Install Arc
Options

Great Weapon Fighter worst class

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF is not worst but it can surely use a boost.
    dat555 wrote: »
    "Gwf sucks, worst class QQ" yall mad cuz bad. Sure the sentinel tree should hold agro better, but I top every damage meter in dungeons, take the most damage, usually do the most healing, and get the most killibg blows. I can kill every class in pvp but a really good cleric too. (I just ignore gfs)

You crybabies are a prime example of learn2play

Nice troll post. Next time don't just post empty words and post a video or screenshot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    telakjfkjahtelakjfkjah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF definitely SUCKS at lower levels, which I feel really makes it hard to stick with the class until it does get good. It definitely needs some rebalancing at low levels (I feel like all the classes probably need some rebalancing at low levels) just so it's not so depressingly bad solo. I really do like how it's an AoE MONSTER.
  • Options
    tehdirktehdirk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm 14 now, as a GWF, over fighting the many arrows orcs. God help me, I feel like I'm swinging a styrofoam sword. The amount of effort to do well versus the other classes at this level is asinine. I did not have to work this hard as a TR. I see CW's laughing at me, finishing off whatever packs I'm fighting. I feel like I'm in the playoffs..every time I get into a fight. Trust me, I bust my ***, cause I hate chugging pots..I know in 2 levels I get a cleric. I get it. But this is painful.

And seriously..the RMB that charge up swing. It's a joke. It works great when you can use it.. but when you have two big dudes and a couple little guys..you just end up flopping around like a fish. The wind up is terrible. I mean, I don't think this class should be getting knocked around. Should stand there like a stone. Maybe they do at later levels. Most of this is because I sometimes pull extra packs because I'm juking and dodging to stay out of the red circles.

I get it, the class shines later on. But at the same time, being on edge and chugging potions isn't a whole lot of fun. Not when a CW strolls by and just melts everything I spent the last minute fighting. Not when a TR melts everything in seconds.

don't care if it's a necro. first page on google.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a TR, never been outdamaged by anybody until yesterday. A GWF named Brooser on Mindflayer did more damage than me even though he had the same tier gears as me. I asked him how he did it. He said it's because he never went for single targets and always went for all the mobs that were on the cleric.

Yeah, I guess you're all fkin idiots. Build your class correctly.
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    I'm a TR, never been outdamaged by anybody until yesterday. A GWF named Brooser on Mindflayer did more damage than me even though he had the same tier gears as me. I asked him how he did it. He said it's because he never went for single targets and always went for all the mobs that were on the cleric.

People know the GWF can do decent AoE damage. But on bosses he is useless. Why bring GWF when you can take another rogue and just have your CW cc the mobs? The GWFs need a boost.
  • Options
    xylithanxylithan Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »

Yea that's right, because you got beat by 1 GWF, that immediately makes everyone that has anything bad to say about the class, as you call them, "Fkin idiots"

Bravo, Bravo. You won an internet.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm playing GWF since i started the game few weeks ago and i'm at level 56 now. I'll share my impression so far:

Leveling and exping in general is not hard. Except for the first 10 or so levels. When you get the companion, if you go for cleric you can do anything with ease.
    If you do your homework and build it correctly, you can usually fight 90% of the time in unstoppable mode and use your daily often.
    AoE damage is good, even if for a DPS AoE class i would make it a bit higher. Slam+ WMS however can clear mob crowds incredibly fast, even in dungeons.
    So far i didn't have the impression of not being able to tank a boss. I do it and they usually go down. Probably a rogue can bring them down faster, but i don't feel like i'm unuseful. I really don't see why GWF can't be of use. May be things are very different in epic dungeons? I'll see. Plus, i can help a lot to clear the mob crowds.
    As for single target damage, may be it needs a boost. I mean: ok we are AoE killers. But. We have to do PvP too, and in PvP you never have the enemies packed up together.
    GWF can fight a TR even if they deal more damage. You can compensate with unstoppable and stuns. But they still have some advantages (faster, can dodge, can cc more).
    With clerics...idk, looks like it takes ages to kill one.
    With CW i have problems. Ok you eat the first wave of damage, you bear their long cc and take the damage, you go through their teleports and work hard to get into range. And when, after a hard work, you reach them... your damage is laughable. I do less damage on CW than on any other class. Right now i have around 2,5k power, 525 weapon damage and 1,7k defense+ 18-19k health. Against TR, GWF and even GF i do visible damage. When i reach them and hit them with my encounters...i barely make their hp go down for a mere 10%. May be i miss something?

BTW, may be GWF could use a boost in both AoE DPS and single target DPS. TR is still faster, have stealth, can dodge and deal more damage. But may be the difference in damage dealt could be reduced.
    This way the GWF could be taken into consideration for dungeons too, and have its own strenght in PvP (i mean, a CW have the advantage in the long range and works to keep me far from him. But if i manage to get to him, i should be able to deal a ton of damage)
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    grienne wrote: »
    People know the GWF can do decent AoE damage. But on bosses he is useless. Why bring GWF when you can take another rogue and just have your CW cc the mobs? The GWFs need a boost.

You're ****ing kidding right? I get tons of requests every day for CN runs because of my purpose on the boss, which is simple. I:

1. Help with adds while CWs pop at first, killing when necessary, corralling them together so singularity does its job.

2. Use GPF and my CC powers on the dracolich. Flourish, for example, breaks his attacks, giving the TR or other GWF I run with the ability to continue focusing on attacks.

3. Once adds are handled, I hit the boss, and tear down its life.

Same thing in any other epic, I tend to be on the boss ALWAYS, for a good reason. And I've saved tons of battles when the other DPS dies. Yesterday I completed dracolich solo when two of the party went down, so yeah, you're so full of ****. Anyone who says this anymore is in a ****ty guild and has played with the usual bad GWF player, which is about 90% of them sadly. My AOE damage is extremely useful in add groupings, but you have to know how to build to get there. Most don't. If I wasn't worth my party's time, all the time, then I wouldn't be drawing the minimum 34 million damage per CN run that I usually do. Give me a break man, cut this opinion out, it's so freaking old now. I'd maybe agree with you three months ago, but you're like a man stuck in the Jim Crow south still talking about the late 1700s with this kind of attitude. The GWF is extremely useful in dungeons, all epics, CN, whatever. You have no clue.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    BTW, may be GWF could use a boost in both AoE DPS and single target DPS. TR is still faster, have stealth, can dodge and deal more damage. But may be the difference in damage dealt could be reduced.
    This way the GWF could be taken into consideration for dungeons too, and have its own strenght in PvP (i mean, a CW have the advantage in the long range and works to keep me far from him. But if i manage to get to him, i should be able to deal a ton of damage)

NO, you just need better gear and need to understand the class better, it doesn't need anything. See my PvP record in my sig? Yeah. Talk to someone like TankMode or Blessa to find out what a real PvP GWF is like. People always whining around here, it's worse than D3, but at least they had a reason for it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    NO, you just need better gear and need to understand the class better, it doesn't need anything. See my PvP record in my sig? Yeah. Talk to someone like TankMode or Blessa to find out what a real PvP GWF is like. People always whining around here, it's worse than D3, but at least they had a reason for it.

May be you could calm down a little?
    I wrote i was going to share my experience, not whining. Plus, i wrote multiple times "may be i miss something", so what i'm saying is just a guess.
    Yes, i need better gear. Better understand the class...uhm, no. I can tell after reading a lot and watching lots of videos made by people like you, that i'm not playing it wrong, and my build is exactly how it should be.

And i also explained where my guesses came from. I usually, even playing with no PvP potions and with a basic horse as a Mount (+50% speed), plus just a 5k very basic equipment, can make it to the upper half of the PvP chart. But i got some doubts about how i've experienced low damage on CW, while on TR or GWF or DC i do more damage. As i said, may be i miss something. Is it really just difference in equipment?
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The difference between equipment can be monumental in pvp. You'll get GWF's that will say they only have a 9k gs, but when you look at their enchants they're rocking full tene's and are tanky as turtles. If you have a 5k gear score you're going to get yourself one-shotted until you can at least get the pvp gear. Depending on your class, the base pvp gear isn't the best option either. It really should be tweaked.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    And i also explained where my guesses came from. I usually, even playing with no PvP potions and with a basic horse as a Mount (+50% speed), plus just a 5k very basic equipment, can make it to the upper half of the PvP chart. But i got some doubts about how i've experienced low damage on CW, while on TR or GWF or DC i do more damage. As i said, may be i miss something. Is it really just difference in equipment?

I'm just sick of GWF whiners man, 90% of GWF players are terrible and don't know what they're doing. It's like the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> class of Neverwinter. It is just a difference in equipment, yes. That's all it is for any class at 60. I've one-shotted countless TRs and CWs in PvP, it's just gear. Winning is how you play, however. At least sometimes, if you're playing a good premade. Who in the hell uses PvP pots? So pointless! I don't understand why anyone buys them, just get the ones on the ground.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I wasn't whining about GWF's. I was pointing out that if you face the same class as your own in the same gear and they have top enchantments and you don't you'll be at a big disadvantage. There is skill in pvp to a degree; but gear allows some leeway that you wouldn't have otherwise.
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    GWF is arguably the strongest PvP class imho

they defend nodes amazingly well

they soak damage and with regen builds + unstoppable are able to eat tons of damage

they have burst speed to gtfo and run to pots

but you guys cry about TR's when I watch GWF's taking on 5+ players in GG and living

the playerbase here is a bunch of crying losers
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I was in GG earlier and watched a GWF soak up damage from 8 players and then run away to tell the tale.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    GWF is arguably the strongest PvP class imho

they defend nodes amazingly well

they soak damage and with regen builds + unstoppable are able to eat tons of damage

they have burst speed to gtfo and run to pots

but you guys cry about TR's when I watch GWF's taking on 5+ players in GG and living

the playerbase here is a bunch of crying losers

I always feel good when I burst down a GWF in GG. Of course a GWF with a supporting DC...nightmare combo.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    GWF feels like a misguided puppy to me.

Rogues outdamage him.

GF outlive him.

He's the worst of both worlds.

You guys are joking right ? The only unkillable class in this game is a GWF with 37k life and 50% deflect with massive regen. They are by far the best tanks in PvP and have super speed to get away while being immune to pot. A GWF has 2 sets that give 1600 and 1800 HP so they can attain the most HP in game with most deflect so I don't get that. Only class that can 1v3 and keep going and not die.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I agree with Abombination on this. As a TR I have to juke and move to be able to take a GWF down. Even in semi-decent gear the knockdowns and health regen alone make it tough.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I agree with Abombination on this. As a TR I have to juke and move to be able to take a GWF down. Even in semi-decent gear the knockdowns and health regen alone make it tough.

Face palm.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You guys are joking right ? The only unkillable class in this game is a GWF with 37k life and 50% deflect with massive regen. They are by far the best tanks in PvP and have super speed to get away while being immune to pot. A GWF has 2 sets that give 1600 and 1800 HP so they can attain the most HP in game with most deflect so I don't get that. Only class that can 1v3 and keep going and not die.

Mmmm... i may be wrong, may be i don't know how the best gear works, but if you get your GWF to 37k hp, 50% deflect and massive regen, could it be that your damage will suck a bit? I mean, to make such a build, you've to sacrifice tons of power, ap and crit. You would be unkillable, but you won't be able to kill either.
    I agree that unstoppable is what makes the difference for gwf. But idk if making it a tank is the right choice... you won't be able to deal damage in pvp, and in pve you don't have what it takes to keep the aggro on you. Am i wrong?
    I think you've to balance damage and survivability, finding the right sinergy between the different powers and skills.

Anyway, i don't think all people just "whine", some people like me just expressed the thought that may be it needed a little boost in damage. Wrong or right, i don't think a flame war is the solution. Just talk about it quietly.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Mmmm... i may be wrong, may be i don't know how the best gear works, but if you get your GWF to 37k hp, 50% deflect and massive regen, could it be that your damage will suck a bit? I mean, to make such a build, you've to sacrifice tons of power, ap and crit. You would be unkillable, but you won't be able to kill either.
    I agree that unstoppable is what makes the difference for gwf. But idk if making it a tank is the right choice... you won't be able to deal damage in pvp, and in pve you don't have what it takes to keep the aggro on you. Am i wrong?
    I think you've to balance damage and survivability, finding the right sinergy between the different powers and skills.

Anyway, i don't think all people just "whine", some people like me just expressed the thought that may be it needed a little boost in damage. Wrong or right, i don't think a flame war is the solution. Just talk about it quietly.

The GWF's with 37K HP are either irritating backcappers who won't die or devastating monsters doing all their damage with stacked Greater Tenebrous.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    The GWF's with 37K HP are either irritating backcappers who won't die or devastating monsters doing all their damage with stacked Greater Tenebrous.

What tang said, 7 x GT will **** with this build because you just won't die. Only possible ways of dying is prones, even lashings and dailies do mediocre damage, especially with the current rejuv potion exploit.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So, just to understand...

37k hp you reach through all stats in con/str+ gear and hp boosting eroic feat (don't remember the name)
    You stack Greater tenebrous enchant, which makes up for your poor power and damage. Does the chance of inflict the necrotic damage stacks too or just the damage? Is the chance high enough?
    Overall it sounds like a GF with unstoppable and other GWF abilities.

Is there any PvP video of such a build at work (the one with GTE, not the backcapper cause it sounds boring)? I'm curious.

Fascinating thing about GWF, is how many build you can make, all effective in one way or another.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    This is one of those threads which is a prime example as to why necromancy is against the rules.

If you ever find yourself scratching your head over opinions it is best to check when they were actually posted because if it is over a month old there's a good chance that their opinions were formed based on content which has since been changed. ;)

If you would like to continue this discussion feel free to create a new thread but it's clear that the out of date opinions have and will continue to derail this thread.
This discussion has been closed.