test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this game already dying?

thedraugthedraug Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Titel, discuss
Post edited by thedraug on

Comments

• Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? Already? People are starting this stuff already? There is going to be a big influx and outflux of players in the beginning. People who like the game and stay, people who dont and leave. I wouldnt be too worried about the game dying just yet..... Especially since it isnt even LIVE yet. lol

And it's Title. Take your time there speedster. 1st to post that the game is not dying!
  • Options
    thedraugthedraug Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    do not know but it feels like a great many have already grown tired of the game
  • Options
    ruiniosruinios Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and down 25% of all Aktive players got ban :D
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People who rush to the end of any game get tired of it.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    People who rush to the end of any game get tired of it.

Pretty much this.
    The people who exploited foundries and AFK pvp to rush to level 60 are getting banned or bored. This isn't a game about grinding gear for 6 months an item. It's a game where you can hop in for 30 minutes to a few hours at a time, for 1 day a week or several, to find cool new content by your favorite quest writers.
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still plenty of stuff to do for me Since I am not rushing haha
  • Options
    supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    as a level 60 i'm still having fun, but honestly ppl who are saying that healers are not required for t2 dungeons are crazy. we need the dungeon queue fixed.

or if the intention really is to have any variety of classes in the runs. then you have to re-work the dungeons so that they don't have mass amounts of mobs with tons of health that hit really hard. the mobs make you have to have a healer.

since endgame is mainly dungeons right now, i'm begging they fix them so we don't lose the good players. the exploiters who are crying, cya.
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    nekhiinekhii Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It died when banning 25% of player base and still calling it beta.
  • Options
    jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nekhii wrote: »

As opposed to 75% quitting because nothing was done about exploiters who refuse to take responsibility and the consequences of their own actions?
  • Options
    tooonetwotooonetwo Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Sitting in Protector's Enclave waiting for a queue to pop, dodging that queue because no cleric and then relogging to lower the chance of your queue being bugged... rinse and repeat.

yeah it's pretty much dying...
  • Options
    gorillajellogorillajello Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it died around the 15th
  • Options
    kimmyjongkimmyjong Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ogarious wrote: »
    Really? Already? People are starting this stuff already? There is going to be a big influx and outflux of players in the beginning. People who like the game and stay, people who dont and leave. I wouldnt be too worried about the game dying just yet..... Especially since it isnt even LIVE yet. lol

And it's Title. Take your time there speedster. 1st to post that the game is not dying!

Live is what exactly?
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know, don't play much after I hit 60 and got my "epic" gear within 3 days. Have more fun with the foundry tools. :p

Plus in 2 days the launch the Star Trek Online expansion and that means even less time for NWO.............
  • Options
    markkkkmarkkkk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After that Exploit when ALL THE GF used to 3 shots bosses the game was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ....and now guess what ? there is no need of ****tyyy GF anymore , alot of players left allready this game , becouse of failure ,broken economy exploits and Item shop with mounts that cost 3000-4000 ZEN , and crafting is useless , fusing , enchanting grant u 1% chance of success until u buy withh 1000 zen to make it 100% including myself i leave this game and i will never come back only to check forums to see how all ppl dislike it more and more i bet that in 1-2 weeks there will be no players in this game .........im waiting for The elder Scrolls , not this ****TT
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    srsly...some people are really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - nooo people leave because all get banned...nooo people leave because exploiters do not get banned

i have news for yu - no one gives a **** about your opinion, if you want to play the game - do it and have fun, if not - get the hell out of here and dont let the door hit you on the way out
  • Options
    spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't say "Dying" I would instead say "Lacking". This game is "Lacking" in many aspects, what with Classes, Areas to explore and just content overall is low. It can be overlooked due to it being Open Beta (REGARDLESS WHAT OTHER MAY SAY.), I'm sure even back then WoW, and even Guild Wars was lacking at first when they all started and now there doing okay, some more then other but, what I am saying is everyone starts somewhere and it takes time for something like this to gain its Snowball effect. Once it starts rolling tho I feel like this will be one of the greatest MMO's of this time.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • Options
    nekhiinekhii Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    srsly...some people are really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - nooo people leave because all get banned...nooo people leave because exploiters do not get banned

i have news for yu - no one gives a **** about your opinion, if you want to play the game - do it and have fun, if not - get the hell out of here and dont let the door hit you on the way out

No.1 White Knight!
  • Options
    kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would have played more if there was more to do, i dont wanna respec beacuse alot of feats and such is bugged and the price just aint right :O. I do like the foundry but once you are lvl60, it just ain't that fun anymore (because you dont get any cool drops or such).

PVP i did enjoy a lot but you get the glory way too fast and since the maps is rather small and basic they could have added more variations at'least, so it gets rather dull fast. When it comes to the lategame dungeons they really missed the mark, why do so many exploit? maybe beacuse the fights are insane without it, a random group cant handle them. If they removed 50% of the trash and bossadds i would start doing dungeons again i guess.

I kinda want to stay and see what happens, but im not sure i will stick around to find out. There is so many "easy" fixes they could have done, i meen the patchnotes should have been massive... it feels like there is one guy handling it all.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nekhii wrote: »

Dragon is brimful with players, Zone chat is impossible to follow, chat in leveling zones is super active, the AH is stocked up well, building groups by hand takes two minutes, forums move fast, foundry quests improve in quality, my guild is very lively with good conversations, and so on. The game is very much alive. :)

If they actually did ban so many exploiters, then that is good news! Excellent news, actually. Is this confirmed somewhere?
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Game isnt dead, no shard is dead. Stop your pathetic "I'm not getting my way so I'm doomsaying" -<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and grow a spine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silky1979silky1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    game has made alot of people mad with the fact GF are broke and seem to ahve no point in the game
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I predict an accelerating decline as more and more people reach the end game and see how little there is to it. But dying? Not even close. Servers seeming less active at this point doesn't mean that people are quitting but just that they are playing less. Happens with every new MMO.

Whether you think this is a "real" beta or not doesn't matter. People are playing it and reaching the end game regardless of the title the game holds. That title protects players from boredom even less than it prevents the game from receiving criticism.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why do MMO forums attract so many people with mental or emotional problems? It's like there is a sign saying "dysfunctional freaks ---> this way ...
  • Options
    pojzonpojzon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game is not dyin, its dead for most players that gave it a shot for numerous reasons.
    There are still players like founders and carebears. It doesnt infulance new players. They can start and finish like everyone else in week.

ps. Seriously anyone thinking 1 week content would keep ppl for longer >_> This MMO and D&D name parts are here... i have no idea for what :S
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes it is.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    rood4everrood4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I downloaded Rift Lite as soon as I heard they would go free to play (was a very active Warcraft player for years but started to lose interest in the game and didn't like the subscription fee - which is pretty high imo). I just bought Rift so I could have more chars and bag slots. Kinda the same thing you have to pay for in Neverwinter, however I will not speny any money on Neverwinter until they fix the huge amount of bugs and exploits and stop with the to obvious in game 'advertising' everything is pushed towards you buying the stuff you actually need to stay competitive (wards for example).

I really do like the combat mechanism in Neverwinter, so far the best I have seen.

But I doubt I will really actively play this game (that is play about ~10-15 hours each week) until they fix the lag (I come from Europe).

So I doubt the game is dying but after the initial rush since the start of Open Beta the exciment is kinda dying down.

It doesn't really help that Cryptic/PWE doesn't announce what they are doing to improve the game.
  • Options
    forsakenkeyforsakenkey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate to say it but it has the same cheap paper doll feel as their other titles. I had such high hopes for this one to be different. Not going to open my wallet for this title either. I didnt even play 20 mins so cant really comment on the exploiters I did want to post my distaste for the game though.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    thedraug wrote: »
    Titel, discuss

nathan-fillion-reaction-gif_zpsba8f5f40.gif

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    In the past few weeks i've put in at least 35 hours into NWO. There are definitely many things that are wrong with the game as it stands. When I look at NW I see a game that has a lot of capabilities and possibilities. I am in full agreement the zen shop is extremely expensive I feel this needs to be looked at for sure. There definitely are some class quirks and lots of things that need looking at however you have to think of the perspective of the devs. Take an example of maybe a 50 - 100 person team making this small little F2P thinking maybe they'd get a thousand or so people to play this. A thousand people start playing and tell their friends and so on and so on now thousand are playing which increases tickets, wants, needs, more stress on the servers, game play ideas and revenue. Now more companies i'm sure are interested in some sort of advertising or whatever else to make money or use the game as a launchpad. The company now needs to expand while keeping the current game running, making new content, fixing the content that is broken, glitched or exploited, now take action on exploiters all while answering forums and listening to all of us in the process. This game has A LOT of potential and has time to either grow into something really really good or fall and drop the ball hard. I have given them some cash because I genuinely have enjoyed playing so far but, for me I agree the Zen store is insanely expensive and i've cut off spending until that hopefully gets price cut a bit. In a month or even 2-3 weeks i'm sure there will be a dramatic change in a lot of the issues everyone feels with this game. I for one am rooting for the Devs to pull this **** together and continue to make a good game Great. If any devs read this and would like any feedback on a developing, idea, balance, or game direction Feel free to e-mail me. I'm a current business major with 7 years of experience in management and have been playing various games and MMO's for over 10 years. I look forward to the future of NW and hopefully from hearing from some of you Devs.
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=98633707&dateline=1368527786
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problem is you can hit end game in a few days without even rushing.
    The PvP will kill this game, Cryptic hate PvP, wheres the big battlegrounds etc.
    As for PvE it has massive balance issues, stupid spawn rates right next to each other that respawn as your fighting a differant spawn due to the tiny multiplayer maps.

With some work it could be great though and upto 60 can be fun.