edited April 2012
    Doh I just ran into that too. Beat me :D
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2012
    Yeah bear beat hyena :D
    edited April 2012
    Nice catch granmazzo!

Looked like a Drow Fighter. I think he used an AOE (looked like a yell).

No shield bashing though from what I saw.
    edited April 2012
    From what I heard sound like a challenge. Possibly a taunt type action?
    edited April 2012
    silverspar wrote: »
    From what I heard sound like a challenge. Possibly a taunt type action?

Quite possibly! It would go with the Defender power set.
    edited April 2012
    Qumi wrote: »
    http://tap-repeatedly.com/2012/04/neverwinter-dawning/

Some article about Neverwinter. It says that the game is using all editions as inspiration, not only 4 ed. Also, they mention dragonborn, but I suppose that's just speculation, or a hint given them by devs? No idea.
    Other races I saw include of course Humans and Dwarves. Elves, Half-Elves, Drow, and quite possibly Dragonborn PCs will also exist in the game.

Sounds like unconfirmed to me alas.

Craig Zinkievich from Cryptic, who was on hand to run the demo, was really careful to specify “Control Wizard” when referring to the character’s base class. He explained that certain classes will be able to choose different build structures, so there would actually be more than one way to play something like a D&D Wizard or Rogue, a bit like the different build options players have in the tabletop game. Despite the team-focused role labels used in recent D&D iterations, this game is going to be designed to be solo-friendly too, with plenty of options available for players who want to go it alone.

But can we customize? *sigh*

Sorry: that’s Fourth Edition jargon I just laid down on you, but it’s also exactly how the game was explained to us in play. When I asked about this, I was assured that, despite the use of a Fourth Edition setting and heavy steeping in Fourth Edition mechanics, Neverwinter is not merely a Fourth Edition game but a true Dungeons & Dragons game that takes inspiration from other editions as well. That being said, given the terminology used and the direct references to the Spell Plague also present in Fourth Edition Forgotten Realms suppliments, I don’t think saying Fourth Edition is the primary inspiration is really going out on a limb. But make no mistake: I love Fourth Edition Dungeons & Dragons. I like the tactical combat, the varied encounter generation, and the clear character roles. I even like the heroic power level of the individual characters, the stripped-down skill list (at least most of the time), and the nerfed multi-classing

And what per se is the other "inspired content" of "earlier editions" in the game?

granmazzo wrote:
    Ah sorry i update soon :D .

This is a very short youtube video on what i think is a fighter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZORHEUxumQ&feature=related

This video is currently unavailable :( Edit: It's running again, Huzzah! :)
    edited April 2012
    Some new info here, and state your questions: http://forums.playneverwinter.com/showthread.php?t=4786 :P
    edited April 2012
    Please update your post after answers from stromshade.

Cleric is there
    No info about ranger

post is

http://forums.playneverwinter.com/showpost.php?p=92004&postcount=3

EDIT: Ah! Qumi already beat me to it... oh well
    edited April 2012
    Silly me reading the oldest to the newest threads. Look forward to Stormshade's replies. Yippie!

Gods, I did a Young Anikin Skywalker.

*hangs head in shame*
    edited April 2012
    Silly me reading the oldest to the newest threads. Look forward to Stormshade's replies. Yippie!

Gods, I did a Young Anikin Skywalker.

*hangs head in shame*

*glares at the-truthseeker*
    edited April 2012
    Updated with new info from Stormshade:
    -Presence of Cleric class.
    -Pc levels from 1 to 60 (changed from 0 to 60).
    edited April 2012
    Ehy Ehy Ehy new video added:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUL0HJoBb-M

i don't understand very well english so i don't know if there are new info
    edited April 2012
    Very nice thank you!

PS Andy is the dashing rogue himself is he not? :)
    edited April 2012
    Heh, he is, but he's not very good at avoiding traps (got married :P ).

"Poor little zombies" XD Love it :)
    edited April 2012
    3 details are displayed near the minimap in UI -> locations for quest?
    The PC is shown on left most side top with name and level, but disappears sometime (when teleporting?)
    top center -> no idea, buffs?

Stealth = class feature skill
    shift tumble utility power
    dummy which tricks them is encounter power
    teleportation like thing: At will, to get behind and...
    Dailies:
    1. - fighters can get huge taunt, everything round them and mitigate tons of damage
    2. - control wizard can open arcane singularity and suck all the enemies into it (like angels's tornado in rusty hearts maybe)
    3. - rogue zipping melee damage to multiple enemies

There are gems like fire agate in treasure
    One rogue ability - dazes the opponent and give combat advantage whereever you hit like you hit from behind (meaning it effects from which direction you hit)
    --- From video

EDIT: Last one is bold because someone was saying rogue doesn't get any advantage from where he hits (back or front)
    edited April 2012
    Yes i have just noted that maybe the class feature skill are the 2 green icon on the left
    edited April 2012
    gillrmn wrote:
    3 details are displayed near the minimap in UI -> locations for quest?
    The PC is shown on left most side top with name and level, but disappears sometime (when teleporting?)
    top center -> no idea, buffs?

Stealth = class feature skill
    shift tumble utility power
    dummy which tricks them is encounter power
    teleportation like thing: At will, to get behind and...
    Dailies:
    1. - fighters can get huge taunt, everything round them and mitigate tons of damage
    2. - control wizard can open arcane singularity and suck all the enemies into it (like angels's tornado in rusty hearts maybe)
    3. - rogue zipping melee damage to multiple enemies

There are gems like fire agate in treasure
    One rogue ability - dazes the opponent and give combat advantage whereever you hit like you hit from behind (meaning it effects from which direction you hit)
    --- From video

EDIT: Last one is bold because someone was saying rogue doesn't get any advantage from where he hits (back or front)

Heh, when I heard and read the controll wizards's "Singularity" or "Black Hole" effect, I flashed back to this moment in Adventure Time.

Dagnabit, now I have t make a Fighter named Finn also :p
    edited April 2012
    At this point in time the thing i am most interested in seeing next is a class list, then a race list. We know the combat is interesting and interactive, they confirmed parties and raids. Crafting, pvp. Seems well setup.
    edited April 2012
    Found a 5 mins video. It shows:
    • game play of a fighter
    • street scenes of Neverwinter
    • game play of a wizard

Judging by how wizard casts Magic Missile, at-will powers seem to have no cool down?
    edited April 2012
    But does the wizard know Jim's Magic Missle? :)
    edited April 2012
    granmazzo wrote:
    So , a little list of what we know or maybe suppose we know [snip]

Great work granmazzo!!! Missed this thread initially. Great assembly of the facts/probables as we know them today.
    edited April 2012
    edited April 2012
    End of gametrailers video I see jumping :D
    Jumping confirmed. But what about crouching. :confused:
    edited April 2012
    Rly, still no wizard video even though he was in the demo :/

Edit: I stand corrected :P There is wizard! :)

Anyway, I think I saw some gnome/halfing NPCS, since they were small but not fatty like dwarves...
    edited April 2012
    yes Qumi watch the youtube video at the end
    edited April 2012
    Found a 5 mins video. It shows:
    • game play of a fighter
    • street scenes of Neverwinter
    • game play of a wizard

Judging by how wizard casts Magic Missile, at-will powers seem to have no cool down?
    The city of Neverwinter looks much more . . . lush than I expected. Also, I think at-wills replace what would be "normal attacks" in other mmos so yeah, no cool downs. My only concern is click spamming always makes me feel like my mouse is gonna break.

Also in the wizard portion of the video, there was a part where she was standing on a ledge, shooting missiles on the monsters below. With that in mind . . . Not just flying, but I also hope there will be lots of "jumping from rooftop to rooftop" kind of action as well. Aside than being 4e inspired, it's R. A. Salvatore novels inspired, and we always see (read about) Drizzt jumping from rooftops and trees and catwalks and all sorts of high places.
    So I hope that there will be lots of places where we can climb (or jump on) walls for some tactical advantage.
    edited April 2012
    ProdK wrote:
    The city of Neverwinter looks much more . . . lush than I expected. Also, I think at-wills replace what would be "normal attacks" in other mmos so yeah, no cool downs. My only concern is click spamming always makes me feel like my mouse is gonna break.

Also in the wizard portion of the video, there was a part where she was standing on a ledge, shooting missiles on the monsters below. With that in mind . . . Not just flying, but I also hope there will be lots of "jumping from rooftop to rooftop" kind of action as well. Aside than being 4e inspired, it's R. A. Salvatore novels inspired, and we always see (read about) Drizzt jumping from rooftops and trees and catwalks and all sorts of high places.
    So I hope that there will be lots of places where we can climb (or jump on) walls for some tactical advantage.

Seems the attack rate is average and I mean average where you're not spamming average. I'm just overjoied that I finally got to see a good clip of wizard fighting *joy*!
    edited April 2012
    Seems the attack rate is average and I mean average where you're not spamming average. I'm just overjoied that I finally got to see a good clip of wizard fighting *joy*!

Well, to be completely honest, the video of wizard did not entrall me much. Maybe I was expecting a lot, but it didn't seem very fluid. It was more like a shooter with a low level gun in a fps game.

However, I assume this is so only for low-level wizard who does not have effective AoE. Do you think the combat of wizard was a fluid as say, the rogue?

EDIT: Looks at post above. *giggle* Control wizard have a daily to collect everyone. What will they do after collecting them, No AoE -> ... ok i was wrong, the AoE does damage too.
    edited April 2012
    gillrmn wrote:
    Well, to be completely honest, the video of wizard did not entrall me much. Maybe I was expecting a lot, but it didn't seem very fluid. It was more like a shooter with a low level gun in a fps game.

However, I assume this is so only for low-level wizard who does not have effective AoE. Do you think the combat of wizard was a fluid as say, the rogue?

Yeah, the one thing I was pi...err peeved (remembered filters) about was *Not* showing the encounter powers so we could see an AoE control moment. The daily sucking in everything and spitting it out is great, but how are they for *each* encounter, esp. in a group?
    edited April 2012
    gillrmn wrote:
    2. control wizard can open arcane singularity and suck all the enemies into it (like angels's tornado in rusty hearts maybe)
    That one can be seen here (at 3:00). The camera is not close enough though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ8Z0iZo3TA

Another interview/rogue game play. The interviewer didn't ask any remarkable question, so we basically already knew all the info.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEFpx8AiNsY