Options

Website and Forum Maintenance

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2012
    recieved reply to support ticket

"We are aware of an issue that is causing users to be unable to register a new PWE account that has the same information as a currently existing Cryptic account. We are working on a solution to this issue, and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. If you have an existing Cryptic account, and wish to use the same login information, please be patient while this issue is resolved.

If you do not have an existing Cryptic account, please try inputting different account information."

For those that are having same issues
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Evilhemmes wrote:
    recieved reply to support ticket

"We are aware of an issue that is causing users to be unable to register a new PWE account that has the same information as a currently existing Cryptic account. We are working on a solution to this issue, and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. If you have an existing Cryptic account, and wish to use the same login information, please be patient while this issue is resolved.

If you do not have an existing Cryptic account, please try inputting different account information."

For those that are having same issues

So, if we registered a forum account here, is that technically a Cryptic account? And will this be resolved by the 1st of May?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Can we get some new HD images posted with the forum update? Or soon? I'm dying to see something new.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Ty for your diligence in keeping us posted, Evilhemmes.

I have been awaiting for any official word( to be posted on this site) as to how they/we can go about resolving this issue. It is nice to see someone in the same boat keeping on them and informing the rest of us.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Aandre senses a... faint odor...

hears footsteps in the distance...

as the footsteps near .. one lone figure with a long black trenchcoat and black tophat is heard whispering........

"Oh my.. its time to announce update 3... delayed until May 15.... need to get hamsters more sugar....."
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So, if we registered a forum account here, is that technically a Cryptic account? And will this be resolved by the 1st of May?
    StormShade wrote:
    I've also been informed that once this maintenance has been completed, you will need a PWE Account to log into the forums.

Please understand, that this does not mean that you will lose post count, display name, or anything else.

For those of you who have been with us since before January, and are using a Cryptic Account to Login to the website and forums, you will need to merge your Cryptic Account with your PWE Account.

If you already have a PWE account, you will be able to merge your existing Cryptic Account, with your existing PWE Account. If you do not have a PWE Account, you will need to create one.

Once the maintenance has been completed, when you log into the website next, you will be walked through the process of linking those two accounts.

The process is fairly easy, and painless, and our support team will be able to assist people working through the process.

I think that if you created an account before the merge of PWE and Cryptic then yes, you have a cryptic account. So I'm guessing that if you try to log in tomorrow with your Cryptic account, it's going to ask you to link to a pwe account? Or... are they making accounts for us? I do so hope it's painless, else that poor support team!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    It doesn't look like anything has happened. I'm still unable to create a PWE account using my existing email address. I really don't want to create a new email address just to be able to create a new PWE account.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    It doesn't look like anything has happened. I'm still unable to create a PWE account using my existing email address. I really don't want to create a new email address just to be able to create a new PWE account.

I have created an account with pwe, and was given the prompt to link pwe with cryptic, just try a new username and forum name, but your current neverwinter email addy should work, if not you will have to lodge a support ticket via PWE.

i cannot however enter my beta key, that was pre-entered under solo cryptic account b:cry

This is Evilhemmes
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well I have to say Im disappointed in the new web design. The cartoon teddy bear smilies are beyond ridiculous. That caters to what 4-9 year olds, maybe?

I have to say I was expecting much more from the team.

All uniform grade school avatars I knew about and also do not like.

How is this website supposed to compete with DDO and other professionally designed game sites?

I know, I ask for a lot sometimes... just confused why bother changing it from the way it was......... (Id usually insert a smily face here fact but I REFUSE TO)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    slypdiskslypdisk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yeah I can see where you are coming from, the emoticons are kind of silly, at the end of the day though it's just the website, and not a huge deal in the bigger picture.

That being said I want my avatar back!
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I am already missing the old website. I am not sure if features have been removed or I would be able to 'find' them; though some are already gone:-

1 - Smileys. Bear smileys are ridiculous! I mean this - b:kiss b:flower - is an example. Were they supposed to be cute? :confused: :eek:
    2 - Can't make the thread display newest first
    3 - Custom avatar!
    4 - Ability to maintain old posts - to update them, and to see who posted those previously.
    5 - Don't like the way they have arranged the topic sub-folders. Just folders to discuss classes ... no roleplaying sub-folder, etc etc.

Though I like some new things:-

1 - Main page design
    2 - Races/classes explanation in a nicely tabbed format
    3 - New fonts!
    4 - Avatar design is nice
    5 - New post icon for fire is nice
    6 - ability to expand post in a single page if post is big.
    7 - they kept the theme color of the forums same :D
  • Options
    r555555555555555r555555555555555 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Man, this sux. I had to create a less than perfect world account to order Torchlight II. So I do have an existing ltpw account, but I DO NOT want to merge my Cryptic account w/this lame azz ltpw account. I must've tried dozens of user names for my ltpw account. All taken, hence the lame r55555555555555 name. I AM BlueEyedDevil and would like to remain so on these forums. I joined the original NW forums in June of last year. I don't want to lose that. Just please fix this.

P.S.-The teddy bear emoticons look like something an eight year old girl would use. LAME!

BlueEyedDevil
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I joined the original NW forums in June of last year. I don't want to lose that. Just please fix this.

I don't see my date, or number of posts being retained. When I first logged in, it showed number of posts 0 and joining date of May 2012 for me also.

Everybody else who joined before also have their date of joining being showed to me as May 2012 too, with number of posts of what they posted today.

Apart from that, all old posts seems to have guest as the poster and status as an archived post.

Old posts are inaccessible to me (can't edit them like before).

So I am not sure if your joining the forums earlier/later than others is going to make any difference, considering they don't plan to bring down forums for another update to link old posts to new accounts.
  • Options
    steelebutterflysteelebutterfly Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Wow, I joined a long time ago and never knew it!

Welcome, steelebutterfly.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

I know I had 2 PMs saved, and now they're gone. *sad* (I refuse to use the bear emoticons)
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Wow, I joined a long time ago and never knew it!

Welcome, steelebutterfly.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

I know I had 2 PMs saved, and now they're gone. *sad* (I refuse to use the bear emoticons)

Wow Steele, I think you and Jimi (Hendrix) joined at about the same time!!

I'll be posting regularly on our guild site, feel free to join us and holla on our shoutbox whenever ya like to let us know you are still out there ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    For those people that entered beta keys prior to merge and via cryptic account. plz see below for reassurance, reply from support ticket.

"Response Via Email (Support Staff %$) 05/02/2012 12:06 PM
    According to our records, you are currently registered to the Neverwinter Beta. If this is the beta you are referring to, you should have no issue when the beta becomes active."

cheers
    Evil :)
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    So, it locked out new user names and display names for me when I entered them as well as my previous ones "reserved by another user." Lost my private messages, which I (stupidly assumed for once) I would have gotten back siunce out account was "linked," we have boring display name icons and...I have no adjective that can properly describe my negative absurity for it...bear similies.

And we we lost our post count and join dates from Cryptic.

Besides that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rangerlordsolorangerlordsolo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well by all the posting many of you have done. You'll be back to your original counts soon.

I was just able to get things rolling not too long ago. Though I didn't get a beta key that I am aware of I'm sure that no big lost has happened to me. Just the fact of losing my original character name here.

It just seems to me that they should had said "Hey guys and gals. You'll need to remake a name that has nothing to do with your old account to make this new account at PW. You'll be reset back to 0 as a new starter member but if you had your beta key sent before, your info should transfer over."

Just a heads up before we go and try to link things might have taken the sting out a bit better, I think. Though at least I am able to log in now. The funny thing is that my school's network setup for IE doesn't like this site. I can't log in. So I downloaded Chrome and boom. Here I am. Anybody else using IE having issues?

Solo
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well by all the posting many of you have done. You'll be back to your original counts soon.

I was just able to get things rolling not too long ago. Though I didn't get a beta key that I am aware of I'm sure that no big lost has happened to me. Just the fact of losing my original character name here.

It just seems to me that they should had said "Hey guys and gals. You'll need to remake a name that has nothing to do with your old account to make this new account at PW. You'll be reset back to 0 as a new starter member but if you had your beta key sent before, your info should transfer over."

Just a heads up before we go and try to link things might have taken the sting out a bit better, I think. Though at least I am able to log in now. The funny thing is that my school's network setup for IE doesn't like this site. I can't log in. So I downloaded Chrome and boom. Here I am. Anybody else using IE having issues?

Solo

Weird some posts appear to be missing from here. Noted I had IE issues with another location and had to download chrome for my stuff which was used for months with this site and no problems except finishing the account merge had to be done with another browser besides chrome. Since then no problems w Chrome, IE etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    valkhadvalkhad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I don't have a link to the post by SS, but the forum switch-over was not an option, and it would seem the user accounts were incompatible, in regard to the fact that many of the user names we had registered with Cryptic may have already been in use by another user in the Perfect World database. Is that hard to believe? Yes, but not if you think about how long PWE has been around and how many bot/mule/alt accounts have (possibly) been made.

It's unfortunate that we lost our post counts, etc. However, the acquisition of Cryptic by PWE (it was an acquisition, right? Or a "merger?") kind of spelled doom for our accounts.

Re: Forum Issues...

Let's put it this way: Cryptic has WAY bigger fish to fry. A very small percentage of the current forum population is going to stick around until release, and they are (predominantly) the ones that aren't ******** about **** that quite honestly doesn't matter right now. Have some patience -- the devs are more concerned with development of THE GAME than the pedantic, entitled complaints of the forum population.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Mods Delete post
  • Options
    justinmartyrjustinmartyr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi the launcher says:
    Please check forums for more information.
    But I can't find any threads that say anything about server maintenance for today. :(
    Any help?

Thanks.
  • Options
    geekonragegeekonrage Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi the launcher says:
    Please check forums for more information.
    But I can't find any threads that say anything about server maintenance for today. :(
    Any help?

Thanks.

It is here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?189911-Maintenance-Tonight-8pm-to-Midnight-Pacific-Time
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Woah, Necromancy is bad! This thread is all old and decaying!
This discussion has been closed.