test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TESO vs. Neverwinter

Comments

• dukemarriotdukemarriot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    testing, testing account
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will play both games and decide then which one will be my main. I am disapointed by the lack of character customization, freedom of exploration...well come to think of it freedom of anything in NW. I am also very skeptical about the foundry filling in on everything that is lacking in this game, which are standard in AAA MMOs.

Seems to me that everyone believes the foundry is some sort of salvation, i have seen nothing in foundry missions that allows me to think that things like player generated campaings will be possible with choices and decisions porting from one quest to the next. Just looks like a mission/map generator that will scale challenge to character or party level. There are no level requirements for missions, you can fight pit fiends with your level 5 character.

I would even go as far as saying that having levels in this game seems meaningless. You are auto-leveling all the way to max with the game making all the choices for you.

Only time will tell i guess, both games will come out this year and they are both fantasy games.
  • deads6667deads6667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    kimonagi wrote: »
    I would even go as far as saying that having levels in this game seems meaningless. You are auto-leveling all the way to max with the game making all the choices for you.

dude ive been having this EXACT problem for all of my life! its ridiculous i know right its like, im just playing and having a good time doing stuff and ZANG i gain a level! its like why did that happen? all i was doing is playing! its automatic and just so pointless! ya know?!?! except for all that stuff about gaining character strength and new abilities every time it happens but i mean... hell why dont they just give all that stuff to me at level 1? right? amiright??
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    deads6667 wrote: »
    dude ive been having this EXACT problem for all of my life! its ridiculous i know right its like, im just playing and having a good time doing stuff and ZANG i gain a level! its like why did that happen? all i was doing is playing! its automatic and just so pointless! ya know?!?! except for all that stuff about gaining character strength and new abilities every time it happens but i mean... hell why dont they just give all that stuff to me at level 1? right? amiright??

You can play Megaman, Castlevania or Metroid if that sort of things is your cup of tea...
    edited March 2013
    I am disapointed by the lack of character customization, freedom of exploration...well come to think of it freedom of anything in NW

DUUUUUUUDDDEEE mee tooo!! i know youre gonna think im like paranoid and stuff but like, sometimes i kinda get this feeling like that somebody actually designed this stuff for me to play!! like they just created the entire thing and im just going through it! I feel like Neo in the matrix and its bugging me out!!! its a really creepy feeling like you know??? man you know!! me and you are peas in a pod!!
    edited March 2013
    You can play Megaman, Castlevania or Metroid if that sort of things is your cup of tea...

well actually mega man gained abilities after you beat boards and castlevania gave you new abilities to use as you progressed through the boards and metroid uhm... well yea that too. so i guess uhm ... technically the characters were still level 1 but uhh... they pretty much kept gaining strength as i kept playing! tell me again whats so different about that and an arbitrary numerical leveling system? i cant remember now...
    edited March 2013
    deads6667 wrote: »
    DUUUUUUUDDDEEE mee tooo!! i know youre gonna think im like paranoid and stuff but like, sometimes i kinda get this feeling like that somebody actually designed this stuff for me to play!! like they just created the entire thing and im just going through it! I feel like Neo in the matrix and its bugging me out!!! its a really creepy feeling like you know??? man you know!! me and you are peas in a pod!!

So dude! Your totally angry because i dont like the same things you do in MMORPGs? LOL Not like i'm forcing you not to play it hehe
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow, there sure is a lot of hype and high hopes for Warhammer Online... I mean SWTOR... I mean Age of Conan... I mean Rift...

Oh, nope, this time it's Elder Scrolls Online.

A massively hyped up game that's going to definitely be the second coming- I've never seen that before.

The saddest part about mmorpgs these days is- people are more excited and more into the game for years before they are even out, before losing interest in a tiny fraction of that time. Companies could make more money off of people waiting for the game to come out than actual subscribers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xaralleixarallei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will play both games and decide then which one will be my main. I am disapointed by the lack of character customization, freedom of exploration...well come to think of it freedom of anything in NW. I am also very skeptical about the foundry filling in on everything that is lacking in this game, which are standard in AAA MMOs.

NW is not an AAA mmo. It never will be. It's far too dated looking (other recent MMOs absolutely blow it out of the water in terms of graphics), the character creation is awful and the combat animations are among the worst I've ever seen. For a F2P game though, it will suffice and provide entertainment. Not sure it will be lasting entertainment, but it will be something. The foundry at the very least will be some fun to fool around with.

As for anyone comparing ESO to WoW....you obviously didn't do any research on ESO. I'm much more excited for ESO than NW. It has some really great features. NW is like a filler game until ESO. That's not to say that ESO will be perfect or that it will succeed in delivering what it promises. If it does, it will be amazing. If it doesn't...oh well, it's not a big deal. Disappointing yes, but not the end of the world.
    edited March 2013
    The way this game is heading, unless something major happens like the game allowing us to make the most basic choices, my gaming setup will be Angry birds on mobile and Neverwinter until there is something better.
  • savadioussavadious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The difference is...

Neverwinter is actually coming out this year. Probably even by the start of summer. ESO is two years away, at least. And will probably be incredibly outdated by then.

My name is Savadious, and I support the above post !

I could not have said it better myself !
    :P
    edited March 2013
    Last time i checked we are in 2013.

"The Elder Scrolls Online is an upcoming massively multiplayer role-playing video game developed by ZeniMax Online Studios, to be released in 2013."

NW as been in production for years and they are giving us a reskinned version of a superhero game, a recycled game engine and the pipe dream of limitless class build additions while telling us that its all great since we need to pay them with the cash shop on one hand and deal oursleves with the lack of features and content with the foundry on the other.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sorry, I don't get the point of this thread. How is it possible to compare TESO with NW if the first doesn't even have a beta and it's light-years from being playable? Also, they're two different fantasy worlds. Unless you want to compare systems... but hey, you can't because no one knows <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the game!

So, uh, this thread sounds a bit pointless. Just my two cents.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Last time i checked we are in 2013.

"The Elder Scrolls Online is an upcoming massively multiplayer role-playing video game developed by ZeniMax Online Studios, to be released in 2013."

NW as been in production for years and they are giving us a reskinned version of a superhero game, a recycled game engine and the pipe dream of limitless class build additions while telling us that its all great since we need to pay them with the cash shop on one hand and deal oursleves with the lack of features and content with the foundry on the other.

Okay, we get it that you love TESO and you hate NW. No need to repeat your point countless times though several posts.

But I wonder - if you think this game is so poor, why are you even sticking on the forums? Boredrom perhaps?
    Characters:

• scootmienscootmien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 70
    edited March 2013
    I love the Elder Scrolls games and the graphics (on my computer at least) are incredible. I would be very interested in seeing how ESO pans out and maybe getting into the Beta.

The modding community for TES franchise is great too so I wonder if they will bring out a 'Foundry' style affair.

The difference for me is that I grew up playing D&D and AD&D and so as a person I feel far more invested in the Forgotten Realms as I do in Skyrim et al. In the grand scheme of things, TES franchise has only been around for less than ten years whereas for me I started tabletop RP with basic D&D in the 70s.

The TES franchise is purely and simply a computer game whereas D&D grew up as a pen and paper RPG, capturing the imagination of all those who fell under its spell way before home computers even existed. This is what made me buy the Founder Pack and this is what will make me create content for the game that mirrors all the scenarios I wrote going back all these years.

In fact, I have already pulled one of my old scenarios out of mothballs and have begun to plan out how I might convert it to a Neverwinter Foundry quest.
  • trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Nice some positive previews start to appear.. Looks like they have made tons of changes like real first person with hands and improved graphics. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-just-might-be-awesome
    edited March 2013
    Cant say i'm happy that you bumped this thread with my stupid comments...
  • ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you put it on the Internet, it's forever.
    edited March 2013
    If you put it on the Internet, it's forever.

Unfortunatly...

Making video games is not easy, NW is not nearly as bad as i pretended in my rants over here and some people have worked hard to make it and bashing it the way i did is just plain stupid. Anyway i missed a good occasion to shut up and i'll live with it.
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Neverwinter wins ? hahahahahaha. it wins what ? allmost one milion likes TESO 35k NWO.

Btw TESO fighting will be just like skyrim or morrowind not wow. The only new things will be some class limitation, factions and new world but the mechanics remain the same ;)
    edited March 2013
    There really is nothing to win. The elder scroll franchise has a huge following and they are making a big "blockbuster" MMO that will end up being another theme park MMO. I'm pretty sure they will succeed but it will still be another theme park MMO with a 15$ per month sub and half a million players waiting for more end-game after 1 month. I'm sure it will be great and i will probably try it, doesnt justify me unleasing a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on this game when it really doesnt deserve it.

Anyway i'm really done with this thread...
  • trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I love this game.. finally someone sums it all up: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/20/the-elder-scrolls-onlines-gameplay-and-mechanics-video/

He didnt mention adventure zones, and Cyrodil but nearly everything important is there. I especially like theres 16 dungeon at launch. :cool:
  • deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't gets the point of this thread. How is it possible to compare TESO with NW if the first doesn't even have a beta and it's light-years from being playable

TOTALLY WRONG AND NOT TRUE
    TESO enters BETA in a few weeks. APRIL.. its been widely announced and reported. and its release schedule is this fall\winter...

MSFT and other consoles are putting a lot of effort and money into it as well, and Bethesda is known for on time development releases
    Nvidia is also getting behind TESO big its being reported

as well as for PC release, so it will be the 800 lb gorilla MMO to beat.. and should be great...

they will likely spend somewhere between 30-60 million on development on TESO , so its in a different league and the engine and graphics will be state of the art , with probably dynamic weather and time of day etc, similar but better than vanguard , etc
    COME WITH ME !
    edited March 2013
    Still, my point is still valid: it isn't even out and you're already comparing. Who cares if its scheduled for tomorrow or in two years.

Saying it has a 60 million budget doesn't add anything to the discussion either. There isn't a product yet.

And finally: who the hell cares? Really. These cheesy comparisons are so lame. If you think TESO will be a blast, go talk about it in their forums. If you think you'll enjoy it more, be my guest and go play it. But coming here complaining about a game because it doesn't meet your expectations compared to another one that isn't even finished is just...
    Characters:

• megatenistmegatenist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wait. I thought GW2 was supposed to be the "uber MMO" that everyone would be playing and bring in a new era of MMO awesomeness. You mean all the hype was a lie? :( oh wait....or was it Scarlet Blade. I forgot.

In all seriousness, I hope TESO does well, because I like Bethesda's work (I'm probably one of the rare few who doesn't experience any bugs playing their games...which is sad because I wanted to see the dragons in Skyrim fly backwards :cry:

But it's a completely different game than NW.
    "All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening." - Alexander Woollcott
  • uniqueviluniquevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited March 2013
    hands on NWO was disappointed due to high expectation
    no customization for character wat was thrown to us is a huge disappointment
    foundry is its only savior i guess and lets see wat rpers can come up with ingame
    only thing that kept me in this game is the FR settings
    ESO total customization like skyrim
    open world exploraton
    for me ESO is still keeping my hopes up while NWO has dashed all my interest
    i still play it upon releases just to see wat the community can come up with
    seems like PW is not listening to us and they have set on the wrong foot creating the game and its too late to change till the next major patch if they plan to keep this game alive for long
  • hopeless2hopeless2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2013
    I will play NWO but I will also play ESO. Mind, I think ESO is far far away from release.
  • iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I plan to play both. I dont think it is about which is better. They are two different games with two different styles of gameplay. I have enough time to split between both games, and am looking forward equally to both releases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • libertine17libertine17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    iymala wrote: »
    I plan to play both. I dont think it is about which is better. They are two different games with two different styles of gameplay. I have enough time to split between both games, and am looking forward equally to both releases.

Same here. I really don't understand why the fanbois feel compelled to get into an infantile pissing match over different games.
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    uniquevil wrote: »
    hands on NWO was disappointed due to high expectation
    no customization for character wat was thrown to us is a huge disappointment
    foundry is its only savior i guess and lets see wat rpers can come up with ingame
    only thing that kept me in this game is the FR settings
    ESO total customization like skyrim
    open world exploraton
    for me ESO is still keeping my hopes up while NWO has dashed all my interest
    i still play it upon releases just to see wat the community can come up with
    seems like PW is not listening to us and they have set on the wrong foot creating the game and its too late to change till the next major patch if they plan to keep this game alive for long

yeah nw cannot stand up toe to toe on that comparison not with teso,wow,gw2....these games are huge they are franchise games, things that people refer to.

the best thing that i can point out is that you don't see people on wow forums talking about this game
This discussion has been closed.