification potion" then you cant see the rare for "batch of minor fortification potions"
    when dye batches come up on the rare list, they will always be shown

this is why it seems like there aren't many rares for alc when you check it

They have changed stuff for alc so I'm sure you're right, but it's weird because I can see rare tasks I can't do on the other professions, and it's a nice way to know what I'm working towards. Not sure what the point of keeping the rare alc tasks hidden is, or why we can see level 20 ones.

What are some of the interesting higher level potions that aren't batches, dyes or stamina/power, anyone know?
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my biggest gripe with alchemy is the amount of micromanaging that it requires, especially considering the time constraints.

Time to extract 1 vitriol = 10 minutes
    Time to extract 5 vitriols = 5 hours

This does not even come close to adding up, which is a shame..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's about right. Consider Tailoring:

Time to weave 2 bolts of wool cloth = 10 minutes
    Time to weave 8 bolts of wool cloth = 6 hours

Actually, tailoring is a little worse. The huge reductions in number of items produced per unit time spent is part of a trade off. In exchange, you can do it unattended away from your keyboard. Also, the amount of purchased inputs (i.e., spool of thread or solvent) per unit produced is halved. While I was leveling Tailoring, I used those mass tasks often to keep the amount of expensive vendor threads I needed down. I ran them over nights or while I was working.
  • Options
    lilmomcrowlilmomcrow Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, since I can't get exp for anything I do and can't progress/level my alchemy.....I really don't have much of an opinion about it other than "it's currently broken".
  • Options
    awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    How about a rare recipe to turn base metal into gold? I mean, after all, isn't that one of the ultimate goals of alchemy? I know leadership already has a way for us to make some money but I thought it would be interesting to see this in alchemy too.

I like the effect from the unstable potion that made you grow or shrink in size but wish it wasn't so random but came as a separate recipe instead. More of these fun potions would be nice... like invisibility potions, potions that make you change appearance, potions that make you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fire etc.

I also like to see some recipes for fireworks and injury kits too.
  • Options
    kaysha76kaysha76 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm currently stuck.

Rank in Alchemy is 6, but the Rank 6 Experimentation requires Aqua Vitae, Minor Elixir of Accuracy and Minor Elixir of Reflexes. I have recipes to make the first two, but the Minor Elixir of Reflexes recipe is not part of my repertoire of recipes (I only have Rejuvenation, Minor Healing, Force, Fortification, Tidespan, Distilled Minor Healing and Accuracy). There is no viable amount of these in the AH either, which would have allowed me to bypass the lack of this specific recipe ... so I am stuck.

Is the recipe of the Minor Elixir of Reflexes supposed to be a reward for one of the previous (rank 1 - 5) experimentation ranks? Or is it obtained elsewhere / differently?

Exit: I've submitted a ticket, but considering the swamped state of CS, I don't have my hopes up ... . Looking over the recipes and assuming an equal use of Blue and Green Vitriol, does the recipe of Minor Elixir of Reflexes consume 4x Green Vitriol?
  • Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, the Minor Elixir of Reflexes consumes 4 Green Vitriol. I find it strange that you don't have the recipe... that doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    orodalf wrote: »
    Yes, the Minor Elixir of Reflexes consumes 4 Green Vitriol. I find it strange that you don't have the recipe... that doesn't make sense.

Can you tell me at what Rank it should be in my recipe book?
  • Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rank 3./10char
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    orodalf wrote: »
    Rank 3./10char

Thanks for the info. I think I did a few Rank 3 Experimentations through the Gateway ... guess I will avoid doing Experimentations through the Gateway for now.
  • Options
    harityharity Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Simply amazing as things get broken.

Just wasted 2h on gateway doing Aqua Vitae in 3 slots and didn't have them in my inventory. Apperently they are in zyberspace somewhere, PLS FIX UR BROKEN GAME.