test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Where's all the people saying how perfect and free this game is to play in open beta now? I bet all the flaming trolls were some of the same people exploiting the game, destroying it really.

I's already bead enough when ... I mean this should be the most controlled aspect of this game because it involves real world currency, and there has been a catastrophic failure. And the pricing in the cash shop was set to "gouge" while thousands of people were getting it for free.

I mean .... consequences and repercussions

Fix -ban logged accounts- eliminate AD and create a new currency. Give some some we're so sorry new currency to any legit paying customers, and try to move on. The more and more I see these forums the more and more I am so glad I did not get a founders pack and my choice on holding off feels more than vindicated.

I wonder what Forbes paid articles say about this?
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • s51000001s51000001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe would be an absolute disaster for the game and the company on a whole. They would have no option but to refund all cash spent to anyone who asks for it. They have stated many times there will be no more wipes since open beta began.

Many people who have purchased Zen may well have only done so to buy a specific item from the AH, a wipe would mean said item is no longer for sale and hence the desire to spend Zen has gone. People may have spent Zen on keys to get the horse from the boxes. The second time around they may well get a horse the first set of boxes meaning they didn't need to spend as much as they did.

The company would have to refund the full cash sum of any purchases to everyone if the wiped. This would cause the company a number of issues as i am sure they will have already spent a large portion of the money they have taken in. They only real solution is to ban those responsible and all accounts that have been accessed form the same IP address. Then just let the game continue and over time the the economy will level out again. I for one have not seen any real issue with the economy so far. As with every MMO the AH is packed full of over priced items.
  • kurokazeptkurokazept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny how in this massive post-fest there's very few posts that seem to be written by people who have stopped and thought for a while... (Oh and I'm considering posts that are also against the possible decision of rollback), then again it seems to be the most of this forums sadly, people ain't considering the game or the developers... But that's just people being selfish as always...

Anyhow, I have no idea what this bug is, as I've honestly never seen it (I usually go questin' or PvPin' soon as I login, only go AH in between waits or LoL matches), but for what I read it massively "hurt" the game... So, just throwin' it out there, but if you gotta rollback... I'm good with it, will be kinda annoying to have to repeat some stuff but that's a small price to pay to enjoy the whole experience in the future.

(Sorry for long post, I don't meant a general insult with the first paragraph, but some people sinceriously amaze me on how ... uncivilized can be)
  • poppitlovepoppitlove Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team,

Thank you for the information. I would like to know what action will be taken against the fraudsters. I would love for them to get a life ban. There has been too many criminals like these exploiting many MMORPG's and no REAL action has ever been taken against them.
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Shard wide rollback to the open beta launch date please :D

Would fix the horrid economy caused by both previous exploits and this one..
  • baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Everyone should not pay for someone elses mistake ... or Cryptics mistake ..... people who exploited should be the ones paying for the mistake not everyone who is just enjoying the game , So please consider the time people put into lvling the toons ......
  • davemingdaveming Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are f****** idiots, put your stinking feet on their shoes right now. Shayt happens so move on, you think complaining and f****** with gms and devs will make things better? Get a hold of yourselves, so what if you paid for something?? The management is is finding out ways to make things better for all of us especially you 1@#%!@! who paid $$$.
  • greg0ri0greg0ri0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you can tell specifically which character used the exploit then should receive bans as well as character roll-backs to show that you do not tolerate the use the of exploits.
  • daikiraikoidaikiraikoi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nodic3 wrote: »
    For me personally, I can accept that some people are goign to be ahead of me no matter what. I'd rather just avoid having the last however many hours of my game time erased. I had taken a day off work to enjoy the game and relax a bit, it would be a slap in the face to have it 'rolled back' :(.

Exactly!

And wait, are they really dropping the shard?
  • babizokahbabizokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really now, you guys want people who had nothing to do with exploits and were just playing the game legitimately to be punished with character wipes or rollbacks? Nothing is irrecoverable, and it's UNACCEPTABLE that wiping out or rolling back is the only solution. It's throwing dirt under the rug. I really hope they think ten times before going for a drastic measure.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full server wipe works for me. Would give me a chance to repair damage done while leveling my initial toons at no cost to me lol. Sure I'll loose progress, bank items, currency etc etc. As long as the 4 extra char slots I got are there, then the rest is just electrons and pixels anyway.
  • kethronkethron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd personally prefer a total wipe rather than a rollback. If it's a server rollback I hope they compensate us for our time lost.... maybe a few billion AD each for those who didn't exploit. Time is far more valuable than a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor ingame economy that was already screwed from day one :D
  • skrikarnskrikarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One solution is full wipe and full rinbursement of real life money to players.
  • refractionps2refractionps2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been exploiting this for weeks. LOL you guys just found out. Thank god I distributed my AD around and bought Zen slowly. I swear....It was such a good thing until someone had to blurt it out and ruin it

You're a clever man, been really careful about it. I mean you didn't go nuts and do loads at once and you made sure you didn't mention it to anybody.

Oh wait, my mistake, you just openly admitted it on the official forum, using your account. Aren't you a clever sort.

There seems to be a lot of people complaining about PW here "oh they're going to make me lose my progress, whine whine, it's all PW's fault", well, wake up. Yes there was a bug in the game, it happens in any game during development, something which they are consistently doing and patching in to the game, but some will slip through the gaps. But let's be honest, its the USERS which are to blame for any rollbacks which have to be done, not PW. If idiot users didn't exploit this, there wouldn't be a need for a rollback. PW as merely trying to save the economy from bottoming out and staying there by reversing the damage that has been done, making them out to be the evil party in this is severely misguided and ignorant.

TL;DR: Yeh it sucks, but people have been asses and exploited this bug, PW are trying to fix it and make things right again, I'm sure it won't take people long to get back where they we're. It's not like they killed your parents or anything.
  • devunmasondevunmason Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have slept 2 hour in the past 48 and im about to hit lvl 58 goddammit dont rollback the servers!
  • balstromebalstrome Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Waaa Waaa Waaaa.

Most of you folk have no clue on how to write a game, let along run a MMO for profit, God but you are a bunch of whiners.
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    s51000001 wrote: »
    A full wipe would be an absolute disaster for the game and the company on a whole. They would have no option but to refund all cash spent to anyone who asks for it. They have stated many times there will be no more wipes since open beta began.

Many people who have purchased Zen may well have only done so to buy a specific item from the AH, a wipe would mean said item is no longer for sale and hence the desire to spend Zen has gone. People may have spent Zen on keys to get the horse from the boxes. The second time around they may well get a horse the first set of boxes meaning they didn't need to spend as much as they did.

The company would have to refund the full cash sum of any purchases to everyone if the wiped. This would cause the company a number of issues as i am sure they will have already spent a large portion of the money they have taken in. They only real solution is to ban those responsible and all accounts that have been accessed form the same IP address. Then just let the game continue and over time the the economy will level out again. I for one have not seen any real issue with the economy so far. As with every MMO the AH is packed full of over priced items.

you do realize those people probably used proxies to create the illusion of the diamonds and other goods being passed around between different people and not linking those piggy bank accounts directly to them? most of the biggest exploiters are not stupid. and likely exploit in many other games and know how it's dealt with by now and what to look out for. only a 2 day rollback at the least would take the diamonds and other items from the piggy bank accounts of the majority of user of this exploit who just found out about it recently. anything less and I'm getting my money back, plain and simple. and yes, I mean getting it back. end of discussion legality will not matter to me if it came down to it.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    They need to do a full wipe. It is the only solution and would put this game off on a new start. With a wipe we can have a balanced economy and game from the start. It is the most reasonable solution to this issue. If they dont do a wipe they let exploiters win and destroy their in game economy.

PLEASE FULL WIPE AND LETS START OVER!

Just refund AD to founders and refund to zen to purchasers. Problem solved and we all move on with a better game that has the major exploits now taken care of, lets be smart about it. The game really hasnt been out long. Its better to take this opportunity to make things right early, then realise your game is ruined a month down the road from now.

Not to mention there is a poll on your own forums that a large majority of players want a full wipe. Be smart! I cant say it enough. listen to your player base here. We need a wipe and we need it now. Do the right thing.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's blatantly obvious that a 24/48/72 hour rollback is required to level the playing field...

I love this game and have invested a decent sum of real money legitimately in it through perfect world, if the exploiters who have laundered diamonds with cats & zen don't have these items/currencies removed I will be submitting a dispute with Paypal to have my money refunded asap.

I seriously hope it doesn't come to that and Perfect World have the strength to stand up to these scumbags and do the right thing by the rest of the community and especially thos who have a vested interest in this product.

I really want to continue enjoying this game for as long as possible.

PW please don't let the genuine gamers down...
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    s51000001 wrote: »

you do realize those people probably used proxies to create the illusion of the diamonds and other goods being passed around between different people and not linking those piggy bank accounts directly to them? most of the biggest exploiters are not stupid. and likely exploit in many other games and know how it's dealt with by now and what to look out for. only a 2 day rollback at the least would take the diamonds and other items from the piggy bank accounts of the majority of user of this exploit who just found out about it recently. anything less and I'm getting my money back, plain and simple. and yes, I mean getting it back. end of discussion legality will not matter to me if it came down to it.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • t3abagg3dt3abagg3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup seems fair to roll back all of us (maybe) so we all pay for the cheaters being ****** bags
  • skrikarnskrikarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One solution is full wipe and full reinbursement of real life money to players.
  • chaoticvirtuosochaoticvirtuoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe teaches exploiters that they can ruin everyone's progress and fun.
  • manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    They need to do a full wipe. It is the only solution and would put this game off on a new start. With a wipe we can have a balanced economy and game from the start. It is the most reasonable solution to this issue. If they dont do a wipe they let exploiters win and destroy their in game economy.

PLEASE FULL WIPE AND LETS START OVER!

Just refund AD to founders and refund to zen to purchasers. Problem solved and we all move on with a better game that has the major exploits now taken care of, lets be smart about it. The game really hasnt been out long. Its better to take this opportunity to make things right early, then realise your game is ruined a month down the road from now.

Not to mention there is a poll on your own forums that a large majority of players want a full wipe. Be smart! I cant say it enough. listen to your player base here. We need a wipe and we need it now. Do the right thing.
  • vulcan111vulcan111 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you do a rollback, i want all my zen i purchased originaly returned to me!
  • donkai0donkai0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As much as I hate the inevitable rollback, thinking about those who bought glitched AD from gold farms makes me smile :D
  • tommy6packtommy6pack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wipe it. No excuses. Clean server is a real hard place to hide the ill gotten spoils.
    It is far faster and far easier to go from a clean slate than it is to hand sift through all the logs and decide who did what.
    I've not even looked in the AH nor have I traded Zen/Diamonds.
    I do have both founders packs and request a wipe for the good of the economy and keeping this a legit game.
  • majken666majken666 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What they should do is wipe all Zen,AD and Items from every chara its the only way not to have a full re-roll so atleast we can keep our levels! And then they give back all the Zen ppl have been buying for real $.. Give everyone a full set of greens for there level and then this is it!
    Cos we all know we have been seeing - bids on AH for a looooong time :/
  • caldurjyohcaldurjyoh Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe the game you fools, this isn't a hard decision to make. Let me elaborate. WIPE. THE. GAME.

inb4 i havent put any time into this game.

I've played this game legit ever since release, everyday, never exploited (no foundry, no gf, no cw, no pirates, no AH). Its BECAUSE I play legitly that I support a full wipe. Reimburse the people their money and wipe. By the way, a wipe will only help if cryptic gets their act together and fixes exploits before they are discovered or AS SOON AS they are discovered. Cryptic knew about the previously existing exploits for many many days before fixing. Such game breaking exploits MUST RESULT in a server shutdown and extended maintenance. Its like this company has no idea what it's doing.

Am sorry for my ignorance and apologize ahead of saying much.
    I play this game for a couple of weeks only now and I enjoy it quite a bit. As I replied numerous times in the in game chat before, this is not a beta, it seems like a soft release of a game, which in turn also seems to be a very bad move hearing of all these exploits you mention above.
    I did not know there were so may of them and still do not know what they did ( the exploit that created this major problem now) but I agree with you.
    If there have been such acts that require the gamne to be stopped and rerolled, then as its a so called "beta" its easy to solve.
    Delete it all, people that paid money the company has the records of their transactions, so correct that by reapplying their purchase in game (i.e. zen or items or whatever they bought) and the rest start from 0.

Just my 2 cents
  • kaliscialokaliscialo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    There may/will be rollbacks of everything? Toon level progress? Crafting progress? Money progress only?
    Should I even play at this point? Or will I lose any progress? May? Will? Etc.?

This post could be so much more informative.

They're not going to give you that information right now because they're still investigating and deciding what they're going to do. I'm not entirely sure what you don't understand about that. It's really not hard to grasp. "I don't know what I'm going to do about it, so stay tuned until I do." Can't get much more forward than that. Chill. The. ***. Out.