test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OBT & BW4 Swag Contest!

Comments

• iviylissiviyliss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is...any place that you can imagine, a world of your own making....a place that you can share with friends and others of the community. Neverwinter is.... a challenge of your imagination and a cozy place that you can call ...home!
  • dramar33dramar33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is taking the my childhood dreams and thoughts and making it a reality to the days when I first started RPGing with pen and paper...thank you so much
  • truefulcontruefulcon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is my dream come true!
  • sarahbastsarahbast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    479140847825894658_iFOooXfy_c.jpg
  • loganblakley302213loganblakley302213 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I should win something because I posted bugs in beta xD
  • battyfxxkbattyfxxk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ah, Neverwinter.

The thrill of fighting a tough Villain that could possibly end you and rising victoriously.
    Finding glorious treasure in an unlikely place.
    Mastering your skills as you advance into the unknown.
    Coming together to fight the forces of evil.
  • archon01234archon01234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is possibly the best MMORPG of all time, he** it's probably the best RPG of all time. And since RPG's are the best, it even makes Neverwinter the best game overall, ever!
  • thephil357thephil357 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is D&D really come to life the way D&D was supposed to be. It is a old school game finally come to life.
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is a treasure waiting to be discovered!
    icespirechest.jpg
  • vasdrakkenvasdrakken Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is hell frozen over. Neverwinter is my D&D campaigns that thousands of people will be playing. Neverwinter is being able to create adventures I spent crazy amounts of time building and allowing people to run through without me there to run it. If I'm lucky people will like it enough to make you tube videos of it. It is playing other DM's quests without the DM realizing I'm a DM myself and holding it against me if I come up with a creative solution to a problem he did not think of. Neverwinter is D&D without the rules lawyering, the part all of hate but the nature of the table top causes.

Right now Neverwinter is also limited. I can not build my own models, and textures. It is action FPS, where people are zerging the dungeons in the beta weekends. It is beautiful but very much a work in progress.

Neverwinter is a giant teetering at the precipice of change, will it fall to ruin a great idea that failed in execution or will it rise to greatness, and example games steal ideas from for years to come.

I do not know what Neverwinter is too me, because I see it as an opportunity to open the doors to so much player created content. A team of 200 can create a MMO in 3 to 4 years, having thousands of DM create adventures with the tools, will create a vast network of adventures, the catch is will there be enough art since there has been nothing said of new textures by players or the developers, new models, new faces and armors and so forth. Will this be my adventure in three years or will it be a cool attempt that fails because we are tired of seeing the same halls. The Neverwinter in my mind will be the same as tabletop D&D was in my mind only limited by what I could describe. Will this Neverwinter be the vast adventure that Neverwinter means to me I do not know but I hope it will be.

Amortis VasDrakken aka Vlor VasDrakken aka shirtless ben
    Go forth and live today as if it were yer last. For the Gods are Fickle.
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is a great place to show off that new sword to a pretty girl.
    swordjl.jpg
  • irjellyirjelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter: It's like D&D, for your computer.
  • double2bladedouble2blade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is the worst city in the Forgotten Realms to live in. Or the best. Depending on your perspective. I mean, if you enjoy constant attacks, plagues, natural disasters, and gnome-sized rats (aka kobolds) in your sewer...
  • randall16121randall16121 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    15wlyfo.png

Neverwinter is THE mmo-rpg with the most realistic physics ever!
    Also a place to get away and enjoy with friends. :J
  • theragmannltheragmannl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Attachment not found.

ogdiz7.jpg

"The Wanderer"

I think this image grasps the concept that is Neverwinter.

I used a painting of Casper David Friedrich who embodied the adventurer searching for himself in this painting.

Hope you enjoy.

Ps: IF i'm in the exhilarating position to win anything, I have a shipping adress in the US. ;)
  • otzbergerotzberger Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is the most anticipated MMORPG for fans of D&D and fans of R.A. Salvatore combining innovative combat mechanics and stunning graphics.
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is what the player makes of it.

It can literally be anything you want with a little imagination, the willingness to suspend belief and allow yourself to get drawn in to the world of Forgotten Realms.

If what you want is not in the world, you can create it yourself and let others experience it with you.

It's a dream come true for Dungeons and Dragons fans and fans of all fantasy role playing games.

If that's not enough to get me one of those gaming mice, here's a picture of a fuzzy bunny.

fuzzybunny.jpg

Still not enough? How about some tiger cubs.

Amur+Tiger+Cubs.jpg

Now how about one of those g700s?
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • draconiansouldraconiansoul Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    555958_10151381894613951_488865143_n.jpg
  • kynzickynzic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Imagine standing in the town square amongst a throng of enthusiastic gamers. Looking towards the dais, you see a young looking older gentleman taking position. Semi-well dressed looking for someone that appears to be a battle tested, well seasoned gamer. All eyes drift to him and a hush settles over the crowd as he begins to speak...

I remember the old days when the tabletop gaming world of D&D moved into the Forgotten Realms. I have played all of the computer based versions I could going all the way back to the Bard's Tale on the old C64 (kinda dating myself, I know). Of all the realms I have played in, I have always seemed to enjoy the games set in Neverwinter and other areas in the Forgotten Realms universe. All of these games offer a graphical representation of all things we old school tabletop players could only imagine. They offer a means to suspend life in reality and immerse oneself in worlds we can only imagine. The joy of becoming the hero, the villain, or even someone in between. To be the hand of justice, or vengeance, or even to makes the choice that best serves your own needs. Ultimately to be whomever it is you choose to be, if only for a few hours at a time, and just have fun. And now to be able to do it in a place where we can meet and make new friends from places we might never get to see... All of this, in a universe many of us have read about or envisioned while at the table in a group... Neverwinter is that place people!

I am sure these thoughts hold true for most any type of game and gamer in the PC/Console world. But this game, like many previous D&D games, is as much about it's community of players as it is the game play. This game has been coming for a while, we know. After playing the beta, I am happy to say at this point, I am glad it has taken this long to give us such a great work in progress. The hope is that this will be just that, an ever improving, ever expanding work in progress that surpasses all it's predecessors and pretenders. That game that truly becomes the measuring stick of future great games of this ilk. (I could go on and on, but i hope y'all get the point) ;):p:D

(Creative enough I hope...Walking from the dais now. Leading an exuberant cheer of thanks!)
    All that being said, HURRY UP AND GET STARTED GETTING FINISHED SO WE CAN GET STARTED! LOL!

Thanks for the time readers,
    Kynzic
  • fredalbobfredalbob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is a place for my axe!
    (I'm not an artist, but my desktop is broken. So I can't take an SS)
    1ukumRO.jpg
  • spiritrush1spiritrush1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter is like Diablo III error 37.
    we can only ship to addresses in the United States.

It's Ok, I'll See Myself Out.
    KBNcZ.gif
    The wicked mind is sharp with self interest,
    The honourable mind is much easier to manipulate,
    A swift mind solves problems before they occur,
    Accept your fate, or lie, pretend,
    Death collects you in the end,
    The light that reveals is the glare that blinds,
    Knowledge brings power, and with power you can
    grab truth by the throat and shape it as you wish,
    A large enough debt turns even a friend into an enemy,
    Danger is the price of wealth.
  • seraphfseraphf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    contest_zpsf6e7e67b.jpg

What is Neverwinter?

A place where you find hope even if you are sitting in a pile of ork dung. A place, where weird relations aren't weird at all. A place where big people have big issues and where the beasts of the wild could turn out to be your best friends. A place where you can be enlightened by the thousands of choices you made and least but not last a place you call home, where you can watch everyone who you love and care.
  • vestinious1vestinious1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What is Neverwinter ?

Well if you played this then this is all D&D & in turn Neverwinter winter is/was ;)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/01all.jpg/
    01all.jpg
  • tartajatartaja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A new second life
  • mofoleonemofoleone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hm it was nice autumn evening, me and my faithfull cleric friend Jarela were having a break from hard days of work in various dungeons, and quests from villagers. I was polishing my shield, preparing myself for new adventures ahead and listening to stories of Jarela.
    Night was dark, full of shadows but my campfire provided us some protection against non welcome guests that night.
    And then, all of a sudden we heard something...a noise nearby! A dull sound of something heavy...trying to move...thought it was my imagination or maybe it was moonshine effect...but the I saw the look on Jarela's face, that gave me confirmation, that she heard it as well!
    We had to check it out. I took my well polished steel shield, my ******* sword family heilroom passed down to me, my sworn follower through many adventures! We started to investigate with caution!

ALL OF A SUDDEN I SAW MY CHEST OF LOOTS JUMPING STRAIGHT FORWARD TO ME! Attacked me, but I successfully blocked its attack. Jarela jumped to my aid. It was strong fight to the last drop of blood..or should I say last piece of wood, because at the end we were victorious!

I will try to share some of that moment with you people here, and this is a lesson to us all! Always be on guard!

N9BXGgy.jpg

What is neverwinter? Story of individuals, that's what neverwinter is.
  • rusemkdrusemkd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been to Neverwinter and all i got was a chance to post and not get any!
    Knocks Cadderly's ram-headed walking stick 3 times on the grount
  • realmcjokerrealmcjoker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter...where fortunes can be made, and just as quickly lost; where excitement, adventure, and danger lurk around just about every corner; where one's life may depend on...YOU, the hero!
  • edalejaredalejar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    About some dark streets...

screenshot2013032415562.jpg
  • essaidisessaidis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okey my drawing of my great weapon fighter and my "wishing" great axe :D is done, hope you like it :)
    Sadly I live in Europe.. :( even tho I would love to be a part of this contest.

Merupcolored_zps85a420d9.jpg
  • errahnerrahn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello all. Can I use one of the wallpapers that are provided on the site to whip something up in photoshop? I didn't run my game through steam so all my screenshots came out black. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.