What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game is already being destroyed.

Comments

• pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    Cool story brah. . .

In other news, I'm the king of Nigeria. . .

And I need some help moving some rather large sums of money. . .

You could call bull**** or you could come look me in the eye. not difficult to find sweetheart.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • nexticnextic Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ITT: Babys first open beta.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattplex wrote: »
    I don't see how Rift isn't the best MMO out right now.

I don't see how EQ2 isn't the best MMO out right now. For almost all of the same reasons you put forth.

Meanwhile, I really dislike Rift. Different opinions, & all that sort of thing.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    <removed per RoC>
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
    edited May 2013
    <Removed for Consistency>
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    This girl is the same one that was bragging about getting a full PvP gear (which can be farmed in 2 days at level 60) in a forum post, so I wouldn't bother talking back.

Some of the elitism she criticises, she shows off as well (though of a different type, same effect: e-peen hardcore gamers are as toxic as snobbish deluxe snowflake collectors).

Though some of the points she makes in the thread are still valid. It's the player communty viral atitude what is destroying the game and doomsday sayers are only going to make it worse.

It doesn't have to do that much with the payment system: sub games have bad players as well, there's only a filter. And honestly, 15 dollars upfront is change.

The freebies will always try to rush their game, reach max level, then quit. This won't change.

The difference between a f2p and a sub model nowadays is that the first system has a chance to hook people (they don't feel like they need to sacrifice anything in order to try the game). It's easier to give some candy samples and then sell them than selling a deluxe box with fifteen flavors. The second case doesn't reward interest, so who would invest on something that doesn't try to hook them in the first place, but instead, set barriers in order to enjoy the content (buy game, then expansion packs, then monthly prepaid card...)? There a reason why more and more people don't care about WoW anymore. If it is such a good business model it would have more players than League of Legends.

I was "bragging" about getting full PvP gear? Oh yeah, because it's so hard to get. :')
    Also, your interpretation of an online gaming elitist is way off if you're trying to throw me into that category.
    Your argument in that sense is futile.
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • abcyangabcyang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can only really compare Neverwinter to Perfect World when I try and judge this game as I haven't played many others. Perfect World is f2p and for some years the servers were full of f2p players and it was really really busy. Then they introduced new rank 9 gears which could be bought using real money (think $2000US - I'm not talking small change here) and the game took a massive nose dive - a couple weeks ago they even had to merge a couple servers and the one I play on is really dead. They then came up with an awesome pvp event called Nation Wars, but the damage was done. The cash shoppers who bought rank 9 dominate everything and the divide between Rank 9 and everthing else is massive. The other thing I can note with Perfect World is that before they introduced a couple other failures, it did take 1-2years to get end-game.

So back to Neverwinter. Firstly Im surprised that after playing a week, end-game players seem to be common and there is regular advertising on the chat for 'afk pvp fast levelling' whatever that is and then I saw a u-tube video of someone soloing the last boss??? So Im really wondering what the longevity of this game is? I mean, what are the end-gamers doing now? There is no open world pvp that I can see, so whats the attraction - I'd really like to know.

And for f2p being a fail model - I disagree totally. As with Perfect World, they used to have a good balance where cash injectors didn't get a huge advantage and within a reasonable time frame, f2p players could be just as good. There were still incentives for using cash - that slightly faster mount, that nice fashion, those extra inventory slots, but it wasn't until they included rank 9 that the f2p model failed.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What they should have done was to make the game F2P up to level 10 or so, and free players can't use the mail system, auction house, or trade items/gold/diamonds to other players. Once you hit level 10, if you want to continue, you have to buy one of several different packs. The cheapest pack would be like $5 and just give you a basic mount or something, but more importantly, it'd permit you to get access to the rest of the game. This would also keep out total freeloaders and those who thought they could just create a bunch of throw away accounts.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • m1keyc123m1keyc123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NERFED?? HELP.. can someone post this as a new thread for me in the PVP section. Id appreciate it.

Ok i have a serious problem here, and apparently I cant post new threads for whatever reason so im posting it here. Anyway my character has been nerfed. Apparently going 24-0 almost every game in arena pvp has gotten me nerfed. not joking when i say nerfed.. ok so when i highlight one of my abilities when im just in town like Lashing blade it shows the normal physical damage i should be getting , specifically 2455-2924 damage. (screenshot here ) http://prntscr.com/14yekd . NOW when i join an arena game, my same ability shows 1/3 of that damage, it shows 1123-1138 damage (screenshot here) http://prntscr.com/14yf0s

this isnt just a bug where it is not showing correct damage, my character is actually doing much less damage, im critting in arena for 1800 when normally that move crits for 5k-9k. the same goes for all my other moves its not just this one move, my at-will powers , my encounters and my dailys are all showing about 1/3 the damage when i enter the arena which results in me getting my *** handed to me. now this just started happening today, because it was fine yesterday when i was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kids critting them for 6k-8k on my lashing blade, now i played aobut 20 games today and the highest it crit for was 2200. something is wrong, i think i have been permanerfed for being too good. i asked a few people and aparently they have no idea what im talking about they just keep telling me oh they have +defense on their gear. NO. that is not the case here. my abilities are glitched or nerfed. does anyone have any idea what is going on and how i can fix this? Thanks again.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    m1keyc123 wrote: »

/snip

Maybe they must have changed your damage modifiers from scaling as a TR to scaling as a GWF.....
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    m1keyc123 wrote: »
    NERFED?? HELP.. can someone post this as a new thread for me in the PVP section. Id appreciate it.

Ok i have a serious problem here, and apparently I cant post new threads for whatever reason so im posting it here. Anyway my character has been nerfed. Apparently going 24-0 almost every game in arena pvp has gotten me nerfed. not joking when i say nerfed.. ok so when i highlight one of my abilities when im just in town like Lashing blade it shows the normal physical damage i should be getting , specifically 2455-2924 damage. (screenshot here ) http://prntscr.com/14yekd . NOW when i join an arena game, my same ability shows 1/3 of that damage, it shows 1123-1138 damage (screenshot here) http://prntscr.com/14yf0s

this isnt just a bug where it is not showing correct damage, my character is actually doing much less damage, im critting in arena for 1800 when normally that move crits for 5k-9k. the same goes for all my other moves its not just this one move, my at-will powers , my encounters and my dailys are all showing about 1/3 the damage when i enter the arena which results in me getting my *** handed to me. now this just started happening today, because it was fine yesterday when i was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kids critting them for 6k-8k on my lashing blade, now i played aobut 20 games today and the highest it crit for was 2200. something is wrong, i think i have been permanerfed for being too good. i asked a few people and aparently they have no idea what im talking about they just keep telling me oh they have +defense on their gear. NO. that is not the case here. my abilities are glitched or nerfed. does anyone have any idea what is going on and how i can fix this? Thanks again.

Are you not 60? pvp scaling in the sub brackets is all messed up.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abcyang wrote: »
    I can only really compare Neverwinter to Perfect World when I try and judge this game as I haven't played many others. Perfect World is f2p and for some years the servers were full of f2p players and it was really really busy. Then they introduced new rank 9 gears which could be bought using real money (think $2000US - I'm not talking small change here) and the game took a massive nose dive - a couple weeks ago they even had to merge a couple servers and the one I play on is really dead. They then came up with an awesome pvp event called Nation Wars, but the damage was done. The cash shoppers who bought rank 9 dominate everything and the divide between Rank 9 and everthing else is massive. The other thing I can note with Perfect World is that before they introduced a couple other failures, it did take 1-2years to get end-game.

So back to Neverwinter. Firstly Im surprised that after playing a week, end-game players seem to be common and there is regular advertising on the chat for 'afk pvp fast levelling' whatever that is and then I saw a u-tube video of someone soloing the last boss??? So Im really wondering what the longevity of this game is? I mean, what are the end-gamers doing now? There is no open world pvp that I can see, so whats the attraction - I'd really like to know.

And for f2p being a fail model - I disagree totally. As with Perfect World, they used to have a good balance where cash injectors didn't get a huge advantage and within a reasonable time frame, f2p players could be just as good. There were still incentives for using cash - that slightly faster mount, that nice fashion, those extra inventory slots, but it wasn't until they included rank 9 that the f2p model failed.

Good post, i dont think the model is really bad but they should have known things like that were going to happen. They are not the new kids on the block, they have two other MMOs that are live and that are also free to play. Its not good publicity when a game this young is becoming a joke with streamers all over the place one shotting or soloing end-game bosses, farming purples for hours and putting them on the auction house.

There is also little communication going on outside them telling us about maintenance and server issues. They continue to add in more stuff in the cash shop while ignoring that some people wont purchase anything there until the game is stable and balanced.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The exploiters will eventually get banned once the exploits are fixed. But that will take time so don't hold your breath waiting for the fix and bans.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    The exploiters will eventually get banned once the exploits are fixed. But that will take time so don't hold your breath waiting for the fix and bans.

That's nonsense. The exploits may get fixed. nobody is getting banned. Small-*** companies don't ban their client base. That comes when you are blizzard and are forced to do it.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • abcyangabcyang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm interested in how the exploiters will get punished. They was an exploit in Perfect World a couple years ago called the goon glitch that you could use to jump to end game in a day. Many did plus levelled a ton of alts to end game. There was a huge rage backlash on the forums from many people who got to end game the legitimate ways and after 6months deciding what to do PWI banned the exploiters for 2days lol. I sooo wished I'd used that exploit...... Heaps of legitimate players quit after that too.

PVP is the end game of PW. Nation Wars is the main thing there now. Whats the end game of Neverwinter?
  • omestesomestes Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    All f2p wins are games that are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the start, or games that are now yesterday's dinner. The newest, quality games are always going to be subscription.

What was the last quality sub MMO? Star Wars? That crashed fast and was pretty much a WoW clone. Tera? Crashed fast, and was nothing but a grind. Secret World? Final Fantasy, that pretty much died due to horrible development, crushed under the weight of its own bugs. That was pretty much forget within a month of release. Rift and WoW are the only sub based games that work, and work consistently, and one of those is going F2P now.

Sub game are now a business model where they fully expect to go f2p, but want to milk customers for the first year. It doesn't mean quality.

The one MMO I'm looking forward to is going to be F2P (Wildstar). I will play it, and they will get some of my money by default. The other MMO I'm looking forward to (TES online) isn't going to get any of my money, until they prove that they are worth at least $75 (game + 1 month sub), which is a tall order since I haven't spent that on a game in a long time.

Historically, the only MMO that game close to classic WoW for me, in terms of lengevity, addictiveness, and enjoyment was been GW2. Which. isn't a sub game.
  • shivannnnshivannnn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I came to post a thread VERY similar to this one. I feel like this game is, quite honestly, doomed. They have allowed multiple paths to end game and now all the rewards of said end game are readily available on the auction house. The one fun method of leveling left is pvp and 85% of the games have afkers. Now before you say, "Wait bro! You can have fun leveling in community made content." Well that's true, but how can I recruit for a specific founder map with so many people spamming lf2m afk pvp?

This feels like a joke for which only PW or perhaps their bank teller knows the punchline.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omestes wrote: »
    Rift and WoW are the only sub based games that work, and work consistently, and one of those is going F2P now.

Saddened by the lack of mention of Anarchy Online. It's BOTH F2P and Sub. Fancy that. Also older than WoW.
  • omestesomestes Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Saddened by the lack of mention of Anarchy Online. It's BOTH F2P and Sub. Fancy that. Also older than WoW.

Sorry, I don't know anyone who still plays that, so I can't really say anything about it. I also left out Eve, but that doesn't count since it is a very different beast.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    strahn794 wrote: »
    There's zero ******bags in sub based games, it's a fact

Seriously wrong pal I'm a (Censored)bag and I play WoW often. Your logic is flawed.
  • haagen76haagen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Subs are like country clubs, the fees keep the undesirables out :)
  • pr0ph3tpr0ph3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey guise im a rl grrl (dont hit on me you silly boys XDDXD ) i maed mommy pay 260$ to get me a blue title so i can call people without it peasants LIKE how can you NOT afford to spend 260$ on a p2w game??? BE GONE, PEASANTS! I BOUGHT BOTH PACKS, LOL! , are you like POOR or something? PLS GIVE ME ATTENTION IM A GRLLRL GAMERMRMRME I am so GOOD I bought the T2 DRAKE SET WITH MY MOMS CREDIT CARD LOL!

"Before TERA released it's F2P model, it was outstanding."

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Look I would take p2p over f2p always, if it has no p2w **** then just for the amount of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a f2p game attracts, but you crack me the **** up.
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    f2p games are disposable games. Only good for playing when your subscription game bores you.

I couldnt have said it better. All NW is, is fodder for removing boredom while waiting for the true stuff.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ayamata wrote: »
    I swear it seems just like yesterday that I got to roll my fresh new hero on the HoTN Headstart. I was so excited to FINALLY be able to dive right into this brilliant game that I have been so patiently waiting for.

I hit 60 right on the OBT launch day.
    It was only 2 weeks later that the game would already be flooded with cheap ridiculous exploits, malicious elitists, scam artists and rmt-bots.

It kinda upsets me to see the game in this condition.
    I loved this game until it went into Open Beta.
    Once again I find myself believing that F2P models ruin mmo's these days.
    It's like a double-edged sword;
    Yes it's nice to not have to pay for it or pay a recurring subscription;
    but you have to take into account all of the d0uche bags that F2P games lure in.

I'm aware it's only been a few weeks into OBT. I'm aware things will be fixed in the future.
    But one can only hope most of the negative things will be taken into consideration and be diminished.
    I want to love this game again; but as of right now, I'm already looking for something else to play.
    It really sucks to hear myself admit that, but Cryptic has a lot of work ahead of them.
    I just hope they don't get overwhelmed.

So you paid to be able to hit 60 before a non-paying player even logged in.....

Almost as bad as the exploits. Any game that has it where a person can hit max level in 2-3 days and that lets people buy power deserves this.

They let you people that pay $60-20 beta test and oh look you all missed all these exploits. Why? because the ones that pay money are the same ones that only beta to find exploits, find fastest way to level up and don't help the devs at all.

If they let everyone beta test all of this would have been found in beta and the game not ruined.
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    abcyang wrote: »
    I'm interested in how the exploiters will get punished. They was an exploit in Perfect World a couple years ago called the goon glitch that you could use to jump to end game in a day. Many did plus levelled a ton of alts to end game. There was a huge rage backlash on the forums from many people who got to end game the legitimate ways and after 6months deciding what to do PWI banned the exploiters for 2days lol. I sooo wished I'd used that exploit...... Heaps of legitimate players quit after that too.

PVP is the end game of PW. Nation Wars is the main thing there now. Whats the end game of Neverwinter?

My guildmate was duping in SWTOR when it first came out. He got a 2 day ban came back from his vacation with 70 million still on his character.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
    edited May 2013
    f2p games are disposable games. Only good for playing when your subscription game bores you.

So, what happens when a game is both F2P and Sub?
  • stringsestringse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    haagen76 wrote: »
    Subs are like country clubs, the fees keep the undesirables out :)
    So true lol
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    stringse wrote: »
    So true lol

Yeah, no ******* can scrape together $15...
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Yeah, no ******* can scrape together $15...

They can, but the main issue if F2P is no that anyone can get in, but that anyone can make a bazillion accounts (even if against ToS, it generally can't be acted upon because there are plenty of reasons why an account might share IP with another).
  • grizzdelgrizzdel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    All I can say is 10$ for a bag is gross like a porta-potty in the summertime.