test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Critical Cleric (Deistik's build)

Comments

• neverwintercakeneverwintercake Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The vagueness of the tooltips was annoying me so much I decided to try and quantify divinity and AP gain a little. I sure hope it isn't some scheme to apply hidden nerfs without much of the player base noticing.

I used a lv 17 cleric that was stripped naked (except for weapon) with the target dummy as my victim. I had no relevant divinity or AP gain talents besides 2/5 domain synergy(which is something really interesting, elaboration in a bit). According to the character sheet my bonus AP gain was 4.3%, 4% from charisma and 0.3% from a tiny amount of recovery on my weapon (yes i'm a stingy *******). Interestingly the 2% from domain synergy was not reflected here, which makes me wonder if the whole talent itself is bugged or the character sheet is bugged.
    I only have access to a small selection of powers, so bear with me here.

AP gain:
    lance = 1%
    astral seal = ~1.66666666666.... %
    searing light = 5%
    blazing chains = 6%
    sunburst = 5% X no. of targets hit (!!!)

divine pips had no effect on AP gain and I couldn't check healing word since you actually need to heal damage to get AP and divinity. Crit appears to have no effect on AP gain.

1 pip of Divinity is approximately equal to:
    ~ 15 lances of faith (~6.66666666... %)
    ~ 9 astral seals (~11.111..... %)
    ~ 3 searing light / sunburst (~33.333333.... %)
    ~ 2 blazing chains + 2 lances of faith (~43.3333... %)

Crits didn't seem to help divinity gain significantly, if it did at all.

If someone has a nice and bored partner, send them out to take some damage in a hostile area and u can test the AP and divinity gain of healing powers. By no means do I claim these numbers to be 100% true, double check them with your own character and let's demystify this stuff (when calculating AP gain it's best to reset to 0% completely using your daily power if you're about to switch over to a different skill) !

edit for TLDR: Crits have no impact on divinity and AP gain sans feats, sunburst is awesome and domain synergy might be bugged

edit 2: bonus AP gain appears to be multiplicative ie in my case X 1.043
  • wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a paragon-path feat that makes crits help Divinity gain. Righteous Rage of Tempus.
    edited May 2013
    There's a paragon-path feat that makes crits help Divinity gain. Righteous Rage of Tempus.

yes but typically the baseline numbers and effects are important for calculations or even just vague predictions.
  • wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, that was a response to you saying crits have no impact on gain.
    edited May 2013
    Yes, that was a response to you saying crits have no impact on gain.

Fair enough, though I explicitly excluded divinity and AP gain feats wherever possible in my post. Surely you can't blame me for the incapability of others to understand basic english.

edit: if anything else, it raises even more questions about Righteous Rage of Tempus. It states that "Critical Damage generates an extra 2/4/6/8/10% more Divine Power." except that percentages are meaningless without a reference. 10% of what ? 10% of a pip ? It could also be misinterpreted to mean that critical damage generates extra Divine Power already.
  • marqu1nhomarqu1nho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yult wrote: »
    In case anyone gives a crud, I've decided to respec. These are the feats I am going to take. This is designed as an endgame dungeon healing spec.

Heroic:
    Greater Fortune - 2/3
    Toughness - 3/3
    [...]

yult May I ask why you favor Greater Fortune over Healing Action?
    Could you tell me how much WIS and how much AP Gain you have at your level 60 endgame build?

deistik Would you also be so kind to tell me your WIS and AP Gain in your crit build?

I have no idea what it will look like being level 60 and I want to avoid respecing if possible. Any other thoughts about this?
  • ariacariac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm only 20 and therefor don't know how much power to expect to have at this level, but could it be beneficial to take Initiate of the faith over bountiful fortune, and put the two extra points from domain synergy and healing action in bountiful fortune? Leaving healing action, domain synergy, and bountiful fortune at 2 and initiate at 5? I'm not sure how much power to expect to have at that point even when not intentionally stacking it since I'm still a **** at the game.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    Yup, 16+2STR 16WIS, 12CHA is still what I recommend for a max crit build :)

would a 15+2str 15wis 15cha adding to str and chan later on still work well? Cause that's what I got and i'm not sure if i'll have to start over again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • azmodanukazmodanuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is human a better class than Elf / Menzo?
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    IMO, yes. I went human for the STR and the extra feats.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    would a 15+2str 15wis 15cha adding to str and chan later on still work well? Cause that's what I got and i'm not sure if i'll have to start over again

15/15/15 isn't a possible stat array.
    edited May 2013
    15/15/15 isn't a possible stat array.

my bad, it was 15(+2)str +15wis +13cha.
    I understand that equipment has quite a bit of a bonus on reg so idk... though cha was not so important =/
    have i messed up or??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    You're fine. My stat array is simply for max crit, you aren't gimping yourself by going WIS, just put your points into STR and CHA from leveling.
    edited May 2013
    You're fine. My stat array is simply for max crit, you aren't gimping yourself by going WIS, just put your points into STR and CHA from leveling.

that i'll do.
    thanks.

Oh, and a couple more questions =D
    Is maxing dauting light and bastion of health a good idea? I find myself lacking a bit of damage and I think i could get that with daunting, and bastion seems a nice burst healing for the "oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" situations, but I actually don't know if in the end it's as powerful as it seems cause i won't be adding points into WIS. I also understand that HoT are preffered over burst heals in a critical build for the added higher chance of critically healing with a HoT as it has multiple ticks. Those i would swap depending on he party and the instance, some parties are pretty bad and some instances require a bit more of healing.

I just can't decide which one of the encounters you suggest should I drop in order to use one of the others i've mentioned. I though of FF butmaybe you'd suggest something else entirely different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    FF is the only one I could consider dropping. AS is required and HW is so much win. But, a crit FF is insane burst healing, as a DoT. There's reasons I use what I do :p

I maxed out both Daunting Light and BoH, just in case.
    edited May 2013
    That's what I though! :)
    Thank you vm!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I was told that Brand of the Sun adds divinity per tick and is a better divinity builder since you can cast and go while it builds divine power for you. I wonder if anyone has tried it and found it to be better for divine power gain (maybe replacing sacred flame) ?
    edited May 2013
    Well I'll be damned, it does. Puts it above Sacred Flames in my book.
  • montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    huh shud have left my sacred flame at a 1 then...damit...

anyway is 2/3 cleanse ok? so I can put other 3 in bountiful fortune?
    edited May 2013
    Yea, you can move a point from cleanse to wherever. I wouldn't go lower than 2/3 cleanse. I realize 3/3 is a little overkill, but I <3 my cures.

I respecced JUST to test BotS, don't feel too bad.
  • montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    thanks & how is it? super awesome?
    edited May 2013
    I feel that in a boss fight with 8-12 adds, it's going to be amazing D gain.
  • sevyxuoir68sevyxuoir68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can i make this build with a dwarf? :p
  • difinitusdifinitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know about Brand of the Sun... Sacred Flame generates Divinity much faster than Brand of the Sun. Even if BoTS gains on dots, the chance of landing it on everything and keep it up seems like you're still just standing around attacking, and if so then it's just better with Sacred Flame.
    edited May 2013
    You can make it with whatever race you want :)

This is just meant as a min/max perspective.
    edited May 2013
    I am going to test out brands v flames later tonight.

I have a feeling brand will work out better, since you can cast and then kite, and still get your divinity. Will report back.
    edited May 2013
    The one scenario where I see sacred flame being outright better is where there is only a single monster, so spamming SF gives you more divinity than BoTS (assuming you have the luxury of spamming it). It really depends on how much divinity you're gaining per tick from BoTS. Say at 4 applications it's producing as much as constantly spamming SF, you have spare BoTS duration of time for running around/casting other spells instead of spamming SF.
  • kynxixokkynxixok Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey guys...im new and a little lost,anyone can post an SS for the powers of this build? i want to know what i have to lvl
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Quick question. I looked over this because I'm pretty sure I'm going to roll a Cleric. I was wondering what makes Human best for Min/Max. Dwarves and Half-Orcs can also select a str bonus, and would the 5% half-orc critical bonus benefit us at all? I really don't know a whole lot about the game yet so I'm curious.
    edited May 2013
    Human is 3 extra heroic feats, that's what makes it min/max to me.