test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Gamer exclusive hands-on of Neverwinter in their February 2013 issue!

Comments

• Options
    leopardladyleopardlady Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    To check if you have activated the beta key:

Click on

https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey

Just below text box:
    Neverwinter [Status]: Accepted

means beta key activated.

Thank you for this! I had an issue with it accepting my key and submitted a ticket, then came back here to see if there was anything on here about this issue. You saved me a 3-4 day wait to see if I could get my key to work. Thanks again gillrmn!

edit: I wasn't clear, I couldn't get my key to get accepted. Not saying I am playing Beta:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    k44mosk44mos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The big Download button also appears. So...

But it's useless right now so we still have to wait.
  • Options
    mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Which fury? The bi tch Queen, Auril or the beast Malar?

I would try to stay away from all three. They are bad news, worst of all Auril...

p.s. sorry couldn't resist!

ha ha actually that made me smile which i sorely needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    Anyone else notice the typo in 4th sentence of the Neverwinter article? C'mon PC Gamer, are you even trying?

>Mountain Rage

Sounds like a pretty cool ability.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mnatic wrote: »
    ha ha actually that made me smile which i sorely needed.
    "Your wish is my command"
    *becomes smoke and goes inside the lamp*
  • Options
    mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    "Your wish is my command"
    *becomes smoke and goes inside the lamp*

takes lamp,

cackling evil "two more wishes"

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sorry, the genie can't grant early beta. Anti magic zone around Cryptic and all ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    quadockquadock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The game sounds great and I simply cannot wait to help in the beta. Though the article itself seems a tad lacking in my opinion. I guess I don't know what I was expecting but it seems like a very very cursory examination of their experience. Unless that was the point or something.
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There are still certain aspects and features of the game that haven't been announced or discussed by Cryptic/ PWE yet, but I will tell you that the article had information and screenshots that had not previously been seen or talked about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    mnatic wrote: »
    takes lamp,

cackling evil "two more wishes"

:)
    Sitting on a couch inside the lamp, reading NW newsletter, the eyes of Genie turn red.

"I reflect the heart of those who bear the lamp" he says.

He summons two Tarrasque.

"That should take care of two wishes"

*Goes back to reading the NW newsletter*
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Read the article today, good info, can hardly wait. I certainly hope the class names are just place holders.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    elveelve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 336
    edited January 2013
    I have a stupid question: do the keys from the PC Gamer magazine give you greater or lower chance to participate in the beta than the ones from Torchlight 2 preorder/Raiderz Founder Pack or is it just the same?
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    elve wrote: »
    I have a stupid question: do the keys from the PC Gamer magazine give you greater or lower chance to participate in the beta than the ones from Torchlight 2 preorder/Raiderz Founder Pack or is it just the same?

They give you the same chance to participate in beta - 100% - but we have no way of ascertaining which phase of beta either key will give you access to.
    It would be logical but perhaps not safe to assume that beta phase assignment will progress with chronological linearity according to the distribution of the keys.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Goddamn I made that sound a lot more complicated than it needed to be.
    If you got a key, you'll get in, but nobody knows when. There's a good chance that the people who got their keys sooner will get in sooner.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    elve wrote: »

There is no low or up afaik. The chance is random.
  • Options
    adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I received my edition of PC Gamer mag. Got the Cover #4 with the cute dagger wielding Rogue! Woot!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    adaram648 wrote: »
    I received my edition of PC Gamer mag. Got the Cover #4 with the cute dagger wielding Rogue! Woot!

Lucky! Las I heard Jade was frantically searching for it swinging her daggers. Better keep it away from her eyes. She is quite agile with her daggers...
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    adaram648 wrote: »

Doh! Ecopy or paper copy? Don't tell me I have to search all my CVS magazine racks again?
    Lucky! Las I heard Jade was frantically searching for it swinging her daggers. Better keep it away from her eyes. She is quite agile with her daggers...

You know it G!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    zzrathamondzzzzrathamondzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Walmart had a few copies. I grabbed a couple for my brother and I. The Cleric and the Rouge. Good article, can't wait for launch!
  • Options
    doctordoriandoctordorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 75
    edited January 2013
    I got an ecopy of the magazine through google play magazines. It just had a link I had to enter into my browser, asked me a trivia question about the contents of the issue, asked for an email address and after filling that out, I got sent a key. That form seems exploitable. I hope that's not the case...
  • Options
    bellazarbellazar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Got my copy can't wait to see it in game!
  • Options
    ekornesekornes Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This game is so amazing. So excited!
  • Options
    ahrimavizxahrimavizx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Grabbed it on my Kindle. Great article, can't wait to play!
  • Options
    jebusfluidsjebusfluids Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is it possible to get one of the codes inside the UK? I've been trying to pick up one of the US editions through Google Play and it only comes up with the UK edition.
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Try Zinio it might have it
  • Options
    jebusfluidsjebusfluids Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tried there and I just get stuck with "Sorry! This edition of PC Gamer (US Edition) is not eligible for sale in your region." Guess I'll have to hope I get lucky with a beta code.
  • Options
    drizzt272drizzt272 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I got it today, and can't wait until the game comes out so I can ride my mount. Does it pick a random one or can u pick? because I really want to get the black horse
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Sorry Drizzt but unfortunately the promotion gives one of the mounts at random.
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    NO offense Drizzt but I saw your name and thought, either R. A. Salvatore has joined us and is hiding behind the name Drizzt thinking noone would actually expect it or that you are a real big Drizzt fan
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    NO offense Drizzt but I saw your name and thought, either R. A. Salvatore has joined us and is hiding behind the name Drizzt thinking noone would actually expect it or that you are a real big Drizzt fan

Luv R A Salvatore! See you in March!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |