test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make items won by Need roles become Bound to account/character

Comments

• travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    I find most pug dungeon runs to be charity work, thus I have no issue with leaving the group on the final boss due to the incompetence of someone(s). My charitableness only goes so far and only so many injury kits.

There's always going to be QQ regardless of looting options. Asking for all the coding required to develop some sort of bound on need option is asinine. Let the developers use their time to develop new content and gear. So you can come here and QQ about not winning it.

...It's a single "if, then" statement. If Need is rolled, gear becomes bound to the player with the winning roll.

This really wouldn't take very much of their time at all. If you're angry about wasting the time of the devs, then you should be outraged that they spent any time whatsoever implementing the proposed "fix", which fails to adequately address the current loot issues.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • kultyzkultyz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    so then people will be running charity work for doing dungeons?

not really,

if you read my wall of text in page 12 (yes sorry it's very big but it had to be)

You will see that even tho you loose a bit on the chances to get an item, the loss you have on percentage its around 5% maybe 10%. This is sort of justified as people from other classes will also be selecting greed and you will be able not only to get your class items, but also other people's class items and so, compensating the loss of chances to get an item.

Also prices will rise on market if there are less items and that may enable to sell less items but for more AD. Also compensating.

So it's not charity, it's balancing. You loose in one place and gain in other place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Neverwinter books
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so if I am on full T2 set, with all enchants maxed I need to run dungeons and "greed" on everything because I already have all my best gear in the game?

sounds like charity to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kultyz wrote: »

Also prices will rise on market if there are less items and that may enable to sell less items but for more AD.
    I better sell for less just to keep as is .
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
    edited June 2013
    so if I am on full T2 set, with all enchants maxed I need to run dungeons and "greed" on everyone because I already have all my best gear in the game?

sounds like charity to me

Not really mate,

If things stand as they are (this is with the upcoming fix of only need for class items)

You will basicly only be able to need on your class item right? If something drops of other class... well... someone will surely need it to seel or use but you will not get it for sure.

Now with this improvement people from other class will also press Greed, giving you a chance of getting other class items as well. Therefor instead of making 5 runs with an average of 20% (1/5 class) of dropping an item for your class so you can need it (lets not count if there are more people from ur class cause it would be worse) instead of this you gain a 20% chance of getting any item since there are 5 people in the group so 20% for each. In this point it's exactly the same.

Now you can tell that it's not true cause people will need gear and so on and for that read the last part of my post on page 12 where i have all that taken in consideration.

The results are that yes since people will need gear you will over time get less items. Between 5% to 10% less items. But less items on market i believe that they will also sell for 5% or 10% more so... it doens't change much in that regard.

Consider it a better way to distribute things... i believe it makes more sense to be able to get an item whatever the class then ONLY to get my own class items.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    travail01 wrote: »
    ...It's a single "if, then" statement. If Need is rolled, gear becomes bound to the player with the winning roll.

This really wouldn't take very much of their time at all. If you're angry about wasting the time of the devs, then you should be outraged that they spent any time whatsoever implementing the proposed "fix", which fails to adequately address the current loot issues.

-Travail.

If people stopped the QQ perhaps we wouldn't waste their time trying to alleviate all the b!tching and moaning. Which was my point. Implement bound on need, insert troll that rolls need regardless, insert more QQ. gg
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    travail01 wrote: »

Might be fine if everyone only ran PUGs.
    I find the suggestion to be highly undesirable.
    I mostly group with guildies. And Blues and Purples that I don't use go into the Guild Bank anyway.
    The game should be supporting a variety of playstyles - which the current fix should accommodate quite nicely.
    edited June 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    I better sell for less just to keep as is .

lol the known... "I refuse because i refuse!"

Anyway.. things wont stay as it is now... the fixing on Only class Need roles is already stated to come... not much you can do there so you either improve the fix they are doing or not.
    edited June 2013
    riqita wrote: »
    I mostly group with guildies. And Blues and Purples that I don't use go into the Guild Bank anyway.
    The game should be supporting a variety of playstyles - which the current fix should accommodate quite nicely.

Well if you make guild runs you can still press greed on stuff and place in on guild bank lol...

either i didnt understood what you've said or you didn't read what i've said :P
  • huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    so since you mostly group within your guild, this proposed change doesnt affect you at all
    edited June 2013
    Right now the "Need for class only " well p**** off a lot of people + this well just make them leave and lot of them are heavy spender on Zen store. I just don't think some of you understand how today MMORPG works .
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, just skimming the last few pages. Here is what is needed to fix the loot system.

Cant roll need on non-class items
    Any need roll changes the status of the gear from BOE to BOP
    Gold value of items need to be reduced to near zero
    System needs to be put in place so max geared folks can still profit from dungeon runs.

So, to recap. In order to fix the loot system. We need to make serious fundamental changes to almost every aspect of gear, gear value, and dungeon design. Not to mention AD and AH, seeing as how the entire system is all but based on gear trading.

All this just to fix one type of looting option. Mind you there are other loot options already in game. This fix would be only for NGP. Anyone else think all this effort, speculation, angst, frustration could be better spent on something new rather then trying to fix this garbage?
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    huckasex wrote: »
    so since you mostly group within your guild, this proposed change doesnt affect you at all
    Actually, it does, because if it's bind on pick-up, that means we can't put non-used items we acquire in the Guild Bank.
    I don't think there's a way to flag the item as BoP based on whether it was Needed rather than Greeded by a player.
    What doesn't affect me is your concern about the current fix. The current fix works out well. No need to implement BoP.
    And it would actually be more of an nuisance.
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    So, just skimming the last few pages. Here is what is needed to fix the loot system.

System needs to be put in place so max geared folks can still profit from dungeon runs.

So, to recap. In order to fix the loot system. We need to make serious fundamental changes to almost every aspect of gear, gear value, and dungeon design. Not to mention AD and AH, seeing as how the entire system is all but based on gear trading.

All this just to fix one type of looting option. Mind you there are other loot options already in game. This fix would be only for NGP. Anyone else think all this effort, speculation, angst, frustration could be better spent on something new rather then trying to fix this garbage?
    Aye, Lets move on they going make need for class only(only because table top carebear whine) . Let them fix on bug and what they got on their plate right now.
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
    edited June 2013
    Right.
    I still don't see that a fix of the fix is needed.
    If it really becomes that big of an issue - they can ad the suggested fix at a later date.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They should fix the loot system so that everything is looted to me and I'll distribute them evenly over the AH.
  • huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Actually, it does, because if it's bind on pick-up, that means we can't put non-used items we acquire in the Guild Bank.
    I don't think there's a way to flag the item as BoP based on whether it was Needed rather than Greeded by a player.
    What doesn't affect me is your concern about the current fix. The current fix works out well. No need to implement BoP.
    And it would actually be more of an nuisance.

thats why you greed it then its not bound

but since you clearly havent understand the suggestion anyway, why dont you try to reread it and this time understand it?
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »

So this will do several things.

One, it will drastically reduce the amount of gold you get from selling green/blue trash gear. This gold is needed for buying potions/injury kits.

Two, at lower levels where green is more often than not unidentified, you have no way of knowing if you "need" the gear or not. You're essentially making it so low-leveled players who roll need on rings, belts, etc. can't sell them.

What a mess, you're proposing.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So much QQ, before YOU can't get an item that's not for your class. You are ninjas.
    There will be your turn and stop going around in party with 3 CW(as someone said, and if you're dumb enough to do it) run 1 of each class and GG problem solved.
    You're the greedy one, go farm yourself.
    edited June 2013
    eros1986 wrote: »
    Ninjas, all of you, why would you even be able to need on an item that is not for your class?
    And why should you(CW) be able to get an item for a DC? you're the greedy one, go farm yourself.
    So much QQ, before YOU can't get an item that's not for your class.
    There will be your turn and stop going around in party with 3 CW(as someone said, and if you're dumb enough to do it) run 1 of each class and GG problem solved.

They are already fixing the "roll need on items your class can't lose" issue. This thread is about something else entirely.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited June 2013
    It's quite demoralizing to see people commenting without even reading carefully my first post and saying everything will get Bound and there will be no more reasons to play a game and so on...

please stop trolling... first read then coment regarding what is discussed.

this is mostly a good discussion so far and it has been positive for everyone to place their comments.
    edited June 2013
    Simple things to remember on the idea:

- Only Need makes items bound to account/character
    - Greed and pass stays the same
    - People will have much more incentives to use Greed since by using it, items they win can be sold, traded or kept for guilds banks etc
    - Items won by need, are supposed to be used
    - This will make you lose the "i win all my class items" but since that happens to all (or nearly) players in that dungeon, you have a chance to get other classes items therefor compensating that loss.

There are alot of great info around and i will mention my big post on page 12 that explains better the last statement above.

Bring more points to discuss people.
  • therealmekkstherealmekks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agree completely with the OP.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    What a mess, you're proposing.

I dont think you read what I had to say completely. My entire point is, it is a mess. So we actually agree.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Stop. Please just stop.

Many runs, gear does not drop for my class. On runs where it does drop for my class I will decide if I pass to another same class or roll need.

I don't need someone holding my hand to make decisions.

The new need on class is fine. period. end of.
    edited June 2013
    Agree completely with the post directly above.
    edited June 2013
    Simple things to remember on the idea:

- Only Need makes items bound to account/character
    - Greed and pass stays the same
    - People will have much more incentives to use Greed since by using it, items they win can be sold, traded or kept for guilds banks etc
    - Items won by need, are supposed to be used
    - This will make you lose the "i win all my class items" but since that happens to all (or nearly) players in that dungeon, you have a chance to get other classes items therefor compensating that loss.
    Almost as bad as the Need Ninja is the Need <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    edited June 2013
    It's quite demoralizing to see people commenting without even reading carefully my first post and saying everything will get Bound and there will be no more reasons to play a game and so on...

please stop trolling... first read then coment regarding what is discussed.

this is mostly a good discussion so far and it has been positive for everyone to place their comments.

First of all, you're misusing the term "trolling". A "troll" is not someone you disagree with. It is someone intentionally trying to get a negative response out of someone for the purposes of personal enjoyment.

Secondly, we can only speculate what would happen if items won by need were instantly bounded to your character. People might suddenly become courteous and considerate; and utilize the greed option when appropriate. Then again people might simply continue to need on everything just to sell for gold. We don't really know one way or the other.

A lot of people have suggested that selling items for gold should also be reduced for "needed" items, but this is even more problematic. It would negatively affect gearing while leveling. In lower-level dungeons, most items are unidentified, so you can't actually tell if the item you're rolling for is better or worse than the one you have. The only logical option is to roll need on every green item that is for your class. Without the ability to sell these items, you would make substantially less gold, which becomes essential later on while running dungeons at level 60.

Realistically, the only items this would be appropriate for are ones that you can always view the stats for before rolling. Basically if they did implement this change, it should only affect epic gear.
  • neversaydie12334neversaydie12334 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nooooo. Ad prices will go up up up in the ah if this gets approved.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One of the worst systems in this game is the need/greed/pass system.

1. It's so very annoying and interrupting when multiple boxes pop up during combat. Move those boxes out of my view!

2. Some players complain and hate you if you take "their" item.

At the very least, do it as in Star Trek Online.
    Box is on the left side of the screen and choices and winners are not displayed.
    In STO, no one ever complained to me or was angry about my choices.

If I had my way, loot would be randomly assigned among players who can use the item. Or simply randomly assign loot.
    The need/greed/pass system is terrible. It's my biggest turn off when I do dungeons/skirmishes with other people.