test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Community FAQ] Tips, Manuals, Tutorials, & Bugs

Comments

• Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That IS a good tip. Thanks.
  • Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The only problem with that, that contact NPCs tell their text on a random basis between 10 and 20 seconds. However, it's great idea. It also has given me another idea.

Quest markers on minimap - if by any reasons you don't want to use quest related marker (eg. because you're using area marker and don't want your quest objective to be area but point) or you want to show player different ways to solve the quest, place single guard encounter + cube underneat the floor (but not just below ground - encounters tend to jump on higher grounds eg. -50) and set quest objective to kill those guards (with different text, like: use this door). Once the door is used, make cube/cubes disappear and therefore kill the guard.

Example of usage: Find your way to the end of castle. You want to mark 3 hallways that can be used. Place guards + cubes underneath those 3 doors and once player reaches final marker, disappear all cubes. That way quest gets completed once the player reaches final point when having 3 markers on map.

Another example: Talk with NPCs in town. You have 5 NPCs you want player to talk with, but only one gives solution (but quest area marker rounds a small area around single NPC. Place eg. 3 guards and cubes that way, that area marker for kill will contain all the NPCs you want player to talk to. Disappear all cubes on dialog prompt.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    skarsysskarsys Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ty /10char
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wednesday Hump Bump
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Big green Bumpzilla
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh, btw, I made a video yesterday that might fit the theme. It's guide for deaf people in creating blackout events.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fd9_KxmbJw
    By deaf I mean that I haven't spoken a single word.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
  • Options
    celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited July 2013
    Brillant! Finally this gets a sticky.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, it seems that valuable threads have to be requested sticky directly to the mods.

I did request :) Gratz Zovya, you deserved it.
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Finally it got stickified!
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    woohoo!

Ok, a meta-tip! One critical thing about details is imagining all the weird ways you can use them. That is, consider using walls tilted to become floors or ceilings. Or even the top of a wall embedded into the ground as a path or decoration (depending).
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Question: How do we fix the double cursor bug? The only when you get the circular pointer and mouse arrow on screen at the same time?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    eskarine wrote: »
    Question: How do we fix the double cursor bug? The only when you get the circular pointer and mouse arrow on screen at the same time?

Oh yeah, that is annoying. I haven't had that one in a while. But the only way I could get it to stop was to restart the client.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Oh yeah, that is annoying. I haven't had that one in a while. But the only way I could get it to stop was to restart the client.

Oh awesome. I get it about once per hour nowadays :/
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Oh hey, didn't notice this was stickied now. Nice!
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow! Congrats on sticky..finally.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What is an "authoring achievement" and how do you get them? Is it just how many quests you've authored, or are there certain elements/ requirements (number of plays on your quests or the like?)?
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nimmanu wrote: »
    What is an "authoring achievement" and how do you get them? Is it just how many quests you've authored, or are there certain elements/ requirements (number of plays on your quests or the like?)?

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Achievement#Foundry_Authoring

Early Access I
    Play and Review a Beta quest

Early Access II
    Play and Review 25 quests that are in Beta

Into the Wilds
    Become a Beta reviewer

Patron of the Arts I
    Tip maximum amount to another author

Patron of the Arts II
    Tip maximum amount 25 times

Reviewer I
    Play and Review a published quest

Reviewer II
    Play and Review 25 published quest

Reviewer III
    Play and Review 100 published quest

Tipsy I
    Tip a published quest

Tipsy II
    Tip 25 quests, any amount

Work Week[5]
    Play and Review at least 1 Foundry quest every day for 5 days

• Note: Unlike most achievements, Foundry Community achievements are considered account wide - thus any and all characters you log into after completing these will gain the achievements and points.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I played a quest with an author note 'yes, this kid is a dwarf, but there are no children in the list of characters.'

Yeeeah... that's lazy.

Here's how you make a child: get a bottle of wine... wait, no.

Create a costume, picking someone close to what you want. Generally pick facial hair (IE: none) and clothes about what you want.

Lower height (duh), then select advanced options. Reduce: torso length, leg length, arm length, and tweak various elements to scale.

Generally, children have the same size head as adults, so basically you reduce everything ELSE. Maybe make the head a scootch smaller and eyes bigger for small children, also reduce the jaw and nose a bit (faces tend to thicken out and down as people age).

There you go.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Am I the only one that has "urchins" in my NPC selection?!?
    Granted, they are perhaps pre-teen to teen and not young children, but scaling them correctly could make even younger?
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is another title above "Moonstar Agent" which is simply "Moonstar". It is Dungeon Master Rank 10. This requires 29 "Foundry Authoring" achievements and 18 "Foundry Community" achievements.
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah... :)
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, does it say what other rewards are included with the rank? Cloak or companion.

Also, can anyone help me with this info? Once you get these titles, you can't see what the requirements are any longer.

Rank 1 - Foundry Apprentice
    Requires: (need info)
    Rewards: Foundry Apprentice Cloak and title "Foundry Apprentice"

Rank 2 - Foundry Neophyte
    Rewards: Title "Foundry Neophyte"
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, does it say what other rewards are included with the rank? Cloak or companion.

Also, can anyone help me with this info? Once you get these titles, you can't see what the requirements are any longer.

Sorry I dont have an answer for any of this right now :(
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So I wanted to look for specific skin that gave a black/swirling aura around it but I didn't know if it even existed (still fairly new to Foundry here) and no one on chat could give me answers.

So I went through ALL the presets and here's the combined list:

PURPLE:
    - Wight Darkhunter
    - Mindflayer mastermind
    - Shadow imp
    - Lady of spiders
    - Mizreal Everdark

RED:
    - Morlem
    - Ethrian Marrowslake
    - Stormcaller
    - Intellect devourer
    - Bandit Kallos
    - Thay NPCs (various)
    - Drow Deathweaver
    - Succubus

BLUE:
    - Ghosts (various)
    - Skystriker
    - Thunderhowl
    - Direhelm
    - Vansi Bloodscar
    - Plagueguards (various)
    - Plaguechanged Linkletter
    - Syndrith
    - Nothic eye 1
    - Occulus the Inflamed

FIRE:
    - Blazing skeleton
    - Runeflame guardian
    - Than undead
    - Golems and magma brutes (various)
    - Ash disciples (various)
    - Fire elementals
    - General Ignazar
    - Flamebows (various)
    - Flameshields (various)
    - Gummoth the Twisted
    - Hand of Maegera
    - Immolus
    - Duergar Theurge
    - Pit Fiend 3
    - Shepherd of the damned

OTHER EFFECTS:
    - Ash zombie (ash cloud)
    - Blackdagger (dust/earth/brown cloud)
    - Sludge rotter (blue/water)
    - Skeleton archer 2 (black aura/swirls)
    - Shadar-kai Idris (green "sphere" pulsating glow)
    - Doomsept (brown/red)
    - Duergar thrall (red+sparks)
    - Ashmadai warlock (red glow at hands)
    - Foulspawn super (red glow eyes)
    - Magma brute (black)
    - Pit fiend 1, 2 (black)
    - Eye of the blue fire (blue glow at hands)
    - Nothinc brute 1, 2 (black)
    - Nothic mindwarp (purple aura+blue glow at hands)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    eskarine wrote: »
    So I wanted to look for specific skin that gave a black/swirling aura around it <snip>
    Very cool and useful, thanks!
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, Eskarine, that must have been a lot of work. Very helpful, indeed!
  • Options
    jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am having trouble with friendly guard encounter and i cannot continue

The encounter is Guards (friendly) standard 2, 2 brute mobs, now my problem is when i test the stage the guards will attack me and not the enemy encounter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    Thanks eskarine! That's really helpful.

As far as tips go... ZOOM IN, Zoom WAY IN... When you can see the little dots as you move objects it's very helpful in lining them up on z,x plane on the maps... this is especially true in maps like caves where like the C shaped one will jump stuff across the pit if you try to place it and are zoomed out too far - makes placing encounters and npcs in there a pain unless you zoom in all the way... The dots are also helpful for lining up architecture, etc.

Another tip... if you get the bug that I get where your mouse goes crazy, alt+ctrl+delete and log out of computer... then log back in.. You can also do task manager and end but that's tricky sometimes since you have to use keyboard shortcuts to get it to end the game process to get your mouse back to normal.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    artgod wrote: »
    Another tip... if you get the bug that I get where your mouse goes crazy, alt+ctrl+delete and log out of computer... then log back in.. You can also do task manager and end but that's tricky sometimes since you have to use keyboard shortcuts to get it to end the game process to get your mouse back to normal.

That's probably the moving an object onto the map too quickly bug.
    Just hit ctrl-s and after it saves it'll free the mouse.
    Or, alt-f4 and it will ask if you want to save before exiting.
    Both far less drastic than rebooting.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013

I can help with the Rank 1:

Rank 1 - Foundry Neophyte
    Requires: Publish a quest

Based on this I assume Apprentice is actually Rank 2. :D

This is a truly awesome thread though. Thanks for making it!
    You even got a spotlight on Dezstravus' Live Stream today.
This discussion has been closed.