test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Answers from the Developers

13»

Comments

• aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Did you mean embrace it, or should I taunt the darkness?

*Turns off lantern, taunts the darkness, and is eaten by a Grue. Don't taunt the darkness kids. Fortunately he had a forum extra life.*

zorkmid-1coinidwita.jpg

Here, have a rare "657 GUE" Idwit Oogle Flathead 1zm coin, from the Great Underground Empire, for bringing back the memories!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There was a group of role-playing people on DDO who used to refer to disconnect as Grue. I used to run with them.
    Whenever someone disconnected in the dungeon, "Oh no! Grue got him! He is lost!"

All of them did leave DDO later, I guess they got busy and the D&D experience kind of wore off after a while. That and the lack of new content at that time...

But they were all very nice RPers who never got ooc when in game. One of them had a talkative-paranoid character (PC type was determined by rolls) and he used to go to local chat in tavern and say, "She is looking at me! I a scared!" and the confused player would sometimes respond, "What?" and then he would cast expeditious retreat and run while shouting "Save Me!". Those were fun times.

EDIT: Think the server was Salona. (In case you ever scared that talkative-paranoid person:p)

EDIT2: I used to save the chat (there were ways to do that)but I lost that file when I forgot to back that up while formatting. It was quite a big file and funny too.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    BTW, "Sarlona" and "Thelanis" are considered the unofficial role-playing servers on DDO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    BTW, "Sarlona" and "Thelanis" are considered the unofficial role-playing servers on DDO.

Oh! I didnt know Thelanis was also considered roleplaying - thought Sarlona was the only "officially unofficial but actually unofficial that no one knows" roleplay server.
  • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Anyone know how big party size in dungeons are?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    rohk007 wrote: »
    Anyone know how big party size in dungeons are?

Five man tops.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited January 2013
    Too much new info.
    Please check here for the time being. Dev tracker works perfectly for most. For older posts, you can read here (for dev tracker doesn't works for archived and old posts).
    edited January 2013
    That is a dwarf NPC named "Dusty" who is a ranger class. The player ranger class is in the works.
    -h2oratty (aka h2orat)
    All I can say is it is "in the works"... We of course want as much content at launch at possible : )
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First great weapon fighter, now Ranger...dang it, I keep getting stuff in my eyes...

*not wiping away more tears of joy from his eyes*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rofehrrofehr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    now Ranger...dang it

which ranger ?
    edited January 2013
    rofehr wrote: »
    which ranger ?

Start reading here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    rofehr wrote: »
    which ranger ?

lol. See post #69. h2orat is a developer.
    edited January 2013
    Reposting here for increased visibility, as I am not sure which thread is preferred by devs.
    Hello!

I have a question for concept artist and map designer.

Is the map of Neverwinter a copy of the map in 4e or you have shuffled things here and there according to your (and players) convenience? I ask because I saw the 4e pnp map in the foundry. However in the walkthrough video, it didn't feel right according to map.
  • reddragonjrreddragonjr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Please Check Your Private Messages.

Thanks,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Please Check Your Private Messages.

Thanks,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator

What are we checking them for? Something cool getting sent out?
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    What are we checking them for? Something cool getting sent out?
    The user had reposted something I had removed from here without first reading their Private Messages. So, when this happens, I like to leave a visual note on their latest reposting to let them know to check their PMs.
  • reddragonjrreddragonjr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    The user had reposted something I had removed from here without first reading their Private Messages. So, when this happens, I like to leave a visual note on their latest reposting to let them know to check their PMs.

And thank you for that. I did not see a popup saying i have a message, so this post helped greatly.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    And thank you for that. I did not see a popup saying i have a message, so this post helped greatly.
    No problem! Thank you. :)
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Also, R.A. Salvatore has been working on The Neverwinter Trilogy, which is also taking place in and around Neverwinter. The first book in the series is called, "Guantylgrym

Sweet! I am actually reading Guantylgrym right now and it is pretty good, also noticed my library already has the next book in that series, titled NeverWinter...so I am set for a few weeks for reading material! :)
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Will the game suffer any more delays ? Considering beta is coming later then most of us expected
  • nomadmorlocknomadmorlock Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm becoming concerned that all the development focus has been on making combat classes and the Forge with little else. I cannot seem to find any information on non combat skills or even skill checks etc.

How can this even be considered a D&D game if a rogue cannot pick a lock or anyone detect a secret door etc. Gameplay will become boring very quickly if there is little else to the game than hack and slash through various user made maps.

The game is entering its first Beta test this week but there is no info on this? Have I just missed this?
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    not to be a downer, but I feel they are being pushed to release it. With a class in the middle of being worked on, no video footage of the cleric I have a feeling that they are under pressure to release. I want to support this game as much as I can however and while I am looking forward to it launching id rather they take all the time they need.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • hblueshblues Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will Dragonborn be a core race? and will any more monstrous races be showing up? like the minotaur, or maybe (crossed fingers) a gnoll or Kobold?
  • suckatash1suckatash1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24
    edited February 2013
    What is the role of gear in this game? Is the carrot on a stick going to be me always getting better gear?
    edited March 2013
    *Mods Please Close the thread as it has run its course*

However, before closing it, let me thank a few people.

I would like to thank the people who encouraged me for this thread.
    The devs Stormshade and CMP (crypticmapolis) who kept the community alive when it was too barren(and a few active users that time).
    A special thread to truth who gave me nudge to maintain it for how long it was necessary (I wanted to abandon it much earlier).
    To people who were quoting devs and from whose quotes I found the ones I missed. Truth and Ambisinister's name comes to mind.

That should cover most of it.
  • xthemanimalxthemanimal Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and Neverwinter lore in general. I understand that the other games had great stories. Does anyone know how focused they are on the story aspect of this game? Link article maybe? Thanks in advance!
    edited March 2013
    *the old mage casts a control undead spell upon the necromantically risen thread and commands it back to rest*
This discussion has been closed.