test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with Valindra

ren047ren047 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Hello. I'm a TR with problems to complete Valindra's Tower. Right now it's the only way to acquire the dread legion dagger set. When i reach Valindra and the fight starts, i feel useless against her, with low damage output aven with ioun stone and no safe window to use my powers. Can anyone help me? What should i focus to increase my damage? power or armor penetration? Sly flourish or duelist's flurry against her? What powers? Tactics?
i don't need to tell you i only play this dungeon with my guild...
Post edited by ren047 on

Comments

• Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm more of an utility rogue in the Valindra boss fight(Our damage is shit anyway).

I unslot my "DPS" powers and slot utility and teleport ones, I'm a whisperknife so I slot Vengeance's Pursuit, Deft Strike and Wicked reminder. An additional teleport also via Hateful Knives daily. I still dish OK damage to her via duelist's flury. My friends that I regularly run with love it. Because sometimes Valindra has this broken timing of summoning eggs + choking a party member. I simply teleport over to break their Soul Casket(s). And when I'm far away (Too far away for VP and Deft strike) and someone is getting choked, I teleport to him via Hateful Knives, lower the egg's defense via Wicked Reminder and use DF on it, while the rest of my party breaks it as well.

Anyways... you're probably Master Infiltrator so slot these -> Deft Strike, Dazing Strike, and Lashing blade. Keep your deft strike ONLY for the Eggs/Caskets. If you feel you're too squishy against Valindra replace one of these powers by Impossible to Catch.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I usually use as Pandora said, Deft Strike, Dazing Strike, and Lashing blade and replace deft for ITC for the final phase (DF for at-will), If you are squashy enough that Vals bolts harm you faster than you can heal from pots or just hurt you alot, imo, use deft to minimize not-attacking time, always be on her and heal from Life Steal. (deft straight back to her after caskets fro example)
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My preferred power load out for Validra are Deft Strike, Smoke Bomb/Wicked Reminder and Shadow Strike/Lashing Blade. I use Sneak Attack to move faster. DPS in this fight is less important than manning the caskets, so anything that makes you move faster, teleport, those things go a long way. In the last phase, I use Smoke Bomb for when things get ugly.