test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Gamer exclusive hands-on of Neverwinter in their February 2013 issue!

Comments

• Options
    jaxxxorixjaxxxorix Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nice informative article, though poorly edited. "TSI modules"? Really?

I look forward to getting my horse...I'd be happy to have either one.
  • Options
    daosagedaosage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited January 2013
    Good article, but not as good as the knowledge that I'll have a pony waiting for me when my number's called!
  • Options
    muddersmilkyummuddersmilkyum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Keep in mind, PCGamer has a horrible track record with reviewing MMOs. SWTOR was listed as one of there top 100 games of all time. A great review n PCGamer is often the kiss of death for an MMO

I seem to recall that they gave Hellgate: London a very high score. Ouch.
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm glad I didn't try Hellgate until last year. It's now free to play and recently re-installed it. It's pretty good, and wish they would make a second as matter of fact. I just can't get into Borderlands the same I did Hellgate Global.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Keep in mind, PCGamer has a horrible track record with reviewing MMOs. SWTOR was listed as one of there top 100 games of all time. A great review n PCGamer is often the kiss of death for an MMO

*About to reply, stops.*
    *About to say something else, stops also*
    The article itself in my personal opinion is not good. As for the historical accuracy of said quote, No comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dinosourdogdinosourdog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So i got my mag the day it hit selfs entered my code...... still cant play. what gives? i spent money for a beta code and can not get into the beta? when does this pay to play the beta of a free game code let me play? PC Mag, i will never buy you again....
  • Options
    haldavinhaldavin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So i got my mag the day it hit selfs entered my code...... still cant play. what gives? i spent money for a beta code and can not get into the beta? when does this pay to play the beta of a free game code let me play? PC Mag, i will never buy you again....

Ummm the Beta key is a bonus and you will have access when they decide to let people in :-) You have the key to the lock but the door is still nailed shut. Wait until they pull the nails out...
  • Options
    rickmanrickman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    haldavin wrote: »
    Ummm the Beta key is a bonus and you will have access when they decide to let people in :-) You have the key to the lock but the door is still nailed shut. Wait until they pull the nails out...

Better yet...

"You got the key and unlocked the Door, but its still barred from the other side"
    Diplomancy: Sometimes "I hit it with my Axe" is the only Answer.
    A Challenge is something interesting and awkward until you beat it... then it's called "Repetative"

Neverwinter on TVTropes(Needs some loving)
    Neverwinter Nights on TVTropes
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Please do not blame PC Magazine. They have nothing do to with our Beta save for partnering to bring you this promotion. Closed Beta, at the time of this post, has not yet started. Everyone who has entered into Beta will be phased in through the course of Beta, once it begins.
  • Options
    dinosourdogdinosourdog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have to blame PC Magazine, the other option is to blame the game and I dont want to be mad at it before i get to play it! ;)
  • Options
    fursnakefursnake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited January 2013

LOL, nice bringing that up. I recall that PC Gamer gushed over SWTOR and said there would be a follow up review in the future...which I don't recall them ever doing.

Also, my key from the Feb 2013 issue of PC Gamer doesn't work....peachy :(
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    fursnake wrote: »
    Also, my key from the Feb 2013 issue of PC Gamer doesn't work....peachy :(
    This is a known issue. Try placing a space before the key in the input field, some have reported that this worked for them. Let me know if it works for you too.
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PC Gamer (Stormraider Horse)
    PC Gamer (Pale Horse)

Are these the in game names for the The feisty Black Horse Mount and The trusty White Horse Mount ?
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    axan29 wrote: »
    PC Gamer (Stormraider Horse)
    PC Gamer (Pale Horse)

Are these the in game names for the The feisty Black Horse Mount and The trusty White Horse Mount ?

Well after adding my pc gamer key I now see "PC Gamer (Pale Horse) " so i would presume that means I got the white horse and if you see "PC Gamer (Stormraider Horse)" then you got the black one.

Someone else would have to confirm though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    ghrysghrys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Well after adding my pc gamer key I now see "PC Gamer (Pale Horse) " so i would presume that means I got the white horse and if you see "PC Gamer (Stormraider Horse)" then you got the black one.

Where do you see this? I have looked, but though my key was accepted, I see no mention of a horse anywhere.
  • Options
    vagrantzerovagrantzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ghrys wrote: »
    Where do you see this? I have looked, but though my key was accepted, I see no mention of a horse anywhere.

Up top.

The Game. Redeem Key.
  • Options
    kalystanakalystana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited February 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »

Well hubby asked me to check my account and after checking I see, PC Gamer (Stormraider Horse), so guess it is confirmed.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Confirmed indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Confirmed indeed.

Looks like I am riding into town on a pale horse with no name...
    PC Gamer (Pale Horse)

Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Looks like I am riding into town on a pale horse with no name...
    PC Gamer (Pale Horse)

It felt good to be out of the rain.
    In the desert you can remember your name,
    'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.
    La, la, la la la la, la la la, la, la
    La, la, la la la la, la la la, la, la!

Sorry for those who were hoping for the Revelations joke :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    teknykkteknykk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a couple questions, if they could be confirmed at all...

If you're one of the many people who went ahead to try and get both mounts (as I did, being the collector I am) and no doubt got duplicates thanks to some fun RNG of the codes, will the account still limit the horses to only one of each type per character/account even if you have say multiple Stormraider Horse keys locked in?

In my effort to get both horses I got a Stormraider first, and then in an attempt to get the Pale I got three other Stormraiders before I got it, so I have four Stormraiders and one Pale keys locked into the account. Frankly, I'd rather not have an eyesore of three more of the same mount on my account, so I'm curious if it'll just wipe out the duplicates (or if they can be removed by account experts and possibly given away to someone else by them).

That said, my other question which somewhat relates to this one: are mounts character bound (every character gets their own one of each horse/founders mounts) or account bound (all pooled together and can be accessed by all your characters)?
  • Options
    arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    teknykk wrote:
    In my effort to get both horses I got a Stormraider first, and then in an attempt to get the Pale I got three other Stormraiders before I got it, so I have four Stormraiders and one Pale keys locked into the account. Frankly, I'd rather not have an eyesore of three more of the same mount on my account, so I'm curious if it'll just wipe out the duplicates (or if they can be removed by account experts and possibly given away to someone else by them).

I did the same as you, except my luck was a bit better. I went Pale Horse, Pale Horse, Stormraider Horse. ;)

It would be nice if I could remove the extra Pale Horse, but it would also be funny if I ended up getting a duplicate mount because of it. It's not as though a duplicate would be of any use, of course.
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ahhhh i got one of each hence i asked no duplicates either i dont think well only shows 1 of each.
  • Options
    teknykkteknykk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Aye, if you got duplicates it will show them in your key list on the redeem page...a family member of mine was lucky and got one of each in a row, so only had to use two codes...I myself on the other hand went through five before getting the two mounts.

Personally I'd rather not see them wasted and have the three extras removed and say...put into a pool of giveaways on the forum or something, or at the very least, removed so it doesn't end up giving me pointless extras.
  • Options
    zentrasizentrasi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Since there is a free 14 day trial for PC Gamer.. you can basically get this for free if redeem then cancel. Seems kinda silly.
  • Options
    lortechlortech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    Just checking... Can I still get a beta key from the February edition of PC Gamer?
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality"--Chief Crazy Horse

"Do what thou Whilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under Will."--Aleister Crowley
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lortech wrote: »
    Just checking... Can I still get a beta key from the February edition of PC Gamer?
    It certainly worked during this weekend.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I got the pale and wife got the stormraider.