What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help create a neverwinter wiki

124»

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hello friends!
    I was busy watching football with a french and spanish friend this weekend (for americans its soccer i believe) - ofcourse my role was important as a peacekeeper for them - but I am back now :D Though I am a bit groggy due to beerfest and all...

wiki is as everyone know open for everybody. Anyone can edit, add to it. So go on ahead, don't hesitate. Its very easy, just hit edit to the topic you want to edit and type. If some formatting etc needs to be done editors or me and zeb can work that part out. Even if it is deleted accidently or such, it can always be retrived.

So have no fear, go ahead and goal!!!

@ truth, vin
    I will leave name part to zeb when he is back with good health.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    After some thought, decided to add skill to the 4e Terminology and Abbreviations (glossary definition,) since we do have rogues using their detect traps to see them before the other party. Clarified the tabletop allows several skills to be trained and gives a +5 bonus, but did not expand until we know more on the online setup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Why not "Traditional role-playing names?"
    "Traditional [race] Names" perhaps?
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I will leave name part to zeb when he is back with good health.

How about a compromise of the same premise, like: "Historical [race] Names in the Realms:" ?

E.G.
    "Historical Sun Elven Names in the Realms"
    "Historical Drow Elven Names in the Realms"
    "Historical Human Names in the Realms"
    "Historical Shield Dwarven Names in the Realms"

This will allow us to put examples of NPC names while conveying that they are already in use and should be seen only as a guide to making one's own name. This would be much easier than trying to list names that "we" have created for examples, thusly stepping around the issue of controversy and debate on what is "acceptable."

P.S. I'll be mostly out of commission until the 30th. My birthday is tomorrow and will be having a pool party with my friends, which will leave me drained I am sure. My mother is also having surgery tomorrow, so I'll be putting what little energy I do have left into helping her recovery and then on the 28th, I have my own Doctors' appointment followed by a graduation party for one of my best friends' girlfriend on the 29th. Hopefully, I'll be back to my normal self (if you can call it that) around the 30th.

I can always be reached at my public email address of terraseer@gmail.com and I also have the wikia set to notify me of all updates. I check my email through-out the day, multiple times.
    edited June 2012
    Nevermind, found one.
    Update:-
    Started editing Regions -> Neverwinter Woods.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    How about a compromise of the same premise, like: "Historical [race] Names in the Realms:" ?

E.G.
    "Historical Sun Elven Names in the Realms"
    "Historical Drow Elven Names in the Realms"
    "Historical Human Names in the Realms"
    "Historical Shield Dwarven Names in the Realms"

This will allow us to put examples of NPC names while conveying that they are already in use and should be seen only as a guide to making one's own name. This would be much easier than trying to list names that "we" have created for examples, thusly stepping around the issue of controversy and debate on what is "acceptable."

P.S. I'll be mostly out of commission until the 30th. My birthday is tomorrow and will be having a pool party with my friends, which will leave me drained I am sure. My mother is also having surgery tomorrow, so I'll be putting what little energy I do have left into helping her recovery and then on the 28th, I have my own Doctors' appointment followed by a graduation party for one of my best friends' girlfriend on the 29th. Hopefully, I'll be back to my normal self (if you can call it that) around the 30th.

I can always be reached at my public email address of terraseer@gmail.com and I also have the wikia set to notify me of all updates. I check my email through-out the day, multiple times.

Wow, lot of things in this post.

That title is good with me. On my end, feel free to use whatever names are found from literature to other characters and everything in between.

Happy birthday tomorrow and I hope you enjoy it well!

Enjoy your BF's girlfriend's grad party!

Finally, my thoughts, hopes, and prayers to your mother's surgery going well (as well as your own appointment) and a speedy recovery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think we'll have to wait and see how they're categorized when the game comes out, but I suspect the elves will need to be split up into Sun Elf, Wood Elf, Moon Elf, Wild Elf, and Dark Elf (Drow) as individual racial entries.

Alternatively, it's also possible the game will have an "elf" race with cosmetic (and potentially mechanical) options for wild and wood elves and also an "eladrin" race with cosmetic (and potentially mechanical) options for sun and moon elves, respectively.

Whatever the truth of the background lore may be, I think we should stick with the format the MMO uses, since not every player is going to have a PhD in Realmslore like the rest of us.
  • qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, don't forget the Star Elves from Sildeyuir ;-) They are a rare breed, but are naturally going into the direction of warlocks which makes them really cool :P

Also, there are the Dark Elves, I don't mean the drow, but the true dark elves, the Miyeritari. Their curse was lifted by Eilistraee sacrifice.

Oh, and Avariel, Lythari (werewolf elves), Fey'ri and maybe even Dwelf, rare crossbreed of elves and dwarves, common in ancient empires of these races.
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I doubt most of those will have a place in the game, but we'll see.
    edited June 2012
    If it is regarding wiki, we will add exotic forms of creatures when and if they are released in the game.

They will be added either to sub-races section or Monster Manual according to how it shapes up.
    qumi0 wrote: »
    Well, don't forget the Star Elves from Sildeyuir ;-) They are a rare breed, but are naturally going into the direction of warlocks which makes them really cool :P

Also, there are the Dark Elves, I don't mean the drow, but the true dark elves, the Miyeritari. Their curse was lifted by Eilistraee sacrifice.

Oh, and Avariel, Lythari (werewolf elves), Fey'ri and maybe even Dwelf, rare crossbreed of elves and dwarves, common in ancient empires of these races.

Among playable elf races in neverwinter campaign book, only four were listed (plus drow). If there are sigils/rifts in planar dimensions, then maybe even ugly warforged may come in game. But lets think about that when it actually happens.
    edited June 2012
    The week was tiring and very busy. So I could only update regions -> Mount Hotenow.

This week I will be working on Vellosk and Xinlenal.
  • parthainparthain Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Can't do a wiki or wikia without any information about the game, unless they release some information on it like classes, races, abilities, and such that will be available.
    edited June 2012
    I don't intend to stir the pot, but for posterity's (as well as scholarly sake) I found this recent article about drow. It taught me a lot about their history in D&D from products before my time.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4alum/2012June
    edited July 2012
    Updated Xinlenal mote and Vellosk
    in Regions -> Neverwinter Woods.

Wiki is starting to look nice now :p
  • fayieonfayieon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey all ... this is kind of my introductory post. I've spent the last couple days going over the posts on the forum and the wikia site itself. While I do not (at the moment) have any background on 4e events, I believe I can help rewrite some of the articles.

This may sound presumptuous coming from the new guy, but let me clarify. I do not intend to remove any information, merely adjust how it's presented ... maybe it's just me but there are parts that do not seem to "flow" as well as they could. I'm not sure who wrote the original articles, but I could send them any proposed changes before posting them to ensure the historical lore is still intact.
    edited July 2012
    Its ok you can edit and post all you want. If something is not right, it can always be reverted later using the history.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have screen shots I'd like to be added to our wiki. Anyone here able and willing to take them and add them to the wiki? Everyone uses Gamepedia these days right? Or..?

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.