test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The reasons your game is dying already:

marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just so there is no confusion as to why this game died so soon PWE, here it is in black and white.

1. Dailies in PvP (broken)
2.Afking in PvP (broken)
3.Class Balance in PvP (broken)
4.Farmable boss exploits in Pve(still borken)
5.Gf 1 shot bug still in game (still borken even after patch)
6.Astral Diamond generation practically non existent since Boss loot/Drake loot is farmable in a cpl hours(Prices have dropped by as much as 75% in 1 week on most t2 loot farmed from Pirate inclusing drake items)
7.Pvp not joining bugs leading to have to log out continually to remedy(Infuriating and still broken)
8.Lack of endgame content 1 BG type and repeating the same lvling dungeons on "epic" mode(lazy devs).
9.Total lack of communication or acknowledgement from PWE comes across as arrogance/indifference.

I gave this game a go even after hearing how terrible PWE are, i thought id make my own mind up. All i can say is i am very dissapointed and will not be playing another of their games,let alone be spending the hundreds i have with them in the future.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    colluzioncolluzion Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    I don't see any point in posts such as these. The issues you are referring to are nowhere near the current problem with the game. The game is in beta for good reason... The development of software goes in a linear order for good reason, and your post makes little to no sense when considering that point.

To understand why your argument is invalid, you must first understand exactly what beta means.

A beta is the first version of the software which is being produced that has been released outside of the company. This means that the framework of the game has been released, and that they are now focusing on completing the game before adjusting problems which don't require immediate attention (such as extremely broken exploits like Pirate King or the quest power leveling exploit). When a Beta test starts, their main focus is to gather data on these bugs, not on unbalanced classes, afking or worrying about using certain skills in pvp.

My point is that threads like these are wasting your own time, being that they will likely be ignored until deemed necessary. Try helping them focus on important things, not what makes you cry in PvP.

--

PvP Balance is amazing, I have played three classes in PvP and while yes, some things seem to be unbalanced, the PvP is fun and can be extremely competitive. Each class in Neverwinter has their own properties that make them 'unbalanced', but that's what makes them fun. Why have a game that is exactly like every other? Why have a game where Clerics wear cloth and never take aggro(though I think this is broken... haha)? Why have a game where Tanks can't do insane DPS? Why have a game where every class is exactly how it is expected?

My point is that Neverwinter is unique, unbalanced and incredibly buggy, but it is ridiculously fun. Each class in PvP has their own abilities that make them stronger than other classes, and capitalizing on that is what makes the PvP balanced.

--

Though I do agree with some of your points, I think most of your post is filled with ignorance, incompetence and inability to understand software life cycles. One of those points would be the lack of communication that has been shown. Though some devs have posted on the forum, very little information is being given. I forgive this due to the incredible amount of traffic that is being experienced (and the abundance of whiny little girls on the forums), though it does seem that some things become habbit. If lack of communication becomes a serious problem, Neverwinter will likely become less successful than predicted.

I'm willing to give credit where it is due, and so far, so good. PWE has done a pretty amazing job so far addressing glitches, and people who are willing to exploit this (several people were banned for exploiting certain things).

--

The main thing that seriously irritates me about your post is your condescending tone which you so blatantly showcase. Assuming that a game is 'dead' two weeks after it's soft/open beta release is arrogant and childish. Seeing how Neverwinter has already amassed several streamers, viewers, bloggers and people willing to spend time giving the game an amazing review is proof enough to any idiot that the game is doing great.
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The game is certainly dying and that isn't some hyperbolic or over dramatic statement.

The biggest reason why it's dying is that there are a number of ways to exploit this game as the OP mentioned but lets recap:

1. The Foundry Exploit. This allowed a huge chunk of the population to hit 60. Before you saw a handful of people who played a lot the first few days hit 60 and over the weekend 2 weeks ago basically you had a boat load of people now 60. That delay of taking a few days was pretty bad.

2. PvP Gear. Basically PvP gear has undervalued the point of a lot of level 60 Epics offering gear that's somewhere past T1 epics and somewhere before T2 epics. This basically let people bypass almost all the content requirements as a full set of PvP gear takes almost no time to gain and yields well over 9000 GearScore. All those new 60's had a very easy way to gear out and just dive head first into the content with minimal effort. Worse, because PvP gear is sellable, it has basically allowed individuals who do farm PvP (either with AFK exploitation or regular) to basically get absurdly rich for virtually no effort.

3. BOE Epics. Because all gear is BOE, basically you don't need to work at all to get your gear. However since most people aren't willing to spend a stupid amount on most pieces of gear, this has basically crashed the level 60 gear market. For example every class there's always level 60 high end gear under 10000 diamonds (which is nothing). This basically screwed over the economy into the ground where some extremely rare items are absurdly priced (millions) and everything else is basically worthless.

4. Bad Item Design. The BOE epic problem is furthered hindred by the fact there's many terrible, terrible item designs on item sets. This floods the markets with epics that no one wants and people who aren't educated yet actually buy only to find out later they will need a different set instead for the "best" set. There's no side grade choices, there's clear winners for each class at what's best and everything else is worthless.

5. Game mechanic abuses and exploits. Finally the most damning piece is basically they let exploits and rampant mechanic abuse go unchecked for way too long. For example the Guardian DPS bug. Totally absurd it wasn't immediately removed. People have been using 2 Clerics to make content super easy mode for weeks now. That's weeks of groups that just farm content without risk at all. That's insane. It simply attributes back into 3 and 4 and the valueless end game gear. Allowing these kinds of mechanics to basically make your game easy mode and gives people free reign of your content.

All of those reasons do one important thing: They lower the life span of your game. Foundry lets people hit 60 in no time. PvP gear provides a super fast avenue to gear out. BOE epics provide an easy avenue to gear out. Bad Item design provides an easy avenue to gear out. Game mechanic abuse provides an easy avenue to gear out. With gear being the primary end game goal (get T1, get T2, get T3) and that goal being so easy to obtain it won't be long before people are sitting around wondering what it is they are supposed to do. As neat as Foundry content is, there's no character advancement there.

If they want to keep responding slowly that's fine and their call, but the game will suffer for it.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    boykibaroboykibaro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @colluzion

From what i've heard/read the devs said they tried to fix bugs before open beta(this open beta is just like a title but the full game is aleady out) so these bugs should've been fixed already when they were doing test b4 going open beta

pvp isnt fun when 7 out of 10 games there is AT LEAST 1 afk-er which usually means that team has lost, cleric is the most bad balanced class, it tanks better then guardian fighter, when he is around you cant take anybody down and he cant solo like 4 guys at a time for quite a long time...that not balance or fun at all...

btw you are like 1 in 100 people that say it is good,balanced, fun and stuff other people also think stuff are broken and need to be really fixed just like this post says, despite its way of saying it:P people found a bug 90% of players exploite it,thus ruining the game

idk about the game dying cause it just came out and still can e saved, but lots of times devs dont really look at these things, hopefully the PWE devs will try fixing stuff
  • Options
    dromirisdromiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I disagree with this game being dead. and none of you must know what its like to develop a game. ITS ****ING HELL. its stressful and there is always those whinny kids who tell you your game sucks and that its "dead". listen... the best way to help finish a game is a open beta. it gives you several hundreds of people who can give you feedback of what is honestly "unbalanced" and help you find bugs. if you dont like how this BRAND NEW game is developing go somewhere else. ALL games have stupid bugs and *** hole people who afk. dont blame the game for the pvp afkers, blame the stupid people who afk for free glory. and if you would actually read patch notes you'd realize that their fixing the people who afk, putting in a report afk option and fixing the gf tear 2 bug that lets them 1 shot ****. also.... the next thing their fixing is the dungeon loot system. give it time. WoW eventually got thousands of quests and ALL kinds of **** you can do. it takes time. you cant expect so much from people who are working themselves to the bone to fix one bug at a time. Do you even realize how much code they have to rewrite when something goes wrong. hell!!!!! they still need to work on sever stability. NEVER CALL A DEVELOPER LAZY YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH TIME THEY PUT INTO A GAME! THEY WORK THEIR *** OFF TO GET THE PAY THEY DO. THEY DESERVE OUR RESPECT NOT OUR RESENTMENT. once they have the game up to speed i cant wait for the new in game content... like higher level cap... more dungeons xD more gear/classes/races!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dude of course they will fix it eventually. its their job to do it, have some faith
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dromiris wrote: »
    I disagree with this game being dead. and none of you must know what its like to develop a game. ITS ****ING HELL. its stressful and there is always those whinny kids who tell you your game sucks and that its "dead". listen... the best way to help finish a game is a open beta. it gives you several hundreds of people who can give you feedback of what is honestly "unbalanced" and help you find bugs. if you dont like how this BRAND NEW game is developing go somewhere else. ALL games have stupid bugs and *** hole people who afk. dont blame the game for the pvp afkers, blame the stupid people who afk for free glory. and if you would actually read patch notes you'd realize that their fixing the people who afk, putting in a report afk option and fixing the gf tear 2 bug that lets them 1 shot ****. also.... the next thing their fixing is the dungeon loot system. give it time. WoW eventually got thousands of quests and ALL kinds of **** you can do. it takes time. you cant expect so much from people who are working themselves to the bone to fix one bug at a time. Do you even realize how much code they have to rewrite when something goes wrong. hell!!!!! they still need to work on sever stability. NEVER CALL A DEVELOPER LAZY YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH TIME THEY PUT INTO A GAME! THEY WORK THEIR *** OFF TO GET THE PAY THEY DO. THEY DESERVE OUR RESPECT NOT OUR RESENTMENT. once they have the game up to speed i cant wait for the new in game content... like higher level cap... more dungeons xD more gear/classes/races!!

Yeah you're stupid. Where did anybody call the developers lazy? It doesn't matter if they took 50 years to create this game. Just because they put in all their time and effort and get PAID to develop a game doesn't mean they are excused from not fixing game breaking bugs. And I assume all these people saying "developers" means the people who published and are in charge of keeping this game running: PERFECT WORLD.

Here are the worst game publishers in the history of gaming: NCSOFT, PERFECT WORLD, GRAVITY, and Sony Online Entertainment.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    man here you are insulting me.. . and yes they called them lazy scroll up. also they are fixing the bugs, read patch notes. but im not going to argue with you im just going to agree to disagree and drop the subject
  • Options
    sotsotzaiisotsotzaii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    And so, goodbye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'd rather not be alone, because I value friendships more than anything else.
    Proud to be a part of
    Graviora Manent
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arktourosx wrote: »
    The game is certainly dying and that isn't some hyperbolic or over dramatic statement.

The biggest reason why it's dying is that there are a number of ways to exploit this game as the OP mentioned but lets recap:

1. The Foundry Exploit. This allowed a huge chunk of the population to hit 60. Before you saw a handful of people who played a lot the first few days hit 60 and over the weekend 2 weeks ago basically you had a boat load of people now 60. That delay of taking a few days was pretty bad.

2. PvP Gear. Basically PvP gear has undervalued the point of a lot of level 60 Epics offering gear that's somewhere past T1 epics and somewhere before T2 epics. This basically let people bypass almost all the content requirements as a full set of PvP gear takes almost no time to gain and yields well over 9000 GearScore. All those new 60's had a very easy way to gear out and just dive head first into the content with minimal effort. Worse, because PvP gear is sellable, it has basically allowed individuals who do farm PvP (either with AFK exploitation or regular) to basically get absurdly rich for virtually no effort.

3. BOE Epics. Because all gear is BOE, basically you don't need to work at all to get your gear. However since most people aren't willing to spend a stupid amount on most pieces of gear, this has basically crashed the level 60 gear market. For example every class there's always level 60 high end gear under 10000 diamonds (which is nothing). This basically screwed over the economy into the ground where some extremely rare items are absurdly priced (millions) and everything else is basically worthless.

4. Bad Item Design. The BOE epic problem is furthered hindred by the fact there's many terrible, terrible item designs on item sets. This floods the markets with epics that no one wants and people who aren't educated yet actually buy only to find out later they will need a different set instead for the "best" set. There's no side grade choices, there's clear winners for each class at what's best and everything else is worthless.

5. Game mechanic abuses and exploits. Finally the most damning piece is basically they let exploits and rampant mechanic abuse go unchecked for way too long. For example the Guardian DPS bug. Totally absurd it wasn't immediately removed. People have been using 2 Clerics to make content super easy mode for weeks now. That's weeks of groups that just farm content without risk at all. That's insane. It simply attributes back into 3 and 4 and the valueless end game gear. Allowing these kinds of mechanics to basically make your game easy mode and gives people free reign of your content.

All of those reasons do one important thing: They lower the life span of your game. Foundry lets people hit 60 in no time. PvP gear provides a super fast avenue to gear out. BOE epics provide an easy avenue to gear out. Bad Item design provides an easy avenue to gear out. Game mechanic abuse provides an easy avenue to gear out. With gear being the primary end game goal (get T1, get T2, get T3) and that goal being so easy to obtain it won't be long before people are sitting around wondering what it is they are supposed to do. As neat as Foundry content is, there's no character advancement there.

If they want to keep responding slowly that's fine and their call, but the game will suffer for it.

1) Foundry - I leveled to 60 and did only a couple of foundry quests. I'm sure a lot/some of level 60's used the exploit, but it got fixed, right?

2) PvP gear - I'm clueless, but if it's due to an exploit, they'll fix it.

3) Markets - will be markets, eventually it will hit a sweetspot.

4) Item Design - again, the market will take care of this, and I'm sure that when the game goes live (it's still Beta, remember) more gear will come out.

5) Exploit Abuse - Always a top priority, but basically as with your other complains, it looks to me like it all revolves around your own impatience. Which is odd, since you're also complaining people levelingl up too fast.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Yeah you're stupid. Where did anybody call the developers lazy? It doesn't matter if they took 50 years to create this game. Just because they put in all their time and effort and get PAID to develop a game doesn't mean they are excused from not fixing game breaking bugs. And I assume all these people saying "developers" means the people who published and are in charge of keeping this game running: PERFECT WORLD.

Here are the worst game publishers in the history of gaming: NCSOFT, PERFECT WORLD, GRAVITY, and Sony Online Entertainment.

also man, you missed my whole point.. developing games is a stressful and very difficult thing. they cant just refresh the game like you can refresh a web page it takes time and lots of money. if you think their so bad than why are you on their forums? but seriously i dont want to argue with you. im done. peace
  • Options
    flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dromiris wrote: »

I read all of these well thought(and written)-out posts and then I come down to this one. What a mess, I skipped this post.
    Also, I agree 100% with arktourosx and the OP. It would be nice if they would address issues more often, give us an update, etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    flakeless wrote: »
    I read all of these well thought(and written)-out posts and then I come down to this one. What a mess, I skipped this post.
    Also, I agree 100% with arktourosx and the OP. It would be nice if they would address issues more often, give us an update, etc.

its four in the morning cut me some slack. I'm not a organized person when tired
  • Options
    flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    k
    10char10char
  • Options
    pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's funny that PvP is always the first thing to be listed in a "reasons your game sucks" thread. PvP is not what the game is designed around, and PvPers really REALLY need to learn that ASAP.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think it's funny that PvP is always the first thing to be listed in a "reasons your game sucks" thread. PvP is not what the game is designed around, and PvPers really REALLY need to learn that ASAP.

Well.

Nine out of ten time thats what people go for in my experience with mmo's. I personally enjoy the pvp in neverwinter. I have yet to see a class that's truly unbalanced in pvp. All classes, so far, can either 1 shot or 2 shot you with the right combo.

It's up to the player to know how to handle himself in those situations.
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PvP is fine.

You can dodge almost everything except a CW's Grasp rotation and a TR's Daggerstrikethingy (although i was up against a pre made in bg who literally dodged 8 of these in a row, all whilst i was in stealth) but it's not really a problem.

The problem comes when you get mother*****ers that know how to play too good. That's when you get the problems.

Goddam CW's though are way easier then TR to play. After playing both I literally just have to plan the distance between me an my target, and then Grasp - DPS - AOE - CC - DPS - dodge - dodge - dodge.. (because having 2 dodges is too mainstream) then repeat.

TR its like - Stealth run up to target - bait them to dodge - silence - flurry - panic - run to group - hear *twink twink ding* get one shotted by a CW - Lie down - try not to cry - Cry alot.
    Heh no its more - stealth - run up to CW - Do a WTFWOAPOWLOL Crit - throw some daggers like a crazy mofoha - and people usually die.

Edit*
    I forgot to mention that there no problem with losing in pvp. You literally get points for losing so the only thing lost is EPEEN. :mad: OF WHICH I HAVE TONS.

Edit*
    I was joking as well bout the easy to play bit - to avoid any flame ( i burn easily ) All classes have their challenges.

But seriously dat grasp is like Long distance R4pe.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    e11z wrote: »
    PvP is fine.

You can dodge almost everything except a CW's Grasp rotation and a TR's Daggerstrikethingy (although i was up against a pre made in bg who literally dodged 8 of these in a row, all whilst i was in stealth) but it's not really a problem.

The problem comes when you get mother*****ers that know how to play too good. That's when you get the problems.

Goddam CW's though are way easier then TR to play. After playing both I literally just have to plan the distance between me an my target, and then Grasp - DPS - AOE - CC - DPS - dodge - dodge - dodge.. (because having 2 dodges is too mainstream) then repeat.

TR its like - Stealth run up to target - bait them to dodge - silence - flurry - panic - run to group - hear *twink twink ding* get one shotted by a CW - Lie down - try not to cry - Cry alot.
    Heh no its more - stealth - run up to CW - Do a WTFWOAPOWLOL Crit - throw some daggers like a crazy mofoha - and people usually die.

Laughed my *** off at this
  • Options
    lazerglovezlazerglovez Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc54 wrote: »
    Just so there is no confusion as to why this game died so soon PWE, here it is in black and white.

1. Dailies in PvP (broken)
    2.Afking in PvP (broken)
    3.Class Balance in PvP (broken)
    4.Farmable boss exploits in Pve(still borken)
    5.Gf 1 shot bug still in game (still borken even after patch)
    6.Astral Diamond generation practically non existent since Boss loot/Drake loot is farmable in a cpl hours(Prices have dropped by as much as 75% in 1 week on most t2 loot farmed from Pirate inclusing drake items)
    7.Pvp not joining bugs leading to have to log out continually to remedy(Infuriating and still broken)
    8.Lack of endgame content 1 BG type and repeating the same lvling dungeons on "epic" mode(lazy devs).
    9.Total lack of communication or acknowledgement from PWE comes across as arrogance/indifference.

I gave this game a go even after hearing how terrible PWE are, i thought id make my own mind up. All i can say is i am very dissapointed and will not be playing another of their games,let alone be spending the hundreds i have with them in the future.

Do you seriously think that the devs havent made this same list plus some at the studio? What do you think happens at a game company? Do you think they play games all day? Because I can assure you that they do not.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ia good addition to the game would be some sort of buff or personal enchantment you can ONLY get through some serious grinding. that would help kill the whole pay to win scenario some.
  • Options
    nahelanahela Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something I noticed today is that the need/greed system doesn't care what class you are, it expects players to just use the honor system and not roll need on things that are listed as unusable. Yeah that doesn't work, at all.
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    4) Item Design - again, the market will take care of this, and I'm sure that when the game goes live (it's still Beta, remember) more gear will come out.

And I got to this point and stopped taking anything you had to say seriously. The game is live. It's released. You can keep calling it a beta, but there'll be zero more wipes and you are playing the released version of the game. It is no different than any other MMO Launch that's occurred in the last 14 years. Even the Perfect World game website shows the game as released and live.

This is probably the most brilliant plan I've seen anyone ever do so my hats off to Cryptic. People for years have joked how released games were basically paying for beta. Here they label the released game as a beta, and watch everyone make excuses for your live product under the pretense it's a beta as if somehow magically anything will be different when they stop calling their released game beta. Never seen any company capitalize on the stupidity of others this well before, bravo.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do you seriously think that the devs havent made this same list plus some at the studio? What do you think happens at a game company? Do you think they play games all day? Because I can assure you that they do not.

I think we all know they are 100% aware of the problems. No one's really confused on that point. In fact I'm pretty sure they're working overtime and really working hard on the game in general looking to address these issues. However working extremely hard now doesn't really absolve them of past mistakes that are now affecting the game:

They didn't have a real open beta. I'm talking about the phase where you let however many people hammer away at your servers and let them run rampant in your game system before wiping it all. This lets you iron out server stability issues so your first month of fixes aren't doing nothing but addressing massive lag, server crashes, and otherwise. Also since people can rarely help themselves, they usually end up exploiting which you can catch. This was a marketing decision to push Guardian/Hero packs on people in order to play the limited game tests instead of a design decision to ensure the healthiness of their game.

MMO design is pretty simple. The first month or two is going to be addressing server stability issues and rampant game mechanic abuse that you didn't forsee when designing your game. Therefore you want to have the leveling process take around two months before your players hit the end game on a casual player. Anything that allows them to bypass that time frame needs to be shut down instantly. They should have put a kill switch on the Foundry the second an exploit was found and being used. The short term disruption of people angry it's disabled can be easily assuaged by explaining it's to stop an exploit which most people will understand and goes long towards the health of their game. People have continued to abuse game mechanics to find easy routes to gear as well (double cleric astral shield, guardian fighter/wizard damage bugs, pvp gear glory farming, etc) that just aren't fully being addressed either. They need to be addressed and addressed yesterday. If you don't do things like this, people end up taking very easy routes to your end game long before you're ready to start looking at releasing new content to keep people busy with stuff to do (the month 3-4 mark).

Everyone understands they are doing their best to address these issues. They have addressed certain exploits. They have worked on server stability. No one here is, or should be, trying to imply they aren't working hard. The problem is they are fighting a war against their population and they are losing. People, like water, take the path of least resistance and the longer they allow the exploitation of bad game mechanics the shorter the path becomes. They'll eventually get around to addressing those issues, but by then a huge chunk of their population will be 60, have full T2 or T3 gear and start crying that there isn't enough game content (which there was plenty of game content, they just failed to address the issues that allowed players to bypass the difficulty of said content).

This is why the game is "dying" but not exactly to say the game is dead. They will either address players racing through their content abusing bad game mechanics or they won't and it'll die a quick death like most MMO games do (surge in population first few months then mass exodus of bored people). Time will tell and time isn't working for them.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    chrisperfectchrisperfect Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think mostly, there's no punishment for players exploiting the game too.
  • Options
    kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I agree with everything you just posted, but with the "game is dying" remark. It is far, so far away from dying that words cannot describe it. But if half of this list's exploits are allowed to go on after 05/30, it will pretty much destroy the game in one or two months.
  • Options
    smackzor123smackzor123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its already done. Game exploits are here since day1 of Open Beta. NOW they're TRYING to fix it. People already have 200 million AD and 200k ZEN ... Its over.
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    colluzion wrote: »
    I don't see any point in posts such as these. The issues you are referring to are nowhere near the current problem with the game. The game is in beta for good reason... The development of software goes in a linear order for good reason, and your post makes little to no sense when considering that point.

To understand why your argument is invalid, you must first understand exactly what beta means.

A beta is the first version of the software which is being produced that has been released outside of the company. This means that the framework of the game has been released, and that they are now focusing on completing the game before adjusting problems which don't require immediate attention (such as extremely broken exploits like Pirate King or the quest power leveling exploit). When a Beta test starts, their main focus is to gather data on these bugs, not on unbalanced classes, afking or worrying about using certain skills in pvp.

My point is that threads like these are wasting your own time, being that they will likely be ignored until deemed necessary. Try helping them focus on important things, not what makes you cry in PvP.

--

PvP Balance is amazing, I have played three classes in PvP and while yes, some things seem to be unbalanced, the PvP is fun and can be extremely competitive. Each class in Neverwinter has their own properties that make them 'unbalanced', but that's what makes them fun. Why have a game that is exactly like every other? Why have a game where Clerics wear cloth and never take aggro(though I think this is broken... haha)? Why have a game where Tanks can't do insane DPS? Why have a game where every class is exactly how it is expected?

My point is that Neverwinter is unique, unbalanced and incredibly buggy, but it is ridiculously fun. Each class in PvP has their own abilities that make them stronger than other classes, and capitalizing on that is what makes the PvP balanced.

--

Though I do agree with some of your points, I think most of your post is filled with ignorance, incompetence and inability to understand software life cycles. One of those points would be the lack of communication that has been shown. Though some devs have posted on the forum, very little information is being given. I forgive this due to the incredible amount of traffic that is being experienced (and the abundance of whiny little girls on the forums), though it does seem that some things become habbit. If lack of communication becomes a serious problem, Neverwinter will likely become less successful than predicted.

I'm willing to give credit where it is due, and so far, so good. PWE has done a pretty amazing job so far addressing glitches, and people who are willing to exploit this (several people were banned for exploiting certain things).

--

The main thing that seriously irritates me about your post is your condescending tone which you so blatantly showcase. Assuming that a game is 'dead' two weeks after it's soft/open beta release is arrogant and childish. Seeing how Neverwinter has already amassed several streamers, viewers, bloggers and people willing to spend time giving the game an amazing review is proof enough to any idiot that the game is doing great.

I agree, the game is far from dying. As for balance in PvP, I think it is, as much as specialist classes can be. The best advice I can give is don't lone wolf, this get people killed. If you lone wolf and a rogue eats your face off, its your fault. If you are with a group, that doesn't happen, or at least not easily and not without being answered by your party mates.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Game certainly has not died, afking is being looked at, and the devs are continually patching exploits.

PvP is probably not a big factor in whether the game will sink or swim, but even so I totally disagree that class balance is "broken"; its actually very good. New end game content is being worked on, and more content is likely to be released as the game goes on.

The future for the game is bright.
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its already done. Game exploits are here since day1 of Open Beta. NOW they're TRYING to fix it. People already have 200 million AD and 200k ZEN ... Its over.

Nerds with their spreadsheets and their mics and their TS/Raidcall etc and their 18 hours a day of playing have pretty much never failed to break a game when it comes out, especially when they're in a group. When normal people struggle to find a group to farm T2 epics with, these guys will have a bank full of them already. Thanks to them mathimatically taking the game apart they will have perfected builds and will have found exploits to abuse before anyone else gets to abuse them. D3 is the latest example of this. You simply cannot attach a big price tag on virtual items or currency because if you do, these nerds (usually poor, hence they do it) will abuse the hell out of it. They also do it for E-peen to make up for their personality/looks flaws in real life, but that's another story.

Spoils the fun, honestly. Still waiting for an online game that doesn't allow premade groups to be made. Yes, you can play the game with other people, but not with the exact people you want to play with. Oh, is that not fun? No? Well guess what, you'll do fine if you're a social person that can get along with anyone. Would help a lot in keeping the game's integrity because these nerds wouldn't be able to group up and abuse it. Want to play with your friends? Go outside or play another game that does allow premade groups. Ow8, you've already ruined them by abusing exploits and nerdy stuff. Oops, forgot about that.

Imo you shouldn't rely on these people to keep your game alive. They are simply going to move on to the next game once they've ruined the integrity of this one. As Smack said, 'it's already done'...perhaps, or perhaps it can still be reverted, but something will have to be done about it asap. Start thinking about how you can stop nerds from abusing your game/make money off it and then leave it in the dust. Thanks for reading.

P.S. If the game is streamed on Twitch you know it's going to be dead sooner or later. Just felt like adding that in.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    gunmangunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Always funny to see a post full of raging.

So for new people who stumbled upon this post and got scared: if you are playing to have a good time, everything that is written here is useless and pointless. If you like the lore/setting/action-combat/group content, everything is still FREE, not broken, perfectly accessible. Minimal bugs mostly!

You even get a bonus from other MMOs! Gear is quite cheap here! So yeah, you can probably gear up to be able to do top-tier content in a week or two of *casual* play! Try doing that in other titles! And for that, thank the mindless zombies breaking the game to shreds and using exploits to fill the market with tons of items!

Granted, the balance in PvP is somewhat lacking so far...but enjoy the Foundry till then! Find some friends to explore all the great stories people have written! (get into a few 4-star+ campaigns! some of these designers are really talented).

Oh, but if the only reason you play is "to have more stats than other people playing!!111oneone", sorry, you missed that train...unless you want to help the devs out and pay a few thousands dollars to buy top gear?? Please do so!, they deserve it!