test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Gamer exclusive hands-on of Neverwinter in their February 2013 issue!

pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in News & Announcements
PC Gamer headed to Cryptic Studios for an exclusive hands-on into the world of The Forgotten Realms. Don't miss your chance to grab an exclusive in-game mount for Neverwinter by grabbing the February 2013 issue of PC Gamer!

To see screens of the mount and the amazing magazine covers, head to our new blog: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=793251.

Subscribe to PC Gamer for the latest gaming news!
Post edited by pwetrailturtle on

Comments

• Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yah I noticed this I will probably try to get it on my nook if it will have the code
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    To see screens of the mount and the amazing magazine covers, head to our new blog:

Again, we have rather low resolution backgrounds. In the 2 displayed pictures showing the mounts, is that in the highest resolution possible for the game?

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    shredstallion33shredstallion33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited December 2012
    It says February 2013 preview on the front page......I guess it will give us enough time to invest into a different game for the time being.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It says February 2013 preview on the front page......I guess it will give us enough time to invest into a different game for the time being.
    yah but the February edition is released in January

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Again, we have rather low resolution backgrounds. In the 2 displayed pictures showing the mounts, is that in the highest resolution possible for the game?

There's not much point in having full resolution images just for them to be shrunk down to fit on a webpage... would be a waste of bandwidth.

I think you can be confident that NW will support whatever resolution you want. It would be incredibly bizarre for it not to.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    quorforged wrote: »
    There's not much point in having full resolution images just for them to be shrunk down to fit on a webpage... would be a waste of bandwidth.

I think you can be confident that NW will support whatever resolution you want. It would be incredibly bizarre for it not to.

Sure there's a point. In the very competitive fields of MMOs, RPGs and war gaming, stunning high resolution graphic design is everywhere, and has never been better. Check Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, Diablo III, Battlefield 3, Witcher 2, Gears of War, and most would say, "Wow!". Gamers are looking at these things, and their expectations have never been higher. If this game is going to take the gaming world by storm, it's going to need to do it on many fronts, not just with Forgotten Realms lore and the Foundry. It's going to have to look great as well.

It is not very hard to take a high res photo and resize the photo. This is 101 for today's designers. I don't think there's any excuse in today's economy not to put your very best foot forward when you are displaying your work, trying to lure the gaming world.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Sure there's a point. In the very competitive fields of MMOs, RPGs and war gaming, stunning high resolution graphic design is everywhere, and has never been better. Check Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, Diablo III, Battlefield 3, Witcher 2, Gears of War, and most would say, "Wow!". Gamers are looking at these things, and their expectations have never been higher. If this game is going to take the gaming world by storm, it's going to need to do it on many fronts, not just with Forgotten Realms lore and the Foundry. It's going to have to look great as well.

It is not very hard to take a high res photo and resize the photo. This is 101 for today's designers. I don't think there's any excuse in today's economy not to put your very best foot forward when you are displaying your work, trying to lure the gaming world.

I'm with you Andre. I do blogging and know it isnt that hard to keep a Pic in a beautiful high res quality unless you enlarge it too much, and that is not what they are doing with the small low res almost out of focus looking backgrounds pictures.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

But take a high res photo and resize it and you just get a low res photo... oh, I see, you're talking about the resolution of the textures used to render the image, not the resolution of the screen capture itself.

I'm not sure I see the problem. For example, I don't see a ton of difference in texture quality between these two shots:

https://d2vn94glaxzkz3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/thief04.jpg

and

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/07/ff/07ff12585db5864d944b1204d89797031356050741.jpg
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Of course they are CLEARLY different textures!

One's a woman and the other's a Horsie!

Oh, that wasn't the point? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Of course they are CLEARLY different textures!

One's a woman and the other's a Horsie!

Oh, that wasn't the point? :D

I have to agree with truth here one is much much nicer to look at lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Don't miss your chance to grab an exclusive in-game mount for Neverwinter by grabbing the February 2013 issue of PC Gamer!
    Seriously?

fsfsadjfh sdjhlasdfhsdjf hasdjfh sdfhdjkfhaskdfh sdjkfhsd fksjdamn forum eating more than half my post and NOT allowing me to edit it in asfh

Edit: stupid forum only allowing the edits IT wants in and not my real original post
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    shiaika wrote: »
    Seriously?

fsfsadjfh sdjhlasdfhsdjf hasdjfh sdfhdjkfhaskdfh sdjkfhsd fksjdamn forum eating more than half my post and NOT allowing me to edit it in asfh

Edit: stupid forum only allowing the edits IT wants in and not my real original post

I haven't had any problems with the forum threads yet. Are you sure you're not up to anything.....suspicious? o.O
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    shiaika wrote: »
    Seriously?

It happens when you post ascii characters. Did you copy paste some ascii character? For example if I post Selune's true name, the post will terminate before u - same for faerun's u. [ASCII code 234]

For example - here I will paste a line with faerun in it -
    It should cut off after r in first line -

From wikipedia(I did paste the whole phara):-

Economically and technologically, Faer
  • Options
    vesukivesuki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The mounts look really good, been following the game for a while now and can't wait.
  • Options
    ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    The mounts and covers are all amazing. I'm glad we'll have mounts since i don't think it was mentioned for sure that we would although i may have just missed it. I don't read magazines often anymore but i want all 4 covers, I'll probably have them framed lol. I do want both mounts so out of 4 I should get them.

Also since we do have mounts i want my riding dog more :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Am i the only one who would play the game even if it had the graphics of Baldur's Gate 1?
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    shredstallion33shredstallion33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited December 2012
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    Am i the only one who would play the game even if it had the graphics of Baldur's Gate 1?

I have bgee and nostalgia is what kept it interesting.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    denkasaeba wrote: »

Dude, after this long of a delay, I figure we'd line up to play if it looked like Pong. :cool:

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Hey call me crazy but I still like and play games like Pong, Donkey Kong, Combat, Galaga, Super Mario Bros etc. So I think I would play if it had 2D 8bit graphics

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    40 years old and still play with a string and tin cup!
  • Options
    ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Where do I write graphics on my character sheet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    utahsaintutahsaint Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What is the true deal, every 2 months or so NW releases some "contest" or link for you to sign up with for almost 2 years or so? I have been a "sheep" and jumped through every hoop(sheep jumping through hoops?) that "gives me a beta key", including buying some game I will never play. That was over a year ago. Anyone else feeling played or bothered? I still can not wait for this game, but please some sort of plan or dev posting with a timeline instead of speculation and contest and sign ups.
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    utahsaint wrote: »
    What is the true deal, every 2 months or so NW releases some "contest" or link for you to sign up with for almost 2 years or so? I have been a "sheep" and jumped through every hoop(sheep jumping through hoops?) that "gives me a beta key", including buying some game I will never play. That was over a year ago. Anyone else feeling played or bothered? I still can not wait for this game, but please some sort of plan or dev posting with a timeline instead of speculation and contest and sign ups.

Almost makes you ..... "sick"? Ahhahahaha! Um .. nevermind.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'll withhold comment on that last until after January to see if there is an announcement or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Already ranted in the other thread... Will also wait til 2013 for future comment on this.
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Looking forward to finally getting to the closed beta phase.... God bless PW/Cryptic if this issue doesn't contain a launch date, but another link to a 2 minute medium resolution promo of a dev soloing!! ;)

• Options
    amainpainbringeramainpainbringer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I remember ignoring this game for a long time not because I didn't want to get into it I love neverwinter and the D&D setting. I just didn't want to get excited about a game thats a long time away and have to play the waiting game. I finally got into it because I heard someone say it would be out by the end of this year....then it changed into beta by the end of this year....now its beta beginning 1st quarter of next year. At this point I don't even really care about the beta, but the total lack of information on pretty important things....like how classes work is very disappointing. I really enjoyed champions online it needed some smoothing out but had amazing customization and the zombie pvp was about the coolest thing ever. I have faith that they can make a great game I just want to know how it will work.
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Will people in the UK be able to get the codes as looks as thought its US version only?
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There is only one version - for both international and US users (basically one global server). However, if you live in areas where there is IP block by PWE then you can't play any of their game unfortunately. There is the list of countries IP blocked. The reason being administrative - probably having to do with their having contracts with other companies who collaborate to release the titles.
    If you can play any other PWE game, you can play this game too and use the code also.
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    axan29 wrote: »
    Will people in the UK be able to get the codes as looks as thought its US version only?

You have to purchase the US edition of the PC Gamer magazine to be able to get the codes for the horses. If you purchase any other PC Gamer magazine version you won't get those codes. I've checked Ziniv (or whatever its called) and Google Play and I'm able to purchase both the US and international versions through them.

Edit: also if you speak German you can read the article on Buffed on Jan 2 as per the below newspost link. However not sure if you can get the mount from those editions.

http://nw.de.perfectworld.eu/news/?p=114191