test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, called it on the Thank You packs. (or whatever they want to call it)

Comments

• Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Being intelligent, I realized you could level alts to level 11 and get coins on them. Being stupid, I failed to realize all of the exploits in the game and how they would effect me.

Again, this is nothing more than an example of what is going on that people are so upset about. You claim to be intelligent for creating more toons for the sole purpose of aquiring more items. That is exactly what everyone else has done that is proclaimed as "exploits". They did not create the coding that allows for this to happen. They used items and skills and quests and, and, and, and, and, and. You just happen to be a bottom feeder, exploiting the ability to create toons for the sole purpose of aquiring more items. No difference, you just aren't as greedy, or perhaps, just short sighted. Someone with more intelligence is doing this on multiple accounts. But hey. you're intelligent, everyone else is not.

Your ability to create additional toons, thereby giving u more items than intended, is hurting me. Please stop. O'wait. you won't do that, cause u are intelligent and that would decrease the amount of stuff you get.

Those of us who are even more intelligent will continue to utilize that which is allowed, until the day they choose it to no longer be a way to aquire goods. It's not the fault of the community, it's the fault of the programmers. But only intelligent people can ever figure this out. O'wait. intelligence or greed hmmmmmmmmm I wonder which it really is ? Maybe I'll take a pole.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good god. Cry me a river! Seen the news lately? Here you are b*%chin' about some stupid lost digital objects. Go talk to someone who lost a CHILD yesterday and see bow much sympathy you get. Grow up.

Pretty much, certain members of this community disgust me.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    antonn13 wrote: »
    >Decides to live in a place nicknamed Tornado Alley
    >Proceeds to complain about mass destruction & death caused by tornadoes.

You do know that for a lot of people where they live isn't a choice? Of course you don't.
  • Options
    czarnykogutczarnykogut Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?268461-So-there-are-going-to-be-thank-you-packs-but

Yep, not a single bag, respec token or even Lockbox Key in site. Just a bunch of cosmetic and semi-useful stuff. I guess that's about all I've come to expect from PWE/Cryptic...

Some people lost a LOT (not me though) in the rollback, for an exploit that wasn't even their fault and should have been detected in Closed Beta. They deserve more. Even if you can't give them that more (for whatever reason) it should be acknowledged that the players don't deserve this sort of treatment.

Anyway, I said most of what I wanted to say in the other thread, so I'm out for now.

EVERY BUG AND EXPLOIT CURRENTLY ON USE OR USED HAS BEEN REPORTED IN CLOSED BETA YET THE DIDNT FIX A <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...

Jeezz how can ppl be so stupid and deny facts. There were posted emails, tickets, videos and screenshots to prove it. Just check last rage threads in past few days... It only shows how terrible and greedy this company is!
  • Options
    brockwell009brockwell009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    Again, this is nothing more than an example of what is going on that people are so upset about. You claim to be intelligent for creating more toons for the sole purpose of aquiring more items. That is exactly what everyone else has done that is proclaimed as "exploits". They did not create the coding that allows for this to happen. They used items and skills and quests and, and, and, and, and, and. You just happen to be a bottom feeder, exploiting the ability to create toons for the sole purpose of aquiring more items. No difference, you just aren't as greedy, or perhaps, just short sighted. Someone with more intelligence is doing this on multiple accounts. But hey. you're intelligent, everyone else is not.

Your ability to create additional toons, thereby giving u more items than intended, is hurting me. Please stop. O'wait. you won't do that, cause u are intelligent and that would decrease the amount of stuff you get.

Those of us who are even more intelligent will continue to utilize that which is allowed, until the day they choose it to no longer be a way to aquire goods. It's not the fault of the community, it's the fault of the programmers. But only intelligent people can ever figure this out. O'wait. intelligence or greed hmmmmmmmmm I wonder which it really is ? Maybe I'll take a pole.

Thank you. I've been thinking of a word to describe these kinds of players. Bottom feeders.
  • Options
    sumeragisansumeragisan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much, certain members of this community disgust me.

Welcome to a F2P game. I would be very suprised if you thought community would be a strong suit in this game.
  • Options
    taylorfesttaylorfest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    protoskull wrote: »
    Meanwhile 91 people (at least) die in a tornado and you complain about some virtual meaningless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in a video game. Get some perspective.

This is a video game forum for a ****ing video game.
    10mr4gl.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    EVERY BUG AND EXPLOIT CURRENTLY ON USE OR USED HAS BEEN REPORTED IN CLOSED BETA YET THE DIDNT FIX A <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...

Jeezz how can ppl be so stupid and deny facts. There were posted emails, tickets, videos and screenshots to prove it. Just check last rage threads in past few days... It only shows how terrible and greedy this company is!

Have you ever programmed anything in your life? Sometimes knowing about a bug and being able to address it are two different things, in more than one instance I have had to let things blow up in a major way before I could track down the source or sources, not saying that was the case here but it is the nature of the beast. Also developers don't just get your exploit report you sent in they get thousands, each one is supposedly as critical as the next, and sometimes the exploit or bug that you don't see and has been addressed was much more important than the one you are complaining about.

You can return to your righteous indignation now.
  • Options
    brockwell009brockwell009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Then leave! Go! Scat! Why are you still here?
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just to OP ... do not try to speak for the community in general.. speak for yourself please.
    You had no problems, you shouldnt care.
    If other people had problems, they will post or decide wether or not they found it ruining the game or not.
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to a F2P game. I would be very surprised if you thought community would be a strong suit in this game.

Honestly no there are exceptions. LOTRO, STO, even EQII all have wonderful communities...the possibility always exists a lot depends on moderation.
    Just to OP ... do not try to speak for the community in general.. speak for yourself please.
    You had no problems, you shouldnt care.
    If other people had problems, they will post or decide wether or not they found it ruining the game or not.

Yeah folks can't cry enough about their own drama they have to start crying about others...sad really.
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meanwhile 91 people (at least) die in a tornado and you complain about some virtual meaningless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in a video game. Get some perspective.

I am with your on this one Protoskull.
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wow....rabid fanboism can be disgusting. Bringing up the Tornado just to bash on someone. Luckily I am a deviant, so this entertains me...but in general society.....uncouthe my friends.
  • Options
    thehalostrikethehalostrike Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    and even more people leave neverwinter after whats inside the thank you gift is revealed... -_-
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and even more people leave neverwinter after whats inside the thank you gift is revealed... -_-

Oh yes, because they should had given a Nightmare Mount in each package, amirite? :P
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    thehalostrikethehalostrike Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Oh yes, because they should had given a Nightmare Mount in each package, amirite? :P

at least something good from the zen store or a respect token/ bag would have been nice.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey I appreciate getting anything! Free stuff for my Free Game! Woohoo!
  • Options
    hamukochanhamukochan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Having more than one character is an exploit?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hamukochan wrote: »
    Having more than one character is an exploit?

If you read back through the posts, you might have a better understanding.

He created characters for the sole purpose of aquiring more of the daily coins, proclaiming himself to be "intelligent" by figuring this out.
    While it may appear to be minor, it is the basis of all "exploits". That is what I was commenting on. Just because his "exploit" would appear to be rather insignificant, it is all perspective based. He may only be doing this on one account with a few toons, there are people who are doing this on tons of accounts. So the question is, where does the exploit start? That was the point. He is not intelligent because he figured this out, in fact, most would proclaim him to be an arrogant fool. He is boasting about doing something that is quite laughable.

Which brings us to the current exploit that caused the roll-back. This exploit had been going on since day one. So when did it start? With the person who did it for 10k AD's the person who did it for 1mil AD's or when everyone did it for billions of AD's ?? an exploit is an exploit. Just because you did it for less, or what appears to be an insignificant amount, does not mean it's not an exploit.

So who is the exploiter on account coins? This guy, who is only doing it on one or two characters, or the person who is doing it on two characters over 100 accounts ? His boastful nature is quite humorous. Hence the "bottom feeder" tag. His attempt to make himself appear intelligent in effect proved his stupidity. An exploit is an exploit reguardless of how much you get out of it.
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wanted a real pony in my thank you pack but was there one? NO! I told everyone in my guild that there was no way this company was going to be cool enough to do what needed to be done. We deserve ponies for our suffering. Or at least rocket launchers.

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    antonn131313antonn131313 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you read back through the posts, you might have a better understanding.

He created characters for the sole purpose of aquiring more of the daily coins, proclaiming himself to be "intelligent" by figuring this out.
    While it may appear to be minor, it is the basis of all "exploits". That is what I was commenting on. Just because his "exploit" would appear to be rather insignificant, it is all perspective based. He may only be doing this on one account with a few toons, there are people who are doing this on tons of accounts. So the question is, where does the exploit start? That was the point. He is not intelligent because he figured this out, in fact, most would proclaim him to be an arrogant fool. He is boasting about doing something that is quite laughable.

Which brings us to the current exploit that caused the roll-back. This exploit had been going on since day one. So when did it start? With the person who did it for 10k AD's the person who did it for 1mil AD's or when everyone did it for billions of AD's ?? an exploit is an exploit. Just because you did it for less, or what appears to be an insignificant amount, does not mean it's not an exploit.

So who is the exploiter on account coins? This guy, who is only doing it on one or two characters, or the person who is doing it on two characters over 100 accounts ? His boastful nature is quite humorous. Hence the "bottom feeder" tag. His attempt to make himself appear intelligent in effect proved his stupidity. An exploit is an exploit reguardless of how much you get out of it.
    So what you're saying is, having more than 1 character is an exploit. Got it.
  • Options
    brokensaintvxbrokensaintvx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wanted a real pony in my thank you pack but was there one? NO! I told everyone in my guild that there was no way this company was going to be cool enough to do what needed to be done. We deserve ponies for our suffering. Or at least rocket launchers.

I wanted a cupcake, but didn't get one in the pack.... so I made cupcakes instead... out of real ponies and rocket launchers.
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    So disappointing....but I'm sure the fanboys will continue to support this lame excuse for a money grab for years well after the legit players have wised up and moved on.
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I love when someone says 'there are kids starving in Africa!' or a varation like this one to silence all discussion. I mean, really, think about what you're saying and where you're saying, and what it entails for a moment.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What PW needs to do is stop listening to both extreme sides and ask those in the huge gray area in the middle for feedback.

The "the game is in beta so this excuses any possible screw up that could ever possibly happen" opinion should be flushed.
    The "anything PW does is not good enough, threatening to quit, predicting mass exodus" opinion also needs to be flushed.

The "if you dont like it leave" posts need to be erased, just like the "im quitting" posts get erased.

Then they can start listening to the folks in the middle who both offer positive and negative feedback because they want the game to get better.
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Well good! Personally I'm the last of my friends still playing. They laughed at me and the exploit situation on mumble yesterday.

The gameplay is solid, the exploits and customer service are the worst in the industry.

This, this is the best summary of Neverwinter I've seen
  • Options
    swamprat40swamprat40 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So disappointing....but I'm sure the fanboys will continue to support this lame excuse for a money grab for years well after the legit players have wised up and moved on.

lol and i suppose YOU are one of these "legit players"?
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i wanted a real pony in my thank you pack but was there one? No! I told everyone in my guild that there was no way this company was going to be cool enough to do what needed to be done. We deserve ponies for our suffering. Or at least rocket launchers.

lolololol!
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Why are you on a video game forum, in a subsection specifically designated for discussions about Neverwinter, bringing up this point? No offense, but it sounds like you're the one who needs to work on their perspective, because you seem to be confused about where you are and what kind of content you can expect to find here.

Shame on you for using a real life tragedy in a silly attempt to insult someone on the forums.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So what you're saying is, having more than 1 character is an exploit. Got it.

Burger joint or sub shop ?