Options

Clarification about Drow in Hero of the North Packs

12346»

Comments

• Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lilura138 wrote: »
    I personally would like to see Drow available since Hero of the North got an exclusive Menzoberranzan Drow

I am a Hero of the North. And being one I don't mind the reg Drow being available at launch. As long as the Menzo Drow is exclusive. With that being said I wouldn't even mind the Menzo Skin, Tat, Armor, and Faerie Fire becoming available via ZEN store later down the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bedroomjesusbedroomjesus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    I am a Hero of the North. And being one I don't mind the reg Drow being available at launch. As long as the Menzo Drow is exclusive. With that being said I wouldn't even mind the Menzo Skin, Tat, Armor, and Faerie Fire becoming available via ZEN store later down the road.

I could have sworn I looked at this like 15 minutes ago and it was lilura138 that said what you just said.
  • Options
    elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I still say being bumped to the front of the line when the game only offers one server is reason enough to buy the HotN. It should upset people even more than a race that will now be locked to everyone for 60 days so the HotN will feel more praised for forking over the cash. One server, players from across the globe logging on all at once. No where does it say this will be a HotN exclusive, so maybe later on we will see a VIP option for $50 or so latter on.
    2.jpg
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I could have sworn I looked at this like 15 minutes ago and it was lilura138 that said what you just said.

Yeah, mysterious changes happen in these forums a lot. My early reply to the Moderator on this page is completely AWOL (removed) without any notice - even though there was nothing offensive or controversial in it. It's okay, I just LOL about it. I'll repeat part of it:

I couldn't care any less about the Drow race or any part of it (just my own opinion) and it certainly wasn't a deciding part of the Founder's package for me. As for "exclusive value" aspect: sure: I hope the Mezzo costume and Spider mount never become a freebie. However, if they ended up in the Zen Store at any point then I have no problem with that whatsoever.

Though I do understand the Mezzo costume will remain forever exclusive to the HotN pack (and obviously things can change later on) - I also understand the spider mount is the same (forever exclusive) - but if a vote were held right now as to allowing it into the Zen Store, I'd vote "yes" - I mean, why not? Just give it the same "60-day delay" or sumfin.

As for the "vanilla" drow availability to general population 60-day delay: I have no opinion one way or the other. I think the costume exclusivity is value enough. At the same time, I also appreciate what Cryptic is trying to do with regard to beefing-up the value of HotN packs in a "thank you" sort of way, if that is the motivation for this policy.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Thats odd. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Tip for all you hero pack owners. If you think you are gonna catch hell about being able to access the renegade drow and you think you might get hate mail. Just use your guardian forum title so noone knows you are a hero. I think you get more respect as a guardian.
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    Tip for all you hero pack owners. If you think you are gonna catch hell about being able to access the renegade drow and you think you might get hate mail. Just use your guardian forum title so noone knows you are a hero. I think you get more respect as a guardian.
    I see what you did there. Sneaky.
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Just think. All those people who have the guardian titles probably are really hero owners and just don't want people to give them hell about being able to access the renegade drow.

Lots of heroes.
  • Options
    toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why would anyone give someone hell for being able to make a drow? it doesn't really make any sense. Let them, in any case. I don't care. It just makes them seem like whiny gits.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    You have not noticed the 100's of threads about hero pack owners get the drow, why can't I?
  • Options
    xdreeganxxdreeganx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You have not noticed the 100's of threads about hero pack owners get the drow, why can't I?

Silly peasant. Only those of us who want to burn 200 dollars get the right to enjoy something like that at launch!

Joking aside, it still kinda stings. 2 months for something so simple, that people feel very strongly about. It definitely -feels wrong-, but aside from raising a stink about it, that's all we can do.
    MQl1o52.png
    Arrows and Blades do not have names on them.
    They are addressed, "To whom it may concern.."
  • Options
    neyarineyari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xdreeganx wrote: »
    Silly peasant. Only those of us who want to burn 200 dollars get the right to enjoy something like that at launch!

Joking aside, it still kinda stings. 2 months for something so simple, that people feel very strongly about. It definitely -feels wrong-, but aside from raising a stink about it, that's all we can do.
    Honestly the only thing you can do is Not give them your money if you disagree with it.

Not saying "Don't" spend money on the game, but refusal to pay for anything for the first month or two (drow delay time) should send a message hopefully. The first two weeks to a month are the most important ones to a new games release.

You can petition and protest on the forums all you want, but honestly the people that matter regarding this decision likely do not read all that goes on here. Despite good points for both sides, there was no transparency on why this decision was made.

I feel bad for those who got the news and immediately shelled out 200 dollars towards their unlocks. Only to find that they too cannot make a normal drow (at least thats what I gather from the first post here.)
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Do you get both titles with the Hero-pack?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    No, you get the hero of the north title from the hero pack and you get the guardian from the guardian pack.

We all know that hero pack owners also bought the guardian pack cause it is only $60 more.
  • Options
    babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No, you get the hero of the north title from the hero pack and you get the guardian from the guardian pack.

We all know that hero pack owners also bought the guardian pack cause it is only $60 more.

That's a crazy assumption there krubar. Ever considered that maybe you're a *special* case :p
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    babylon wrote: »
    That's a crazy assumption there krubar. Ever considered that maybe you're a *special* case :p

Yeah, it is ridiculous :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    LOL, bet you don't think I caught that zagemogga. :P

Welcome to the club.

Seriously we need a forum title that has both hero and guardian in it.
  • Options
    umbravenatorumbravenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I didn't.....

yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    technomantiktechnomantik Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Sigh. Guilty as charged.
  • Options
    zaketrinzaketrin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I did not buy the guardian pack.
  • Options
    malazath66malazath66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is absolutly not satisfying!The fact the Drow race will be playable 60 days delayed annoys me massivly!

Drow are the Main reason I am interested in playing this game and I neither want to be excluded from it for 60 days without any need nor I am willing to pay almost 200 Euros to play them from the beginning.

I would be willing to pay for Drow though like 20-30 Euros if I could get access to the race from the very begining. I dont need all the other stuff from the founder's pack.

They really should rethink this.
  • Options
    byteboy111byteboy111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are there any details available on the effects of the faerie fire debuff?
    Like how often it procs and how much and what stats is debuffs?
  • Options
    strakkestrakke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    harekaze wrote: »
    **** it feels good to be a gangsta.

It does indeed sir. Yes it does indeed.
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Necrosis lives!
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    argantis wrote: »
    Necrosis lives!
    It only been over a week. Nope no Necro here.

Over all it under 30 days so nope just late ress.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    It only been over a week. Nope no Necro here.

nope it was just mostly dead, but mostly dead is partially alive
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    surgeprotectorsurgeprotector Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    harekaze wrote: »
    **** it feels good to be a gangsta.

LOL.... **** skimpy !!
    :cool::cool:
  • Options
    surgeprotectorsurgeprotector Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    malazath66 wrote: »
    This is absolutly not satisfying!The fact the Drow race will be playable 60 days delayed annoys me massivly!

Drow are the Main reason I am interested in playing this game and I neither want to be excluded from it for 60 days without any need nor I am willing to pay almost 200 Euros to play them from the beginning.

I would be willing to pay for Drow though like 20-30 Euros if I could get access to the race from the very begining. I dont need all the other stuff from the founder's pack.

They really should rethink this.

I already have the HoTN pack, but feel this would be a good idea for those not wanting all the other stuff. Seems like it would work all the way around.
  • Options
    nohmacnohmac Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the D&D description that is widely accepted as the racial abilities for the Drow:
    Drow are more powerful than many of Dungeons & Dragons's races, with the ability to resist magic and powerful darkvision. Drow have the ability to summon globes of darkness, outline targets in faerie fire which causes no harm but makes the target brightly visible to everyone who sees them. Female Drow are naturally inclined to priestly magic and males are naturally inclined towards arcane magic.
    Drow are a single race as a whole regardless of where they are from. The term “Menzoberranzan Renegade” refers to a small amount of Drow, (Drizzt Do’Urden, Jarlaxle & Liriel Baenre, members of Bregan D’aethe) but are NOT a separate race.
    This seems to me as first and foremost a Cash Crop, but also a lame attempt of increasing the amount of races in the game. Which can also be said for the Fighter class; Guardian and Great Weapon Fighters are of the same class just different specs (Ref. 4th Ed PHB). Also unless the intend in introduce the Ranger as the Two-Weapon Fighter Specialization the hopes of playing a “Drizzt Do’Urden” character are slim to none, but with the way they have introduced the fighter it me be possible to see it as a different (although NOT) class.