test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make items won by Need roles become Bound to account/character

kultyzkultyz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I've read the big patch notes and i don't think the Need/Greed system intended will solve anything, or at least it will solve one issue and create another.

Currently with the changes people can't need on items they cannot use and that is a good thing imo, however it will create another problem. People who Need on thigs to sell on Auctions still can do the same "ninja looting" but this time only for their class items however, usually without competition so it's sort of free AD for them.

Now if you make items won with Need option become bound to account or character (altho i think BoA is good enough) this will still give people who really NEED an item, to press Need win it and use it, but if they want to sell that item on Auctions, they really need to press Greed and it makes sense... Greed = not needing but wanting the money that item is worth.

Really hope you can change this Cryptic as i think it's more fair for everyone and unables alot of ninja looting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Neverwinter books
Post edited by kultyz on

Comments

• lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I support this message with all my heart.
    That would also solve the problem of ninja looting jewelery.
  • kultyzkultyz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    hope people who read and agree post something here to keep this thread up so they have time to read it

we never know if they are reading or not and i think this would be good for them to read.
  • niubbacchioniubbacchio Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes so one that is on endgame and finished all his set can't earn more Ad from drops.
    Guys you got no brain
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is actually quite a good idea as everyone that wants to get an item to sell will have to Greed it and have the same chance as anyone else.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes so one that is on endgame and finished all his set can't earn more Ad from drops.
    Guys you got no brain

You've just described greed.
    edited June 2013
    Guys you got no brain

Of course you can make AD but by Greeding... not needing to ninja things from people that REALLY need them to use them
  • huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sounds actually like a good idea
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    You've just described greed.

Worse then that... not just greed but he wants to need on things he doesnt need but wants to sell (what is the name for that?)
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How no or better yet Hell no.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys you got no brain

Bingo.

If they cant sell it for AD then nobody should be able to.

They should just make the purple loot BoP, except for a few select pieces, like WoW did way back when I played it. Of course they wont because that would hurt Zen sales and we cant have that.

Also, inb4 flamed for saying WoW.
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I suppose if it really became a huge issue, BoA, might be a next step.
    But, I still don't see why the current fix would be a problem.
    At worst, we will be competing against one other player in the group.

If you want the item badly enough, for whatever reason, need it. If you don't care much about the item, greed it. If you don't want the item at all, pass it. That is simple.
    No reason to require more programming.
    We should be winning needs about 50% of the time - at worst.
  • huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    How no or better yet Hell no.

your reasoning?
    edited June 2013
    riqita wrote: »
    I suppose if it really became a huge issue, BoA, might be a next step.
    But, I still don't see why the current fix would be a problem.
    At worst, we will be competing against one other player in the group.

If you want the item badly enough, for whatever reason, need it. If you don't care much about the item, greed it. If you don't want the item at all, pass it. That is simple.
    No reason to require more programming.
    We should be winning needs about 50% of the time - at worst.
    thing is, in the new system, if someone doesnt need an item (cause he already has the same or a better one) but is the only one of that class, then he can need it for some free AD while the others of the group get shafted (which would have used it for the AD too)

with this suggestion it would bring everyone on an even level considering selling stuff for AD
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There's no shaft since all the players can do that for items of their class.
    That is a non-issue.
    In a group, I always pass on stuff that is not my class, anyways.
  • gvstonedgvstoned Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    100% Support.
    People shouldn't be allowed to ninja gear for selling it on the Auction House.
    Need = Bind on pickup, to wear yourself hence the name NEED
    Greed = Bind on equip, usually to sell hence the name GREED

Srsly anyone against this is a ninja that sells it all on the Auction House, there's no denying.
    edited June 2013
    huckasex wrote: »
    thing is, in the new system, if someone doesnt need an item (cause he already has the same or a better one) but is the only one of that class, then he can need it for some free AD while the others of the group get shafted (which would have used it for the AD too)

with this suggestion it would bring everyone on an even level considering selling stuff for AD

This is a very short sighted post. You realize the guy that gets the free piece of loot to sell for AD in your example wont be that lucky all the time right? Everyone will have the same chance to get the free loot at some point. One run maybe the TR gets the free piece to sell, maybe the next run its you.
    edited June 2013
    I want to add one other thing to this general idea.

Many people are still considering only 5 man groups.

well there will be more then just 5 man groups where more then 1 of each class will be in that group

For example 20 man = in a friendly average, 4 of each class.

People who already got the item (or better) can still Need it, while the other 3 get nothing AND they REALLY NEEDED it, and he can still sell it for AD.

i do honestly think this solution will still make people sell things for AD but by GREEDING it not needing.
  • niubbacchioniubbacchio Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jlander wrote: »
    Bingo.

If they cant sell it for AD then nobody should be able to.

They should just make the purple loot BoP, except for a few select pieces, like WoW did way back when I played it. Of course they wont because that would hurt Zen sales and we cant have that.

Also, inb4 flamed for saying WoW.

Well but all the guys with T2,5 they will log their full green alt..... not so good
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This stupid subject again. Need for items your class can use, greed for everything else. This is the easiest way and they are implementing it.

As far as someone selling the item, so what? So they sell it. When something for your class drops you can need on it and sell it too, should you so desire. Things drop for every class. It all evens out in the wash.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kultyz wrote: »
    I've read the big patch notes and i don't think the Need/Greed system intended will solve anything, or at least it will solve one issue and create another.

As will this suggestion. Your idea leaves the system open to abuse. Folks can roll simply to roll. With the intentions of denying folks items. They can roll simply for the gold value of the item. And should honest mistakes happen. You wont even be able to trade the item over to someone else as its now locked to you.

Put simply, this suggestion is like many other suggestions. Another imperfect band aid to a broken tired old mechanic. It cant be fixed. You can continue to try to apply fix after fix in the vain hopes it might be somewhat workable. Or you can come to the understanding that NGP is done, and needs to be removed.

The sooner folks can understand this the sooner we can stop trying to fix a broken system and move on to a better way of doing things. A personalized individual drop system. A system that removes the annoying pop ups, it wont disrupt combat, it removes fighting and jealously over drops. And its not a system that needs to be fixed or band aided to make folks happy.

And best of all, it is a system that Cryptic has used in the past, on several games, and have proven it works well.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I support this.

Step 1 - Disabling "Need" for folks that cannot use the item . . . check
    Step 2 - Recommended here in this thread - binding such items . . . I support
    Step 3 - Make it like another MMO I play where the system actually analyzes your stats and ONLY lets you "Need" on an item if it is truly an UPGRADE for your character . . . I can only hope

sockmunkey wrote: »
    And should honest mistakes happen. You wont even be able to trade the item over to someone else as its now locked to you.

Rift has a solution for this, actually. For endgame content and Raid gear/Dungeon gear, etc., if this situation should occur, you have 30 minutes to trade the item to another who can use it. The catch is the other person HAS to have been in that Raid or Dungeon with your party and be able to get the item from you in the trade window during that 30 minutes. It works really well. It's happened to me before, on both ends of the stick, and in both instances I was able to pass the item to a player that needed the item and I was able to get a belt I needed very much from a fellow teammate.

In my opinion, Rift has THE best Loot system in any MMO I have ever played, and I hope more MMOs follow suit.
  • gvstonedgvstoned Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As will this suggestion. Your idea leaves the system open to abuse. Folks can roll simply to roll. With the intentions of denying folks items. They can roll simply for the gold value of the item. And should honest mistakes happen. You wont even be able to trade the item over to someone else as its now locked to you.

Put simply, this suggestion is like many other suggestions. Another imperfect band aid to a broken tired old mechanic. It cant be fixed. You can continue to try to apply fix after fix in the vain hopes it might be somewhat workable. Or you can come to the understanding that NGP is done, and needs to be removed.

The sooner folks can understand this the sooner we can stop trying to fix a broken system and move on to a better way of doing things. A personalized individual drop system. A system that removes the annoying pop ups, it wont disrupt combat, it removes fighting and jealously over drops. And its not a system that needs to be fixed or band aided to make folks happy.

And best of all, it is a system that Cryptic has used in the past, on several games, and have proven it works well.

Then implement the mechanic that WoW uses should honest mistakes happen. Make the item tradable with the 4 other players in your group for a short period of time. Problem solved.

And without this idea, folks can also roll simply to roll, to deny folks items. Only with this idea they'll be 'punished' as in they won't be able to profit loads from the AH, and only get a few coins from vendoring the item. The incentive is gone for ninjaing, unless a few gold coins is a lot to you.

Lemme make it more clear with an example.
    5 Man dungeon group with the suggestion in this thread implemented (and the update as well where only the class of the item can roll need on it):
    -1 healer, 1 tank, 1 rogue, 2 mages
    -mage item drops, vendors for 1g, BoP if needed
    -mage A has a greenie, mage B has a better item
    -mage A needs, mage B passes as all he would get is 1g, the item is now bound to mage A and he's wearing it happily.

5 Man dungeon group without the suggestion in this thread implemented (and the update as well where only the class of the item can roll need on it):
    -1 healer, 1 tank, 1 rogue, 2 mages
    -mage item drops, vendors for 1g, not BoP if needed
    -mage A has a greenie, mage B has a better item
    -mage A needs, mage B needs too because it's 500K AD on the AH.
    -mage B wins, profits 500K AD, mage A is still stuck with his greenie.

I can list every single possible scenario here and everything will be better with this suggestion. But that would be a huge wall of text and i'll let you guys go over all the scenarios in your head.
    Please point me out any disadvantages that this system might bring (that without this system wouldn't be) and i'll worship you
    edited June 2013
    Maybe they could make a system where the party members agree on a set of rules before the run starts? When you press l to queue up for a pug and select what dungeon you want have a box pop up that asks what loot rules you want (NBG, FFA or whatever) then the roll system greys or doesnt grey stuff out accordingly. Same thing for people getting in pugs through chat, at the start of the run a vote would take place on rules and the roll system is set accordingly. Every group of people are happy then.
    edited June 2013

Honestly if i'm not mistaken you are saying, that people can do bad things no matter the system (my perception of needing to deny other people to get the item)

I agree that people can do bad things no matter the system.

However the less incentive to do such bad things exist, the less people will be tempted to make it.

I think there is much less reason to gain the vendor value in gold/silver/copper then it is to gain it in AD, therefor there is less reason to behave badly.

Besides i'm not saying my idea is the perfect one, i'm just saying it is an improvement.

You speak of mistakes and people not beeing able to trade items to correct their mistakes.

Then let's think positive, why not add that the item will be bounded to you only after you leave the dungeon, or like other games do, add a timer locked to that party so you can trade the item to people inside that party during that little time.

Even with this ideas other problems would still appear and i already can think of some while i write, the thing is...

my idea is a simple improvement to the already existing improvement and doesn't require much since the accound bound system already exists.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You guys are making this way to complicated. The soon to be implemented solutions works and is equitable and they have already coded it.
    edited June 2013
    I still don't see why the current fix requires any improvement.
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are people who well need it just to trash it so other well not get it.If this happens there well be more lots more.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No.
    edited June 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    There are people who well need it just to trash it so other well not get it.If this happens there well be more lots more.

Well people can do that already with or without the patch

but this way they have WAY LESS incentive to do such
    edited June 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    You guys are making this way to complicated. The soon to be implemented solutions works and is equitable and they have already coded it.

i suggested this cause the account bound system already exists in the game so it is a simple solution without much requirements