test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So I just watched this video...

chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pn7iU4EwTc

and there were lots of gasps and girly squeels.

Want.

Now.

Thanks.
There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
Post edited by chili1179 on

Comments

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Was it my imagination or did Squez have that "lolrp" tone in his voice when he said e-wedding?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    daosagedaosage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited January 2013
    That video kills me because you can see the Level 1 Devoted Cleric in the character select screen... Makes me wanna hop in there and just click on it to see some details!
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    From what I hear, we gonna need alot of Cleric's .... Just sayin.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow I just watched this, it really is an amazing system.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Yea Foundry is the single greatest innovative feature to ever hit the MMO genre. So glad it's being done in a Fantasy Universe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well as far as i know guys that made one of the best looking pc game Witcher2 will release same thing called "Redkit". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-CEQFvsiTs

What I hope that foundry will do is allow you to create your own rooms or map. Second think which is important and where Foundry really shine is option to have "non linear quests". (8:00)
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    pherephattapherephatta Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    syfylis wrote: »
    Well as far as i know guys that made one of the best looking pc game Witcher2 will release same thing called "Redkit". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-CEQFvsiTs

What I hope that foundry will do is allow you to create your own rooms or map. Second think which is important and where Foundry really shine is option to have "non linear quests". (8:

Witcher2 is a single player game. There is really no point in comparing a single player game to an MMO in terms of graphics, because single player games do not have to render other players, so they are inherently less restricted as the designers can control what is being rendered pretty much at any point in the game. With an MMO, you have to have plans for rendering lots of players in place for every location, which limits the ceiling of graphical quality.

Also, single player games releasing content creation tools is hardly new. The new is such a robust content creation tool in an MMO. I know you love the Witcher2, but it's really not applicable as a comparison to an MMO.

Thanks for the link, chili1179! I'd somehow missed this! This video makes me want to be playing Neverwinter right now. I just can't wait to get my hands on that Foundry... :D
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If Witcher were multiplayer and the editor could do that...sorry NW my new master would have been calling ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nice, I had seen this quite some time ago, but couldn't actually focus on watching at that time. The Foundry is what really has me interested in NW, and this just gave me the boost I needed to keep a positive attitude while waiting for more info.
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Yup watched it again lol...LET ME IN ALREADY !!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Just asking based on quest editor can send player to different map just by making other choice and can we set time in which some quest must be done to success?

33kel5d.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2013
    The sad part for me now is, I might spend most of my time in the foundry instead of the game. I feel that most of my online friends are from WoW and do not have the D&D background that I have so they may not get into this game as much as I will, so the foundry might be a way for me to entice them into the game, knowing they will be playing something I created.

I do have a question though, will we be able to add text to books for adding lore into our projects? Not entire novels mind you (even though that would rock :P) but just a few pages of flavor.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    The sad part for me now is, I might spend most of my time in the foundry instead of the game. I feel that most of my online friends are from WoW and do not have the D&D background that I have so they may not get into this game as much as I will, so the foundry might be a way for me to entice them into the game, knowing they will be playing something I created.

I do have a question though, will we be able to add text to books for adding lore into our projects? Not entire novels mind you (even though that would rock :P) but just a few pages of flavor.

What i would do if I could is to give a 0.01% chance to drop book with someone nickname and in that book there would be links to foundry mission. There should be also rule that you need at least 20 comments for 3 foundry mission in order so your book start droping.

33kel5d.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2013
    I just want to add books to shelves with little PC bios of characters from my previous campaigns who could possibly make an appearance in a future adventure of my creation.

I literally have notebooks full of characters with background stories and history of adventures they were part of. I would like to share some of that with the NWO crowd.

I guess I will just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    pherephattapherephatta Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    I just want to add books to shelves with little PC bios of characters from my previous campaigns who could possibly make an appearance in a future adventure of my creation.

I literally have notebooks full of characters with background stories and history of adventures they were part of. I would like to share some of that with the NWO crowd.

I guess I will just have to wait and see.

You could always add dialogue to an NPC if you can't have books. Instead of turning pages, the player just says something.
  • Options
    trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    WoW, if thats the reason of delay, its worth it.