test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Website and Forum Maintenance

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in News & Announcements
UPDATE: Website and Forum downtime has been moved to Tuesday, 5/1 at 9 AM PDT.

Hi Folks!

We'll be performing some website and forum maintenance on Tuesday, May 1, from 9:00 AM PDT, until 1:00PM PDT. During this time, both the forums, and website will be unavailable.

This maintenance is being performed in order to continue the integrations of PWE and Cryptic Studios, and we'll have some nice, new, shiny things up for you all at the end of it.

Should the time and or date of this maintenance change, I will update this thread with the new information.

I also want to make a special note to our forum posters:

Once this maintenance has been completed, you will all be using the same avatar. We are removing the ability to use custom forum avatars during this maintenance. While we are launching with just the one forum avatar, we will be creating more for your use as time goes on.

Edit: I've also been informed that once this maintenance has been completed, you will need a PWE Account to log into the forums.

Please understand, that this does not mean that you will lose post count, display name, or anything else.

For those of you who have been with us since before January, and are using a Cryptic Account to Login to the website and forums, you will need to merge your Cryptic Account with your PWE Account.

If you already have a PWE account, you will be able to merge your existing Cryptic Account, with your existing PWE Account. If you do not have a PWE Account, you will need to create one.

Once the maintenance has been completed, when you log into the website next, you will be walked through the process of linking those two accounts.

The process is fairly easy, and painless, and our support team will be able to assist people working through the process.

Update the 2nd: This maintenance has been delayed. It will now be occurring next Tuesday, on May 1st.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2012
    You mean we are getting a REAL forum!? :)

You guys rock!!!!!

(Hopefully we'll be able to post images)
    edited April 2012
    But...but I like my avatar!
    edited April 2012
    I like my avatar too.

Just for future reference. I used to play Dragon Age: Origins and Bioware has this thing where you can upload your actual in-game character portrait as your forum avatar. Would definitely love to see that here.
    edited April 2012
    Heh any forum that doesn't allow us to choose custom avatars and have custom siggys is pretty meh and fail IMHO. I don't like being just Another Brick In the Wall !

I like being able to post images but to be honest i would rather give that up to keep our avatars.

If you put a limit on the size etc of the avatar its no big deal BUT images on the other hand can be a hassle and in need of constant moderation etc.

Just look at the what happens in the DDO forums.
    edited April 2012
    Actually I can understand why more and more company's aren't allowing custom avatars and sigs...it's just another venue to troll with; I mean just look at the TOR forums these days.

Trolls are why we can't have nice things.
    edited April 2012
    Forum posters tend to use Avatars that define who we are. Remove that option & you have sea of faceless masses. Nothing to differentiate you from the next poster except a name tag. Next it will be everyone in lock-step & communist grey.
    Little changes like this is what leads to bigger issues down the road.

Great quote just popped in my head "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear down this wall!"
    edited April 2012
    I have to chime in on this as well. Having our own choice to which avitar we want would be the best choice. Granted, we haven't seen what you guys and gals have come up with but many have been using what they have to identify themselves from the rest. Many may use what they have on other forums so this in turn is their face.

So please let us have the option of custom avitars please.
    edited April 2012
    I feel sad. Its like loosing my individuality on the forums.
    But lets see ...
    edited April 2012
    Really...? I've never been on a forum that didn't allow one to chose their own avatar one way or another. This is kind of a strange move. Unless of course there is some technical issue that prevents us from doing so in which case you could just say so and I'd understand. But doing it intentionally?

This might seem like a small thing but I'm really confused lately about this kind of decision making that's been going on. Especially the lack of information being given to your future income providers. You guys don't seem to be trying to make any fans. Maybe it's just me? :confused:
    edited April 2012
    xilix wrote: »
    Forum posters tend to use Avatars that define who we are.
    I swear that I'm not a drow in any sense.
    True story.

I'm more like Goofy. :p
    edited April 2012
    Update: I've also been informed that once this maintenance has been completed, you will need a PWE Account to log into the forums and website.

Please understand, that this does not mean that you will lose post count, display name, or anything else.

For those of you who have been with us since before January, and are using a Cryptic Account to Login to the website and forums, you will need to merge your Cryptic Account with your PWE Account.

If you already have a PWE account, you will be able to merge your existing Cryptic Account, with your existing PWE Account. If you do not have a PWE Account, you will need to create one.

Once the maintenance has been completed, when you log into the website next, you will be walked through the process of linking those two accounts.

The process is fairly easy, and painless, and our support team will be able to assist people working through the process.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited April 2012
    StormShade wrote:
    Update: I've also been informed that once this maintenance has been completed, you will need a PWE Account to log into the forums and website.

Thanks,

Stormshade

I have Cryptic account and also a PWE account one for STO And one i believe was for Perfect World before the international client.

Awhile back i went through some shenanigans to be able to log into these forums. I now have two option at log in screen if i choose the PwE option i have a different forum name. How will that be resolved ?

Also i can't log into my PWE account dashboard for some reason. Since i hadnt played PWE in such a long time i did a account user name recovery got my account name.

I then did the password reset thing and yet it tells me my information is wrong.
    edited April 2012
    -insert negative comment about avatar changes here-
    edited April 2012
    I'm really going to miss being the Lady of Pain. The image I was using even matched the forum color scheme nicely.

That being said, I suppose if I really was the Lady of Pain all my forum posts would be an ellipsis. Anybody want to be my Dabus?
    edited April 2012
    Aavarius wrote: »
    I'm really going to miss being the Lady of Pain. The image I was using even matched the forum color scheme nicely.

That being said, I suppose if I really was the Lady of Pain all my forum posts would be an ellipsis. Anybody want to be my Dabus?

*Keeps his bone-box shut, 'lest he be "mazed" or worse; only trying to make his jink, letting some other Cutter be the Berk. Anyways, he'd be addled if he wanted to be popped into a race where he floats around and "speaks" in pics only!*

Man, I miss Planescape. (Honorable mention to Mort from the Planescape: Torment video game as well.)
    edited April 2012
    Somehow it may not be bad if they are changing avatars. But the problem with my avatar is that d&d art has not been very fair to clerics. Most of the art is concentrated around wizards, swords, thieves and shadow things, but I haven't found any D&D art for cleric which is of the same league. Maybe some cleric dwarves with hammers had some good art but...

I hope I can make a good cleric avatar from options... if that is possible.

*looks at art on forums*
    see. fighter has got an eyepatch. wizard is a tiefling with stick and fireball. The agile swordswoman is in active stance. But cleric? No holy symbol. No display of shine. No emblem to advertise the deity. Just a pretty band-aid hiding behind fighter.
    *sighs*
    *1 hour passes*
    *still sighing*
    edited April 2012
    When you inconvenience me, I am less likely to give you money. :\

Is it really that much of a problem to transfer my account instead of having me make a new one?
    edited April 2012
    Real cowboys have no fear. We can do this.

Hey Shade, while you are at it, can you tell us if anyone is in line to lose all their posts?
    edited April 2012
    Hey Stormshade,
    I've got a question how will the merge of accounts affect the beta key activation and eventual beta? I only ask as my Cryptic account is the one with which I activated my Neverwinter beta key with from PAX East 2012 and obviously don't want to miss out on the beta testing when it begins and any info to get in etc.

I look forward to your reply!
    edited April 2012
    Account merge, i cant even create a PWE account tells me that my details are already registered elsewhere username, password, and email address (here right) im the same with regards to beta key as well, what i am also afraid off is that i have put it my beta key from pax , through the cryptic beta sign up link, im afraid that i will have voided the code by not having accounts linked, i have lodged a ticket through pwe and am yet to get a response.
    edited April 2012
    Awhh... I will miss my Avatar. Also, do I need to make a NEW PWE account or will this one still be here?
    edited April 2012
    Evilhemmes wrote:
    Account merge, i cant even create a PWE account tells me that my details are already registered elsewhere username, password, and email address (here right) im the same with regards to beta key as well, what i am also afraid off is that i have put it my beta key from pax , through the cryptic beta sign up link, im afraid that i will have voided the code by not having accounts linked, i have lodged a ticket through pwe and am yet to get a response.

happen the same to me, tryed to register on PWE but sayed my mail is already in use and if i try to recover the password it says it dont exist LOLOL

I hope all will work good when they merge the login :P
    edited April 2012
    Hey folks,

Another quick update on this:

The maintenance has been delayed. We have rescheduled this to be occurring on Tuesday, May 1st.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited April 2012
    My avatar lives!

(for a little while longer)
    edited April 2012
    <
    It's a good thing Aandre didn't sell his bike... yet.
    edited April 2012
    Macabrius wrote:
    happen the same to me, tryed to register on PWE but sayed my mail is already in use and if i try to recover the password it says it dont exist LOLOL

______DITTO______!
    edited April 2012
    Evilhemmes wrote:
    ______DITTO______!
    Macabrius wrote:

I hope all will work good when they merge the login :P
    Evilhemmes wrote:

Never registered on PWE and I have the same issue with the site. SS have any info on this? Can we have our usernames merged into PWE or do I have to create a new username and lose both this and my login name for the reasons above? Also, what about the people with registered beta keys here?
    edited April 2012
    A Mate created a PWE account first, upon doing so was asked to merge PWE with cryptic, and has had no problems and his beta code is all good, and is able to see link greyed out once beta starts for client download in his PWE account, seems to be that some of us that have been here since before PWE aquired cryptic might be in for a spot of bother.

any info would be appreciated Stormy:)
    edited April 2012
    Evilhemmes wrote:

Aye, I just tried to make a PWE account and it also told me someone had already registered using my email address, so I just backed on out. Hopefully you guys can resolve this so you do not end up losing most of your current customer base to a "simple" merging issue.
    edited April 2012
    Recieved email support from PWE today in the form of

Response Via Email (Support Staff 47) 04/25/2012 03:54 PM
    There was an issue on our end that has been resolved. Please try and register an account with us again. Thank you for your patience, and let us know if you have any more questions.

Email accounts can now be registered but usernames and forum names cannot. I have replied to support ticket for information regarding username and forum name advice on wether to create newones and try and merge accounts.
This discussion has been closed.