What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Great Weapon Fighter worst class

Comments

• Options
    lemonromeoolemonromeoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is all about knowing what you want and play style..I focus on damage and thats what I do, GWF great for solo and in party
  • Options
    syle123syle123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is all about knowing what you want and play style..I focus on damage and thats what I do, GWF great for solo and in party

u are playing different game son
    gwf worst class until lvl 40 - at which point all classes equalize more less - so play 40 lvls as most gimped worst dps class - that's right lower dps than a cleric that will decide to dps
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bismar7 wrote: »
    I kinda think they need to increase hit attack speed by 50%.
    but i only played like 10 levels so.

I am seriously not trying to be a donkey here. But if you only player 10 levels, you got another 50 to go, which brings items, powers, and feats. Check them out before adding your two cents. Even if you don't intend on doing so, you are feeding the cry-babies who cannot adapt or adjust and solv their lack of imagination by crying about nerfs and buffs to suit their own preconcieved notion about how it "should be".

But I have to give a thumbs up to those that counter these arguments. Keep up the work, or we will eventually get New Game Content.
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gwf can out dps a TR endgame... Just get the right build and set up. Just everyone gives up on them or do bad builds because they are late bloomers.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »
    Gwf can out dps a TR endgame... Just get the right build and set up. Just everyone gives up on them or do bad builds because they are late bloomers.

This sounds hopelessly optimistic to me. Given the short amount of time since people have hit 60, how would anyone know how properly optimized builds will stack up against each other.

What isn't in doubt though is that while levelness, at least for the first 30-40 levels, GWFs are pretty poor compared to ALL the other classes.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »

I've been at end game for almost a week now and the highest I've seen a GWF is 3rd place. Rogues, Control Wizards, and Guardian Fighters all do more damage.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've been at end game for almost a week now and the highest I've seen a GWF is 3rd place. Rogues, Control Wizards, and Guardian Fighters all do more damage.

Wait - so you mean we can finally beat the healing class in DPS at endgame. :)

So all those people that said being the worst DPS for the first 30-40 levels was okay because afterwards we improved were right after all.......
  • Options
    exiledtyrantexiledtyrant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    does anyone see the point of spinning strike? after getting avalanche of steel it seems there's no point to using our first daily. AoS hit's a much larger area for more damage and much higher crit. The only thing I could see spinning be useful for is for the proc feats to lower defense and proc bleeding.

I am level 27 now and I like the animation, I like that we have a good source of crit and deflection (25% crit rate already and 20% deflection with almost no investment), and I like the utility we can offer. I hate the damage as of now. Rogues pop multiple 1.5-2k crits in the 29 battle ground at the moment even through my 20% damage reduct and unstoppable. my at wills barely crit for 200 and I use the 2 highest base damage moves take down and restoring strike which usually do 700-800 each. The damage feels way to low and far between even when i string lots of crits together.

in Pve I am usually dead last dps wise and 2 or 3rd kill wise. I have not had to buy a potion yet but I have had to get a cleric pet at 25 as my dog was not cutting it for the amount of damage I was taking. it has been a definite struggle next to the rogues I have seen zipping by killing the mobs i have been fighting before i get a 2nd swing off.

I see people saying 35+ it gets better and that we scale with gear so I can only hope, but doesn't that just mean we became a blade master at this point and that the great weapon fighter was just a waste?
  • Options
    trickyflokitrickyfloki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play GWF and just hit 22 today. I do not feel underpowered at all and this is probably due to duoing with a cleric friend. My play style is to take every hit tossed my way and build to unstoppable very quickly. This has let me be first or second in dps in every dungeon now that I have a weapon to compare to the starter weapons for HOTN/Guardians. Also, use slam on cooldown, amazing daily!!!
  • Options
    gzzuss01gzzuss01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just want to know if we can use axes?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gzzuss01 wrote: »
    i just want to know if we can use axes?

I think I read that there are axes in the game, but I am not sure how easy they are to acquire.
  • Options
    dentzaudentzau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At level 20 you can buy an ax at the AD store. From there, you can continually change your sword's appearances to axes with some AD.

Other than that, I believe axes and maces are few and far between.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I know there is one axe and one mace skin; hopefully it's a sign of things to come, because everyone using swords will get boring.
  • Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No idea why people keep complaining regarding the GWF. I loved it in alpha, beta and even now as well! I have no problems in PVP or in PVE. Of course, there are always people better than yourself in PVP that will kick your *** but you either learn from it and get better or you don't.

If you're having fun with it, then that's great, just keep playing and don't worry about what other people are saying.

With that said, as far as PvP goes, at least for sub 30 GWF is very lackluster here. The GWF has terrible single target damage during these levels and pretty much every class is going to choke you out 1 on 1, skill and gear being equal. If you're a great player and someone isn't, sure you can beat them. Same thing if there is a big gear disparity. But in the under 30 bracket even the CWs rarely feel the need to dodge away from you because your single target damage is so poor. The only thing you really bring to PvP is some very minor CC and mediocre to poor damage.
  • Options
    rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    People don't understand that the average player opinion on classes balance is almost always a good indicator of a class overall power: if the average player with low skills manages to get the good out of it, the skilled one will do even better. There can be niche builds but those are another story.
    Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
  • Options
    stermistermi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi saviorgun, I've sent to you 2 PM but I think that the forum is pretty bugged.
    Can you please share to us 2 feats build one for PVP and one for PVE?

• Options
    vulupvulup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Average players should only expect to play any class, especially in pvp, well at best, never great, but most of them expect to faceroll every other class and will whine if they dont't.
  • Options
    beil86beil86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What changes for the GWF at 40? new skills that do more damage? or a single skill that gets all the others to hit harder?
    Do they get better single target dps?

At 60 can they kill in pvp? at 29 i have yet to ever see a GWF kill much in PVP or even come near the top dps, have a hard time beliving that changes so fast in 11 lvls.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    beil86 wrote: »
    What changes for the GWF at 40? new skills that do more damage? or a single skill that gets all the others to hit harder?
    Do they get better single target dps?

At 60 can they kill in pvp? at 29 i have yet to ever see a GWF kill much in PVP or even come near the top dps, have a hard time beliving that changes so fast in 11 lvls.

It is not that GWF suddenly become great DPS at 40 it is just that they start to close to gap between them and the other classes. Apparently this continues until endgame. Basically TR and CW start very strong and stay very strong from level 1 to 60, while GWF start out extremely weak and gets (relatively speaking of course) better.
  • Options
    baofengyubaofengyu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The class has been nerfed into complete garbage. A huge let down. The healing strike might as well not heal you for the little it does, the sure strikes might as well tickle the enemy for the amount of damage it does, the armor might as well be light. It has significantly less dps then a rogue and half the survivability of a guardian. There is no ability to solo in lower levels and generally feels like your dragging the party down. It being the first class i tried (i was psyched to play it since the promo video for it) i thought the game was just difficult. it isn't. The class just does little or no damage while having not enough in the way of defense.

Needs a SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE BOOST to be on par with ANY other CLASSES. Does not have a role to play as it currently is built. Oh and don't bother with reaping strike. My girlfriend and i were playing experimenting with it. Its useless.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    baofengyu wrote: »
    The class has been nerfed into complete garbage.

It has significantly less dps then a rogue and half the survivability of a guardian.

The class just does little or no damage while having not enough in the way of defense.

Needs a SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE BOOST to be on par with ANY other CLASSES. Does not have a role to play.

In my experience up till level 40 after the heavy nerfs in BW4 it is actually worse than this, as it seems that a GWF has less DPS than a GF and worse survivability than a TR.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Actually in my experience up till level 40 after the heavy nerfs in BW4 it is actually worse than this, as it seems that a GWF has less DPS than a GF and worse survivability than a TR.

You know what? The rogue burns down enemies faster that it doesnt even need the defense, and the GW does have more dps. lol We have a full party doing this and i really want to re-roll so im not so useless. its a shame the class would have made a great striker. too bad they made it a poor tank.
  • Options
    elspethtirelnwelspethtirelnw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Sentinel tree needs to be significantly re-tuned... Although, I've just about lost all hope due to the silence and lack of player concern.
    | Banners of the Light | Recruitment is open | End Game PvE and PvP |
    | Lust | Level 60 Guardian Fighter 15.8k GS|
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well if we're loud enough on this thread maybe it will make a difference. I dont think anyones really gonna listen though.
  • Options
    terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Sentinel tree needs to be significantly re-tuned... Although, I've just about lost all hope due to the silence and lack of player concern.

Really, it's been a week since headstart, not even a week since OB officially started. The class is fine, it needs sone tuning like all of them, but it's far from being unplayable, you can do every single piece of content in the game as it is now.
  • Options
    dat555dat555 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Gwf sucks, worst class QQ" yall mad cuz bad. Sure the sentinel tree should hold agro better, but I top every damage meter in dungeons, take the most damage, usually do the most healing, and get the most killibg blows. I can kill every class in pvp but a really good cleric too. (I just ignore gfs)

You crybabies are a prime example of learn2play
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    From the 'How to spot a Troll Post' guide:

Check the number of unbelievable remarks made in a post.
    dat555 wrote: »
    "
    top every damage meter in dungeons,
    take the most damage,
    do the most healing,
    get the most killibg blows
    kill every class in pvp

learn2play

Yep, troll post.

Shouldn't really ask this but I am just too curious. By "do the most healing" do you mean what you actually wrote, or that that you drink the most healing pots?

Because if you meant what you actually wrote that sounds, err, even more impressive then your other claims ;)
  • Options
    dat555dat555 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I group with a cleric friend of mine and I spam potions and restoring strike with 5% lifesteal so he can focus on damage more. I facetank dungeons in destroyer spec, although ivl49.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well I group with a cleric friend of mine and I spam potions and restoring strike with 5% lifesteal so he can focus on damage more. I facetank dungeons in destroyer spec, although ivl49.

Wait, let me get this right - the basis for most of your claims is that you can out-DPS your healer friend at level 49?

If this isn't the case, please do post videos of you coming top in every single PvP, so all the rest of us that need to 'L2P' can all benefit from your amazing skills. And at least a dozen images of you topping group dungeons (not just you and your friend) - seeing as you are top every single time that should be trivial, right?
  • Options
    roziakroziak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Gwf sucks, worst class QQ" yall mad cuz bad. Sure the sentinel tree should hold agro better, but I top every damage meter in dungeons, take the most damage, usually do the most healing, and get the most killibg blows. I can kill every class in pvp but a really good cleric too. (I just ignore gfs)

You crybabies are a prime example of learn2play

If ur so good brah share ur specc with us
This discussion has been closed.