test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Non-Creative Quests vs Popularity

123457»

Comments

• visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Oh I don't, "But admittedly Spelling and grammar is one of my worst areas" I'm always pleased when a reviewer is willing to point out errors and tell me how I could fix it.

It was just that the first time I read your post "that part came across as 'End All Be All' set in stone so I teared up with the realization my content will never be like that without reviewers willing to help proof read :,(

but yeah I get what your saying now :]
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I advocate writing everything out of game so you can spell check at a minimum and get proof readers as well. Google docs is great for that.

Write dialog like a script.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been complimented on my spelling/grammar a few times. I guess that's one of my stronger points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I look at it this way.

If my quest was in the top somewhere, with tons of plays and tons of these short, "GREAT" or "Perfect for daily" reviews, then I would take that as an INSULT. That is right, with the exception of a few talented authors lucky enough to get their great quests early on, the majority of quests that are hitting the high spots in terms of number of plays and reviews, are below me in terms of what I consider quality content, but the players have spoken. So because it seems the majority of players want a short, 15 minute, extremely light generic story, then I do not want my quest to considered well liked by the majority of players. I may not have a lot of reviews, but the ones I do are MEANINGFUL reviews, by players that wanted a good story. I have zero one word reviews, because my quest can't be described in one word like the multitude of "great" quests flooding the catalog.

Simply, it does not matter how many plays or stars your quest has if it can be described 90% of the time by one word.

I have given up on trying to get a spotlight quest, or get in the first page of the catalog, it will never happen given the current community in any MMO these days.

So I take pride in the few plays and more importantly reviews I get.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png