test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Red dragon at end of fire dungeon needs to be made easier please!

losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Pretty much a repeat of the green dragon and wolf den. Way to hard, needs to be toned down.

This is just the regular dungeon not heroic. I could understand more if this was heroic, yeah u want it to be hard but this is ridiculous for a normal levelling non-heroic dungeon.
"The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
Post edited by losse1 on

Comments

• Options
    visgangvisgang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    No. Its a dragon, accept the challenge. Most of this game can be facerolled, wtf is the point if NOTHING is even remotely a challenge.
  • Options
    fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    visgang wrote: »
    No. Its a dragon, accept the challenge. Most of this game can be facerolled, wtf is the point if NOTHING is even remotely a challenge.

mad dragon is a t1 that is harder than all the t2's

next.
  • Options
    bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What needs to happen with dragons is an HP cut by about a factor of 10.
    Make the attacks hit for more, add more adds, w/e, just cut the **** HP so people don't have to whack at it for an hour.
    I stopped doing any dragon-related dungeons after the first few.
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mad dragon is a t1 that is harder than all the t2's

next.

lol, if you got no coordination of course, it's not that hard once you double cleric it.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »
    lol, if you got no coordination of course, it's not that hard once you double cleric it.

i dont run double cleric and probably never will.

have fun cheesing while you can.

also, please explain to me this thing called "coordination" with an aoe that is retardedly massive.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Best part of the dragons in this game is how their "horde" is absolutely tiny :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    pizzarazzipizzarazzi Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    What needs to happen with dragons is an HP cut by about a factor of 10.
    Make the attacks hit for more, add more adds, w/e, just cut the **** HP so people don't have to whack at it for an hour.
    I stopped doing any dragon-related dungeons after the first few.

it will be way harder if the dragon did damage. right now set your rogue on it and everyone else deal with the adds

if the dragon did damage youd need your tank on it leaving the cleric to somehow deal with both groups and just a cw and gwf to deal with the pretty insane adds
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it needs nerfed a bit too. At that level I couldn't get in a group that could actually take it down. At level 60 after playing through everything but the last zone I decided to re-run it for the achievement of completing it. I breezed through most of the dungeon, rarely ever dropping below about 90% health but for maybe a second for most of the dungeon. I don't think I used but maybe one healing potion pre-boss, and that was at the pit fiend. Then I hit the boss. After a frantic *hour* fighting the **** thing, using constant pots and charges from the caturday stone of health, I died. The boss had only lost about half health. For there to be that much of a difference between the boss and the rest of the dungeon something is off. I get that it's supposed to be a challenge, but that's getting a little ridiculous.
  • Options
    karandordaockarandordaoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Karrundax (sp?) is easier than mad dragon. The adds aren't nearly as hard. The kobolds don't hit very hard and are easily dodged.

It's my favourite boss fight.
  • Options
    rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree, tbh the instance itself is harder than Karrundax, which is quite easy. The kobolds hit like kittens. Mad Dragon is ofc completely mad for t1, and about medium difficulty for t2. If you can't handle Karrundax, gl with the rest of t2.
  • Options
    asphidonasphidon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Karrundax is simply my favorite boss because of the ease. The dungeon overall is smooth. 30-40 minute runs with an exceptional group makes it a good, relatively quick dungeon. If you have THAT much trouble with with it not even epic, you should really assess your group composition...
    15.jpg
  • Options
    pizzarazzipizzarazzi Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    rhymfaxe wrote: »
    I agree, tbh the instance itself is harder than Karrundax, which is quite easy. The kobolds hit like kittens. Mad Dragon is ofc completely mad for t1, and about medium difficulty for t2. If you can't handle Karrundax, gl with the rest of t2.

...karrundax corrosponds with hotenow and is way higher level that the rest of the instances

spider temple and dread vault are the only ones 'higher' than it
  • Options
    losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, well then i really wish they wouldnt let a group finder full of pre 60s run the place. 56 is way to low.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • Options
    slyteshslytesh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's one of the easier bosses lol. More like the only accuratly balanced dungeon I'd say. There 1-2 things to adjust, like lowering the hp a bit since beating him all the time is a bit boring, but besides that it's pretty ok.

Take a look at castle never if you want to fix something.
  • Options
    teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Karrundax is actually one of the easiest bosses in T2s (now the trash mobs before him are awful). We did it with 1DC (me), 2 TR, 1CW, 1 GWF.
    TR stays on the boss (Astral seal/FFlame), the rest kills adds.

The easy way is to get 2 CWs, 1 TR, 2 DC. It's a faceroll. Stack AShield, stand right next to the boss and AOE away. Collect loot.
  • Options
    submersesubmerse Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no thank you, l2p, period. Done those many many time, easy.
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I cannot say about the normal version as I have never done it normal, but as for the epic... well he's definely the easiest T2 boss that comes to mind. Well except the Pirate Pinhata maybe. Yes it has lots of hps but with any decent amount of dps they will be gone far too quickly... it is entirely possible that the "normal" boss might be overtuned for that level though, can't say. The fight mechanic itself are fairly simple though, and it has the easiest adds around in any t2 boss fight. Probably because you can't knock them off.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »
    Its not hard for solo cleric too, just need team who knows their classes and knows how to play.
  • Options
    xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bad for you if you suck at the game. many other groups killed him.
    play wow if you want absolute zero skill requirements in pve

the dragon is freeloot if you have 1 CW with you that got steal time in TAB slot for the movement speed and knows how "to blackhole-into steal time stun"> then focus the priests. BAM dafuqq is so hard with that
  • Options
    niblnibl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem with Mad dragon is not that he is hard by himself. But he has hard infinite ad-s (one, or even double these devil ladies I don't know if it even possible to "clear" infinite ads, because they probably spawn as fast as you kill them) if you add to this ads that spawn on %health (devil at 30) it makes it very, very hard.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nibl wrote: »
    The problem with Mad dragon is not that he is hard by himself. But he has hard infinite ad-s (one, or even double these devil ladies I don't know if it even possible to "clear" infinite ads, because they probably spawn as fast as you kill them) if you add to this ads that spawn on %health (devil at 30) it makes it very, very hard.

Its not, the key is to kill them asap to provide free space for cleric. Then a single cleric can easily outheal remaining adds and dragon tank.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Obviously talking about 2 different things here, im referring to level 55 to 59 version. I'm not 60 yet so havent tried the epics.
  • Options
    weeatdimsumweeatdimsum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    losse1 wrote: »
    Obviously talking about 2 different things here, im referring to level 55 to 59 version. I'm not 60 yet so havent tried the epics.

Doesn't matter if we're talking about normal or epic version. Red Dragon is really easy, especially in normal. The dragon has the same few attacks and HUGE giveaways with what he's going to do. The adds are easy. Bring a cleric along for the astral shield and it's all gravy. Just don't sit there in his face and smack away at him. It's seriously easy to just stay to the side or at his tail and he'll leave you alone for the most part. Take down the ranged adds and everything else is easily dealt with. Sometimes it's not a bad idea to stop attacking the boss for like 20 seconds to burn down a tankier add. Other than that, just don't stand in the big red, slow to hit, areas.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Karrundax (sp?) is easier than mad dragon. The adds aren't nearly as hard. The kobolds don't hit very hard and are easily dodged.

But the whole dungeon before the actuall dragon is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> horrid stunlock aoe fest piece of **** experience .
  • Options
    xxggwpxxxxggwpxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you kidding OP? The Boss is by far the easiest T2 endboss.
    Get a decent cleric and win.
    I always solo heal it and im never wiping, atleast when the dmg is fine.
    If your Cleric sucks, he dies, you wipe. Solution : take double cleric and gg
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    He's like the easiest boss in the game, lol.
  • Options
    xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

That is actually quite true... the red dragon is easy... the mad dragon is..... maddening....
  • Options
    skathynskathyn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree
  • Options
    poppitlovepoppitlove Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree about the end bosses in dungeons. It is impossible to defeat them, maybe if a cleric had more direct heals and could focus on ONLY healing then maybe, just maybe it's doable, and of course less aggro!