test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community FAQ] Tips, Manuals, Tutorials, & Bugs

Comments

• oslion360oslion360 Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    I never realized you were the one behind this thread until like, right now. Bravo! Great work!
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm behind many mysterious, yet wonderful, things. I just can't tell you about them all. :)
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tagged because this is good info that I might want to find later :)
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Saturday Bump. Any thing anyone wants to see added?
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /Ugcshowreviewgen Show the Foundry review dialog. (in case you move and the review box closes)
    /Ugchidereviewgen Hide the Foundry review dialog.
    /UGC.Redo No comment provided
    /UGC.CloseProject ?
    /ugcEditorImportProjectSafe ?
    /ugcEditorExportProjectSafe No comment provided
    /Ugcplayingeditor_Toggle Alias for Gensendmessage Ugc_Edittools_Toggleplayingeditorbutton
    /ugcEditorMode Set the UGC editor mode.
    /UGC.Save No comment provided
    /UGC.Do No comment provided
    /ugc_MaybeShowReviewGen No comment provided
    /UGC.CloseProject
    /ugcEditorImportProjectSafe
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?293462-NWO-Complete-Console-Command-List-%2825-MAY-2013%29-%28part-1-of-3%29
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A mention of the adventure zone bug where the quest can be "dropped" from the tracker and unable to proceed without a logout?

Perhaps under tips and tricks include your slider, timer, and an entry regarding placing NPC's behind invisible walls to prevent mobs from attacking them during an encounter? Those may all seem like standard knowledge to many of us now but they are certainly things a new foundry author/user won't understand/know.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
    edited May 2013
    I was wondering if there were any /commands.

Coanunn, is there a good thread that discusses this? I'll research it and add it to the list.
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    I was wondering if there were any /commands.

Coanunn, is there a good thread that discusses this? I'll research it and add it to the list.

I had heard about the bug from other authors in the Foundry chat channel.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
    edited May 2013
    coanunn wrote: »
    I had heard about the bug from other authors in the Foundry chat channel.
    It's a known bug, I don't know if there's a master thread about it though.
    edited May 2013
    So let me get this straight first. If you put a regular cryptic zone map in the middle of your storyline, it can drop your quest from the tracker?
    edited May 2013
    Yep, the idea is if you zone into one of their maps and it's part of the storyboard it can drop it from the tracker. Only way to fix it is to log out and back in. A lot of authors have just started removing those maps from their storyboards altogether.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, I'll add some more Bug and FAQ stuff today.
    edited May 2013
    So let me get this straight first. If you put a regular cryptic zone map in the middle of your storyline, it can drop your quest from the tracker?
    Yes. The quest drops and is no longer shown on the quest tracker (and possibly journal, I forget). The quest is technically still in process as you can log out and log back in and it will reappear (not always, sometimes you have to log out and back in several times) in the state it was in.

As coanunn said, authors are rebuilding quests to avoid this. I'm currently doing this for the third quest of my campaign in fact, removing two Cryptic maps in the storyboard.
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys.

Completly new here to the Foundry. I've been playing around with it since yesterday - I've read the manuals first, I think I get how it works - more or less. But at the moment I have this "Each component must be used no more then once" task and I have no idea to what it reffers to?

Also, a technical question. I have a player interact with object that's supposed to be poison. Can I make this object influence the player, like loosing some HP (a trap)? Or at least how can I make a custom message pop up at the screen after interaction with that object?
    edited May 2013
    eskarine wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Completly new here to the Foundry. I've been playing around with it since yesterday - I've read the manuals first, I think I get how it works - more or less. But at the moment I have this "Each component must be used no more then once" task and I have no idea to what it reffers to?

Also, a technical question. I have a player interact with object that's supposed to be poison. Can I make this object influence the player, like loosing some HP (a trap)? Or at least how can I make a custom message pop up at the screen after interaction with that object?
    A component can only be used once in the story. If you want the "same" component (such as an npc) to be used more than once, you need to set the first one to disappear and the second, identical one, to appear at some point after the first has been used. Don't worry, it happens so quickly you won't notice.

Second question. Nothing you give a player can directly have any actual game effect, only a story/plot effect. You can have traps become visible but traps do negligible damage in Foundry. Yesterday I tripped one in a Foundry mission and it did 50 damage while I had over 9000 hit points. If you make the object a contact, you will get a standard dialog window for it, so you can at least tell the player "you've been poisoned".
    edited May 2013
    Teleporter rotation says it's in degrees, but it's actually in radians.
    90 degrees = 1.57079633 radians
    180 degrees = 3.14159265 radians

This is pretty bad because if they fix it by saying in the properties it's in radians, many people will go "what's a radian" and the Foundry is supposed to be layman friendly. While if they change it to degrees there's already content that relies on it being radians (for things like using the invisible plane teleporter for doors and such) the teleporters will orient in degrees now and be in the wrong orientation.

Not sure who it was that noticed this first, wasn't me.

edit: discovered this was already mentioned in this thread, but at least I've added something with the precalculated conversions.
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A component can only be used once in the story. If you want the "same" component (such as an npc) to be used more than once, you need to set the first one to disappear and the second, identical one, to appear at some point after the first has been used. Don't worry, it happens so quickly you won't notice.

Second question. Nothing you give a player can directly have any actual game effect, only a story/plot effect. You can have traps become visible but traps do negligible damage in Foundry. Yesterday I tripped one in a Foundry mission and it did 50 damage while I had over 9000 hit points. If you make the object a contact, you will get a standard dialog window for it, so you can at least tell the player "you've been poisoned".

Ok, then frankly, I am a little confused. I have two NPCs and one object that are interact-able and I haven't used them more then once (talk to 1st NPC, use object, talk to 2nd NPC, leave) but the Story tab still shows that task :x

Also, if this is not a correct thread to ask all the questions I would be grateful for directing me to the right one.
    edited May 2013
    eskarine wrote: »
    Ok, then frankly, I am a little confused. I have two NPCs and one object that are interact-able and I haven't used them more then once (talk to 1st NPC, use object, talk to 2nd NPC, leave) but the Story tab still shows that task :x

Also, if this is not a correct thread to ask all the questions I would be grateful for directing me to the right one.
    Perhaps it's best to make a new thread.
  • kurre2kurre2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A very good thread. Thankyou, I only wished that I had learned about the dublicate map - bug before starting out my new project. XD
    edited May 2013
    kurre2 wrote: »
    A very good thread. Thankyou, I only wished that I had learned about the dublicate map - bug before starting out my new project. XD

Yeah, that's a big giant PITA, and not the good kind either, a vegetarian PITA.

That's why I try to keep this thread bumped.
  • zitpopperzitpopper Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vote for sticky? :)
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get this question added to the FAQ section? "Q. Who makes the very best Hawaiian pizza? A. Boston Pizza".
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
    edited May 2013
    Super Space Pirate bump.

Oh, I updated some stuff too, so the bump was probably superfluous.
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why this is not stickied just blows my mind.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
    edited May 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »

It's one of the single most valuable posts on here for new people. I'm constantly posting links to it for them.
    edited May 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »

I don't know, they have so many stickies already.
    They probably hit their sticky resource limit. It won't publish.
    edited May 2013
    They stickied group quests yesterday.
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I see what you did there!
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
    edited May 2013
    Chili-inspired-game-down-bump.
  • lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are a lot of stickies already, but this one should be on the list for sure! It would save a lot of heartache for folks.

Maybe they should to to just one sticky with links to important resource threads like this.
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
This discussion has been closed.