test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Only getting 'Invalid username and password'

jlintheneverjlinthenever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have the client downloaded, but I get an Invalid username or password error. It also appears the server status is red, which I would believe to be down...correct? Or is this maybe indicative of a connection issue on my side? Does the client return the username error when the server is down? Or is there some secret to the username/password combo? Just mostly frustrated, so posting something here to mainly to echo that frustration.
Post edited by jlinthenever on

Comments

• devoun0hidandevoun0hidan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I get the same thing invalid username or password made several accounts to get on but same problem. Although my sever status is green.
  • cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same problem logging in on the launcher. Server status shows green.
  • saavatsaavat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here.
  • knaylesknayles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bumping because I have the same problem
  • corsar1ocorsar1o Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here... I made 2 accounts, and even change the password of 1 of them 2 times... nothing... server status is green.

more info:

I downloaded the game from the Torrent option today, and then I was getting the error:

"Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" "Trying to update the launcher. Be patient. Tried connecting 1 time."

Then I follow the steps here and replaced the .exe (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Read-the-first-post-for-solutions)

A friend told me that the game will update then... but nothing happens, and I can't connect because: invalid username or password

What's going on?
  • dirkusbirkusdirkusbirkus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this issue, the way I fixed it was to use my e-mail in the username field. After doing this, I got a window telling me to log in on a web browser and then to restart the launcher.

So, I'd suggest having a browser open in the background with your account logged in there, and then restart your launcher and use your e-mail in the username field. See if that works.
  • sablewindsablewind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this issue, the way I fixed it was to use my e-mail in the username field. After doing this, I got a window telling me to log in on a web browser and then to restart the launcher.

So, I'd suggest having a browser open in the background with your account logged in there, and then restart your launcher and use your e-mail in the username field. See if that works.

I'm gonna have to give that a shot, thanks!

I thought I would spend the night tearing my hair over this. I bought a founders' package and have been using my PW account for a number of years, you'd think it would let me login without having to change my password everytime right?
  • cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I came back to post my solution, and this was it. I think we may have been confusing the "Display Name" that we entered during account creation with a username.
  • devoun0hidandevoun0hidan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol thanks Dirkusbirkus I thought that I had already tried my email, I guess not.
  • dukarndukarn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This actually worked for me! Thanks dude!
  • grandpakytograndpakyto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sablewind wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to give that a shot, thanks!

I thought I would spend the night tearing my hair over this. I bought a founders' package and have been using my PW account for a number of years, you'd think it would let me login without having to change my password everytime right?

Worked for me.
  • gobuckeyes0781gobuckeyes0781 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah use email instead worked for me!! Thanx
  • tipseetopseetipseetopsee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I just came on the forums to express that I have the same problem, and I tried this and it worked.

Thank you very much.
  • trinaxjktrinaxjk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It doesn't work for me.. Im still getting error.. I ve made several accounts but it still doesnt work! :(
  • jarouljaroul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problems here. used my email, had the browser in the background (though imo, that doest have anything to do with it at all), nothing, still invlaid username/password. Starting to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me of big time.... -.-
  • eightgalloneightgallon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here used email password told me I need to link my account clicked on link it wouldnt let me link. GRRR FRUSTRATING!
  • fikadelifikadeli Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That worked perfectly, dirkusbirkus! Thank you very much.
  • lillith9413lillith9413 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! It worked for me :)
  • gregwithbeardgregwithbeard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what ive found, is that i cant write "@" into the username/email part, so despite i typed my email and copy-pasted my password in correctly, the @ was always missing, which i havent noticed for a while....

so i copy-pasted both, and then it worked cause it pasted the @ aswell

wierd....
  • ljst0rmljst0rm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what ive found, is that i cant write "@" into the username/email part, so despite i typed my email and copy-pasted my password in correctly, the @ was always missing, which i havent noticed for a while....

so i copy-pasted both, and then it worked cause it pasted the @ aswell

wierd....

Had the same issue.
    used notepad to type out my e-mail and password, did a copy n paste.
    worked

If I try typing it into the launcher, won't work.
  • ultimatt3ultimatt3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i've tried everything u guys said and i still can't make it
  • steelbadgersteelbadger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ljst0rm wrote: »
    Had the same issue.
    used notepad to type out my e-mail and password, did a copy n paste.
    worked

If I try typing it into the launcher, won't work.

Ahh thanks. After an evening spent trying to log in ....... finally i ve found the answer.
  • ickarusechoickarusecho Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Easy fix, delete the user name out of the user name field
    then log in with a different account (make one up if you have to)
    doesn't have to be real

Step two, after it tells you Invalid user name and pass
    simply re-type your account information correctly again.

and Walaaa....

when the game crashes it saves a auto config in the user field that is transparent to you.
    kinda looks like this #1#976239084709834 ... so yea. try that. :cool:
  • law464law464 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    again pplz Rusty Hearts
  • jphere5901jphere5901 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nice. thanks for the tip
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Closing down for necromancy.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.