test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unscheduled Maintenance 6-4-13, 3:30PM PDT

Comments

• swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    leshil40 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, those that used this exploit are sitting pretty with loads of AD on mules just like the last "Emergency" exploit.

Just wondering but how could they even track this down if people weren't being obnoxiously obvious about it?

Personally trade a ward to a second account, use what are probably hundreds of shards in the guild bank (Judging by ours. And we are a small guild, I balk at what these massive ones could have sitting in there), sit on them and don't sell a single one until the 'fix' is in. Then hugely profit over time.

It just doesn't seem like they can track movements that well to get the people who weren't going ballistic on the AH.
  • elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cheefaa wrote: »
    you all seem to think im so mad and need fresh air, **** would i be mad for? i just came to ask why anyone would get banned for nothing, if your trash at programming stay trash at it, if im good at ways around your trash programming wellllllll again whos fault is that?

That would depend...

1. Did you find this bug and report it without abusing it?

2. Did you find this bug and report it and continue to abuse it?

3. Did you find this bug and not report it and did abuse it?

4. Did you find this bug and not report it and not abuse it?

If you answered yes to 2 and 3 then you are at fault. If you answered yes to 1 and 4 then you are not at fault.
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • abrahxisabrahxis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sir, you should probably read what was posted before responding to mine with pure ignorance. I dont believe I stated ANYTHING about them resetting. And I would like to know where you get the term "soft launch", is that something you made up?
  • cliffwalkercliffwalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    word brooooooo, did u get me chat banned for looking for a party? are you gonna answer any of my tickets? k so i dont miss you either peace. Case and point why you never let a community control anythinggg for your product you get people like, well you people.

I'm guessing by "you people" you meant those of us who can spell, and have some semblance of grammar?
    Eat your dessert first, for life is uncertain.
  • deezyredeezyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you all seem to think im so mad and need fresh air, **** would i be mad for? i just came to ask why anyone would get banned for nothing, if your trash at programming stay trash at it, if im good at ways around your trash programming wellllllll again whos fault is that?

This mentality can be associated with an anarchist who views banks as being at fault for being robbed because they didn't have bullet proof tellers!

YOU sir, are an idiot!
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just one more thing: Honestly, give the company a break. They've given you a pretty good game of Dungeons & Dragons; the reason they have this in beta is for people to give them suggestions and help fix things.

While I'm not one of those few here screaming and raging and flipping over tables, I would like to point out a few things in your reply to them...

1.) This is "Open Beta", but there is no wipe, and they're happily taking people's money. So what's the the point in calling it a beta if it's acting like a launch? No skin off my knees since I don't spend money here, and since I've come to expect downtime in any early stage of an MMO.

2.) The reason they have this beta is to make money. Don't fool yourself for even a second about that. They're a for-profit company, so that's their focus. They're earning money right now. They need to cover their costs and make a profit. Nothing wrong with that. But don't pretend this is some sort of community effort or Kickstarter or Indie-go-go project.

And Cryptic won't make any money directly from me, but they'll benefit from my time spent making quests, since that is free content for them to let their customers play.

While I agree with your sentiment, let's at least put things into a proper perspective.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • insomeatinsomeat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Oh come on, it's obvious that it's not supposed to work that way and 99% of the people EXPLOITING didn't just stumble upon it by accident, they read or heard about it and jumped on the bandwagon and made the decision to "game" the system and make lots of AD. Why is that so hard to understand?
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ok i never said u had to exploit it, i just said if you happend to figure this out cause i mean, it dont seeeeeeeeeeeeeeem all that hard to stumble across, you honestly would drop your 3 key coal wards in? If so gratz on living such a wonderful life your all like mother teresa. I commend you all, meanwhile the rich get rich and well hey atleast your commendable.

We play the game for fun, and yes I spend cash on it.. About 700$ or so.. why? because I am smart and have a great job and I also enjoy this game a great deal. Now someone like you whom is destined to be a lifetime loser will try to cheat and steal his way through life and will never amount to anything which is why you are so upset over this situation. If you did not cheat, then why so angry?

I will be sending in a ticket saying you have admitted on these forums to using exploits.. Enjoy the banning. maybe you can use your leet hacker skills to unban yourself? Lol
  • ilkofamnesiailkofamnesia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you team for putting a fix into play, much appreciated.

As far as falling into the world...that is what /kill me and injury kits are for. :)

@Cheefaa, please stop poopin on the thread...thank you.
  • uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    joe0705 wrote: »
    Numerous exploits where no one benefits except those who abused it and STILL no reset. I wouldn't be shocked if the population drops significantly.. This has to be the final straw.

honestly idk how ppl did this exploit but im happy since i was able to buy the items i needed at decent price.. even tho someone did get rich off it zzz

2ndly think they would lose more community to a mass ban again.. most community is use to this drama
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • only1hero1only1hero1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cryptic your a joke honestly, is this the exploit that was posted and left on forums hours? Is this fix for the all the abuse people have on chat system or partys? or just bring server down with no information again and see ya when we see ya. You clearly have no idea what your doing little fish company.

Why play if they suck?
  • paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok i never said u had to exploit it, i just said if you happend to figure this out cause i mean, it dont seeeeeeeeeeeeeeem all that hard to stumble across, you honestly would drop your 3 key coal wards in? If so gratz on living such a wonderful life your all like mother teresa. I commend you all, meanwhile the rich get rich and well hey atleast your commendable.

Of course, if it was you losing out, you would probably be one of the loudest yellers... Most People who think like you about stuff like this, are the biggest whiners when they are losing.... The goal is to win WITHOUT cheating.... cheating just means you ain't good enough....
  • yojimbodegreedyojimbodegreed Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I'm not one of those few here screaming and raging and flipping over tables, I would like to point out a few things in your reply to them...

1.) This is "Open Beta", but there is no wipe, and they're happily taking people's money. So what's the the point in calling it a beta if it's acting like a launch? No skin off my knees since I don't spend money here, and since I've come to expect downtime in any early stage of an MMO.

2.) The reason they have this beta is to make money. Don't fool yourself for even a second about that. They're a for-profit company, so that's their focus. They're earning money right now. They need to cover their costs and make a profit. Nothing wrong with that. But don't pretend this is some sort of community effort or Kickstarter or Indie-go-go project.

And Cryptic won't make any money directly from me, but they'll benefit from my time spend making quests, since that is free content for them to let their customers play.

While I agree with your sentiment, let's at least put things into a proper perspective.

Hm..after looking over my post and this a few times (more like once) I have to agree with you. This game does sort of seem like it is in launch phase, not beta phase. Probably the only money I'll contribute to this is if I get birthday or christmas money, then I might use it to get a special mount or something, other than that: nope. as you said with expecting downtime, same here. I wasn't planning to be playing this 24/7, so I'm perfectly fine if they do a maintenance. I have plenty of other stuff to do.
    I've yet to try any of your quests, but I may, especially since I like the idea of the Foundry, being free content for players to make and play.
    Thanks for correcting me, anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paneth48paneth48 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    ya well when its all said and done i know your kind you all live said useless pathetic lives no womens nothin so enjoy gettin your grammer right and ill enjoy ummm another game.hahahahhahah ****in losers XD i would 100% bet your all little <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ugly ****s. with nothin better to do then check my grammer hahaha

This just in, the ladies like people who can 'grammar'. Anyway enjoy your next game I guess.
  • deezyredeezyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ya well when its all said and done i know your kind you all live said useless pathetic lives no womens nothin so enjoy gettin your grammer right and ill enjoy ummm another game.hahahahhahah ****in losers XD i would 100% bet your all little <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ugly ****s. with nothin better to do then check my grammer hahaha

Idiot status now confirmed
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    joe0705 wrote: »
    Numerous exploits where no one benefits except those who abused it and STILL no reset. I wouldn't be shocked if the population drops significantly.. This has to be the final straw.

Not the final straw for me... but I don't understand what part of wipe they are not getting. Start from 0 and give everyone their packs and zen back - and then cat-erday and whatever this is, can be forgotten. All we the players want is a fair playing field and for the drama to be between guilds for land and power - not exploiters v. quasi- innocent players.

I know that not everyone likes this- but it is the only way to really reset the field.
    AND as for dev/gm's I know you are working hard but... 'fair playing field' is something more and more people believe cant be delivered.

deezyre wrote: »
    Idiot status now confirmed
    LOL well said -
    paneth48 wrote: »
    This just in, the ladies like people who can 'grammar'. Anyway enjoy your next game I guess.
    LOL - Well responded, could not have answered him/her better. We can now get on.
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Lol at cheefa getting whacked with the ban hammer!
  • cliffwalkercliffwalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Actually, I'm happily married and have been for 5 years now. I'm a postal carrier, and in no way hurting for funds. I have raised and am still raising 5 children. My wife is disabled, but we get no disability check from the government because she doesn't want to be a "legal addict" to pain medication. Now that you have a few more facts, how about a time out little guy? You obviously need nap, now go on and tell your mommy to get you your juice and lay down in your basement "apartment." Mmmkay? She'll be in in a few minutes to tuck you in. Buh bye!
    Eat your dessert first, for life is uncertain.
  • yojimbodegreedyojimbodegreed Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    um learn to read? maybe
    *Sigh* You're still here? I thought you said you were going to play another game.

Or you did...and got kicked from the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stocklorestocklore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All you people that keep saying the game is free stop QQing about everything im guessing are welfare babies nothing is free someone is paying for the game or it would not be here for anyone to play u think they are really gonna keep a game like this up and running and it be free take your blinders off and look at the real world plz
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    um learn to read? maybe

I don't think anyone on the planet could fully comprehend the gibberish you type. Well maybe another person in a similar mind-state as you are.
    edited June 2013
    um learn to read? maybe

um maybe reread what you type before you hit post?
    Dragon Shard:
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just wondering but how could they even track this down if people weren't being obnoxiously obvious about it?

Personally trade a ward to a second account, use what are probably hundreds of shards in the guild bank (Judging by ours. And we are a small guild, I balk at what these massive ones could have sitting in there), sit on them and don't sell a single one until the 'fix' is in. Then hugely profit over time.

It just doesn't seem like they can track movements that well to get the people who weren't going ballistic on the AH.

Same thing what I was thinking. A smart exploiter would just exploit to get the normal version of enchants, say normal vorpal, and sell each one for 900k AD easily. Just buy four lessers to fuse into normal, sell on AH, rinse & repeat.
  • nolabeastnolabeast Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    at what point in any of my post did i ever say i used it? oh wait your all busy being ****ing ******bag losers to read.

YAY I'm gonna use at least 1 ****ing swear in each of my posts to look cool and relevant just like you!
  • quinidquinid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Who cares. The point is the maintenance made me listen/talk to the girlfriend when she got home. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
  • walacemg123walacemg123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nice manutence
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This game does sort of seem like it is in launch phase, not beta phase. Probably the only money I'll contribute to this is if I get birthday or christmas money, then I might use it to get a special mount or something, other than that: nope. as you said with expecting downtime, same here. I wasn't planning to be playing this 24/7, so I'm perfectly fine if they do a maintenance. I have plenty of other stuff to do.

Yeah, pocket money and such. I was very tempted after I got into the Foundry and saw what I could do with it. Very tempting, but I'm resisting that urge, lol. :)
    I've yet to try any of your quests, but I may, especially since I like the idea of the Foundry, being free content for players to make and play.

I haven't published my first one yet. ;) Weeks in work and I'm 5/8 of the way done (8 modules within one map, 5 done). But when it's done you might see it posted on the Foundry forums.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • wolfsong84wolfsong84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nice manutence

-.- Really...?

Between you and Mistah Cheefaa, we've got ourselves a regular English literacy panel.
  • aznp33nrocketaznp33nrocket Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    Well yes, that makes you a cheater and you should be banned.

lol I know right? I'm hoping that Cheefaa guy is just being sarcastic...
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    Same thing what I was thinking. A smart exploiter would just exploit to get the normal version of enchants, say normal vorpal, and sell each one for 900k AD easily. Just buy four lessers to fuse into normal, sell on AH, rinse & repeat.

Repetitiveness and large sums of currency. EVERYTHING YOU DO IS RECORDED!
    Dragon Shard:
This discussion has been closed.