test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community FAQ] Tips, Manuals, Tutorials, & Bugs

Comments

• zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Neat! Thanks for the info.
  • artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    bug: appear when drop down keeps showing up behind the main box, making it impossible, or extremely difficult to actually pick anything.

Similarly, it'd be EXTREMELY nice if you could add a pin type thing on the boxes since they keep stacking on top of one another when you try to pick something... make them at least show up as two boxes in different parts of screen instead of on top of one another where it's very hard to pick anything..

Another similar idea/request: ability to 'tag' items in to 'groups' so entire 'group' can change appear when, etc. instead of having to be manually picked on each component...
    edited July 2013
    workaround for the bug I found last night is to use pull down menu and carfully look for NEVER or COMPONENT IN PROGRESS if it shows up in the weird little glitchy window you can barely see through the main box... COMPONENT COMPLETE is either on top of or below those other two if you can find them depending on if you are in appear when or dissappear when box... very annoying manually trying to guess which pixel to pick on the broken/invisible pulldown, but it works if you really need to do it... just makes what should be a 5 minute job in to a 25 minute job.

I still haven't figured out how to make npc options work though... the above trick works on most components, but not npcs... on npcs the pull down is really bugged right now or at least was last night since I couldn't change any of the options for appear when, etc.... as there was only one option and that was all, not even a pull down in the background like the normal stuff above... very annoying if you are working on a story with npcs that have to be made to dissappear and be replaced by al alt of the same npc since the npcs only allow you to tie one npc to one story element - not multiple, etc.
  • neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just thought I'd share this as I had to create this diagram for another post.
    Kinda puts disable/enable in a nut shell.

Hope it helps someone.

enableDisable2.jpg

NW1776
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ultraserfultraserf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    'talk jovial with drink" is broken needs to be fixed
    edited July 2013
    artgod wrote: »
    very annoying if you are working on a story with npcs that have to be made to dissappear and be replaced by al alt of the same npc since the npcs only allow you to tie one npc to one story element - not multiple, etc.

Is anyone else experiencing this bug or am I alone?

It took quite a while ut I got a lot more stuff set up in my quest over the weekend despite the bug... using component tree helped a little, but the bug was still there. Took me a few hours to hook up one part of the story where I have about a hundred items all instantly appear and later dissappear all at once... something that should have been very simple to do if I could see the options in the pull down boxes instead of just having to guess where I need to put the cursor to get the pull down's right pixel choice as pull down box is hidden behind the other box.
  • neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    artgod wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing this bug or am I alone?

It took quite a while ut I got a lot more stuff set up in my quest over the weekend despite the bug... using component tree helped a little, but the bug was still there. Took me a few hours to hook up one part of the story where I have about a hundred items all instantly appear and later dissappear all at once... something that should have been very simple to do if I could see the options in the pull down boxes instead of just having to guess where I need to put the cursor to get the pull down's right pixel choice as pull down box is hidden behind the other box.

The "Always in front" Object inspector bug, happened to me when I hit around 1425 details. And also can be caused by too many control points . It should not effect the map, but hellava annoying.

NW1776
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imperialmenimperialmen Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    Bugs

-There's a bug, where when editing my foundry, I am not able to put encounters in their slots on my foundry CW.
    -There's a bug, where while writing the description for the quest, my blinking text cursor suddenly transfers to a different part of the description altogether. This is annoying.
  • ultraserfultraserf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does music overlap? If I have two musics will they both play? Do the all the sounds work if I play my quest in the real game?
  • rickydekarrickydekar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Question about the achievement rewards. Which character in my account will get the titles/cloak/imp/bear/stones? because i noticed that all characters in same account share achievements does that mean all my characters in account will get rewards or if there is only one reward is it bound can i trade within the account or to other players?
    edited August 2013
    ultraserf wrote: »
    Does music overlap? If I have two musics will they both play? Do the all the sounds work if I play my quest in the real game?

Yes, but sometimes not all sounds work with all sounds. Sounds are still a bit buggy. you have to experiment.

NW1776
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cozermaxie12cozermaxie12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I need help with teleporters, When i place the 2 teleporters into the map and seperate them, when I try to test them out, they do not appear on the map where I placed it
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I need help with teleporters, When i place the 2 teleporters into the map and seperate them, when I try to test them out, they do not appear on the map where I placed it

I did some testing and it seemed that no matter what "relative to" was set to, it was always relative to terrain.

Edit: ...and most were about 40' higher than the setting.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rank 10 ewards are the title "Moonstar" and a "Moonstar Cloak".
  • kingdutkakingdutka Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. Why can I not post new threads?
    2. Is there a way to have an NPC attack you after you finish talking to them or at the very least, have them "disappear" and have the encounter magically appear in its place? *I figured this part out
  • kingdutkakingdutka Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When I die during play testing and choose to respawn, I respawn on the spot instead of at the campfire... Is this supposed to happen? Will I respawn at the campfire when I publish my quest?
  • ryladanteryladante Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sadly I can only reply, so I have to place this here. I can not access the Foundry. It keeps telling me "Character Creation Failed"
    What does that mean? All I did was click the foundry button. I am lvl 15 by the way..(or is it 16 now, hehe)
    Do I have to have 2 characters in order to use it, or is there something else I am doing wrong?
    Sonja
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ryladante wrote: »
    Sadly I can only reply, so I have to place this here. I can not access the Foundry. It keeps telling me "Character Creation Failed"
    What does that mean? All I did was click the foundry button. I am lvl 15 by the way..(or is it 16 now, hehe)
    Do I have to have 2 characters in order to use it, or is there something else I am doing wrong?
    Sonja

The expansion on Thursday created a lot of bugs with the foundry. They are working on a fix, and right now some parts of it are unavailable. There is a patch coming soon to address some issues, so maybe you will be able to log into the foundry editor afterward. :) Try again Monday evening or Tuesday, and keep checking these forums for updates.
    kingdutka wrote: »
    When I die during play testing and choose to respawn, I respawn on the spot instead of at the campfire... Is this supposed to happen? Will I respawn at the campfire when I publish my quest?

Yes. The respawning on the spot is only a foundry side thing. Once the quest is published, players will respawn at the campsites like normal. :)
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zbkolde wrote: »
    The respawning on the spot is only a foundry side thing. Once the quest is published, players will respawn at the campsites like normal. :)

Thought I'd expand on this a little bit. I believe the respawning on the spot is a "feature" and not a bug. If you are working in a particular spot on a large map it really helps to remain at the spot you are working instead of having to run (now fly) back to it after respawning. Sometimes resetting the map (ctrl-r) will respawn you at the start point. Selecting a story objective and clicking "play from here" almost always will reset you to your starting spawn point.
  • ryladanteryladante Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The expansion on Thursday created a lot of bugs with the foundry. They are working on a fix, and right now some parts of it are unavailable. There is a patch coming soon to address some issues, so maybe you will be able to log into the foundry editor afterward. :) Try again Monday evening or Tuesday, and keep checking these forums for updates.

Okay, I was hoping that was all it was. I really wanted to get right in there and create something, or at the very least ATTEMPT to, hehe.
    Thanks for the prompt answer, much appreciated! This game has consumed my every waking moment. I may never sleep again!
    Sonja (Rowen Duskwalker...lvl16 Control Wizard, Mindflayer Zone)

Edit: Sorry about the quote thing zbkolde...new to the board, did not see the 'Reply With Quote' until after I already posted...*facepalm*
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ryladante wrote: »

Edit: Sorry about the quote thing zbkolde...new to the board, did not see the 'Reply With Quote' until after I already posted...*facepalm*

No worries at all. :)
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lots of objects in my second quest are now flagged 'contact' putting me over the dialog budget.

Tying to unflag them results in a message saying that I'm still over budget... and failing to update the flag change. That is, the only way it appears I can fix the problem is to delete the 100 or so objects and replace them entirely.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • calabraxcalabrax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ever since the patch one of my quests crashes the game every time I attempt to load it up for editing in the Foundry. All other quests open fine. Any ideas? There's only about 40 hrs work in it! :)
  • abhijitaabhijita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9
    edited September 2013
    I don't know if this has been added but the "drop a specific item" isn't working when its published and yet it works fine when you run test run it by loading it within the foundry. Also, I dunno if this is a bug or not but any chance of trying to fix where the item doesn't fall through the map your test toon is standing on? I know you can adjust it using the 3D controls but once you do and then when you go to publish it seems to go back under.

One other thing, thanks for setting this up. This so totally rocks!!!
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There appears to be another bug involving map duplication.
    Some details appear to be cloning when the map duplicates. I haven't seen this myself, but I've been told by other people that it has happened to them.
    What IS happening to me is that when I try to duplicate my map (1480 details), it hangs for a bit, then tells me I am critically over budget, and the entire game crashes. When I relog, the map has not duplicated. The only things on the map are details and teleporters. My guess is that enough of the details are cloning with that detail-clone-on-duplicate bug that it's going way over the 1500 limit (not hard since I was at 1480 to begin with), causing it to wig and crash.
    There's another thread about this specific bug, and supposedly someone is looking into fixing it, but there's been no activity on that thread in about a week.
  • cypher4realz#0615 cypher4realz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am a new author here and am finding myself very grateful that so many people have taken the time to help people like me out, so we can deliver the best possible foundry quests to our community! Thanks so much to you all, this is very helpful!
  • ch3radinech3radine Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi,

I just finished my foundry and would like to invite you to try it out. Its quite sensitive and eventful, so any comment would be welcome if smtg does not work as intended.

ASTORIA series chapter 1 - High time to get rich

You can find it in the foundry window 'for Review' tab, search for 'Astoria'. Anyone would write a review on it would be very appreciated. One review is needed to make it fully public for the folks in Neverwinter.

Enjoy and don't take anything to the heart - its a place fool villains and swindlers ;-)
    It definitely will not increase your self-confidence...
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Could we please have someone go through and remove all of the posts that basically say "bump" or "please sticky this" or such?
    As it is, you have to slog through a large amount of filler to find the bug reports and useful tips.

Thanks.

Also, I'm still having that crash bug on map duplicate (see post 206). I've posted a separate thread, I've posted here, I've filed bug reports, and I've heard nothing. Zip. Nada. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the attention of the Powers That Be and get one of them to help, or at least say "yeah, we're working on it"? It's "Os Diversorio", short code NW-DUXO9HKRP.
  • azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but how come on the foundry list in-game it has an "adjusted score"?
  • ootyfastootyfast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    G'day,

I posted about this in 2 other threads the latest thread someone posted to post the bugs
    in here. So rather than duplicate what I have already written here is the link to the thread
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?490191-New-Bug

I noticed another post this morning that was answered by a community dev saying the bug was
    now on the big Devs desk. Shame some more of our bug posts don't get at least a WAI or yeah
    we know about it.:(

I sent a new quest live last nite starts at a door in PE, yellow text no white enter the house text.
    Playing through the quest now Ooty and The Wacky Wizard and have an out of the box barn.
    An encounter was trying to push thru the wall, half in half out to get outside to fight me.
    Even my friends who have played thru my quests believe this aggro though walls and floors is a bug.

Ootyfast
    castle020.jpg
This discussion has been closed.