test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game is already being destroyed.

12345679»

Comments

• pvthudsonpvthudson Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RIFT may be going to free to play but at least its doing it without stupid 3 in game currencies
  • pojzonpojzon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pvthudson wrote: »
    RIFT may be going to free to play but at least its doing it without stupid 3 in game currencies

And you will be able to buy gear and souls that give you years of farm ahead of other players... I was also hyped about f2p but after reading whole content of ingame shop i was like : WTF MAN WTF ...

MISS GOOD OLD LINEAGE 2 INTERLUDE :(((
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Lollie no one cares about what you think, especially if you go on with this tone and manners

Likewise no one cares what you think. Your opinion is of no value.

Grow up little kid.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Likewise no one cares what you think. Your opinion is of no value.

Grow up little kid.

I am probably older than you but that's not really important. I know you are angry because you wasted 200$ in a game you had no info or idea about and then 50$ in bags without even waiting for the 2 free ones, but that doesn't mean you can insult people or act like a prick. It's your own fault, learn to live with that
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jivundus wrote: »
    The problem with all new MMO's is th endgame players really... they rush to the end in less then a week, maybe two and then spend the rest of the time complaining. You cannot create content for you type of players fast enough and expect to make any kind of profit. It is expensive to make endgame raids and dungeons especially when you have players that have the time to spend to plow through it.

Actually, Cryptic had the solution for this and then dropped the ball. Foundry is amazing content. There are so many things to do and see in it.

To bad there's no real reason to play Foundry (as far as character advancement) besides your daily AD reward.

I'm wondering if all of the Foundry authors who think people will play their quests "just for the story experience" created this paradigm, but if so, good job. You've managed to kill the future of this game.

Personally, I'm waiting to see if they fix the problems with the Foundry rewards. I think that's where the future lies, if Cryptic follows their mission statements about UGC from the GDC last year. So far, they've violated quite a bit of their tenets of how to make UGC successful, and I'm not seeing that pattern change.
  • shanxtadeushanxtadeu Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    ayamata wrote: »
    I swear it seems just like yesterday that I got to roll my fresh new hero on the HoTN Headstart. I was so excited to FINALLY be able to dive right into this brilliant game that I have been so patiently waiting for.

I hit 60 right on the OBT launch day.
    It was only 2 weeks later that the game would already be flooded with cheap ridiculous exploits, malicious elitists, scam artists and rmt-bots.

It kinda upsets me to see the game in this condition.
    I loved this game until it went into Open Beta.
    Once again I find myself believing that F2P models ruin mmo's these days.
    It's like a double-edged sword;
    Yes it's nice to not have to pay for it or pay a recurring subscription;
    but you have to take into account all of the <my eyes are burning!> that F2P games lure in.

I'm aware it's only been a few weeks into OBT. I'm aware things will be fixed in the future.
    But one can only hope most of the negative things will be taken into consideration and be diminished.
    I want to love this game again; but as of right now, I'm already looking for something else to play.
    It really sucks to hear myself admit that, but Cryptic has a lot of work ahead of them.
    I just hope they don't get overwhelmed.

What!?!??! Do you reached 60 on the launch day!? Seriously, how? Oo Because i can't believe this is true...

EDIT: forget it, i saw you're a HotN
  • lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    Then mmos are not for you. You would be better served playing one of those games you enjoy.

Not all MMORPGs require players to grind for their loot, OR simply pay a ton of real cash for the exact same loot (so earned in a few minutes as opposed to many months if not a year or more).

That is the kind of grind I am not into - the f2p p2w asian grinder model that Neverwinter has going on.

I like games that puts everyone on an even playing field, and does not allow the purchase of power through real dollars.

Next time you reply to someone, try to be aware of the context before tapping away at the keyboard mmmkay? < second definition). Your reply was so completely missing the point I made, hope this cleared things up for you :)
  • ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mother of god.

How, no, WHY is my thread still alive. -.-
    What is- I don't even~
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just wait it out. New game, little to no content, these cheap asses and trolls will thin out. It's really just a matter of time..
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was so excited about this game. Oh well. Here's to FFXIV. So long, PW.
    edited May 2013
    Just wait it out. New game, little to no content, these cheap asses and trolls will thin out. It's really just a matter of time..

Cheap asses and trolls? Most of the people voicing their opinion have dropped boatloads of cash.. some upwards of $500.... that buys you almost 3 years of UNINHIBITED play in other MMO's... you know.. ones where you can buy bags and earn mounts w/o being nickel and dimed every 10 minutes.

Oh let's not forget to mention how much just the basic game costs.. no one is playing this for free. I paid $60 for Skyrim and 1 year later I still haven't even dented the amount of content in that game... 1 week into this and I'm getting shaken down to buy bags, inventory/bank slots, respecs (this one really unnerved me - with broken skills and feats for some classes and they are charging us for repsecs... this is where I quit playing) and other necessities.... after paying $200?

Man.. spoiled bratty kids that have mummy buy them everything will never understand this until they have to go out and earn a wage.

Just mind boggling that people are shocked that people are upset. It's spoiled bratty kids like this that let releases like this become the norm.

*edit*

Just noticed this tool isn't even a Guardian or Founder and he's calling people cheap asses and trolls. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. OMG. You can't make this stuff up. Hilarious.
    edited May 2013
    Cheap asses and trolls? Most of the people voicing their opinion have dropped boatloads of cash.. some upwards of $500.... that buys you almost 3 years of UNINHIBITED play in other MMO's... you know.. ones where you can buy bags and earn mounts w/o being nickel and dimed every 10 minutes.

Oh let's not forget to mention how much just the basic game costs.. no one is playing this for free. I paid $60 for Skyrim and 1 year later I still haven't even dented the amount of content in that game... 1 week into this and I'm getting shaken down buy bags, inventory/bank slots, respecs and other necessities.... after paying $200?

Man.. spoiled bratty kids that have mummy buy them everything will never understand this until they have to go out and earn a wage.

Just mind boggling that people are shocked that people are upset. It's spoiled bratty kids like this that let releases like this become the norm.

Exactly. Doesn't matter how much we drop in this game, still going to be nickle and dimed at every step.

The game just isn't worth the money. Moving on.
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    Exactly. Doesn't matter how much we drop in this game, still going to be nickle and dimed at every step.

The game just isn't worth the money. Moving on.

I've already moved on but I still have hope this game can recover.. For now GW2 and Secret World is keeping my busy. I won't last long in GW2 since I'm not big into PVP but its worth a once thru all the zones.. The PVE content is actually pretty good, very challenging and I love their map system, view points and skill points.

Ultimately I'll be playing TESO... regardless of how this game turned out. I've been waiting on TESO for ages now. My hope is this game will recover and become stable and it will be my secondary game for whatever is main my MMO at the time. I love D&D and Forgotten Realms and I think they did a decent job transposing tabletop D&D into a PC game but the cash shop and other implementations in this game were just bad... head scratching bad.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bank and char slots aren't free in GW2 either. Can be earned, but the cost has risen tenfold.
    edited May 2013
    I've already moved on but I still have hope this game can recover.. For now GW2 and Secret World is keeping my busy. I won't last long in GW2 since I'm not big into PVP but its worth a once thru all the zones.. The PVE content is actually pretty good, very challenging and I love their map system, view points and skill points.

Ultimately I'll be playing TESO... regardless of how this game turned out. I've been waiting on TESO for ages now. My hope is this game will recover and become stable and it will be my secondary game for whatever is main my MMO at the time. I love D&D and Forgotten Realms and I think they did a decent job transposing tabletop D&D into a PC game but the cash shop and other implementations in this game were just bad... head scratching bad.

I'm the same. I love the concept of the Foundry in Neverwinter, but I'm so angry at the implementation of the cash shop, ultimately making this game a terrible POS f2p p2w game whose only direction can be downhill as they continue to add content/tiers.
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

*edit*

Just noticed this tool isn't even a Guardian or Founder and he's calling people cheap asses and trolls. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. OMG. You can't make this stuff up. Hilarious.

Some people might have waited until the game was live to buy what they WANTED, and still some other founders might prefer NOT to be labeled like that idiot in the news a couple weeks ago who spent his life savings at a carnival and only got a banana plushie (i.e. some might not have chosen the option to use the title for fear of being labeled as a fool with too much money, etc)
  • ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Oh let's not forget to mention how much just the basic game costs.. no one is playing this for free. I paid $60 for Skyrim and 1 year later I still haven't even dented the amount of content in that game... 1 week into this and I'm getting shaken down to buy bags, inventory/bank slots, respecs (this one really unnerved me - with broken skills and feats for some classes and they are charging us for repsecs... this is where I quit playing) and other necessities.... after paying $200?

*edit*

I'm Ayamata, and I support this message.
    No really. Like, after investing 200 for the HotN & 60 for the Guardian; I can proudly say (sprinkled with some anguish) that I'm now starting to regret it.
    I also even bought the $30 wedding dress~
    I'm seriously ashamed of myself, hahaa.

Oh well.
    I'm currently a founder in Dragon's Prophet and OBT for it is coming soon.
    Some of you should check it out.
    I've been playing the Founder's closed betas and it's amazing.
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif