test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So how much are YOU losing from the rollback?

Comments

• Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Nothing, since I stopped playing when I saw the exchange rate shoot up to 500:1 and the details of the exploit being made public. A rollback seemed the only viable response, so it didn't surprise me. There is nothing else they could have done.

I don't understand the requests for a full wipe, as this rollback will address probably most of the damage, and the rest can be sorted out more easily. I also don't understand the requests for doing nothing, because that would have left the economy and the credibility of both AD and Zen in shambles. 7 hours rollback is a near perfect compromise, in my view.

The rollback is only going to hit the tail end of the exploit. The people who have been exploiting it since the gateway went live will likely not even notice it.
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well this is only an educated guess but i farm nodes 3 hours daily and craft for about 2 hours or until the amt of AD I earned from the previous day depletes......coupled with sales from items crafted and selling raw mats in bulk...

I am guessing about 200k ad for the loss of the gaming day and about another 150k for the roll back....Loss of mats purcahsed was my biggest concern...I purchased 200 low tier crafting crystals for only 20k af and a few other rarities...those , to me, are the big loss.

It is not a whole lot but it does matter to me.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    nausumnausum Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    10 levels, 2+ hours sniping some bids because i only had 20k AD instead of 50k buyout
  • Options
    fuzzywyzzyfuzzywyzzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not really about how much I lost in 7 hours but how much I will lose in the coming months due to unfixed known exploits, brb requesting full refund.
  • Options
    leonafireheadleonafirehead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Losing about 3 levels I think, from 57 to 60. Maybe a bit more or less, I didn't pay that much attention to the time yesterday.
  • Options
    duncanmckailduncanmckail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alot of you cry and act like they took something away from you like this was real life.. Many of us will shrug and say OKay at least we didnt get wiped and once they start looking at targeted accounts maybe the economy can be repaired. alot didnt loose much because we work for a living and play this for fun a hr or 2 a day and maybe a tad more on our weekends.
  • Options
    duncanmckailduncanmckail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fuzzywyzzy wrote: »
    It's not really about how much I lost in 7 hours but how much I will lose in the coming months due to unfixed known exploits, brb requesting full refund.

LOL what refund you payed played and now want to stomp your feet and get it back...
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing much as I was at work.
  • Options
    fuzzywyzzyfuzzywyzzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL what refund you payed played and now want to stomp your feet and get it back...
    They knew the exploits existed since day one, I did not and I invested in a game I thought would be fun and now the economy is trash and won't recover what I had is no longer worth what it was originally and this is due to exploits not general decline/stabilization in economy the roll back and server down time is just icing on the rotten cake, please go.
  • Options
    deberserkerdeberserker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Loosing 2 parts of T2 pieces I bought on the Auction House. Bought some zen during that time too for real money, not sure how that's gonna work :( Also some rank 7 runes..Sad day.
  • Options
    wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loosing 2 parts of T2 pieces I bought on the Auction House. Bought some zen during that time too for real money, not sure how that's gonna work :( Also some rank 7 runes..Sad day.

Your zen will be there when things are running again.
  • Options
    jkelawljkelawl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just hope they keep track of zen transfers as I right before the server went down charged 40$ of zen..
  • Options
    hatey0hatey0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing. The seconds I saw that the exploit was as big as it was, I logged out and won't log back in until it is all sorted.
  • Options
    bagpiper619bagpiper619 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marax wrote: »
    Something like 10 levels or so.

If you made 10 levels in 7 hrs then the rollback should be seamless to you and you will be 60 by Wednesday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4 hours of leveling my cleric to 20. I am a little miffed.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the **** hit the fan yesterday I stopped playing, as a rollback/wipe was inevitable.
    So lost bugger all really, maybe a level on a lvl 10 alt lol
  • Options
    hiponskhiponsk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lost my 29 lvl wizard. So after rollback i'll have empty charlist. :(
  • Options
    ewecaniaewecania Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably two characters, can't remember. They were pretty low anyway so no biggie. Also...chose wrong shard to begin with.
    Luvia is Best Girl
    tumblr_prax0mUctH1w0vpwco1_250.png
    zaShunina [Warden] | Cadmus Imoogi [Justicar] | Shyvar Imoogi [Whisperknife] | Caelven Zepphyr [Assassin]
  • Options
    feryannferyann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seven full hours of merciless dungeon grind.
  • Options
    garrisddgarrisdd Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    nothing, customer support still hasn't returned my account from a hack.
  • Options
    magilzealmagilzeal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I saw the whole debacle on the forums before I started playing, and given that I immediately could tell that a rollback was the only way to solve this, I refrained from playing at all between 5am and 12pm.

Might've lost some crafting I did from the gateway. A few tasks. Nothing important. I'd even spent all my celestial coins yesterday.
    Rise of the Fell King - A Forgotten Realms campaign (work in progress) NWS-DS38FJ5R8
    Part One: The Fell Cavern (looking for feedback!) NW-DTWX9RBQH
    Hopefully more to come!

• Options
    xozalolxozalol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    garrisdd wrote: »
    nothing, customer support still hasn't returned my account from a hack.

Lucky you! I fu**in grinded the **** out of the Tier 2 instances and will be losing my weapon, a TON of drake seals, my ioun stone will lose all his levels, like ~ 5 epic tier 2 items, a lot of painful profession progress, and last but not least THEY lost a customer.

Here's another funny story: I posted the following ONCE in the ******* zone chat: "WTB 3 Vorpal Shards". The result was that I got 24h chat-banned since some fa***ts seem to randomly report people in the chat. I'm curious to see if my chat rights get revoked or if the duration will reset? I wouldn't surprise me.

Regarding the economy: 7 hours won't help if we see those ******* exploiters running around again in 72h, what will be most likely the case.

Thanks PWE for stealing my time.
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maybe 1M AD, I forget at what time I logged off.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Little or nothing.

I had trouble sleeping last night, so I might have been on for a brief time while the chaos was unfolding, but not long, if at all.

Today I had things to do. By the time I got home and settled in to try and play for a while, things were long since shut down and the forums in an(other) uproar about the end of the world, so I spent a while reading up on the issues and losing faith in humanity and remembering why I shy away from guilds based upon some wildly inappropriate comments.
  • Options
    koowikoowi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10 lvls from 40 to 50 on my cleric :/
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Really? I report people for chat spam the first time I see a wall of purple links to the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they should be selling on the AH. That's literally why it exists.

So you probably got what you deserved there Xozalol. Ask for a trade channel if you want to stop being reported by people like me.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    garrisddgarrisdd Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    xozalol wrote: »
    Lucky you! I fu**in grinded the **** out of the Tier 2 instances and will be losing my weapon, a TON of drake seals, my ioun stone will lose all his levels, like ~ 5 epic tier 2 items, a lot of painful profession progress, and last but not least THEY lost a customer.

Here's another funny story: I posted the following ONCE in the ******* zone chat: "WTB 3 Vorpal Shards". The result was that I got 24h chat-banned since some fa***ts seem to randomly report people in the chat. I'm curious to see if my chat rights get revoked or if the duration will reset? I wouldn't surprise me.

Regarding the economy: 7 hours won't help if we see those ******* exploiters running around again in 72h, what will be most likely the case.

Thanks PWE for stealing my time.

I wouldnt be suprised if some multiboxing troll isn't sitting around reporting people in chat just to be a ******
  • Options
    adronsonadronson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not much. I'll loose a little craft xp.
  • Options
    pastryz0rpastryz0r Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything.

Me and a friend started playing yesterday, got up to level 11 or so. We ain't got a lot of time for Neverwinter as it is, so to lose what would be an entire day of gaming for us, pretty **** major.
  • Options
    aqchrisaqchris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm losing 10 levels or half a day of work.

Seeing how I work full time I rarely get the time I want to play. And yesterday was one of those days where I actually had the time to play and now it's all getting rolled back.

Anyway I am happy that they are not whiping it, if they did I would have left.