Install Arc
Options

Unscheduled Maintenance 6-4-13, 3:30PM PDT

12346»

Comments

• Options
    me1ome1o Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was like "ah **** wanted to play" but had fun reading this thread while waiting so thank you everyone!
    And Thank you Cryptic for a game i can decide myself if its good enough to pay for or not.
  • Options
    dahkohtlewdahkohtlew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This exploit has been on multiple sites for days now , (and probably around a lot longer honestly just not publicized). Avoiding the obvious lack of Q/A to begin with , why does it take you all so long to actually react to publicized exploits ?
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dahkohtlew wrote: »
    This exploit has been on multiple sites for days now , (and probably around a lot longer honestly just not publicized). Avoiding the obvious lack of Q/A to begin with , why does it take you all so long to actually react to publicized exploits ?

Cryptic was able to respond in minutes thanks to reports which came in from our community. Remember, it takes time to code a fix. Also, tracking isnt instantaneous, its a process. It's in our best interests that Cryptic takes its time, and does it right. Its also good to see Cryptic spending the time to go after the culprits like they are.

Dont fall misinformation on 3rd party sites. We mods have a bird's eye view, and I'm telling you, from experience, they are on it.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Well I just checked the auction house... 99 stacks of Rank 5 enchant are still up there ... shouldn't the auctions be removed if the exploiter got banned ?
  • Options
    dahkohtlewdahkohtlew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic was able to respond in minutes thanks to reports which came in from our community. Remember, it takes time to code a fix. Also, tracking isnt instantaneous, its a process. It's in our best interests that Cryptic takes its time, and does it right. Its also good to see Cryptic spending the time to go after the culprits like they are.

Dont fall misinformation on 3rd party sites. We mods have a bird's eye view, and I'm telling you, from experience, they are on it.

Maybe do it "right" the first time ? As in there have been MULTIPLE exploits going on , one in particular that was in STO also , I'd counter back to you handling it "right" would be fixing this BEFORE they start selling anything. That's where they should take their time at.

Maybe they should spend more time coding correctly and testing that before implementing it in game to begin with ?

I've never seen any other major mmo with so many exploits so early.

It's amusing you applaud them for "taking their time and doing it right" after the fact and having to chase down the exploit(s), note that , multiple exploits.

I enjoy the core gameplay and paid my 200 , but I'll also say I'd rank Cryptic/PWE as the worst I've seen in regards to exploits and overall Q/A for a non indie dev.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dahkohtlew wrote: »
    Maybe do it "right" the first time ? As in there have been MULTIPLE exploits going on , one in particular that was in STO also , I'd counter back to you handling it "right" would be fixing this BEFORE they start selling anything. That's where they should take their time at.

Maybe they should spend more time coding correctly and testing that before implementing it in game to begin with ?

I've never seen any other major mmo with so many exploits so early.

It's amusing you applaud them for "taking their time and doing it right" after the fact and having to chase down the exploit(s), note that , multiple exploits.

I enjoy the core gameplay and paid my 200 , but I'll also say I'd rank Cryptic/PWE as the worst I've seen in regards to exploits and overall Q/A for a non indie dev.

No no, that is not how it works. NO GAME is exploit-proof in todays day and age. You cant "code it right the first time so noone exploits." All of today's major titles are privy to the same types of exploitation (no matter how tight you code it, and no matter how much you test it). Fixing exploits is just part of the maintenance and upkeep of these type of games.

Blame the exploiters, not the fine folks who develop the game and work hard to ensure quality entertainment and seemless play. What matters is the talent and tenacity of the developers.. and the eyes and ears of the community that get details to them so they can act fast. They were right there this time. There is no way it could have been handled any better.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
This discussion has been closed.