test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, called it on the Thank You packs. (or whatever they want to call it)

blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?268461-So-there-are-going-to-be-thank-you-packs-but

Yep, not a single bag, respec token or even Lockbox Key in site. Just a bunch of cosmetic and semi-useful stuff. I guess that's about all I've come to expect from PWE/Cryptic...

Some people lost a LOT (not me though) in the rollback, for an exploit that wasn't even their fault and should have been detected in Closed Beta. They deserve more. Even if you can't give them that more (for whatever reason) it should be acknowledged that the players don't deserve this sort of treatment.

Anyway, I said most of what I wanted to say in the other thread, so I'm out for now.
Post edited by blazingfist on

Comments

• Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So why make a second thread about the same thing?
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    protoskullprotoskull Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meanwhile 91 people (at least) die in a tornado and you complain about some virtual meaningless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in a video game. Get some perspective.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    Some people lost a LOT (not me though) in the rollback, for an exploit that wasn't even their fault and should have been detected in Closed Beta.

The Gateway wasn't active for most of Closed Beta, so it would have been very difficult to detect something that didn't exist.
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes, this really needed a new thread. You sound like an entitled brat with your line about how it didn't effect you, but you are still whining about not getting more free stuff (under the guise of being a White Knight for those who did lose more). This is pathetic, and I hope they take this thread down.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, you're upset that the virtual goods aren't the virtual goods you wanted?
    Bet you were fun to be around at christmas and birthdays.....

Regardless, *I* think it's a pretty good pack. They obviously weren't going to pillage the top stuff from the cash shop, and the items they've included seem useful or fun to me.

Beats nothing, that's for sure.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lost 21 days of progress on celestial coins which included a coalescent ward. Screw it though, I don't really care. This game is pretty much done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    I lost 21 days of progress on celestial coins which included a coalescent ward. Screw it though, I don't really care. This game is pretty much done.

Celestial Coins have a maximum of 7 at a due time. Unless you're talking about alts...

I didn't lose any coins from any of my characters, it sounds like many people logged late.
    Characters:

• Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

How did you manage that? You can only have 7 celestial coins before they are reset to 0 whether you spend them or not.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    tully1tully1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    The Gateway wasn't active for most of Closed Beta, so it would have been very difficult to detect something that didn't exist.

You're telling me that it's very difficult to make sure that you can't bid negative numbers before you release a ****ing auction house to the public?
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?268461-So-there-are-going-to-be-thank-you-packs-but

Yep, not a single bag, respec token or even Lockbox Key in site. Just a bunch of cosmetic and semi-useful stuff. I guess that's about all I've come to expect from PWE/Cryptic...

Some people lost a LOT (not me though) in the rollback, for an exploit that wasn't even their fault and should have been detected in Closed Beta. They deserve more. Even if you can't give them that more (for whatever reason) it should be acknowledged that the players don't deserve this sort of treatment.

Anyway, I said most of what I wanted to say in the other thread, so I'm out for now.

Freeload2play opinions dont matter.
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just had a look at what they are giving us and I think we got more than I thought we would....plus the cape is cool :D
    What did you want OP? blood?
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    protoskull wrote: »
    Meanwhile 91 people (at least) die in a tornado and you complain about some virtual meaningless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in a video game. Get some perspective.

This is not a news or disaster forum. Everyone feels pain for the people who lost thier lives, but this forum is for neverwinder discussion.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The pack has a Healthstone. Enough said. :)
    Characters:

• Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tully1 wrote: »
    You're telling me that it's very difficult to make sure that you can't bid negative numbers before you release a ****ing auction house to the public?

Would have been easier to have the database flag accounts that trip a certain amount of currency. It's clearly not possible to amass 100m AD in the time the game has been running so why not have a human being look at the transactions of accounts that showed such a thing happening?
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013

38033307.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Cryptic should focus on fixing game bugs so that we can log back into the game instead of these digital gift boxes...

Neverwinter is in Open Beta and it is EXPECTED to find bugs and game imbalances which is the entire point of having this test so that they are fixed before the game is released. I can not understand why people are having such difficulty understanding this simple concept... /shrug
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How did you manage that? You can only have 7 celestial coins before they are reset to 0 whether you spend them or not.

Being intelligent, I realized you could level alts to level 11 and get coins on them. Being stupid, I failed to realize all of the exploits in the game and how they would effect me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Celestial Coins have a maximum of 7 at a due time. Unless you're talking about alts...

I didn't lose any coins from any of my characters, it sounds like many people logged late.

I'm not sure what you mean by logging in late. I woke up, logged in to do my daily praying, and logged out. The game was out all day and when I was able to log in yesterday morning, it was all gone.

As I said though, game is done for a majority of people anyway. You niche game players can enjoy your exploits for as long as you like though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    radiofr33europeradiofr33europe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They definitely should've passed out 7 Celestial Coins since the roll-back and downtime cost people their coins.
  • Options
    disneffadisneffa Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    exact thing i thought this morning when i found out about oklahoma, while i was ranting and raving about this game yesturday so many were going threw such hard times just a few states away, its a sad time all we can do is pray
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we just wait to see if the "couple other items" include celestial coin items?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure what you mean by logging in late. I woke up, logged in to do my daily praying, and logged out. The game was out all day and when I was able to log in yesterday morning, it was all gone.

As I said though, game is done for a majority of people anyway. You niche game players can enjoy your exploits for as long as you like though.

I've never exploited in this game and I won't. That's for sure. I also lost crafting progresion, 5 levels in my second character and a few more things. And I already got them back.

If losing some coins is enough to make you quit the game... Well, I hope you're ready for RL, because you're going to face some tough things. :)
    Characters:

• Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    They don't have to give us anything. It's beta. Why do people have to be so ungrateful when they are given something they didn't have before. It's a freaking game! If you don't like it leave!
  • Options
    machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why I don't hang on the forums much. Sooo much bawwwing.

Over FREE STUFF no less.

Take your adorable cat cape and ****in like it.
  • Options
    antonn13antonn13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    >Decides to live in a place nicknamed Tornado Alley
    >Proceeds to complain about mass destruction & death caused by tornadoes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    I've never exploited in this game and I won't. That's for sure. I also lost crafting progresion, 5 levels in my second character and a few more things. And I already got them back.

If losing some coins is enough to make you quit the game... Well, I hope you're ready for RL, because you're going to face some tough things. :)

If you are willing to accept a sub par product, I too hope you are prepared for real life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    LOLOLOLOLOOL, another idiot posting that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Yeah, no. Servers have been full as ever since the roll back. Does pretending that the game is dead somehow make you feel better?

Well good! Personally I'm the last of my friends still playing. They laughed at me and the exploit situation on mumble yesterday.

The gameplay is solid, the exploits and customer service are the worst in the industry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The place hit is actually not all that far from me, and I know people even closer. I am very sad for the people affected by this. And I hope they find the strength to grieve and overcome. But this is not the place or time to rub it in people's faces. Please come up with something less heartbreaking to bash on people with.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    brockwell009brockwell009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good god. Cry me a river! Seen the news lately? Here you are b*%chin' about some stupid lost digital objects. Go talk to someone who lost a CHILD yesterday and see bow much sympathy you get. Grow up.
  • Options
    brockwell009brockwell009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, that is what this generation of players want. Blood. If they do not get their shiny digital shiny objects they want the blood of the people that denied them those objects. These objects are apparently all these people care about.