test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WOW conspiracy?

1235»

Comments

• mitotemitote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if they wanted to keep me they should have added engineer rocket mounts back in WotLK when we originally asked for them,

That would have saved the game!
    Too bad now Blizzard is dieing (despite making 50-70 MILLION EUROS/MONTH).

Ohh the irony, one small engineering mount would have saved them...
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    WoW has such a large base of fanbois that the game is not in any danger of dying, regardless what an outspoken minority might want you to believe.

I dislike WoW. I don't want to play WoW. I think it is outdated garbage.

However to sit here and pretend the game is going to die would just be ridiculous.

I would check the age group of the people who think WoW is dying. I would guess most of them are know-it-all teenagers / early twenties.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Every mmo forum I have read has people talking about how the game is going to fail/die etc. I wouldn't place any weight on such comments; they have nothing to do with wow, its just the way people are.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mike Morhaime once said that WoW captured a very small percentage of gamers and the vast majority didn't stay past level ten....by your "logic" WoW is fail too.

WoW has what ? 5 million ? 8 Million ? 10 Million ?

Startrek has what 200 K ?

How many people are Star Trek Fans ?

How Many are Fantasy Gamers ?

Some how I don't think you have made a point.
  • schwoffinsschwoffins Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    DDO fans have nothing to fear from this game. DDO represents as close as you could get to real DnD as you can in an MMO setting. Neverwinter is about as close as you can get to the Streetfighter series in an MMO setting.
  • ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    WoW has what ? 5 million ? 8 Million ? 10 Million ?

Startrek has what 200 K ?

How many people are Star Trek Fans ?

How Many are Fantasy Gamers ?

Some how I don't think you have made a point.

What percentage of Star Trek fans are gamers of any sort and what percentage of those are MMO gamers ? Without that information your comparison is irrelevant.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    What percentage of Star Trek fans are gamers of any sort and what percentage of those are MMO gamers ? Without that information your comparison is irrelevant.

Just ignore him guy he is the king of hyperbole.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ya'know, sometimes when I log onto the forums and see what goes on here, it's almost as if it's all about a different game. All the anger, bickering, all the tears! Just not there when I'm inside the game.

Some of you people need to relax! Unless you're getting paid to do this, you are putting way too much work into it.

And for the actual shills, wow man, you are the used car salesmen of the industry, parasites on the inventions of people who will always be better than you. Never able to show pride for what you spend your hours doing. So, losers, is this what you envisioned for your careers? :rolleyes: Doing the work of dinosaurs? Mutually assured mudslinging on the image of every studio all of your employers own. That's not exactly brilliant. It is indeed one of the dumbest ideas your employers have come up with.

Ever lay awake at night and wonder why studios are buying themselves out or going indie from the get-go? Ever wonder why some of the PC gaming industry's most revered veterans, masters of the cult classics within their genres, are turning to kickstarters rather than turning to your employers? That's a loss of faith right there, no other way to explain it.

THIS is how your employers are dealing with that and with each other? Forum posts??? ROFL!

Sad, desperate dinosaurs; watching the comet explode above their heads. Corporate greed and corruption hasn't done me any favors as a gamer and I'd shill for all the indie studios for free if meant making you annoying bozos go extinct faster.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    To be fair, both sides are full of hyperbole.

Non American Non very good at English person here so sorta confused about this HYPERBOLE thing. Isnt it some sort of big sports event in the US ?
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Non American Non very good at English person here so sorta confused about this HYPERBOLE thing. Isnt it some sort of big sports event in the US ?

Yes.
    AND IT IS THE GREATEST SPORTING EVENT THAT HAS EVER EXISTED OR WILL EVER EXIST.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »

Well the point of the post was to demonstrate that WoW percentage comment was irrelevant.

But, ok put it another way, Star Wars is considered a complete FAIL, which do you think has better numbers Star Wars or STO ?
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    Well the point of the post was to demonstrate that WoW percentage comment was irrelevant.

But, ok put it another way, Star Wars is considered a complete FAIL, which do you think has better numbers Star Wars or STO ?

Well considering that the budget for EA's marketing department could pay the wages of at least the STO devs for a year I'd say Star Wars. However Star Wars was only considered a failure because EA put unrealistically high expectations on it and were expecting to draw large numbers from the IP alone. Cryptic on the other hand had a far better knowledge of what too expect and were able to put a realistic budget on the game.

Being perfectly honest, knowing the time restrictions Cryptic had in which to launch and the fact that they needed to put everything by CBS they pulled off a miracle in the fact that they launched a playable game at all, let alone one that was as good as STO was at launch.
  • lostraclostrac Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've never played WoW before and I do believe this game will die sooner rather than later.
  • tyr216tyr216 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you don't enjoy WoW, don't play it. If you don't enjoy NWO, don't play it. You shouldn't be so desperate to have your opinions validated by your peers. The truth of the matter is that nobody cares, whether they agree with you or not. #foreveralone, #everyheadisaworld, #stfu, #endrant
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey there everyone,
    I have been a bit demoralised over all the negative comments on the forum as I don
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • yablorkinyablorkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pointing the fingers at a "WoW Conspiracy" is almost a conspiracy in and of itself.

I've been around MMO's for quite awhile now. EverQuest for 8.5 years, then WoW for another 5(and counting) and now checking out Neverwinter (enjoying it enough to actually drop the $$ for the Hero's of the North).

All the message boards have their trolls and doomsayers. Heck, the Verant boards(before Sony took them over) has the nickname "Whineplay". Nothing really productive comes out of those people and if you get involved with them in "battles" about the only thing it will accomplish is to turn your brain to mush and sour the game for you.

I generally like to lurk on forums and just search out the useful gems. Helpful and/or funny comments are always welcome but rude ones aren't worth my time.

Even the in game chat goes through this. There are a lot of moronic comments but there are also a lot of helpful people. I know I've always managed to get some decent answers to my newb inquiries and have also hopefully helped others as well. Sometimes I'll fire off the info to someone in a /tell, especially in the enclave where the text can flow fast sometimes that they might miss a general response.

Where am I going with this? /shrug...dunno...I kinda started rambling and lost my train of thought :o