test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WOW conspiracy?

Comments

• imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    naryllfiel wrote: »
    All purple gear can be purchased for a price on AH, and debunks the idea of making your own gear, etc.

In F2P Rift, raid level gear will be available through the cash store. I much prefer Neverwinter's approach because the gear you can buy with AD at least comes from other players.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • nadaclosnadaclos Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol afraid of what??? Neverwinter is dying, but not because a conspiracy, is dying because the game is not working. The agro is not working,unbalanced classes, P2W instead F2P, you name it and why do you think criptyc does???

Yeah more content for the ZEN market wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.....

That is why this game is sucking so bad and is a shame, because the combat system is really refreshing and cool, but with boring bosses, unfunctional gameplay and 0 care from the devs, this game is going to die very soon.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wctp0wacko wrote: »
    Most anti-posts are kids mad because they didn't get a participation trophy yet.

Yeah, the possibility we have serious concerns about a game we want to like isnt possible at all. we're just jealous of your massive epeen.
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    In F2P Rift, raid level gear will be available through the cash store. I much prefer Neverwinter's approach because the gear you can buy with AD at least comes from other players.

er, no it wont. Blues at best. Theyve made it quite clear you have to raid for raid gear.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    Which is silly, how many people actually read a forum before trying a game?

I often check the server/shard forums before making a character there. I've been burned too many times.

imivo wrote: »

"The best items in the game will always have to be earned"

Hmm.
  • lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I play them all..... WOW, RIFT & SKYRIM are going on line for free, i dont care what people post or say about NeverWinter
    because i play what i like & spend as much money as i like................ And all the games are there for my enjoyment & 2pass the time.
    Last night i tried Vanguard...................post what u like even if NW dosnt go anywhere i dont care because the Forgotten Realms will now & in the past or future make money from just selling their novels & who gives a SH-- if WOW has 13million players.....Even Rome stopped growing....................................................................................................................only time will tell.................
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    The only thing I'm concerned about is that NWO has pretty much proven the average MMO gamer of the modenr day could be handed a **** sandwich on a platter, told its an exclusive 50 dollar ingame mount, and they'd gleefully pay for and eat it while ignoring the fact they were eating <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

If anything, I imagine other MMOs should be concerned that theyve created an environment where white knights that deluded exist.

You should stop talking.
    edited June 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    You should stop talking.

ooh, an internet tough guy. scurreh.
  • drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    Hey there everyone,
    I have been a bit demoralised over all the negative comments on the forum as I don

... Wow, the forum ate my reply.

Summary:

These forums are the same as every other mmo forum. Every game is dying. "Insert the next MMO to be released" will kill the current game. Positive threads are by fanboys. Criticisms are haters and/or wow wrathbabies.

Ignore the forums outside of patch notes and or scheduling. Play the game if you enjoy it, leave if you don't
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys have you seen whos in charge of WoW these days.

The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nepht wrote: »

Just about...you can tell when the old guard (Metzen Pardo Didier) talk about the game these days they get that they are pimping what use to be a epic fantasy world to Hipsters and Soccer moms, I mean how can the company that gave us wrath gate and is now reduced to this not be embarrassed?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • cimos21cimos21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WoW has been dieing for years, and games have been stealing WoW players for years. It also deters or convinces people to play new games, "WoW-Clone" gets attached to something and people stay away from the game or gravitate to it based on what that phrase means to them. There is probably a level of "WoW Conspiracy" as you call it, going on in ever forum for every MMORPG since 2008. Although WoW still has a lot of subs, its essentially dead, many of the people subbing to it play it because they cant let go....most of them dont exclusively play WoW, most of them play other games just as much.

Now...is that what is going on here? Maybe to an extent, but mostly I think this game is losing people fast is:
    (1) F2P models get a lot of people to play at launch, and then a lot of people quit a month or 2 later - F2P gets people to play that wouldnt otherwise even try the game, and thus those people are more likely to quit

(2) Bugs/Exploits - this game has had more gamechanging bugs/exploits than most MMO launches...which given the fact that the economy is linked to B2W, turned a lot of people off. I think the 2 days of server time down during primetime during the AH exploit also turned a lot of people off.

(3) Revenue Structure - Everyone knew going in that this game was F2P, with a cash shop...but was announced as not being Buy 2 Win. In the beginning it seems this way, as you search through the zen store u see mostly bags and mounts and cosmetic stuff. But by the time you get to level 60 and play some end game, you find out the Nightmare Lockbox scheme (super high drop rate, cant get keys unless bought with Zen, announcement anytime anyone on any server gets a mount to make it look easier to get). Then you start realizing that everything in the game is BOE...which means more of a diablo style economy where you roll on things you dont need, sell/trade them for items you need. Fair enough, the game has ARPG aspects....but then you find out that the only way to trade AD is through the AH, that gold is only useable for buying potions, and that Zen actually buys a lot of crafting components such as wards and other things that ARE necessary to craft. Every corner you turn around in this game, there is something subtle that requires you to use their AH or spend AD to remove enchantments, etc....removing AD from the market. The less AD there is in the market, the more people will have to buy Zen, etc. Actually it is set up very subtle, sneaky, and sly. I have to give them credit, their revenue structure was very well though out, and integrated into several aspects of the game. It turns a lot of people off however, and is not a long term revenue structure. More and more people will quit as they recognize the revenue structure and in the long term, people arent going to want to spend money because they are forced to. In my exp, people elect to spend money in cash shops in games because they are having fun and dont feel bad supporting the company, not because they feel forced to in order to be competitive. In addition, the cash shop items are way too much, $30-$50 per pet, or per companion? Really? And the only companions that provide their entire stats to the user (best comapions IMO) cost $25-$30, and are hardly obtainable through the game.

(4) Not enough end game - Say you made it through the first 3 reasons like me, and dont mind spending money in the cash shop on a F2P game like me....then you get to this point where theres nothing to do. You beat all the dungeons, pvp everyone gets 2shot, and theres no raids, hell, there isnt even a place to farm the main currency (AD) at a reasonable rate. Basically, I've gotten to the point where theres nothing to do besides repetitive dungeons that have WAY too much trash, and every boss fight is the same for me (CW) ....use aoe to build Action Points, cast Arcane Singularity, rinse repeat.

And in a long and probably somewhat offtopic rant, that is why people are leaving the game...and yes they are, I am watching people leave that I played with since Open Beta launch. Given the fact that the game is free though, they can get people to come back by doing the following:

PvP - Make it bearable - not getting 2 shot by wizards and rogues....add in better/harder to obtain rewards and titles, more incentive to play

PvE - Make it easier to get your own loot in dungeons so people dont ninja you (i would say make most stuff BOP, but they wont do that, BOE is part of their revenue structure...see rant above for details)

End Game - Make some other stuff to grind at lvl 60 whether it be factions, better ways to grind AD, or more emphasis/incentive on doing foundry content

Fix Bugs / Exploits - They are actually doing this slowly, and arent doing a bad job, there were just too many bugs, and their economy structure incentivized hackers and such to find as many exploits as possible.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just about...you can tell when the old guard (Metzen Pardo Didier) talk about the game these days they get that they are pimping what use to be a epic fantasy world to Hipsters and Soccer moms, I mean how can the company that gave us wrath gate and is now reduced to this not be embarrassed?

Must be a strange day when I find that I agree with stormdragon lol. Excpet for the hipster part, I'd say the that demographic would be the vanilla WoW and D2 fan as opposed to the mainstream garbage they're churning out now. But I was a hipster before hipsters were cool. :D
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nepht wrote: »

The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

The CSM?

Uhhh.... I don't think that picture represents what you think it represents. LOL. :confused:

Now I could understand if you said you thought the CSM was in charge of TSW. ;)
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Isn't that the "smoking guy" from X-Files? I don't watch much TV. :D
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    WHY, is this thread still on the GD main page? and not in the lower depths? :/
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    He turned out to NOT be Fox's father. (Just another one of the CSM's conspiracies.) Although Fox's dad was involved with the Sindicate too.

He was Agent Jeffrey Spender's father, though.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    WHY, is this thread still on the GD main page? and not in the lower depths? :/

Because it's an amusing break from the usual doomcrying.
    edited June 2013
    Because it's an amusing break from the usual doomcrying.

Which only serves to aid in giving ammunition to the extremist minority by creating a hypocritical double standard...
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cimos21 wrote: »
    WoW has been dieing for years, and games have been stealing WoW players for years. It also deters or convinces people to play new games, "WoW-Clone" gets attached to something and people stay away from the game or gravitate to it based on what that phrase means to them. There is probably a level of "WoW Conspiracy" as you call it, going on in ever forum for every MMORPG since 2008. Although WoW still has a lot of subs, its essentially dead, many of the people subbing to it play it because they cant let go....most of them dont exclusively play WoW, most of them play other games just as much.

Now...is that what is going on here? Maybe to an extent, but mostly I think this game is losing people fast is:
    (1) F2P models get a lot of people to play at launch, and then a lot of people quit a month or 2 later - F2P gets people to play that wouldnt otherwise even try the game, and thus those people are more likely to quit

(2) Bugs/Exploits - this game has had more gamechanging bugs/exploits than most MMO launches...which given the fact that the economy is linked to B2W, turned a lot of people off. I think the 2 days of server time down during primetime during the AH exploit also turned a lot of people off.

(3) Revenue Structure - Everyone knew going in that this game was F2P, with a cash shop...but was announced as not being Buy 2 Win. In the beginning it seems this way, as you search through the zen store u see mostly bags and mounts and cosmetic stuff. But by the time you get to level 60 and play some end game, you find out the Nightmare Lockbox scheme (super high drop rate, cant get keys unless bought with Zen, announcement anytime anyone on any server gets a mount to make it look easier to get). Then you start realizing that everything in the game is BOE...which means more of a diablo style economy where you roll on things you dont need, sell/trade them for items you need. Fair enough, the game has ARPG aspects....but then you find out that the only way to trade AD is through the AH, that gold is only useable for buying potions, and that Zen actually buys a lot of crafting components such as wards and other things that ARE necessary to craft. Every corner you turn around in this game, there is something subtle that requires you to use their AH or spend AD to remove enchantments, etc....removing AD from the market. The less AD there is in the market, the more people will have to buy Zen, etc. Actually it is set up very subtle, sneaky, and sly. I have to give them credit, their revenue structure was very well though out, and integrated into several aspects of the game. It turns a lot of people off however, and is not a long term revenue structure. More and more people will quit as they recognize the revenue structure and in the long term, people arent going to want to spend money because they are forced to. In my exp, people elect to spend money in cash shops in games because they are having fun and dont feel bad supporting the company, not because they feel forced to in order to be competitive. In addition, the cash shop items are way too much, $30-$50 per pet, or per companion? Really? And the only companions that provide their entire stats to the user (best comapions IMO) cost $25-$30, and are hardly obtainable through the game.

(4) Not enough end game - Say you made it through the first 3 reasons like me, and dont mind spending money in the cash shop on a F2P game like me....then you get to this point where theres nothing to do. You beat all the dungeons, pvp everyone gets 2shot, and theres no raids, hell, there isnt even a place to farm the main currency (AD) at a reasonable rate. Basically, I've gotten to the point where theres nothing to do besides repetitive dungeons that have WAY too much trash, and every boss fight is the same for me (CW) ....use aoe to build Action Points, cast Arcane Singularity, rinse repeat.

And in a long and probably somewhat offtopic rant, that is why people are leaving the game...and yes they are, I am watching people leave that I played with since Open Beta launch. Given the fact that the game is free though, they can get people to come back by doing the following:

PvP - Make it bearable - not getting 2 shot by wizards and rogues....add in better/harder to obtain rewards and titles, more incentive to play

PvE - Make it easier to get your own loot in dungeons so people dont ninja you (i would say make most stuff BOP, but they wont do that, BOE is part of their revenue structure...see rant above for details)

End Game - Make some other stuff to grind at lvl 60 whether it be factions, better ways to grind AD, or more emphasis/incentive on doing foundry content

Fix Bugs / Exploits - They are actually doing this slowly, and arent doing a bad job, there were just too many bugs, and their economy structure incentivized hackers and such to find as many exploits as possible.

Excellent summary. It's a shame some people decided to go all non sequitur after you posted it.
    edited June 2013
    Which only serves to aid in giving ammunition to the extremist minority by creating a hypocritical double standard...
    mechjockey wrote: »
    Excellent summary. It's a shame some people decided to go all non sequitur after you posted it.

Relax. :rolleyes:
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well lets see the franchise is Star Trek. It has an enormous built in fan base, that will literally buy any kind of junk you can think to sell them. Tribble anyone http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ac6e/ ?

Somehow I think just getting by doesn't cut it.

Just getting by?

They've announced record players, have login queues at the anniversary and for a day or two following major updates, STF queues take mere minutes to pop, they've more than tripled their dev team, were able to afford contractors for the recent update, did I mention that the recent update introduced an entire new faction, a new adventure zone, some of the best design work I've seen in an MMO from both the artwork and story, an entire new class of ships, an entire new line of ship equipment and a new reputation with unique rewards.

To call what you said an understatement would be an outright lie.
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Just getting by?

They've announced record players, have login queues at the anniversary and for a day or two following major updates, STF queues take mere minutes to pop, they've more than tripled their dev team, were able to afford contractors for the recent update, did I mention that the recent update introduced an entire new faction, a new adventure zone, some of the best design work I've seen in an MMO from both the artwork and story, an entire new class of ships, an entire new line of ship equipment and a new reputation with unique rewards.

No the bridge dwellers already explained those weren't actual people..it was cryptic padding the numbers.:rolleyes: The reality is most devs right now would kill for STO or Neverwinters numbers both in log in and profit.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Just getting by?

Lets see they started as a sub model, lost most of their subs. They are now F2P so just what does "record number of players mean"

Star Trek is watched by 10s of millions of people daily and they haven't even managed to capture 1% of that ? well done.
    edited June 2013
    Lets see they started as a sub model, lost most of their subs. They are now F2P so just what does "record number of players mean"

Star Trek is watched by 10s of millions of people daily and they haven't even managed to capture 1% of that ? well done.

Mike Morhaime once said that WoW captured a very small percentage of gamers and the vast majority didn't stay past level ten....by your "logic" WoW is fail too.
  • elthuzarelthuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Neverwinter has more in common with Diablo 3 than it does with WoW. I think Blizzard is more concerned with new and upcoming games making Titan look bad, since they just scrapped the majority of their project and shifted their expected launch to 2016 Source

Every MMO since 2005 has had disgruntled WoW players arrive and trash it though. I assume most of these people had not played MMO's prior to WoW so they don't know what to expect unless it is a carbon copy of WoW with a different ip. Then they complain that it's too much like WoW and go back to their disgruntled lives playing the same game and falling into a pit of self loathing and despair. I feel sorry for WoW players, it must be hard to be stuck in a 9 year old game, with the graphical quality of a zoomed in Warcraft 3.
  • pilfropilfro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Most people who go to forums don't have questions or they only ask a couple when the game launches.
    2. People who like a game, don't go to forums because all they can say is- I really love your game. Why would they do that every day.
    3.All that leaves is the complainers and doomey gloomers and tin foil hat people. And the people who think reading game forums is important when its not. These are the people who step in to defend the game.

General is never the pulse of the game, or I should say- you will never know if its the pulse of the game. If the game sucks, the forums will tell you the game sucks, if the games good, the forums will tell you the game sucks.

I'm here because i''m dumb and think being on the forum is somehow helping me pass the time. It doesn't.

Its logical for forums to be negative because that's what it cant help but attract.
    Its the same with most forums, its not just a video game thing.
    Go to any news forum and 90% will have commentators bashing the article, bashing the writer "This is news?"or bashing a commentator. Its what it attracts, its functioning properly.
    edited June 2013
    elthuzar wrote: »
    Neverwinter has more in common with Diablo 3 than it does with WoW. I think Blizzard is more concerned with new and upcoming games making Titan look bad, since they just scrapped the majority of their project and shifted their expected launch to 2016 Source

Every MMO since 2005 has had disgruntled WoW players arrive and trash it though. I assume most of these people had not played MMO's prior to WoW so they don't know what to expect unless it is a carbon copy of WoW with a different ip. Then they complain that it's too much like WoW and go back to their disgruntled lives playing the same game and falling into a pit of self loathing and despair. I feel sorry for WoW players, it must be hard to be stuck in a 9 year old game, with the graphical quality of a zoomed in Warcraft 3.

Lol appeal to ridicule fallacies aside (which your post is full of) ultimately we can't, or at least SHOULD NOT compare WoW to NW.
    NW hasn't even gotten ONE major content update.. WoW has years on it and has done what this game has to do many years ago, and probably repeatedly.

If this game is any way similar to WoW's early expansions, then I'd question why. Given that it's been a long time since then.

Also, why do folks these days seem to think that a game should be solely judged based on it's graphics?
    League of Legends isn't exactly "Dripping in beautiful graphics" but still manages to be the most played game on the planet...
    Always reminds me of a funny comic when I read about graphics...

1c227c9c2c6b98b1facad88e23dad156.jpg
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    It is true that exwow players will go into forums and bash games it's happened in every title that's launched last year and this year that happened to have the letters mmo in front of the other acronyms (RPG,FPS) if it's mmo it's going to get bashed by people on the interweb.

It is also true that WoW might be looking at it's end game because now they are scrambling post patch 5.3 to figure out something to add to the game that isn't there (most of which has never been there despite people asking for it for years.)

A few good examples of despirate moves on the part of the beloved marine biologist Ghostcrawler are cosmetics, solo dungeons, and open world events just to name a few.

I'm pretty much done with WoW trying to get me back, if they wanted to keep me they should have added engineer rocket mounts back in WotLK when we originally asked for them, better pet skills back when we asked for them (as a hunter), and open world content to their dead world back when we asked for it. Not now when they're on their last leg and they're losing customers. Same goes for every other Dev out there. Can't listen to your players when they all ask for the same things then why ask and don't bother adding it to the game years later in the hopes that someone might come back. spsssh.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, why do folks these days seem to think that a game should be solely judged based on it's graphics?

Because they are young and didn't grow around 8-bit graphics. They actually think 'kiddy graphics' is an insult.